Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,091 members, 7,960,468 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? - Satellite TV Technology (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? (355270 Views)

Is There Anything Special About The Q-SAT Decoder? / Q-sat HD Decoder Aka Queen Hd / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (132) (Go Down)

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Emma, that's not true here o. Only MTN works. Etisalat which seems to be the best is dead. I'm using MTN with WIFI modem now
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by ZeusAyo: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: Emma, that's not true here o. Only MTN works. Etisalat which seems to be the best is dead. I'm using MTN with WIFI modem now
how do you use wifi with the box I have hotspot on my phone
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by sgbola1: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
so it's only MTN that is working now Abi? it is well oooo.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: Emma, that's not true here o. Only MTN works. Etisalat which seems to be the best is dead. I'm using MTN with WIFI modem now
Your answer is not clear. All network work with wifi or are you referring to the Data plan?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
sol2sol2:
@
Emma, pls i have tried this but not working. pls can u put me tru?
Then use mtn or etisalat which are not apn specific. I see some people even changing country to Egypt. It looks very funny and it still works for them.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
None of my hd chanels is showin....same evrywhere?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jujukemist(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
My Qsat code 58 q13g is blazing with Glo and its not APN specific as some one said. Just make sure you have all the sim with at least 15 to 50mb in each. keep changing and wait at CNN for up ward of 5mins each. after "connection success"
We do not have the patience to understand that this is a cheaper route hence we should be calm. Use startimes, nilesat and viewing centres as backup. Its still cheaper that 12k a month.

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by ambyzown(m): 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Then use mtn or etisalat which are not apn specific. I see some people even changing country to Egypt. It looks very funny and it still works for them.

I have a WiFi router and a Q23g decoder. Can I use the WiFi router instead of a SIM or 3G modem inserted into the machine? If yes, what's the procedure? Thanks in anticipation of ur kind response.

2 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
ambyzown:

I have a WiFi router and a Q23g decoder. Can I use the WiFi router instead of a SIM or 3G modem inserted into the machine? If yes, what's the procedure? Thanks in anticipation of ur kind response.

You need a wifi adapter on the decoder if you want to use wifi to connect. or you could use your lan cable to connect if you dont have a wifi adapter. Dont know which method you want to use.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by abmuzo: 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
jujukemist: My Qsat code 58 q13g is blazing with Glo and its not APN specific as some one said. Just make sure you have all the sim with at least 15 to 50mb in each. keep changing and wait at CNN for up ward of 5mins each. after "connection success"
We do not have the patience to understand that this is a cheaper route hence we should be calm. Use startimes, nilesat and viewing centres as backup. Its still cheaper that 12k a month.

Plenty gbosa for you! You are one of the few that made sense all day. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Your answer is not clear. All network work with wifi or are you referring to the Data plan?
that all networks would work with modem, without adjusting the Apn. I'm talking from experience. Right now, 8:32pm, I'm watching through Wifi hotspot phone to Dlink MTN
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
abmuzo:

Plenty gbosa for you! You are one of the few that made sense all day. Thanks
lwkmd. Na wa. How come someone with just 3 minutes online know how someone made sense all day? People get time dey double register
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Noah13: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
chosenmopol: bro what code are you using coz mine is 44... and it aint even connecting to server.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
is etisalat working? As in at the moment
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: that all networks would work with modem, without adjusting the Apn. I'm talking from experience. Right now, 8:32pm, I'm watching through Wifi hitspot phone to Dlink MTN
Ok. I now get you. Any network on the phone will still work on the wifi adapter without the need to change anything on the decoder. What I mean is this
If you use etisalat or mtn or glo, etc for your wifi hotspot, it will still use the same settings on the decoder as long as your apn on your phone is correct especially for glo and airtel.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Noah13: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
As of now, i don't understand anything anymore...
Freezing don start again and the worst part is i can't tell if it's a server problem or my network connection.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: is etisalat working? As in at the moment
Yes. I am currently using etisalat on my 3g modem and glo BB wifi hotspot through my android phone
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Noah13: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that every ss channel showing the german super cup game went off
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: that all networks would work with modem, without adjusting the Apn. I'm talking from experience. Right now, 8:32pm, I'm watching through Wifi hotspot phone to Dlink MTN
For all network to work with modem, the apn must be created on the decoder. That is what I mean. I use any network I want on my modem. If you have any problem with any network, let me know.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by docbindl(m): 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Can anyone be of help to me?
My modem that was previously working with my q11 has suddenly stopped. However my gprs slot is still functional.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Ok. I now get you. Any network on the phone will still work on the wifi adapter without the need to change anything on the decoder. What I mean is this
If you use etisalat or mtn or glo, etc for your wifi hotspot, it will still use the same settings on the decoder as long as your apn on your phone is correct especially for glo and airtel.
let's get some things right. The phone's APN needs not to be touched on any network. For instance on Android, once you insert you Sim in a dual Sim enabled phone, it automatically gets the APN, without manual configuration. This is why we can browse on our phones with any network.
Now if you use WiFi hotspot from the phone (sim1 or 2) it will automatically connect to another WiFi enabled device once you have the password.

