Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,449 members, 7,917,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:26 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (7270 Views)

Woman Was Married To Two Men At The Same Time In Lagos / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Rubyrose: 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
smiley
Re: . by papannamdi1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
You have a 100% of not havin an SS kid if you both decide not to have kids,
Oh I forgot to add, I am AA plus an additional smal 'a' , if you come with me, we can have as many AA kids as we desire grin

3 Likes

Re: . by Toktee(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
When i brought my result and that of my wife to whch was As-As,my pastor asked us"btw God and man whose report do you believed or can u believed"we chorus,GOD and today we are happily married,our first kid is doing well,if you don't want to complicate matters using ur hands,pls take this threat off nairaland else when you are thru reading all the coments that will come in,you will become a confused person.
Go with GOD.

2 Likes

Re: . by Rubyrose: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Toktee: When i brought my result and that of my wife to whch was As-As,my pastor asked us"btw God and man whose report do you believed or can u believed"we chorus,GOD and today we are happily married,our first kid is doing well,if you don't want to complicate matters using ur hands,pls take this threat off nairaland else when you are thru reading all the coments that will come in,you will become a confused person.
Go with GOD.

smiley
Re: . by Toktee(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Rubyrose:

I know there is nothing impossible for God and i still believe in Him and I have prayed about it,went back for test, it's still same. I don't just want to loose hope. Thanks for your kind words.

You don't give God dateline my dear,i got married nov 24 last year,have my first kid,it was after the last shiloh that my genotype changed,hope you don't blive me,better do

1 Like

Re: . by jumzzy448: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
my dear, i think you have to think twice about this. i guess you don't want to have kids with genotype ss. even your child will never forgive you for making him/her go through such pain. i'll advice you ask those who are ss to come tell you about their crisis. my advice is you both can decide not to have kids of your own and opt for adoption.
my 2 cent.

1 Like

Re: . by jumzzy448: 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
papa_nnamdi: You have a 100% of not havin an SS kid if you both decide not to have kids,
Oh I forgot to add, I am AA plus an additional smal 'a' , if you come with me, we can have as many AA kids as we desire grin
why joke with such sensitive issue.

1 Like

Re: . by baralatie(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
cry
this is gen type incompatibility.do either 1 of u understand the implication and the gravity of as & as getting mar.av u catered for a child wit ss b4.are u both willing to bear the consequences.pls reconsider.
Re: . by ireneidiva(f): 9:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
A lot of these threads are already here. Browse
Re: . by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
My dear, I know with God, all things are possible but then, there are things we have to handle on our own
I've heard stories of ppl who God changed their genotypes/blood groups 2ru prayers and I've seen frnds suffer/pray to God to take their lives
It's a good thing to be in love but then, y not think abt d future of ur unborn children

I pray the good Lord help you in whatever decision you make
Re: . by Rubyrose: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
baralatie: cry
this is gen type incompatibility.do either 1 of u understand the implication and the gravity of as & as getting mar.av u catered for a child wit ss b4.are u both willing to bear the consequences.pls reconsider.
smiley
Re: . by baralatie(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Rubyrose:
We understand the implication and we also know that the chances of having ss kids are slim if you plan having less kids and we only want 2 kids. Besides is there no test to check the genotype of a foetus in the womb?
u both are not seeing this thoroughly.let me explain at any given time:
aa=0.33probability
as=0.33probability
ss=0.33probability.at a given selection.

Now here is where it gets dangerous.i.ethe probability that out of 2 u Dont Av 'Ss'
1-0.66=0.36(this is not slim close to 40% )

+the prob of aving at least an 'Ss' plus anyoda=0.89(90% )

please for the child and luv.pls consider.
Re: . by Alwaystrue(f): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
@OP,
You need to genuinely ask God for direction and He will lead you. That is what I can advice.

Rubyrose:
Besides is there no test to check the genotype of a foetus in the womb?
What happens if the test reveals it is an SS?
Re: . by cantell(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Rubyrose: Good day Nairalanders,

Please i need your urgent advise concerning the issue of genotype in my relationship. I have this wonderful man I'm dating.
He's everything i ever wanted in a man though he's not from my tribe. Being happy with my partner is all that matters to me and nothing more, so the issue of tribe won't be a challenge to us.

So,we love each other very much but problem now is; we're the same genotype group, AS.
Both of us fully understand the disadvantages of AS getting married but I'm thinking and i know there should be a way out for us. Right? By the way, we only planned having two or three kids.

He refused to accept that fact that we're not medically compatible and we find it very difficult separating from each other. I mean, medical science should have a way of going through this problem. I can't imagine myself losing him and i don't want to have an SS kid either.

