Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,004 members, 7,963,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:52 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27602 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2008
ty4real:

Another Ajebo on nairaland grin grin grin grin!Guy you know you are lying here,I hope you enjoy the killing traffic along that lekki-Ajah road,I lived there tooo ooooo,From your description above so that means you don't beyond those walls right and that it is why you have rest of mind!You will soon wake up!okidoki grin grin grin
anywhere with basketball court is utopia for me. i love to play. and ermm i am not ajebo by any stretch of the imagination. i be ajepaki no be small sef. ol boy the traffick here in chicago on lake shore drive in the morning is the same. so whats ya point  grin try driving on lake shore drive going downtown from the northside every morning. trAFFICK jam dey everywhere my brother. no where in the world is utopia. you just have to make ya sorroundings work for ya
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by debosky(m): 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

anywhere with basketball court is utopia for me. i love to play. and ermm i am not ajebo by any stretch of the imagination. i be ajepaki no be small sef. ol boy the traffick here in chicago on lake shore drive in the morning is the same. so whats ya point grin try driving on lake shore drive going downtown from the northside every morning. trAFFICK jam dey everywhere my brother. no where in the world is utopia. you just have to make ya sorroundings work for ya

Is that not what we've been trying to get into your dense head all week? I guess Chicago smog don scatter your head. grin grin

You make the best of your surroundings when you return to naija, let others make the best of theirs in China, USA, Canada or Venezuela if they want. simple. cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

anywhere with basketball court is utopia for me. i love to play. and ermm i am not ajebo by any stretch of the imagination. i be ajepaki no be small sef. ol boy the traffick here in chicago on lake shore drive in the morning is the same. so whats ya point grin try driving on lake shore drive going downtown from the northside every morning. trAFFICK jam dey everywhere my brother. no where in the world is utopia. you just have to make ya sorroundings work for ya

Ok ooooo,mo ti gbo e ooo!Dont worry,we will come and join you in Nigeria when things are a lot beha!No 1 on the list Power supply!Mo fe lo sun,O daro cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy!ba mi baba iyabo oooo ati yaradua abi those ones no try for you ni? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

is the same abroad too na. not everyone abroad lives in gated communities na so whats ya point  cheesy and americans have guns to protect themselves against intruders so whats ya point ? is america utopia ? grin
ty4real:

ok,tank God say you yoursef no say iya Charlie try for u wink wink wink wink!But abeg next time mention the thing wey your leader for Nigeria don do for you ok!Be more patriotic se o gbo! cool cool cool!
Omo you funny sha!Shey o wa London bayi abi owa ni gated community e? grin grin
grin me i no dey wait for wetin the country fit do for me. you go wait taya. me i don't attach patriotism to what naija has done for me. i only had to step out of it to appreciate what i had hence the patriotism. ol boy i done taya to dey watch tv and the demonisation of black folk for this part of town. like seriously is like they are falling all over themselves to paint us as beasts who are not welcome. me i can't live under such conditions sha. don't care how rich i get here i just can't survive under such nazi media regime and raise a kid under such conditions. una try sha. ol boy i dey schicago dey my room dey jam shina peters  grin grin grin grin fufu dey for faya
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

Is that not what we've been trying to get into your dense head all week? I guess Chicago smog don scatter your head. grin grin

You make the best of your surroundings when you return to naija, let others make the best of theirs in China, USA, Canada or Venezuela if they want. simple. cheesy
yes na but you know that a conflict of culture with the dominant section of society has a subtle subliminal way of damaging morale. why u think lots of minorities and black folk go crazy in america and britain ? me i want to make the best of my sorroundings somewhere where i am the majority  grin grin grin i done taya to dey be minority  cry cry cry
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2008
ty4real:

