Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,991 members, 7,963,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27601 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by omobachi(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2008
@ idupaul
what i meant was that its only nigerians that can fix nigeria, some folks made me to join this thread with the way the kept hailing abroad and condemning nigeria when they are also part of the wahala.

Thank you, as if nigerians home and abroad are not thesame people, we are all the cause of our wahala, as soon as the americana plane land for naija airport after 20yrs of been away, he go put off the yanki cloth, wear the naija corruption dress, he never reach house he don dey throw gala wrapper thru the car window into the lagos street, the thing wey he no fit do for abroad. we all need a total re orientation, not criticism.

Those nigerian professionals  abroad that wont come home, its ok that is your choice, but to let you know there is many many more from where you come from, the source can never go dry, but the river that forget its source will automatically go dry. THANK YOU.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 12:34am On Aug 23, 2008
omobachi:

Thank you, as if nigerians home and abroad are not thesame people, we are all the cause of our wahala, as soon as the americana plane land for naija airport after 20yrs of been away, he go put off the yanki cloth, wear the naija corruption dress, he never reach house he don dey throw gala wrapper through the car window into the lagos street, the thing wey he no fit do for abroad. we all need a total re orientation, not criticism.

@ bolded: TRUE TALK.

Seriously, forget all these ones postulating and grandstanding here. As soon as they land in naija, they start acting like they never even travelled out in the first place.  These are things I've seen with my own eyes. Except for the certificates and their constant talk about how they went overseas, you would never know they've ever been out of the country.

Its amazing. The kids who were actually born abroad will still show some element of sophistication in various ways, but not so for all others oh. undecided

This returning to their grassroots must be what most people are so afraid of which makes them talk anyhow as if they never lived in naija before being given visa.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by oYaTo(m): 1:43am On Aug 23, 2008
The security situation has to be dealt with first.

No one's going to return home to insecurity.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by IykeD1(m): 2:10am On Aug 23, 2008

This returning to their grassroots must be what most people are so afraid of which makes them talk anyhow as if they never
lived in naija before being given visa.

So having being given visas and gotten the opportunity to know that there is something "better" out there, must we now close
our eyes and return blindly to the grassroots where all you have left are just grasses with no roots? Must we now pretend that
the security situation is just like in any other place or not bad at all? Must we just pretend that the roads are just as nice as the
ones that we have someone gotten used to abroad? Must we just ignore the fact there is a self imposed curfew after 6 or 7pm in
most of the cities and just say thats just how it is abroad too? Must we just pretend and hail the "visionary" leadership that the
country has been bestowed with?

Fashola needs to do his home work first. People will return when they feel conditions are right or at least beginning to have some
semblance of being right. Fact is there are people living in Nigeria today who answered the calls to return to Nigeria in the 70s and
80s. A large number of them regret making that decision. That is just what it is.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Aug 23, 2008
Iyke-D:

So having being given visas and gotten the opportunity to know that there is something "better" out there, must we now close
our eyes and return blindly to the grassroots where all you have left are just grasses with no roots? Must we now pretend that
the security situation is just like in any other place or not bad at all?
Must we just pretend that the roads are just as nice as the
ones that we have someone gotten used to abroad?
Must we just ignore the fact there is a self imposed curfew after 6 or 7pm in
most of the cities and just say thats just how it is abroad too?
Must we just pretend and hail the "visionary" leadership that the

Fashola needs to do his home work first. People will return when they feel conditions are right or at least beginning to have some
semblance of being right. Fact is there are people living in Nigeria today who answered the calls to return to Nigeria in the 70s and
80s. A large number of them regret making that decision. That is just what it is.

Exactly!!!