For modem s like huawei, they automatically connects with any of the 4 gsm Sims, once you insert either Sim, you're good to go. I have never ever touched my APN before on any network. Dlink or huawei connects here straight away. Some modems will require APN change though

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
For all network to work with modem, the apn must be created on the decoder. That is what I mean. I use any network I want on my modem. If you have any problem with any network, let me know.
Just as I posited above, I have never touched my decoder APN. Its plug and play. Insert Glo, Airtel, Mtn or etisalat into the 3g modem, plug to the back of Qsat, select 3g configuration and you'll see network connection success, without doing anything else. That's what's happening here though. It may be different elsewhere. On speed HD or queen, I have never touched the Apn

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Mackie1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Originakalokalo: None of my hd chanels is showin....same evrywhere?
newbie alert. when I dey watch cctv he's complaining of hd

4 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
davodyguy: Just as I posited above, I have never touched my decoder APN. Its plug and play. Insert Glo, Airtel, Mtn or etisalat into the 3g modem, plug to the back of Qsat, select 3g configuration and you'll see network connection success, without doing anything else. That's what's happening here though. It may be different elsewhere. On speed HD or queen, I have never touched the Apn
You mean if you put airtel for example in your 3g modem, it works?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by ambyzown(m): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

You need a wifi adapter on the decoder if you want to use wifi to connect. or you could use your lan cable to connect if you dont have a wifi adapter. Dont know which method you want to use.

I would rather use a WiFi adapter and a WiFi connection.
Is this what you mean?

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
You mean if you put airtel for example in your 3g modem, it works?
yes. The e303 modem supports all networks without adjusting anything.

2 Likes

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by qtechomo(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
Notin is working now
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by secuma: 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
only Airtel network is connecting ,mtn Etisalat not working so if u are using any other apart from Airtel ,it might not work. my observation.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Malix: 6:29am On Aug 14, 2014
davodyguy: Just as I posited above, I have never touched my decoder APN. Its plug and play. Insert Glo, Airtel, Mtn or etisalat into the 3g modem, plug to the back of Qsat, select 3g configuration and you'll see network connection success, without doing anything else. That's what's happening here though. It may be different elsewhere. On speed HD or queen, I have never touched the Apn
U r very correct sir!

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Koolmexxi(m): 6:32am On Aug 14, 2014
secuma: only Airtel network is connecting ,mtn Etisalat not working so if u are using any other apart from Airtel ,it might not work. my observation.
I'm using Glo and d queen's loving it...

1 Like

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Malix: 6:33am On Aug 14, 2014
secuma: only Airtel network is connecting ,mtn Etisalat not working so if u are using any other apart from Airtel ,it might not work. my observation.
No sir!,.maybe for now airtel is the strongest network at ur end that's why only airtel is workin now
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2014
ambyzown:

I would rather use a WiFi adapter and a WiFi connection.
Is this what you mean?
Is qsat recognising your device? If it's recognising it, just go to Ethernet configurations and click on the name of your Wi-Fi and let it tick Green. In some instance, you have to exit and restart your device.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (132)

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.