Ok ooooo,mo ti gbo e ooo!Dont worry,we will come and join you in Nigeria when things are a lot beha!No 1 on the list Power supply!Mo fe lo sun,O daro cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy!ba mi baba iyabo oooo ati yaradua abi those ones no try for you ni? grin grin grin grin grin
lol u are crazy. ol boy power outage no even be biggie for me sha. as i done dey for the west i have developed strong and romantic affinity for candles and incense, if power no dey i go put incense and candle dey drink my tombo dey go grin grin grin ol boy life is easy. suffering is in the mind. if you can see power outage as the time to make the atmosphere romantic with candles and incense, 90 percent of the battle is won. anyway make you go sleep sha as BBC done stop programming for midnight grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 12:17am On Aug 27, 2008
by the way kobojunkie did not mean to get personal bout ya folks. it was just that you called me a miserable person so many times i just thought, ok time to swing the insults and shut this bruh up. going to go edit that part of my post  wink
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Aug 27, 2008
I did not call you miserable. You assumed we are all as miserable as you are and I was just pointing out that not all of us are. I happen to live in the same chicago you claim to be in right now and I see no reason why anyone would live miserable here. Not even in columbus Or anywhere in America. I mean you can choose to be miserable, and then maybe it would be best for you to move back to Nigeria. But Fact remains, if you get out of Nigeria and you find that you are miserable, my advice to such is MOVE BACK WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. I hear people speak of being in dead end jobs and first thing that comes to mind is WHy not quit? Why not move to another state and try again? This place is HUGE and great for such.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 2:42am On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

lol u are crazy. ol boy power outage no even be biggie for me sha. as i done dey for the west i have developed strong and romantic affinity for candles and incense, if power no dey i go put incense and candle dey drink my tombo dey go grin grin grin ol boy life is easy. suffering is in the mind. if you can see power outage as the time to make the atmosphere romantic with candles and incense, 90 percent of the battle is won. anyway make you go sleep sha as BBC done stop programming for midnight grin grin grin

WHAT!!!! shocked people like you are still around. . . Thank God grin kiss
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

WHAT!!!! shocked people like you are still around. . . Thank God grin kiss

I am so glad you are the same person here thanking your God for these kind of people. People who, instead of demanding change continue to SUFFER and SMILE. Fela nailed it. Instead of demanding better treatment, these will do all they can to "MAKE THE BEST" of the situation, while settling for less than the best. And you claimed earlier that most all Nigerians want change, are you serious??
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 3:37am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am so glad you are the same person here thanking your God for these kind of people. People who, instead of demanding change continue to SUFFER and SMILE. Fela nailed it. Instead of demanding better treatment, these will do all they can to "MAKE THE BEST" of the situation, while settling for less than the best. And you claimed earlier that most all Nigerians want change, are you serious??

my fellow Nigerian. . . do you expect me to be depressed when i get to nigeria because of electricity. . . sometimes a person has to be optimistic. . . not crying every single second and running from the situation to find a so called better life. . . i agree with buzugee because he remains optimistic, when a person is in a situation at the moment he/she makes the very best out of it and tries to overcome that situation . . . but that doesn't mean when a better situation comes up the person would not accept it with open arms, and also it doesn't mean the person SETTLES for the bad situation. Nigeria has a lot of potential and opportunity, but people need to remain optimistic to see the good in the bad, and make it better. IF life gives you lemons you make lemonade. cool

Kobo, question, do u think america was always like this?  . . . No. . . they started from scratch and i mean scratch. . . they took what was once ugly and made it look really really good. thats why you are in america today.  wink

But majority of people fail to see the good in Nigeria. They want something READY MADE. but guess what that ready made would later become poison to them.  grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

my fellow Nigerian. . . do you expect me to be depressed when i get to nigeria because of electricity. . . sometimes a person has to be optimistic. . . not crying every single second and running from the situation to find a so called better life
Optimistic about what exactly? Optimistic about no electricity? I really do not get it.

maree7:

. . . i agree with buzugee because he remains optimistic, when a person is in a situation at the moment he/she makes the very best out of it and tries to overcome that situation . . . but that doesn't mean when a better situation comes up the person would not accept it with open arms, and also it doesn't mean the person SETTLES for the bad situation. Nigeria has a lot of potential and opportunity, but people need to remain optimistic to see the good in the bad, and make it better. IF life gives you lemons you make lemonade. cool
Nigeria has had potential from day one. The potentials in Nigeria did not come to be yesterday. They have been in existence from the very first day. What has potential and opportunity to do with SUFFERING and SMILING and then claiming in the next statement that you are for change? People need to remain optimistic about/for what? I don’t think you realize how contradictory your own statements are here. How can you denounce what you are willing to compromise on?
maree7:

Kobo, question do u think america was always like this? . . . No. . . they started from scratch and i mean scratch. . . they took what was once ugly and made it look really really good. thats why you are in america today. wink
So because America started from scratch is reason why Nigerians should rejoice and be glad in no electricity while claiming to hate the situation?

maree7:

But majority of people fail to see the good in Nigeria. They want something READY MADE. but guess what that ready made would later become poison. grin

What majority of people are you speaking of? I am tired. I get tired talking to people who speak like you do. I remember what happened just recently in Zimbabwe when I do. I remember how even after so many years of suffering, many of these same went back and asked to be given the same bitter tonic yet again. I will not be surprised if come 2011, we will have yet another year of the same old crap. And no, I will yet again, not believe it is as a result of rigging as I am even more convinced that since people like you exist, there is more to it than claims of rigged elections.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:03am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Optimistic about what exactly? Optimistic about no electricity? I really do not get it.

Dude if you like you remain to cry about no electricity. . . or get your butt up and find a solution.

Kobojunkie:

Nigeria has had potential from day one. The potentials in Nigeria did not come to be yesterday. They have been in existence from the very first day. What has potential and opportunity to do with SUFFERING and SMILING and then claiming in the next statement that you are for change? People need to remain optimistic about/for what? I don’t think you realize how contradictory your own statements are here. How can you denounce what you are willing to compromise on?So because America started from scratch is reason why Nigerians should rejoice and be glad in no electricity while claiming to hate the situation?

so u want them to be crying and depressed? okai. . . but that would not get them a solution. . . they have to wipe their tears and start brainstorming on a solution. and please don't point fingers at who suppose to do it

Kobojunkie:

What majority of people are you speaking of? I am tired. I get tired talking to people who speak like you do. I remember what happened just recently in Zimbabwe when I do. I remember how even after so many years of suffering, many of these same went back and asked to be given the same bitter tonic yet again. I will not be surprised if come 2011, we will have yet another year of the same old crap. And no, I will yet again, not believe it is as a result of rigging as I am even more convinced that since people like you exist, there is more to it than claims of rigged elections.

People like me? okai if i think like you nothing would get done. . . because you are not taking any actions you are just talkin. . .

But guess what you don't have to worry about anything you are in your Comfort Zone "america"
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Aug 27, 2008
I am sorry,  Why is my staying in america a problem for you? You seem to have issues with me being in America cause you keep harping on it, yet you happen to be in the same place, according to your avartar there. Are you ok?

I can bet you that in my whole lifetime, I will do more to help people with my words than you will ever dream of doing in yours, with all the criticisms you have against people speaking out against the injustice that continues to plague our people. Instead of trying to play PSYCHIC   by assuming you have people's lives( complete strangers you have never and may never meet) figured out, I suggest you focus on doing what it is you know to do better, and let your action speak for you instead.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:19am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry,  Why is my staying in america a problem for you? You seem to have issues with me being in America cause you keep harping on it, yet you happen to be in the same place, according to your avartar there. Are you ok?

I can bet you that in my whole lifetime, I will do more to help people with my words than you will ever dream of doing in yours, with all the criticisms you have against people speaking out against the injustice that continues to plague our people. Instead of trying to play PSYCHIC   by assuming you have people's lives( complete strangers you have never and may never meet) figured out, I suggest you focus on doing what it is you know to do better, and let your action speak for you instead.

WHat what!!!! you stayin in America is not a problem for me. . i even encourage YOU to stay there. . . enjoy yourself  grin
Majority of Nigerians think like you i am apart of the minority. . . but guess what ain't nothing getting done. . . so how can u say u will do more with your words than with my action. . . all you doing is discouraging people not to go to nigeria and encouraging people to runeven tho u did not say it directly thats how it appears. i am not against people critisizing. . . they can do that all they want but action needs to be made. period  wink
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

WHat what!!!! you stayin in America is not a problem for me. . i even encourage YOU to stay there. . . enjoy yourself grin
Majority of Nigerians think like you i am apart of the minority. . . but guess what ain't nothing getting done. . . so how can u say u will do more with your words than with my action. . . all you doing is discouraging people not to go to nigeria and encouraging people to runeven tho u did not say it directly thats how it appears. i am not against people critisizing. . . they can do that all they want but action needs to be made. period wink

I so hate it when people tell lies. I mean you can post your view but why make things up about others just so you can score a brownie point or two?