My Father happens to be one of those who answered the call back in the 80s and He move back out of the country in the late 90's when he realized things were not getting better but worse and there was really little he could do about it if government was not willing. It is simply amazing watching these conceited beings assume they decide who is right or wrong based on personal bias. Ridiculous!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 3:54am On Aug 23, 2008
na wa. undecided

Now every single nairalander's parents "went back to Nigeria" in the 80s and returned to the US due to the hardship of naija life.

hmmmmmmm

Na every single Nairalander's parents oh. undecided

even me sef- my papa went back to Nigeria in the 80s but couldnt stay through the 90s due to the constant bad belle and the same things other people's parents experienced that didnt allow them to stay. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 4:01am On Aug 23, 2008
Iyke-D:

the security situation is just like in any other place or not bad at all? Must we just pretend that the roads are just as nice as the
ones that we have someone gotten used to abroad? Must we just ignore the fact there is a self imposed curfew after 6 or 7pm in
most of the cities and just say thats just how it is abroad too? Must we just pretend and hail the "visionary" leadership that the

I doubt Fashola's call was meant for you.

In any case, which area are you referring to, where there's a 7:00 curfew and permanently bad roads? Your own area?

The 140 million Nigerians left in the country- how are they surviving prior to being granted visa? If all of them come to join you wherever you are, wont the place also become Nigeria overnight due to overcrowding? However, you sound like a generous person- I'm sure you wont mind if millions more Nigerians arrive at the town where you reside, since they also need to escape Nigeria just like you did.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by IykeD1(m): 4:51am On Aug 23, 2008

I doubt Fashola's call was meant for you.

In any case, which area are you referring to, where there's a 7:00 curfew and permanently bad roads? Your own area?

The 140 million Nigerians left in the country- how are they surviving prior to being granted visa? If all of them come to join you wherever you are, wont the place also become Nigeria overnight due to overcrowding? However, you sound like a generous person- I'm sure you wont mind if millions more Nigerians arrive at the town where you reside, since they also need to escape Nigeria just like you did.

You are very correct about Fashola's call not being meant for me.

Its clear you missed most of my points. If you think it is not a biggie for someone abroad to not only uproot
themselves but their kids most of whom were born abroad over to Nigeria because Fashola said so regardless
of the fact that the situation on the ground is nightmarish, good luck on that. Is it doable? Of course it is. Is
it desirable? I think the answer is NO, which is why people will stay put wherever they are.

I had a close friend that was here on vacation from Nigeria and when he was flying back, his greatest concern
was how to get from the airport to his home in Lekki safely. I mean this guy just took a trip from Nigeria to
London and finally to the US, and was about to embark on the return leg of the journey after being away for
two weeks in a foreign land and his greatest worry was the few miles journey to his house in his homeland?
I guess I am supposed to pretend I didn't hear that.

In as much as the bulk of Nigerians living in Nigeria will remain there, the bulk of those in the diaspora will
also remain until they gain reasonable assurance that their return will not be an exercise in futility or a total
disaster.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 5:52am On Aug 23, 2008
Iyke-D:

Its clear you missed most of my points. If you think it is not a biggie for someone abroad to not only uproot
themselves but their kids most of whom were born abroad over to Nigeria because Fashola said so regardless
of the fact that the situation on the ground is nightmarish, good luck on that. Is it doable? Of course it is. Is
it desirable? I think the answer is NO, which is why people will stay put wherever they are.

I had a close friend that was here on vacation from Nigeria and when he was flying back, his greatest concern
was how to get from the airport to his home in Lekki safely. I mean this guy just took a trip from Nigeria to
London and finally to the US, and was about to embark on the return leg of the journey after being away for
two weeks in a foreign land and his greatest worry was the few miles journey to his house in his homeland?

In as much as the bulk of Nigerians living in Nigeria will remain there, the bulk of those in the diaspora will
also remain until they gain reasonable assurance that their return will not be an exercise in futility or a total
disaster.

Kindly follow my posts on this thread.

I said I DO NOT SUPPORT NIGERIANS ABROAD RETURNING HOME.

