Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,600 members, 7,961,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (4011727 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (3921) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:

my guy abduleez is low key anti west so he no go gree with any movie portraying western dudes as military superheroes grin

for him that kind of packaged military propaganda belongs squarely in the 80s with the rambo movies

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Not everyone can love Big Sam unconditionally.😎
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
majesticguy:

LMAO... The price of the cooling system alone can buy one a good basic laptop. 8k resolution, damn! the graphics would be insanely out of this world. After playing games, especially AAA titles on such Rig( Horizon Zero Dawn comes to mind), the image and graphics literally lives on with you in your mind and even your subconscious.
loool As the guy was reviewing it his eyes lit up in Joy....see no be say we no sabi enjoy...na money dey hinder my joy embarassed.....Make our touch this money first grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kaycee7:
When you've adjusted to the current speed of the insanity but then they switch to gear 3 grin grin
Lmaoo...I was excepting the kid to even say she's gonna be transable or some wild shit, i genuinely was gasping for air when she closed with "I want to live as information forever" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
toluxe0075:

Which kind wahala be this grin
pu7pl3:

ProblemπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Shey una dey see problem wey dey ahead if alphabet people continue to "admit" more family members grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
RE: Private Life (2018)

"actually, we wanted to ask you about your eggs"
"Scrambled is good!, but however you guys do them is fine by me".

Tamara Jenkins 3rd feature after long wait from the brilliant Savages (2007), is a brutally honest, emotionally wrenching but hilarious take on the struggles of fertility and child bearing.
Starring Paul Giamatti from Billions and the comedienne Kathryn Hanh stars as Richard and Rachel a suburban middle aged couple having fertility difficulties, throwing up thier life savings at any solution just to be parents, they are seemly thrown a life line when Richard's brother's step daughter decided to gift them an egg, the emotional weight of this decision sent things spiralling out of control.

The writing and directing is top notch, presenting infertility struggles and marriage troubles that accompanies it in a way that never feels clichΓ©. I myself am a close friend to a couple for years who underwent the same problem but thankfully became Parents this year, so the story resonate close to home.

The ending is one of the best i have seen in a motion picture, cold, bleak but oddly satisfying. This is one of the gem Indies Netflix drops once in a while that i really like, the other been "Marriage Story" (2019).
Recommended if you can stomach the subject matter.
8/10.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:

if i want to stay up to date and enjoy the game to the fullest - this is what i will have to do

it may seem unimportant, until you hit a bug.

years ago i was playing mass effect andromeda - and there was a point in the game where it would crash before a boss fight. it was an open world game, so i could go to other places. it was at least a month before there was a crack update for the patch that fixed the issue.

Thanks boss. That's one of the downside of PC gaming. The bugs are something else, I had to stop playing some games because of bugs, as they were no patch for them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sinister 2 : 5.5/10
Genre : Horror, Mystery

Not as tensed, gory, scary or fvcked up as first one, although it was fairly ok.

I wonder why they had to resolve the mystery in the first movie, they should have just made the resolution in this one.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter:6/10
Genre: Action, Horror

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
SOZINN:
Politics is the only reason why SISU has a 94% rating on RT and I can't even explain how it managed to earn that audience rating. Everything about it is average as fΓ»ck and the action is meh at best. πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
Everything you wrote about that overhyped movie is true. To say that I was disappointed after watching that movie is an understatement. The movie is bang average at best.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao, I think say na only me notice am.

Very average as fvvk movie. The day I saw the critics score I just dey laugh. That film no get story at all. Just action and to God be the Glory. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Even the so called action sef in the movie is unconvincing. The man that recommended that movie for me to watch, I've been sceptical about getting movie recommendations from him since then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
oyaskii:
I'm sorry but this scene genuinely took me out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­
As funny as this scene is, oyinbo people will reach this stage quite soon enough. LGBTQ+ people. You think say the plus behind the alphabet be joke?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ishilove:

Your opinion. From the day I saw the trailer, I waited eagerly for the release and it didn't disappoint. That audience score represents the sentiments of a majority of people who have watched the movie while you naysayers are in the tiny minority. grin grin

You find Sisu average, I find it fvcking awesome!!!
Sisu and awesomeness in the same statement, dey whine my nose. It only shows that you don't watch a lot of good action movies. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:

my guy abduleez is low key anti west so he no go gree with any movie portraying western dudes as military superheroes grin

for him that kind of packaged military propaganda belongs squarely in the 80s with the rambo movies
I don't have anti-west ideology, yet I was left largely unimpressed by that movie. Total waste of my precious time. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I don't habour any anti-west ideology, yet I'm unimpressed by the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dybala11:

