Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,004 members, 7,963,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:52 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27602 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

grin this is not me all the time. this is only me when i get a ticket for stupid sturves that i souldnt get a ticket for cry one time though popo searched me because i was passing through a rough part of town. they thought i came to buy drugs. they pulled all my trausa out and nearly had me nekkid on the street sef cry grin

My guy, if you live in a bad area, move out of there.
Educate your mind and know ur right.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2008
oh and another time popo pulled me over. well i like driving with my socks so i take one shoe off. anyway when dude was walking up to the car i ws stupid enough to be bending town trying to get my shoe on incase he orders me ouf off the car. next thing i know there is a gun cocked and thrust in my face say about an inch away from my face and dude yelled DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT BUDDY. i then stupidly realised my mistake. he thought i was tryna pull out a pistol i kept on the floor under the seat. i then told dude i was tying up the laces of my sneakers because i was driving with my shoes off. lol now if the dude was trigger happy he would have blown my head clean off my shoulders  grin me and una no for dey get this conversation now sef. God dey oooo . MAKE UNA DEY THANK AM DAILY
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

My guy, if you live in a bad area, move out of there.
Educate your mind and know your right.
dude chicago is not like texas or atl where they have good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. chicago is like new york or london. one street is bad, the next street mmight be good. so there is police presence everywhere. no such thing as a bad area in chicago unless you go farrrrr west or farrrrrrr south. everywhere else is a nice mixture of good and bad streets so this ya statement does not apply to someone living in chicago grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

dude chicago is not like texas or atl where they have good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. chicago is like new york or london. one street is bad, the next street mmight be good. so there is police presence everywhere. no such thing as a bad area in chicago unless you go farrrrr west or farrrrrrr south. everywhere else is a nice mixture of good and bad streets so this ya statement does not apply to someone living in chicago grin

And in Chicago, u have to watch your steps all cos you "black"?
and yet the polulations of black in chicago is noticable, somethng just dont sound right here dude.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

And in Chicago, u have to watch your steps all because you "black"?
and yet the polulations of black in chicago is noticable, somethng just don't sound right here dude.

Abi ooO!!! I have been to the very same Chicago so many times over. Lived in NY self and not a single situation like the ones he is listing here. Now I am wondering if he looks like a drug dealer self. ROFLMAO!!! @Buzugee, I am sorry but your story does not compute. Do you live in the bad area in the south side or in the west? I have never gotten a ticket before, just warnings, and 100% of the time, I was at fault. Again, dude, maybe you need to ask God to cleanse you of all that bad luck there, cause it seem like you carry the thing for head dey waka is the main, ROFLMAO!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Abi ooO!!! I have been to the very same Chicago so many times over. Lived in NY self and not a single situation like the ones he is listing here. Now I am wondering if he looks like a drug dealer self. ROFLMAO!!! @Buzugee, I am sorry but your story does not compute. Do you live in the bad area in the south side or in the west? I have never gotten a ticket before, just warnings, and 100% of the time, I was at fault. Again, dude, maybe you need to ask God to cleanse you of all that bad luck there, cause it seem like you carry the thing for head dey waka is the main, ROFLMAO!!

I will like to know too, if he was the reason why they sing that song " everywhere i go, trouble follow me"
The dude just wanna come here and wag and scare everyone else out of chicago and yet so much black there and they all living well, i have been to chicago too many times, and i had fun, and that is why i am worried abt his stories, but then, it cld be a newer version of chicago oh like windows XP
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2008
lool when last have yall being to chitown ? the place is different now on. the economy has being sucked out of the neighborhoods. go on broadway almost all the shops are boarded up. lots of unemployment. beggars of all colors everywhere heating you up for change. ol boy the truth of the matter is that the place has become depressed. and that breeds lots of angry people and cops. mayor daley tried to balance the budget and he has a 400 million dollar deficit in the budget. guess what he proposed ? they will get all the money from drivers. popos have being alerted. if you car is in the wrong place. like 10 diff popos will call each other and will each place tickets on ya car. thats 10 tickets. then a new law, after you get 2 tickets ya car gets booted. only 2 tickets. dude popos is out on the streets issuing tickets on the smallest infractions. ya car better be perfect because if one of ya light is not working guess what ? you owe the city 50 bucks. read this
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/daley.denver.boot.2.784494.html