I must have repeated this statement at least three or four times now?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by TheSly: 5:58am On Aug 23, 2008
We need you to come home. I make a passionate appeal to all Nigerians, wherever they are, to begin to find their way back home, let us build up our country.”
I wonder why you lot have to sweat over this
He didn't force none of y'all to return. . . . .No one cares if you lots do return or rot in the west.
Gosh!. . . . . .As if they are the solution to the problems on ground. undecided
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:04am On Aug 23, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Exactly!!!

My Father happens to be one of those who answered the call back in the 80s and He move back out of the country in the late 90's when he realized things were not getting better but worse and there was really little he could do about it if government was not willing. It is simply amazing watching these conceited beings assume they decide who is right or wrong based on personal bias. Ridiculous!!

YOUR FATHER PROBABLY DIDNT DO SOMETHING RIGHT - WHAT ABOUT OTHERS WHO RETURNED AND MADE SOMETHING GREAT OUT OF THEIR RETURN - YOUR FATHER'S CASE IS NOT ENOUGH PROOF THAT IT IS A MISTAKE TO COME BACK HOME.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:06am On Aug 23, 2008
wHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON IN THE MIND OF THESE DIASPORIAN PEOPLE -

FASHOLA'S CALL FOR YOU TO COME HOME IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD - COME HOME AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO - HOW YOU CAN TAP INTO THE GROWING ECONOMY - OR YOU WANT TO STAY WHERE YOU ARE - IN YOUR SO CALLED COMFORMT ZONE - THEN STAY THERE - ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD - NOONE IS SAYING NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER WHEN YOU COME BACK HOME - DONT YOU GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2008
Iyke-D:

was how to get from the airport to his home in Lekki safely.  I mean this guy just took a trip from Nigeria to

disaster.

AS IF IT IS EVERYONE ITHAT GOES ABROAD AND COME HOME THAT HAVE THAT FEAR - HE KNOWS WHAT HE HAS DONE TO WARRANT THE FEAR IN HIS MIND - IF YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING - WHY PUT UNNECESSARY FEARS IN YOUR OWN MIND? I GO ABROAD AND COME BACK HOME EVERY THREE MONTHS - NOTHING HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME - PRAISE GOD FOR THAT - BUT TO NOW USE THE FEAR IN ONE PERSON'S UGLY MIND TO JUSTIFY THE RISK IN TRAVELLING TO NIGERIA IS JUST SIMPLY LAUGHABLE - VERY LAUGHBALE.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2008
oYaTo:

The security situation has to be dealt with first.

No one's going to return home to insecurity.

WHAT INSECURITY - WHICH COUNTRY IS SAFE?

HOW MANY YOUNG KIDS HAVE BEEN KILLED THIS YEAR IN THE UK ALONE - DO YOU KNOW ? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GETS KILLED ON A DAILY BASIS IN EUROPE - AND IN AMERICA? DO YOU KNOW SOUTH AFRICA HAS THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE - PROBABLY IN THE WORLD - YET - SOUTH AFRICANS DONT TALK THAT ABOUT THEIR COUNTRY - THEY ARE EVEN HOSTING THE WORLD CUP - IF IT IS IN NIGERIA - IT IS THE SAME NIGERIANS WHO WILL SHOUT THE HIGHEST AND SAY WE CANT HOST BECAUSE OF INSECURITY - SO - WHERE IS SAFE IN THIS WORLD?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2008
T@meD0:

I'm sure if to say you pronounce am correctly (BODMAS in this case) demm for know wetin u dey talk about.  Ya rationale behind things still dey make man pickin wonda about that ya Master degree sef.  I tire o--so much for Master degree o!    cheesy

I SEE - YOU PROBABLY HAVENT HEARD OF THE WORD "EXPONENT"

Go back to school or read here: http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.03/jessica1.html

1 Like

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2008
seyibrown:

@oyinye

E go better for you my sister.

