Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,840 members, 7,962,760 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (4013254 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) ... (3922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Tpayne007:
The same people that released Bee movie and shark tales

But they made Madagascar, kungfu panda and how to train you dragon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
kushercain:

Anyone know the name of this background song?

POINT OF NO RETURN by immortal technique.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Do you know while filming The Shining, Stanley Kubrick forced Shelley Duvall to perform this scene 127 times! Her crying & shakey hands were real. It's in Guiness for the most takes ever for a scene w/ spoken dialogue. Due to the mental torture Kubrick put her through(during 500 days of shooting)she cried 12 hrs a day & had to keep a cup of water close by due to dehydration. Even the "Here's Johnny" scene was something she didnt know about until after Jack came through the door. Her reaction was real. When she yelled Jack's name in terror, she was yelling @ Jack Nicholson, not the character. The story about her entire experience is crazy, which is fitting since some believe it drove her mad. She hasn't been the same since.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tpayne007(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nova15:

But they made Madagascar, kungfu panda and how to train you dragon.
You forgot Shrek btw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
Babaj145:

Lol..abeg we like am as aquaman...
Lol.. Wanna ruffle some delicate feathers jare. Momoa fit dem Slavic viking character.. He should play Odin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
Do you know while filming The Shining, Stanley Kubrick forced Shelley Duvall to perform this scene 127 times! Her crying & shakey hands were real. It's in Guiness for the most takes ever for a scene w/ spoken dialogue. Due to the mental torture Kubrick put her through(during 500 days of shooting)she cried 12 hrs a day & had to keep a cup of water close by due to dehydration. Even the "Here's Johnny" scene was something she didnt know about until after Jack came through the door. Her reaction was real. When she yelled Jack's name in terror, she was yelling @ Jack Nicholson, not the character. The story about her entire experience is crazy, which is fitting since some believe it drove her mad. She hasn't been the same since.
I hope the pay was worth the stress
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I hope the pay was worth the stress
Hope so too because the role deeply affected her mental health. My empathy for her broadened when I saw her on doctor Phil who made it worse by exploiting her

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

Hope so too because the role deeply affected her mental health. My empathy for her broadened when I saw her on doctor Phil who made it worse by exploiting her
She won a razzie award,for her performance in the shining.While I watched the movie a few weeks ago,I agreed with the razzie judges for handing her the award
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
kushercain:
T.A.T.B ; ps I still love you

Any guy still trying to understand the unnecessary intricacies that goes on in a ladies mind would give up after watching this confused child of the world grin

Enjoyed it more than the first tho 7.75/10
.. . it's just a perfect layout of how females act in real life ..

the former seems interesting than this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Adventures of Tintin(2011)....7.7/10
Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

And Spielberg Ace's this one perfectly. It was a stunning visual spectacle, the attention to details was top notch. Story was simple & good, the voice acts were spectacular. Now I have an inkling why it was the first animated film to win a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film.

If you love a good animated movie, with lots of action & adventure, then this movie is definitely for you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
Heavenly Sword (2014)...6.5/10

Storyline was epic, majestic & dramatic. I haven't really played the game to compare the graphics, but i must say, the graphics wasn't really impressive at all, most of the characters lacked proper facial expressions.
It's a solid 6.5 for me, cause of the storyline, it'd have gotten more if they had worked more on visual effects.
If you love a well told story and are willing to ignore the not so good graphics, then it's a good watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Batman Mask Of The Phantasm..9/10
Genre: Action, Animation, Adventure

When it comes to Animation, DC sure knows how to craft an amazing story.
The storyline was the bomb, it was kinda of a Batman/ Bruce Wayne origin story, it was a well written, unpredictable & a perfect portrayal of the caped crusader, and it was far far better than the movies portrayal of Batman so far. Voice act was perfect, so was the animation, the soundtracks were mesmerizing.
Not trying to hype anything here, if you are a fan of the caped crusader, do check out this awesome animated flick.... Don't wanna spill more so as not to spoil the fun.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

POINT OF NO RETURN by immortal technique.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 12:42am On Feb 27, 2020
kongolo:
She won a razzie award,for her performance in the shining.While I watched the movie a few weeks ago,I agreed with the razzie judges for handing her the award
At first I thought she deserved the razzie, it was after I read the book that I realized Kubrick's portrayal of Wendy was totally terrible. She's this strong passionate woman in the books but the movie just made her stupid even King complained about the misogynistic portrayal of Wendy saying "she was basically there to scream and be stupid, that's not the woman I wrote about"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:05am On Feb 27, 2020
kongolo:
is it like an horror movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:07am On Feb 27, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

