Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,864 members, 7,962,824 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters (35255 Views)

Real Reason Why President Muhammadu Buhari May Not Complete His Tenure. / Akpabio Denies Turning Government House To ‘sex Haven’ During His Tenure / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by omotaio: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
ajani1978: If is true Jonathan too will be sacked before his tenure end in 2015
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by loswhite(m): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2013
Mcbussy: i see alot of pple here dat are most likely below average saying Sanusi dis,Lamido dat...do u even have an idea how much $10 billion is worth?!imagine pple stealing dat much despite all d irregularities and condition of dis country,yet u feel he deserves to be punished...i pity for d youths and future of dis nation.

sum1 puts his name and even security @ stake for us to know how much we're being cheated and we're still here criticising him....smh
imagine us loosing 10billion dols and the president traveled to china to borrow less....smh

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 29, 2013
eraly:

Hw cn a whole CBN Governor nt knw wat he is writing/saying?

N wat makes u tink he wsn't pressurized to change d figure.

Bro, dis is Nigeria o

if he was pressurized to change his mind that's even worse

he has no integrity then if he can be so influenced!
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by porka: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2013
Sanusi should have tendered his resignation letter since early December.

He's a disgrace already.

Playing with figures by any central bank governor is gross incompetence.

Central bank governors are custodians of monetary policies. Monetary policies rest of accurate figures.

How does anyone believe what Sanusi says between now and March, when he can come back and say it's not true?

He should leave immediately.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by porka: 7:20am On Dec 29, 2013
SHAAWA: Nigerians or rather Sahara reporters I hail thee!
For those who do not know, it is a Government policy that every civil
servant must embark on a pre-retiremen leave 3 months before the expiration of his tenure.

It has nothing with what Sanusi did or did not do. As it is now, we are eargerly waiting for January for our boss to start his.

You tried, but the CBN governor's appointment is tenured.

CBN governor is appointed by the president subject to confirmation by the senate.

He/She is appointed for a 5 year 1st term, renewable for another 5 year 2nd and final term as the case maybe.

He/She can exit at 1) expiration of the 5 year single (or double) term 2) resignation 3) removal etc.

Your "boss" exit/tenure expiration is not the same as your own retirement.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by jemkob: 7:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Soldier go soldier come
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2013
eraly:

So 50/12billion $ shuld jus disappear like dat? Tax payers money o

No 1da we ar where we ar.

My broda, I'm on same page with you on public officials accounting for our Commonwealth entrusted to their care.
The problem is rather than these people doing the job they are paid for and pampered with unbelievable perks of public office they are still hungry for more. And in their insatiable quest for more, will not hesitate to hanker to populist sentiments to further their ambition.

And in any case, who said $49 billion is missing? The man who made that claim has within a space of few weeks reduced it to $12b after being educated by another colleague in the same govt. That is 75% error in calculation with all the senior officers and experts at CBN under his control!!! Can you trust a subordinate or the Chief Financial Officer of an organisation to commit such blunder? Either the man is grossly incompetent or he deliberately cooked the figures to achieve his political objectives.

If $37b was not "missing", how are we sure $12b is "missing"? Strictly, the word "missing" is the political spin APC opposition in national assembly labelled it. Sanusi called it "discrepancy" in the books. But he is too politically blinkered or too lazy to sit down and reconcile the numbers, except Okonjo does it for him.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2013
mikeansy:

if he was pressurized to change his mind that's even worse

he has no integrity then if he can be so influenced!

He was pressurized to change the number from $49b to $12b abi? Is a "missing" $12b any better than $49b? Even if he reduced it to $1b = N160b, is that any better?

If you were to pressurise someone to change the figures won't you change from $49b to zero? Or ask for a recant all together? My brother, think!
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Sidomi: 10:49am On Dec 29, 2013
cute-boy:

And what evidence do you have of GEJ being personally corrupt? Do yoy know of mansions, cars, businesses he has acquired while in office. We know of Abacha loot, foreign accounts, mansions, etc. We know of IBB's N200m Minna hilltop mansion, watch factory in Switzerland, various businesses operated by surrogates when he was head of state. We know of OBJ's massive acquisition of shares in blue chip companies during the indigenization process during his 1st outing as military head of state. Confirm details in Chief Asiodu's memoirs. We know of the scandals around the corrupt channelling of funds to build Obasanjo library and Bells University during his 2nd outing as civilian President. So tell us what evidence of curroption do you have against GEJ?

If you claim Diezani has stolen billion s of dollars, where and which banks exactly are they keeping the money? In these days of extremely tight financial tracking by America due controls on terrorism and drug money, it is near impossible for anybody (or non governmental entity) to accumulate such huge amounts without attracting attention.

Poor bookkeeping and accounting of national receipts and expenditure by CBN, finance ministry, FIRS, NCS, NNPC, is a chronic historical problem which those agencies should get together, resolve and plug the leakage if any is detected. It is their primary role. Perceivd discrepancies in expected national receipts does not translate to increased bank balances of the president. Let's apply some reasoning before we make outlandish assertions.
*** GEJ is corrupt. Do u knw dat all proceeds of illegal bunkering passes tru Tom Polo to GEJ and PEJ? Do u knw dat he wants to buy d refinery via proxy? Do u knw dat Asari Dokubo is one of his major money Launder? So many I dnt want to say. Abi na d aides or associates wey dey waste our funds? GEJ is a mistake.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by extension: 11:00am On Dec 29, 2013
Impeach Jonathan and this country will never be same.Lets see that messiah that will take over from him. No joking, impeach him and GEJ will be Nigeria last president. David mark is a smart person and he willl never allow that.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2013
Dave50:

So in orderwords you are saying corruption should only be exposed based on motives right?
We all want nigeria to be a better place yet when fraud is exposed, instead us getting interested in knowing if the reports are accurate we go about crucifying the whistle blower.