THIS LEPASHANDI AND HER MADE IN EDINBURGH MASTERS DEGREE. It only goes to show that some people will never be able to reason properly even if them get phd. Lepashandi has somehow deliberately missed this post i made in response to her insults to people who she claims are 'burger flippers'.

I would still like to know what positive contribution Lepashandi has made to Nigerians around her.

@Lepashandi

SOMETHING TELLS ME YOU NEVER ACTUALLY GOT THAT 'MADE IN EDINBURGH DEGREE' and you were probably deported and embarrassed form the UK. That's an explanation for your anger towards Nigerians in Diaspora.

With all these posts - you ended up not saying anything meaningful - Miss Brown!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by bilymuse: 7:25am On Aug 23, 2008
Lepashandi
can see the problem is so big - can i ask a question - when was the last time you guys been home?

Well - noone will answer - the same disaporic nigerians are the ones doing credit card fraud - half are in jail in the UK - half are running around on fake papers - they are the one giving Nigeria a bad name - they can't live in Naija but the go outside naija and continue to spoil the name Naija - give them to me - i will fry their arses one by one -

Na devil go hammer that your mouth wey you dey take talk nonsense
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2008
bilymuse:

Lepashandi
Na devil go hammer that your mouth wey you dey take talk nonsense

if devil hammer my mouth - i wonder what he will do to yours - slap it, twist it - mathc on it and chew it up his throat so that you will never have one to talk with again - fool.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by bilymuse: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2008
[size=15pt]home is where you find peace[/size]
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by TPS360: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2008
fashola is ignorant, I know that the asians are going back home, but why? because nations like china and japan are developing really fast. china is the fastest growing economic in the world and they are competing with america in almost "everything",

lets ask ourselves, is nigeria really competing in the global market?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2008
TPS360:

fashola is ignorant,  I know that the asians are going back home, but why? because nations like china and japan are developing really fast. china is the fastest growing economic in the world and they are competing with america in almost "everything", 

lets ask ourselves, is nigeria really competing in the global market?     

Did China start in a day? Ask yourself - every Chinese man wants to identify with China - but no - every Nigerian man wants to dissociate himself from Nigeria - picks a funny foreign accent and talk rubbish about his/her country.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by CGKing(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2008
grin I laughed al day when i saw this thread, You guys are so funny.

"Come home! Come hooommmme, you who are weary come home.
Earnestly tenderly Fashola is calling, Calling all pros to come home"

Give him a chance now cheesy grin smiley
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by yetunde08: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2008
and get killed by armed robbers, or die of heat or accidentally get shot by a police stray bullet? pulizzzz!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2008
yetunde08:

and get killed by armed robbers, or die of heat or accidentally get shot by a police stray bullet? pulizzzz!

hmmm - no be there you grow up? see me see sense o - or na everyone wey dey live there they get shot on a daily basis?

I surprise o - someone even they mention heat - na wa o - no be the same abroad wey the people wey own d place they travel to places wey warmth dey? The abroad no be place wey person dey die of cold? Abi see me o -

Some even say malaria go catch them if them come back to Nigeria - no be abroad wey people dey die of common cold - flu??

I weak at these reasons and comparisons.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2008
16 die in Sagamu road accident
By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta
Published: Saturday, 23 Aug 2008
The Sagamu axis of the Sagamu-Benin Expressway on Friday witnessed another bloodbath as 16 people lost their lives in an auto crash involving a luxurious passengers bus and a fuel tanker.

About 20 other passengers in the bus, marked Lagos FX 102 LNG, also sustained serious injuries in the crash that occurred in the early hours of Friday. According to the Information Officer of the Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement, Mr. Wole Shokunbi, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Friday, the accident occurred when the fuel tanker, which was coming from the Lagos end of the expressway, drove against traffic.

He explained that the fuel tanker, which was fully loaded with Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as petrol, collided with the luxury bus which was heading for Lagos from Uyo. Our correspondent learnt that the tanker’s driver, a female passenger with him and the driver of the passenger bus died instantly while some of the passengers who sat near the rear of the bus sustained injuries.