Sisu and awesomeness in the same statement, dey whine my nose. It only shows that you don't watch a lot of good action movies. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Your opinion. Many people agree with me grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dybala11:

Even the so called action sef in the movie is unconvincing. The man that recommended that movie for me to watch, I've been sceptical about getting movie recommendations from him since then.
Baba rest, n'aha Jesus 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ishilove:

Baba rest, n'aha Jesus 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
No be my fault, I was just feeling like a victim of fraud/scam after watching the movie despite all the hype. The same person that recommended Sisu for me actually went on to castigate other movies one of which is Kandahar by Gerald Butler. I understand that Kandahar didn't live up to the hype too, but it is witchcraft to castigate Kandahar and hype Sisu. You too think am na comrade. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
pu7pl3:

Yes oh and he killed dozens of bad guys...he also did all his own stunts.
He tried to seduce Hemsworth but someone interrupted them if not Baba done already off trouser.
Werey re araadugbo egami o. He wan carry me go where I no know. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kkins25(m): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
extraction 2... 3/10..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dybala11(m): 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
oyaskii:
grin grin cheesy Ok so what movie set was Baba on in that Viral Tik Tok video? πŸ˜€
Distraction: The seduction of Chris Hemsworth. 😎😎😎
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dybala11:

No be my fault, I was just feeling like a victim of fraud/scam after watching the movie despite all the hype. The same person that recommended Sisu for me actually went on to castigate other movies one of which is Kandahar by Gerald Butler. I understand that Kandahar didn't live up to the hype too, but it is witchcraft to castigate Kandahar and hype Sisu. You too think am na comrade. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Our opinions and preferences are entirely subjective. I may watch Kandahar and find it crappy. Same way my family thinks I'm displaying ogbanje traits for liking Yanni and operatic performances by Sarah Brightman. They call it "depressing music". We all have different tastes and view things from different lenses
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
kkins25:
extraction 2... 3/10..
Dybala11, is this not the same movie that almost everyone I know has been raving about how awesome it is? You see what I mean about subjectivity?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
kkins25:
extraction 2... 3/10..
this has to be bait right? grin

There's no way you're being serious

Forget the issue of being subjective...there is no possible way anyone seriously rates Extraction 2 as a 3/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drizzle0007(m): 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
kkins25:
extraction 2... 3/10..

I'm really interested in knowing the movies you rate 10/10.

Feels like I'm missing something.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
drizzle0007:

I'm really interested in knowing the movies you rate 10/10.

Feels like I'm missing something.
🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 12:50am On Jul 03, 2023
kkins25:
extraction 2... 3/10..

You sure say na Extraction you watch, abi na Bolanle's Distraction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:07am On Jul 03, 2023
7.7 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 5:47am On Jul 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
this has to be bait right? grin

There's no way you're being serious

Forget the issue of being subjective...there is no possible way anyone seriously rates Extraction 2 as a 3/10

Nah because of that boy he rate am that way
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2023
Ishilove:
The Covenant:

Now this is a movie. I have just two thumbs so I can't give more than two thumbs up, but I'll add my two big toes. Fantastic!!

I had to Google the song at the end. Truth by Alex Ebert. One of the best I've heard in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGLyhPHfD9g

I thought I was the only one that found really likes that song. I have been jamming it in the car ever since I saw the movie. I might have overplayed it though but the whistle never fades

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 6:41am On Jul 03, 2023
Soon we will all be required to provide a report of mental health fitness alongside our movie reviews.

Extraction 2...... 3/10 in what universe?!

The prison fight scene alone is 5.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:47am On Jul 03, 2023
abduleez1:

I understand you.
Hehe, getting those specs for video editing isn't overkill oo, it's actually future proofing....
If you're editing (long) videos extensively, you'd see why having the best specs you can get is needed. The system begins to slow down and heats up even with 9th Gen Core i7 on a gaming laptop. It's cos of this reason I'm gunning for 10th gen. Make you see Predator dey slow down, fear go catch you.

I don't want to run into similar issues frequently cos when system begin lag all of sudden while editing, e dey tire me die. Like you said they all come at a premium.

Thanks bro.... I'd start comparing the systems I use at work and their individual spec sheet.

Here's an example of what I was talking about. This is definitely a great offer at that price and it kinda fits what you want. Just upgrade the HDD to SSD and you are good to go.

https://www.nairaland.com/7720062/480k-barely-used-laptop-asus

https://www.nairaland.com/7749632/uk-used-gigabyte-aero-15x

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (3921) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.