Please, Show me where I discourage people from going back to Nigeria. Show me where I have encouraged people to run away from Nigeria? If you think you have me all figured out, show me you are not a liar.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:32am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I so hate it when people tell lies. I mean you can post your view but why make things up about others just so you can score a brownie point or two?

Please, Show me where I discourage people from going back to Nigeria. Show me where I have encouraged people to run away from Nigeria? If you think you have me all figured out, show me you are not a liar.

me a liar from you? KoBo Kobo, i recall sayin that, that is what you make it sound like. . . Many people think like you and Many have been discouraged. . . okai what you sed is people in Nigeria are suffering and they have started smiling about it. . . which i think that is not the case for all . . . because majority complain about it. . but that doesn't encourage them to find a solution. dats what i mean.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

me a liar from you? KoBo Kobo, i recall sayin that, that is what you make it sound like. . . Many people think like you and Many have been discouraged. . . okai what you sed is people in Nigeria are suffering and they have started smiling about it. . . which i think that is not the case for all . . . because majority complain about it. . but that doesn't encourage them to find a solution. that is what i mean.

I didn't coin phrase "suffering and Smiling", Fela did, back in the 70's, I believe. He himself noticed the trend and it continued and it continues to this day where people continue to try as much as they can to MAKE DO with next to nothing while they continue to PAY BILLIONS for services they NEVER GET and they never get the GUTS To complain and USE the POWER THAT BELONGS TO THEM.

You asked me earlier what I would do if my trash was not picked up and I told you. The same you is now saying that If your Trash is not picked up, you will try to find a way to have fun with the mountain of trash out in front of your eyes and you think you make more sense You are telling me now that you are willing to continue paying BILLIONS to government but continue to suffer and smile as Government continues to tred all over you and your family with no problem, and you think I am the one with the issues here I am still waiting for you to show me where I tell people to run from Nigeria.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:47am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I didn't coin phrase "suffering and Smiling", Fela did, back in the 70's, I believe. He himself noticed the trend and it continued and it continues to this day where people continue to try as much as they can to MAKE DO with next to nothing while they continue to PAY BILLIONS for services they NEVER GET and they never get the GUTS To complain and USE the POWER THAT BELONGS TO THEM.

You asked me earlier what I would do if my trash was not picked up and I told you. The same you is now saying that If your Trash is not picked up, you will try to find a way to have fun with the mountain of trash out in front of your eyes and you think you make more sense You are telling me now that you are willing to continue paying BILLIONS to government but continue to suffer and smile as Government continues to tred all over you and your family with no problem, and you think I am the one with the issues here I am still waiting for you to show me where I tell people to run from Nigeria.

I RECALL SAYING, YOU DID NOT SAY IT DIRECTLY

THe people have been complaing about the government for the past 40 years now and
seriously alot of poeple have protested and protested, but it sho ain't working. . so what do u advise them to do next. . . . let me know now because i am goin there and i want to get some ideas. .
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:53am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You asked me earlier what I would do if my trash was not picked up and I told you. The same you is now saying that If your Trash is not picked up, you will try to find a way to have fun with the mountain of trash out in front of your eyes and you think you make more sense

Oh my and u are calling ME a liar. . .  when did i say i would have fun with a mountain of trash. . . dude i recall sayin yesterday instead of steady waitnig for the government . . . pick your trash up yourself. . . becuz guess what its making YOU look bad.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

I RECALL SAYING, YOU DID NOT SAY IT DIRECTLY

THe people have been complaing about the government for the past 40 years now and
seriously alot of poeple have protested and protested, but it sho ain't working. . so what do u advise them to do next. . . . let me know now because i am goin there and i want to get some ideas. .

Do you mind elaborating on the part where you claim the people have been protesting and protesting? Cause I really want to understand how suddenly men like Babangida, Obasanjo and their minions, who are by the way out numbered by the millions of Nigerians out there, are suddenly hard to get.

If at this age and time you have no ideas but are going back there mouthing off that you are going to change things by adding another candle like to the millions down there already, then I have to say I seriously doubt you have anything to offer that country being there.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

Oh my and u are calling ME a liar. . . when did i say i would have fun with a mountain of trash. . . dude i sed yesterday instead of steady waitnig for the government . . . pick your trash up yourself. . . becuz guess what its making YOU look bad.