However, the tanker, with registration number FX 724 ADC did not burst into flames.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Olu-Mike Olagunju, attributed the accident to “dangerous driving.” He said, “If the journey had been in daytime, the other bus would have seen the reckless tanker driver. That is why the FRSC keeps saying our people should avoid night travel. It is dangerous.”

Olagunju added that some of the dead would have been saved if they had received help after the accident, regretting that succour did not come owing to the time it happened. He said, “Most of them died as a result of pain. People could only help them in the morning; since the crash happened in the night. You can imagine the trauma for them to have lived with such terrible injuries till the morning; about seven hours later.”

The injured were said to have been rushed to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, where some of them were given medical attention and discharged. Although the tanker did not burst into flames, the Ogun State Fire Service was on hand for any eventuality.

The Corps Commander, TRACE, Elder Ayodele Sangofadeji, and the state Commissioner for Works, Mr. Adesegun Adekoya, also visited the scene of the accident and paid a visit to the injured in the hospital. Sangofadeji and Adekoya also gave financial assistance to the injured passengers who wanted to return to Lagos after they were treated and discharged.

Other agencies at the scene of the accident included the Federal Road Safety Commission, the Police and the Vehicle Inspection Officer.

Source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808232164132

IS THIS WHAT MR AJI FASHOLA WANTS ME TO RETURN TO? Don't get it twisted, accidents happen here as well, but u can be certain the casualities will be given rapt medical attention and first aid.

Omo, o really gao!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2008
bilymuse:

[size=15pt]home is where you find peace[/size]
[/quote

I AGREE WITH U!!!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2008
ebariba:

16 die in Sagamu road accident
By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta
Published: Saturday, 23 Aug 2008
The Sagamu axis of the Sagamu-Benin Expressway on Friday witnessed another bloodbath as 16 people lost their lives in an auto crash involving a luxurious passengers bus and a fuel tanker.

About 20 other passengers in the bus, marked Lagos FX 102 LNG, also sustained serious injuries in the crash that occurred in the early hours of Friday. According to the Information Officer of the Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement, Mr. Wole Shokunbi, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Friday, the accident occurred when the fuel tanker, which was coming from the Lagos end of the expressway, drove against traffic.

He explained that the fuel tanker, which was fully loaded with Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as petrol, collided with the luxury bus which was heading for Lagos from Uyo. Our correspondent learnt that the tanker’s driver, a female passenger with him and the driver of the passenger bus died instantly while some of the passengers who sat near the rear of the bus sustained injuries.

However, the tanker, with registration number FX 724 ADC did not burst into flames.

The Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Olu-Mike Olagunju, attributed the accident to “dangerous driving.” He said, “If the journey had been in daytime, the other bus would have seen the reckless tanker driver. That is why the FRSC keeps saying our people should avoid night travel. It is dangerous.”

Olagunju added that some of the dead would have been saved if they had received help after the accident, regretting that succour did not come owing to the time it happened. He said, “Most of them died as a result of pain. People could only help them in the morning; since the crash happened in the night. You can imagine the trauma for them to have lived with such terrible injuries till the morning; about seven hours later.”

The injured were said to have been rushed to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, where some of them were given medical attention and discharged. Although the tanker did not burst into flames, the Ogun State Fire Service was on hand for any eventuality.

The Corps Commander, TRACE, Elder Ayodele Sangofadeji, and the state Commissioner for Works, Mr. Adesegun Adekoya, also visited the scene of the accident and paid a visit to the injured in the hospital. Sangofadeji and Adekoya also gave financial assistance to the injured passengers who wanted to return to Lagos after they were treated and discharged.

Other agencies at the scene of the accident included the Federal Road Safety Commission, the Police and the Vehicle Inspection Officer.