Please, is there anyone who has been in my shoes? How did you overcome it? What are my chances of not having a sickler?
I know there're medical personnel here, please i need your positive opinions too.
Better safe than sorry. For now, it's no big deal. But when the challenges come, you'll be the one to suffer most.
The burden of having a sickler is too much for a modern day couple to bear. It's never easy.
Call off the relationship and move on. In time you'll find a perfect match without the extra baggage.

1 Like

Re: . by figur: 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 25, 2013
Toktee: You don't give God dateline my dear,i got married nov 24 last year,have my first kid,it was after the last shiloh that my genotype changed,hope you don't blive me,better do

I'll believe you when you said there was an error in one of your genotype test
Re: . by stevebond007(m): 3:02am On Dec 25, 2013
I heard DT wen "AS" guys meet de romance is on a higher lvl. but pls consider d kids DT will Ve d SS genotype. Don't cause dem pain cos of ur love.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Rubyrose:
We understand the implication and we also know that the chances of having ss kids are slim if you plan having less kids and we only want 2 kids. Besides is there no test to check the genotype of a foetus in the womb?

I think there is, but does it mean you'll terminate the pregnancy if the genotype is SS? How many times do you intend to do that?

You opened this thread because one part of you wants to call off the relationship, please do because when the problems that come with having a sickle cell child creeps in, that love go hear am. The average life expectancy for an SS individual is a lot lower than average. I lost most of my sickler friends when they where in secondary school, and a few more in the University, during one of their various crises.

I wish I was on a pc now so I can give u an epistle on the sickle cell 'wahala'.

Save yourself the stress.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 25, 2013
stevebond007: I heard DT wen "AS" guys meet de romance is on a higher lvl. but pls consider d kids DT will Ve d SS genotype. Don't cause dem pain cos of ur love.

Na Indian film?
Re: . by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 25, 2013
Toktee: When i brought my result and that of my wife to whch was As-As,my pastor asked us"btw God and man whose report do you believed or can u believed"we chorus,GOD and today we are happily married,our first kid is doing well,if you don't want to complicate matters using ur hands,pls take this threat off nairaland else when you are thru reading all the coments that will come in,you will become a confused person.
Go with GOD.

I can believe God directed her to create this thread and she will get the answer she seeks.

The Lord works in mysterious ways you know cool

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: . by glimpse(f): 4:50am On Dec 25, 2013
swthrt,if you know you have the measure of faith that will make you not to have SS kids,then safe journey.
As for me o,i will take a walk and not look back. My friends aunt,has 3 kids,2 of them are SS,she is a pharmacist,her husband aint working, she runs the home with her pay. CRISIS IS NOT BEANS.
And if you don't have that faith,when crisis start,mehn...that unbreakable love you think you have now,would be really sour o,and that is if he doesnt abandon you.
PS: i am AS,when i wanted to start dating,my 1st question to him was..are you AA?.
My 2kobo.

1 Like

Re: . by Nutase: 5:59am On Dec 25, 2013
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 5:59am On Dec 25, 2013
Where is Abali1?

Your urgent attention in needed here!

@op, why did you wait for your love to grow this long before befre checking your genotype compatibility? Romantic love is gradual, before it grows to something difficult to break, you should have considered your blood genotype.
I am also AS by genotype, during my single days, i wouldn't even give any guy the chance of "toasting" without asking about his genotype.

My advice............you might or might not be lucky, and i wouldn't want you to place your marriage/family on egg shell.
Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2013
Rubyrose: Good day Nairalanders,

Please i need your urgent advise concerning the issue of genotype in my relationship. I have this wonderful man I'm dating.
He's everything i ever wanted in a man though he's not from my tribe. Being happy with my partner is all that matters to me and nothing more, so the issue of tribe won't be a challenge to us.

So,we love each other very much but problem now is; we're the same genotype group, AS.
Both of us fully understand the disadvantages of AS getting married but I'm thinking and i know there should be a way out for us. Right? By the way, we only planned having two or three kids.

He refused to accept that fact that we're not medically compatible and we find it very difficult separating from each other. I mean, medical science should have a way of going through this problem. I can't imagine myself losing him and i don't want to have an SS kid either.

Please, is there anyone who has been in my shoes? How did you overcome it? What are my chances of not having a sickler?
I know there're medical personnel here, please i need your positive opinions too.