Terrific!! So you want Nigerians to continue Paying government BILLIONS of Naira to pick up Trash, and these same Nigerians should continue taking their own Trash (which they already pay to be picked up by Government) to the land fills while government is free to continue eating up the money( being corrupt). Now you say if I do not clean up the trash, which I already pay government to clean up, but choose to demand that government deliver on the service I pay for, it makes me look bad?

WOW!!! YOU AMAZE ME!!! We might as well start celebrating Yar adua and all the others for the 2011 oooo!!!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 5:05am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Do you mind elaborating on the part where you claim the people have been protesting and protesting? Cause I really want to understand how suddenly men like Babangida, Obasanjo and their minions, who are by the way out numbered by the millions of Nigerians out there, are suddenly hard to get.

If at this age and time you have no ideas but are going back there mouthing off that you are going to change things by adding another candle like to the millions down there already, then I have to say I seriously doubt you have anything to offer that country being there.

Chaiiii. . . You think people don't protest , well let me tell you they do and my family was among those that did.

Boy. . . i have ideas don't get me wrong . . .wher did i say i didn't

Mouthing off? WHo sed i am goin back to mouth off? so Do u freakin think that you are helpin the situation ? because u are trying to get on me for trying to at least take action. what makes you think your way is the right way? you are over here giving commands on what people in Nigeria should do. . . when YOU are not doing anything, dang
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 5:12am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Terrific!! So you want Nigerians to continue Paying government BILLIONS of Naira to pick up Trash, and these same Nigerians should continue taking their own Trash (which they already pay to be picked up by Government) to the land fills while government is free to continue eating up the money( being corrupt). Now you say if I do not clean up the trash, which I already pay government to clean up, but choose to demand that government deliver on the service I pay for, it makes me look bad?

WOW!!! YOU AMAZE ME!!! We might as well start celebrating Yar adua and all the others for the 2011 oooo!!!!
wow i amaze u. . . trust me u ain't seen nothing yet. . kiss

It won't be really wise for somebody to pay for something that they are not seeing the results of. . . unless they are giving to charity. . . what i am sayin is if nobody is doin it try to see what u can do. . . well i guess your way is to go to the government in Nigeria and complain and complain. . . even tho u are not doin it right now. . . but i wish you the very best in your ideas. and i wud cross my fingers maybe one day your idea wud work for the best of Nigeria.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 5:20am On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

Chaiiii. . . You think people don't protest , well let me tell you they do and my family was among those that did.

Boy. . . i have ideas don't get me wrong . . .wher did i say i didn't

Mouthing off? WHo sed i am goin back to mouth off? so Do u freakin think that you are helpin the situation ? because u are trying to get on me for trying to at least take action. what makes you think your way is the right way? you are over here giveing commands at what people in Nigeria should do. . . when YOU are not doing anythingdang

When did they protest? How did they protest? What follow up technique was used? Are there documents out there, petitions etc to show that your parents were serious to the extent of filing some papers or something I need information here. Not just more shpew!!!!

1) You happen to be the one telling me my mode is ineffective and how wonderful your way will be. Infact, you reduced me to being a complainer and you the national hero,

2) You are the same one asking me for ideas, you forced a solution out of me yesterday and you are back asking for ideas, I am sitting here wondering what in the world you think you have to do for Nigeria if you are going around asking for ideas??

3) Stop freaking telling me of what you think of what I do when you have nothing to show me to proof that your idea is even worth it. Action speaks louder than words. Go, Change Nigeria and then come tell me of it
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 5:36am On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

When did they protest? How did they protest? What follow up technique was used? Are there documents out there, petitions etc to show that your parents were serious to the extent of filing some papers or something I need information here. Not just more shpew!!!!

And what would me tellin you help the situation. because all you are goin to do is give me some more commands that i don't see you doin. trust me i have been there and done that and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. . . but you know what the most important thing is that me and my family were the ones that did it. . . not that we depended on anybody else to do it. .  At least we are trying

Kobojunkie:

1) You happen to be the one telling me my mode is ineffective and how wonderful your way will be. Infact, you reduced me to being a complainer and you the national hero,

2) You are the same one asking me for ideas, you forced a solution out of me yesterday and you are back asking for ideas, I am sitting here wondering what in the world you think you have to do for Nigeria if you are going around asking for ideas??