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1083469,CST-NWS-boot31web.article

ol boy i live this everyday. all popos is out to cover the budget deficit for daley. just park ya car in the wrong place for 2 secs, when you come back you will see like 10 tickets on it. read those 2 links especially the second one. its tough out here for the average joe. 10 tickets is 750 bucks. pay it or forfeit ya car. city will sell ya car.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

lool when last have yall being to chitown ? the place is different now on. the economy has being sucked out of the neighborhoods. go on broadway almost all the shops are boarded up. lots of unemployment. beggars of all colors everywhere heating you up for change. ol boy the truth of the matter is that the place has become depressed. and that breeds lots of angry people and cops. mayor daley tried to balance the budget and he has a 400 million dollar deficit in the budget. guess what he proposed ? they will get all the money from drivers. popos have being alerted. if you car is in the wrong place. like 10 diff popos will call each other and will each place tickets on ya car. thats 10 tickets. then a new law, after you get 2 tickets ya car gets booted. only 2 tickets. dude popos is out on the streets issuing tickets on the smallest infractions. ya car better be perfect because if one of ya light is not working guess what ? you owe the city 50 bucks. read this

ol boy i live this everyday. all popos is out to cover the budget deficit for daley. just park ya car in the wrong place for 2 secs, when you come back you will see like 10 tickets on it. read those 2 links especially the second one. its tough out here for the average joe. 10 tickets is 750 bucks. pay it or forfeit ya car. city will sell ya car.

From what you have just said, why would u have to park your car in a wrong place, it is called violating the law, so u dont blame the govt for that, but blame ya own judgement.
The economy has gone down everywhere in da world, so it is not not chicago, even USA as a nation is owing trillions, so nothing new.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

From what you have just said, why would u have to park your car in a wrong place, it is called violating the law, so u don't blame the govt for that, but blame ya own judgement.
The economy has gone down everywhere in da world, so it is not not chicago, even USA as a nation is owing trillions, so nothing new.
its not registering with you bruh ? they are proactively searching for people to give tickets. if you park just an inch out of the no parking area, maybe its just the nose of ya car sticking out, 750 bucks gee. if you have a slight crack on ya windshield (they got me for that one. slight unoticeable crack and when i got downstairs ticket was sitting on the car telling me to go fix it and pay the city 25 bucks. lol dude u just don't know. this aint a case of bad luck. its everywhere. i even got off lightly. i know dudes who have coughed up close to 3gs this yr alone in tickets.
i know cab drivers who have driven round all day and made themselves 100 bucks only for one ticket to wipe out the sweat and blood of 12 hours of driving. hey economy aint good gee. some of us survive nicely under the depressed economy but alot don't. it is what it is.
me i cannot survive under such pressure cooker environment. which is why i am taking my black ass home grin grin grin make i go eat suya everyday inside paid for house no property tax, dey do my jollof dey go grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

its not registering with you bruh ? they are proactively searching for people to give tickets. if you park just an inch out of the no parking area, maybe its just the nose of ya car sticking out, 750 bucks gee. if you have a slight crack on ya windshield (they got me for that one. slight unoticeable crack and when i got downstairs ticket was sitting on the car telling me to go fix it and pay the city 25 bucks. lol dude u just don't know. this aint a case of bad luck. its everywhere. i even got off lightly. i know dudes who have coughed up close to 3gs this yr alone in tickets

Fine, then, learn how to park well, and make sure the nose of ur ride is turked well.
make sure u fix all cracks on the windshield.
make sure u dont waste money anyhow bro, it is abt the law, if u dont know the law, get the constitution that surronds vehicle and drivers in chicago and read well, and you follow it, and you will be fine
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

lool when last have yall being to chitown ? the place is different now on. the economy has being sucked out of the neighborhoods.

Which neighborhood? This same Chicago? I hate to disappoint you but I am in the same Chicago.

buzugee:

go on broadway almost all the shops are boarded up. lots of unemployment. beggars of all colors everywhere heating you up for change. ol boy the truth of the matter is that the place has become depressed. and that breeds lots of angry people and cops.

I was on broadway most all day Saturday and I am sorry to tell you that I still do not see what you are talking of. I was able to park and feed my meter with no boots applied. You see how perception dey work here?

buzugee:

mayor daley tried to balance the budget and he has a 400 million dollar deficit in the budget. guess what he proposed ? they will get all the money from drivers. popos have being alerted. if you car is in the wrong place. like 10 diff popos will call each other and will each place tickets on ya car. thats 10 tickets. then a new law, after you get 2 tickets ya car gets booted. only 2 tickets. dude popos is out on the streets issuing tickets on the smallest infractions. ya car better be perfect because if one of ya light is not working guess what ? you owe the city 50 bucks. read this

ROFLMAO!!! First off. Why park where you know you are not supposed to? You can park in so many car parks out there or metered areas all over the town. What is this? SCARE TACTICS?  What World do you live in?

buzugee:

Why PARK YOUR CAR in the wrong places? Do you know that it is people like me you inconvenience when you do that? See me see wahala… so you park your car in the wrong place and expect not to be hassled? Na only me dey see this?? Why BREAK THE LAW and EXPECT TO GET AWAY WITH IT?

people dey ride train and bus everyday for a reason. Do you think those people are stupid? If you don't know how to obey parking rules, may I suggest you leave your car at home, take public transport like the rest of us do. You can find good parking at the train station.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Which neighborhood? This same Chicago? I hate to disappoint you but I am in the same Chicago.