Don't marry that man
You need someone to tell you the hard truth
Chances are that you will have much weeping and gnashing of teeth should you decide to have babies
I will be very blunt
Have you seen kids with SS
Why would you want to put a child through that?
It will be selfishness on your part to know the high chances of producing a kid that will suffer and die before the age of 40( for the lucky ones) yet you go ahead and do it because you are in love
Love gbaa kwa oku
Think about your kids
They could have SS and suffer
Whatever you earn wasted in hospitals
Your time spent sleeping on the hospital floor
Go and find a mother with some SS child or children and ask her what she is going through,observe the kids when sick ,your faith is not bigger than their own
God gave you common sense and expects you to use it

A school mate of mine fell in love and the last time I heard about her,they were in PH with 2 or 3 SS kids
Yes they are Christians
My friend died a few years ago,she was also a Christian

Put those children first and use your head not your heart or else you will one day remember my words and it may be too late
The worst thing for a mother to do is to bury their child,it is even more painful when you knew the repercussions and went ahead with it.
If you insist on marrying that man,don't get pregnant,go and adopt children

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 25, 2013
cantell:
Better safe than sorry. For now, it's no big deal. But when the challenges come, you'll be the one to suffer most.
The burden of having a sickler is too much for a modern day couple to bear. It's never easy.
Call off the relationship and move on. In time you'll find a perfect match without the extra baggage.

Even that loving man she is now seeing will easily abandon her and that sick child in the hospital and find another wife to give him healthy babies and heirs
No be man we dey talk?
Let her continue shouting love love
The burden of that sickler child will rest on her ,the mother 80%
Eye go clear am

3 Likes

Re: . by Abali1(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2013
Rubyrose:
I never wanted to reply untill I read this. In another thread, someone is already accusing those of us are against AS/AS marital union of playing God. (Well, Only God knows my heart).
@OP
You have 25% chance of having SS child for every pregnancy.
Goodluck Ma.
Re: . by samtol4(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2013
Quite interesting and mind blowing topic.faith vs reality ! By God grace am a strong believer believe God can do all things however my sister did God told u to marry dis man ? Or u are just having d feeling is the mr perfect ?if u don't marry him does it mean u will never see a gud husband ? Marriage is a life contract ! If it is God leading u to marry him he will back u up but if it is yrfeeling abeg withdraw because d future is greater than today !
Re: . by samtol4(m): 8:17am On Dec 25, 2013
Single ladies and single guys ! Before u begin to sing d love poem find out if she is as or ss so dat u don't chew what will not digest
Re: . by Abali1(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2013
greatgod2012: Where is Abali1?

Your urgent attention in needed here!

Some people say that we are challenging God. I think its high time people educate themselves either by learning from others experiences or they are allowed to experience it themselves.
Re: . by dominique(f): 8:26am On Dec 25, 2013
baralatie:
u both are not seeing this thoroughly.let me explain at any given time:
aa=0.33probability
as=0.33probability
ss=0.33probability.at a given selection.

Now here is where it gets dangerous.i.ethe probability that out of 2 u Dont Av 'Ss'
1-0.66=0.36(this is not slim close to 40% )

+the prob of aving at least an 'Ss' plus anyoda=0.89(90% )

please for the child and luv.pls consider.

Omg! SS plus any other? Where on earth did you get these figures from. Pls don't mislead others. if you don't have anything meaningful to say, no be by force to comment.

Op with your current situation, the propability of having SS kids is 0.25%, AS 0.5%, AA 0.25%. Means at least one out of four kids will be SS. Could as well be your first. If you and your fiancé willing to spend the bulk of your married lives taking care of a sick child and watching your child suffer, you have my blessings.
Re: . by NosoChic: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2013
I was in same situation and decided to end the relationship for the sake of the unborn children. You can choose to revert to medical procedures for help, but this will involve some abortion in the event the unborn foetus is discovered to be SS.I couldn't bear the thought of doing that.

We need to stop playing GOD. Remember God, gave us all brains so we can think.

I have lost a couple of friends and family, who were fire-brand believers with so much faith who still died, the most profound was the loss of a friend in University. She was supposed to be the best graduating student.

If in the end, you choose to go ahead in faith, and you happen to still have an SS child, believe me this doesn't reduce who GOD is-He is still the ALPHA and OMEGA.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2013
this topic has been raised several times,why do people like playing God...we are higher animal cos God gave us brain to make right decision,why go into something you obviously aware of the consequences...when pains,and stress come,love will vanish..never hunt what you cant kill...
do the right thing.my fiancee is AA,the only edge she has over my numerous dates is her genotype,beauty wise,character,and intelligence,i have had better dates,but they were all AS. Cant risk my future at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SAD! Pears Baby Lotion Reigning Queen Somkeme Chukwuka Eze Dies At 2 / Postpartum Depression: What You Need To Know / Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.