Source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808232164132

IS THIS WHAT MR AJI FASHOLA WANTS ME TO RETURN TO? Don't get it twisted, accidents happen here as well, but u can be certain the casualities will be given rapt medical attention and first aid.

Omo, o really gao!!

Now i can't comment on this twisted argument. When your kid brother gets shot in broiad daylight in London without provovation - then you will know - nowhere is safe.

Or when you get stabbed on the bus - or when youths stab your heart for no reason - you will know
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2008
lepashandi:

hmmm - no be there you grow up? see me see sense o - or na everyone wey dey live there they get shot on a daily basis?

I surprise o - someone even they mention heat - na wa o - no be the same abroad wey the people wey own d place they travel to places wey warmth dey? The abroad no be place wey person dey die of cold? Abi see me o -

Some even say malaria go catch them if them come back to Nigeria - no be abroad wey people dey die of common cold - flu??

I weak at these reasons and comparisons.
[quote][/quote]

The fact that someone grew up in Nigeria does'nt mean he/she must perpetually live in fear of accidents, armed robbers etc?
Miss Lepa, u said u studied in Edinburgh, have u see Pastors praying against accidents on National Express or mega bus?, did you have to shut yourself up in your house at 8pm? Did u need a security guard or alsatian dogs for security in your house?

If someone choses to have peace of mind and flip burgers or do a care job, I think his life expectancy is higher than someone working in IBTC and lives in abject fear!!!! Your assessment of living a good life is not a yardstick for others mate,
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2008
ebariba:

lepashandi:

Now i can't comment on this twisted argument. When your kid brother gets shot in broiad daylight in London without provovation - then you will know - nowhere is safe.

Or when you get stabbed on the bus - or when youths stab your heart for no reason - you will know

Madam, I don't commute on the bus, I've got private transport. And I don't reside in south London.

Ur oint is meaningless, as if u check statistics, most knife and gun crimes in London has got an history, And do u know the number of crimes that go on in Naija? Is it because there are no documentations, do u know the no of people ho get killed and mudered by the hour?

Omo, stay in Naij and enjoy the good life, Good luck!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by oziomatv(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2008
To me there's no cause for alarm here,
People made it in Nigeria to the extent of becoming world Billionaire is not enough reason for people to pack their Bagage back home.
People get killed by Accidents, Violence, sickness and hunger in Nigeria is also no reason to turn your back on Nigeria.
People live and die in a place where they chooses as their home choice.

But my question is what is this existing problem that we can't keep our heads together and sort it out once and for all without wetting for American (Mansons) and other western world (Illuminati) to carry it out for us? My father tried and failed in Nigeria is not an evidence that I will try and fail too, Likewise my father made it in Diaspora is a good example that I'll definitely make it there. the result is right in our faces.

It's all left for us to choose the kind of life to Live and the Kind of Death we want.
I CAN'T HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE IF I DON'T DO THE CLEANING.
OBODO OYIBO AMAKA MA HOME IS HOME.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by TPS360: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2008
ok
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2008
ebariba:

The fact that someone grew up in Nigeria does'nt mean he/she must perpetually live in fear of accidents, armed robbers etc?
Miss Lepa, u said u studied in Edinburgh, have u see Pastors praying against accidents on National Express or mega bus?, did you have to shut yourself up in your house at 8pm? Did u need a security guard or alsatian dogs for security in your house?

If someone choses to have peace of mind and flip burgers or do a care job, I think his life expectancy is higher than someone working in IBTC and lives in abject fear!!!! Your assessment of living a good life is not a yardstick for others mate,

Abject fear is now a reason - your fear drives you to dump your well paying bank job and move to America to clean and sweep city streets - may that fear drive you further to live in Iraq.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

It's Official: APC Names Rotimi Amaechi DG Of Presidential Campaign Organization / Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k / Buhari: "I Would Have Been Part Of Fulani Herdsmen If I Didn't Go To School"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.