3) Stop freaking telling me of what you think of what I do when you have nothing to show me to proof that your idea is even worth it. Action speaks louder than words. Go, Change Nigeria and then come tell me of it

1. okai you no what at least i am not commanding poeple on what to do in Nigeria. . . when u are not in Nigeria doin anything. .  i did not recall sayin my way was the best way . .  all i sed was i am not goin to rely on anybody but myself and GOd.

2. just wanted  to see what ideas u have since both of us want the best for nigeria. .  but i did not force you to give me. And what the heck is wrong with goin to ask for some ideas. . that doesn't mean i don't have some ideas myself. . .the point is that i am doin it myself not expecting anybody else to do it.

3. You talkin bout action speaks louder than word. . . you are contradicting yourself. . what actions have you taken? besides sitting behind a computer and typing words. . . WHat you do? what are u doin but tellin people what to do. . . well i would try and do MY best to help the country. . wheather Nigeria becomes your preference or not. . .

At least we now agree Individuals need to take actionnot just speaking words including YOU and ME. . . yes YOU
  grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by oludunamis(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2008
@busygee
Typical of my naija compatriots, both naija based and those living abroad. i looked through your comments and I fee sad

Very arrongant, proud, condescending, rude, on top of your british pali, education etc you can not make sensible polite and objective contributions

I am sick and tired of this forum full of people getting personal and agressive.

Cant someone just make serious and onjective debate without being selfish in using their personal experiences and circumstances to make general statements in ways ,

Nairaland sucks sometimes

Please be polite, couteous and objective and open minded in your discussions for the future

God bless Nigeria, meanwhile I love my burundis experience for now
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2008
maree7:

And what would me tellin you help the situation. because all you are goin to do is give me some more commands that i don't see you doin. trust me i have been there and done that and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. . . but you know what the most important thing is that me and my family were the ones that did it. . . not that we depended on anybody else to do it. .  At least we are trying

What command do you speak of? Since when did asking you to show proof of claims that you protested as you claim turn to making commands of you? Do you realize how you seem to put up an insecure front here? I point out issues, you claim I complain. I ask you how effective your protest was and you come back with a sob story of how you are proud you did it( in your mind) it worked or not. Please,  did you file any petitions? etc. How can you effectively change things if you are nonchalant yourself and are not willing tp push further each time to make sure you win?  Don't you see how people keep reciepts, collect signatures, go to the media, etc here in America where you live, all to make sure that there voice is heard and that the government considers their cause?

maree7:

1. okai you no what at least i am not commanding poeple on what to do in Nigeria. . . when u are not in Nigeria doin anything. .  i did not recall sayin my way was the best way . .  all i sed was i am not goin to rely on anybody but myself and GOd.

I ain't commanding you. Just suggesting instead of coming in here to mouth off about your supposed "great" undone deeds for Nigeria, you go do, then come back and talk about. Not continue to yap on and on with nothing to show.

maree7:

2. just wanted  to see what ideas u have since both of us want the best for nigeria. .  but i did not force you to give me. And what the heck is wrong with goin to ask for some ideas. . that doesn't mean i don't have some ideas myself. . .the point is that i am doin it myself not expecting anybody else to do it.

I gfave you the solution and simplest of all ideas yesterday. Judging from your talk, I am guessing I am speaking to yet another SUFFERING AND SMILING Nigerian who does not seem to consider the ONE SOLUTION that remains untried worthy! Well,  maybe the next generation will work on solving the problem from the root rather than going on and on about how they will go back and but more bandages on the stomach of the people and hope that magicaLLY takes all there problems away.

maree7:

3. You talkin bout action speaks louder than word. . . you are contradicting yourself. . what actions have you taken? besides sitting behind a computer and typing words. . . WHat you do? what are u doin but tellin people what to do. . . well i would try and do MY best to help the country. . wheather Nigeria becomes your preference or not. . .