Now tell me with this kind of attitude we have do we expect well meaning nigerians to expose corrupt practices in the future?

That fact that his so called expose is inaccurate is the reason many people are having problem believing it. A claim he raised in Sept, and was addressed to his satisfaction, why raise it again in December publicly? Besides, the motive is wrong. This particular whistle blower is a fake one.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2013
Sidomi: *** GEJ is corrupt. Do u knw dat all proceeds of illegal bunkering passes tru Tom Polo to GEJ and PEJ? Do u knw dat he wants to buy d refinery via proxy? Do u knw dat Asari Dokubo is one of his major money Launder? So many I dnt want to say. Abi na d aides or associates wey dey waste our funds? GEJ is a mistake.

Just like he used proxies like former head of state Abdulsalami Abubakar to buy up PHCN successor companies recently successfully privatised in a very transparent and rigorous manner to the acclaim of even GEJ worst critics? My brother open your eyes and mind?

And what shred of evidence do you have to support these wild bar room allegations?
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by DisGuy: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2013
Sidomi: *** GEJ is corrupt. Do u knw dat all proceeds of illegal bunkering passes tru Tom Polo to GEJ and PEJ? Do u knw dat he wants to buy d refinery via proxy? Do u knw dat Asari Dokubo is one of his major money Launder? So many I dnt want to say. Abi na d aides or associates wey dey waste our funds? GEJ is a mistake.

As long as he's not personally/directly enriching himself, then you cant call him corrupt! In fact you can be the president of the most corrupt nation without being corrupt cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by callmenow: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Where is the evidence/source for this outrageous claims. You sound like a semi-trained polecat. This is 2014 (minus 2 days). Get real. Do you know this? Do you know that? Yet no shred of evidence. Your pusillanimity disgrace your tribe and your family with no iota intelligence.

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by callmenow: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ill educated product of a failed society. You all know what? Source? Dr Okonjo Iweala is head, shoulders, torso and limbs ahead of you in this life and the worlds to come. The likes of you who are bestial and disrespectful must only be seen but not heard. Go to nearest latrine and lock the door and sleep there. That is your level.

koboko69:

Sharrap there!

12 billion $ is still unaccounted for. We all knw sanusi was forcrd to even reduce the figure to that amount. Mr president's enemies live and eat with him. They leaked the letter in the 1st place. The corruption infested woman okonjo still had no shame to be arguing with reps that its 10 billion $ and not 12. We are not talking about naira here you know....what a facked up government. Madam bullet proof is till in his cabinet too, he's looking for a way to remove the CBN governor despirately.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cnsprince(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
$50 billion (or #8 trillion) represents about 3-year national budget of the country. I wonder how SLS came about the figure originally, except it was calculated to embarrass GEJ and promote the ACF & NEF agenda.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Longeria(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
eraly:

So 50/12billion $ shuld jus disappear like dat? Tax payers money o

No 1da we ar where we ar.
YOU DEY PAY TAX?
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Longeria(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
david290: Am not hear 2 trade words with anybody so please avoid quoting me.D presidency can sack sanusi 4 telling Nigerians what they deserve 2 know but i know they cant sack God when he comes 2 our rescue.This was how Nnaji was forcefully made 2 resign,the Ncc chairman i suppose and now sanusi.Am not suprised,i knew things like this will happen,but this is d least i expected,top govt functionaries like azazi will soon start to die 4 daring to say d truth that could void 2015 golden dream.
Sharaaaaaaap, sanusi is being sacked for deceiving the whole nation, for God sake, if Governor of the Central bank of Nigeria can not do simple calculation, then we're finished.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Baron75: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2013
koboko69:

Sharrap there!

12 billion $ is still unaccounted for. We all knw sanusi was forcrd to even reduce the figure to that amount. Mr president's enemies live and eat with him. They leaked the letter in the 1st place. The corruption infested woman okonjo still had no shame to be arguing with reps that its 10 billion $ and not 12. We are not talking about naira here you know....what a facked up government. Madam bullet proof is till in his cabinet too, he's looking for a way to remove the CBN governor despirately.
Yes, because from the onset, CBN Gov Sanusi made a point of duty to bring GEJ down maliciously. Firstly, when GEJ made him the most influential and the most trusted govt official, he led him into the subsidy rubbish that cracked the reputation of GeJ's govt. After that, he wanted to lead him into printing N5,000 notes, he tried to convince GEJ to sack 50% of Federal workers, scrap some states and LGs. I know I made a comment on fb, asking Sanusi if a northerner were to be the president, would he give him similar policy advice. When these negative policies didn't work out, he published on news papers that " Jonathan's aids are owing Nigeria N1.3tr." after that, he introduced cashless policy when there's no facilities for its operations, and later withdrew money in circulation in the economy. All these are just to force hardship on the masses so that they can revolt against GEJ's govt. But when they were not working out, he went into alliance with APC and started writing open letters or rather leaking his private letter to the press just to ridicule and embarrass GEJ. I was a bit disappointed with GEJ because he did not read Sanusi's compass earlier. If I were GEj, I would have detected his motive earlier and there were many reasons to sack him based on corruption. Afterall his profligacy and squandermania were discovered but GEJ was being patient with him. Actually, I do not support corruption. Petroleum minister and any other officials involved in corruption should be investigated and punished. I'm much concerned abt Sanusi because his is with malice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo / A Northerner Opens Free Car Wash In Support Of Peter Obi In Bauchi State. Photos / Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.