At first I thought she deserved the razzie, it was after I read the book that I realized Kubrick's portrayal of Wendy was totally terrible. She's this strong passionate woman in the books but the movie just made her stupid even King complained about the misogynistic portrayal of Wendy saying "she was basically there to scream and be stupid, that's not the woman I wrote about"
Typically annoying of all dem horror flick. Gets me annoyed this days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by doctormoh(m): 3:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Hello guyz. Please I need your help. How can I download a movie from imdb.com? A step by step guide will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:19am On Feb 27, 2020
mekaprime:
Adventures of Tintin(2011)....7.7/10

And Spielberg Ace's this one perfectly. It was a stunning visual spectacle, the attention to details is top notch. Story was simple & good, the voice acts were spectacular. Now I have an inkling why it was the first animated film to win a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film.

If you love a good animated movie, with lots of action & adventure, then this movie is definitely for you.
The bolded is paining my brain. Or was that category created in 2011?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by fucc12: 4:48am On Feb 27, 2020
Yelling to the sky

I need download link!!
Help a brother out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:23am On Feb 27, 2020
doctormoh:
Hello guyz. Please I need your help. How can I download a movie from imdb.com? A step by step guide will be highly appreciated. Thanks
it's a movie review platform..you can't download movies on there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:27am On Feb 27, 2020
Kaycee7:
The bolded is paining my brain. Or was that category created in 2011?

It won the award in 2012 not 2011 & it was the first to win it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ausuch(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2020
Tpayne007:
You should also watch
Better call Saul
Mr robot
Glow
Homecoming
Fargo
Legion
Fleabag
Dark
Ragnarok
And I've still got more if you are interested
wow thanks for this.. am interested pls drop more.. I have seen Fargo, Dark (season 1 only am yet to watch the season 2), better call Saul is lovely too. pls drop more if you can..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:45am On Feb 27, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Typically annoying of all dem horror flick. Gets me annoyed this days.
I liked doctor sleep though, its the sequel to the shining
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2020
mekaprime:

The storyline is the bomb, it was kinda of a Batman/ Bruce Wayne origin story, it was a well written, unpredictable & a perfect portrayal of the caped crusader, and it was far far better than the movies portrayal of Batman so far. Voice act was perfect, so was the animation, the soundtracks were mesmerizing.
Not trying to hype anything here, if you are a fan of the caped crusader, do check out this awesome animated flick.... Don't wanna spill more so as not to spoil the fun.

DC is really awesome wen it comes to animation
U can go check out superman red son
Very cool

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2020
mekaprime:

It won the award in 2012 not 2011 & it was the first to win it.
So the category was created in 2012?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2020
mekaprime:

The storyline was the bomb, it was kinda of a Batman/ Bruce Wayne origin story, it was a well written, unpredictable & a perfect portrayal of the caped crusader, and it was far far better than the movies portrayal of Batman so far. Voice act was perfect, so was the animation, the soundtracks were mesmerizing.

Is it the 1993 movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
Superman Red Son

My G Batman been making light work of the entire members of the Justice league since the days of Pharaoh.

Finally Lex Luthor did something good in this life cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hasture: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2020
We recently went to the movies on the movie "Bad Guys". Score 10 out of 10. I was really looking forward to the release of this part and was not disappointed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tpayne007(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
ausuch:

wow thanks for this.. am interested pls drop more.. I have seen Fargo, Dark (season 1 only am yet to watch the season 2), better call Saul is lovely too. pls drop more if you can..
sure why not
His dark material
Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Love death and Robots
The End of the fucking World
Stranger things
I am not okay with this
The mandalorian
The chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Doom Patrol
Titans ( I Have mixed feelings about this one)
Catch 22
I've still got more if you are interested
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by doctormoh(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
oyaskii:
it's a movie review platform..you can't download movies on there.

Duly noted. Thanks for the reply.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kaycee7:
So the category was created in 2012?

According to Wikipedia that category was created in 2007, and Cars(2006) won it first.
Tintin was actually the first all-digital motion-captured animated film as well as the first non-Pixar film to win a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) ... (3922) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m), Miggs(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.