At least we now agree Individuals need to take actionnot just speaking words including YOU and ME. . . yes YOU
  grin

Funny thing is you never asked me of my actions but assumed that since I am not in Nigeria means I am not working in NIgeria. All I have done so far is offered you answers to your many questions and claims, and suggested you stand up for your right instead of settling for less, believing that somehow you love your country more by doing such, when you have experienced life in America and gained understanding of what governments position ought to be.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2008
lol maree, folks like us full ground well well ooooo. we try not to stray too far from basics hence not getting caught up in the comforts of modern technology. can you believe i have never owned an ipod, dont have a mobile phone (only home phone ) etc. i keep it basic. good for rest of mind. grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
oludunamis:

@busygee
Typical of my naija compatriots, both naija based and those living abroad. i looked through your comments and I fee sad

Very arrongant, proud, condescending, rude, on top of your british pali, education etc you can not make sensible polite and objective contributions

I am sick and tired of this forum full of people getting personal and agressive.

Cant someone just make serious and onjective debate without being selfish in using their personal experiences and circumstances to make general statements in ways ,

Nairaland sucks sometimes

Please be polite, couteous and objective and open minded in your discussions for the future

God bless Nigeria, meanwhile I love my burundis experience for now
ok first off if you feel offended , or anyone for that matter feels offended in any way by my posts i apologise. but you have to realise that me and you are coming from 2 different places. you live in africa where the warfare is about acquiring the basics of living. i live somewhere where the warfare is mental and emotional. it involves being emotionally and physically on guard as you are (blackness) the object of tARGET for everyone from the media to the police. if you come to america and try to interact with african americans they come off as brash and crazy, but you wouldnt understand why they act so crazy until you have done time in america and slowly but yet subconsciously you start to morph into them. then before you realise it you get as brash as them. its one of the acquisitions of living in america. you morph into a brash person as a result and consequence of being on the recieving end of a lot of negativity. now am sorry that your fairytale mindset misconstrues my attitude for all the attributes you stated above but you wouldnt understand until you walk a mile in my shoe. and your rant is full of so many spelling mistakes. grin grin cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

ok first off if you feel offended , or anyone for that matter feels offended in any way by my posts i apologise. but you have to realise that me and you are coming from 2 different places. you live in africa where the warfare is about acquiring the basics of living. i live somewhere where the warfare is mental and emotional. it involves being emotionally and physically on guard as you are (blackness) the object of tARGET for everyone from the media to the police. if you come to america and try to interact with african americans they come off as brash and crazy, but you wouldnt understand why they act so crazy until you have done time in america and slowly but yet subconsciously you start to morph into them. then before you realise it you get as brash as them. its one of the acquisitions of living in america. you morph into a brash person as a result and consequence of being on the recieving end of a lot of negativity. now am sorry that your fairytale mindset misconstrues my attitude for all the attributes you stated above but you wouldnt understand until you walk a mile in my shoe. and your rant is full of so many spelling mistakes.

I am sorry but your analyzes of your life in America is actually not same for all. I am a Nigerian living in the same America and I can 100% state that none of what you posted above makes sense to me. I am not a brash person at all, and I feel no need to wake up every morning with the first thoughts in my mind being “I AM BLACK AND THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT TO GET ME”. That to me would be HELL. I can tell you that not all African Americans feel that way either, so again, that life, you CONTINUALLY CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF. Instead of continuing to live that way, may I suggest that you move back to Nigeria where your skin color may not take up a significant place in your mind as it seems to here.

I wonder how anyone in there right mind can wake up each morning thinking “SKIN COLOR” every turn of the eye. I repeat, that life, to me, would be HELL and it sort of explains much here.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but your analyzes of your life in America is actually not same for all. I am a Nigerian living in the same America and I can 100% state that none of what you posted above makes sense to me. I am not a brash person at all, and I feel no need to wake up every morning with the first thoughts in my mind being “I AM BLACK AND THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT TO GET ME”. That to me would be HELL. I can tell you that not all African Americans feel that way either, so again, that life, you CONTINUALLY CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF. Instead of continuing to live that way, may I suggest that you move back to Nigeria where your skin color may not take up a significant place in your mind as it seems to here.

I wonder how anyone in there right mind can wake up each morning thinking “SKIN COLOR” every turn of the eye. I repeat, that life, to me, would be HELL and it sort of explains much here.

grin this is not me all the time. this is only me when i get a ticket for stupid sturves that i souldnt get a ticket for cry one time though popo searched me cuz i was passing thru a rough part of town. they thought i came to buy drugs. they pulled all my trausa out and nearly had me nekkid on the street sef cry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari In India / Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.