I was on broadway most all day Saturday and I am sorry to tell you that I still do not see what you are talking of. I was able to park and feed my meter with no boots applied. You see how perception dey work here?

ROFLMAO!!! First off. Why park where you know you are not supposed to? You can park in so many car parks out there or metered areas all over the town. What is this? SCARE TACTICS? What World do you live in?

Why PARK YOUR CAR in the wrong places? Do you know that it is people like me you inconvenience when you do that? See me see wahala… so you park your car in the wrong place and expect not to be hassled? Na only me dey see this??

people dey ride train and bus everyday for a reason. Do you think those people are stupid? If you don't know how to obey parking rules, may I suggest you leave your car at home, take public transport like the rest of us do.
no need to argue with you. you like to argue just for arguing sake. i am sure everyone on nairaland knows that so ermm aint gonna reply to ya grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

no need to argue with you. you like to argue just for arguing sake. i am sure everyone on nairaland knows that so ermm aint going to reply to ya grin grin grin

This is not about arguement, it is the fact, cos with all u have said so far, i will give u a ticket too, if you park anyhow on Nairaland.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

no need to argue with you. you like to argue just for arguing sake. i am sure everyone on nairaland knows that so ermm aint going to reply to ya grin grin grin

OOOHH!!! Now that I have provided evidence to show that you may be making most all this up in your head, it is now time to attack me by claiming I like to argue? I hate to disappoint you dude, but you seem the cause of your situation. I have NEVER seen Police JAIL and I have never been pulled over by the COPS and harrassed like you claim the police in Chicago do. So, it is clear that this is not really about the Chicago police but about your case, maybe being one of the few out there but you somehow push it as the GENERAL case, which it is NOT.

And like I mentioned earlier, you may need to go get your head washed in the river or something. Police always on your neck, is, according to tradition signs of some bad vibes on your person.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2008
like i said yesterday you and kobojunkie approach the issues of the world with the uptight rigid perspective off a geek. all black and white and no shades of grey inbetween like WTF KINDA ANSWER IS WELL YOU SHOULDNT PARK ANYWHERE WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL ? do you guys even live in this world we live in ? are you guys alive ? cuz yall sound like stiffs. this is real life HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everything doesnt always go according to plan, stuff happens, stuff beyond your control, like ya light might die on you or you have a job interview that is supposed to last 30 minutes and you feed the meter for an hour ( cuz it wouldnt let you feed it for more than that time period ) and somehow you overshoot the hour and run out and there is ticket sitting on ya car, stuff happens but i guess arguing with you guys is like arguing with a bunch of stiff guys whose life is so regimented that nothing ever goes out of place. abeggggg make better people come make i get real discussion with folks who know what it is like to live in the real world.  grin grin make una comot for road make i see better people
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

like i said yesterday you and kobojunkie approach the issues of the world with the uptight rigid perspective off a geek. all black and white and no shades of grey inbetween like WTF KINDA ANSWER IS WELL YOU SHOULDNT PARK ANYWHERE WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL ? do you guys even live in this world we live in ? are you guys alive ? because yall sound like stiffs. this is real life HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everything doesnt always go according to plan, stuff happens, stuff beyond your control, like ya light might die on you or you have a job interview that is supposed to last 30 minutes and you feed the meter for an hour ( because it wouldnt let you feed it for more than that time period ) and somehow you overshoot the hour and run out and there is ticket sitting on ya car, stuff happens but i guess arguing with you guys is like arguing with a bunch of stiff guys whose life is so regimented that nothing ever goes out of place. abeggggg make better people come make i get real discussion with folks who know what it is like to live in the real world. grin grin make una comot for road make i see better people

my guy, they knew pple like u will break the law and that was why they attach some money to the crime u have commited, without the fine, how would they pay the popo tagging ur cars.
secondly, if what you have gone for is interview, sorry, next time, take a cab, if u get tagged, cos u vehicle wont move, go to court and fight the ticket, but still, u yet to show me that u get some tix due to the fault of others, but i still blv it has all been a fault of urs.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OOOHH!!! Now that I have provided evidence to show that you may be making most all this up in your head, it is now time to attack me by claiming I like to argue? I hate to disappoint you dude, but you seem the cause of your situation. I have NEVER seen Police JAIL and I have never been pulled over by the COPS and harrassed like you claim the police in Chicago do. So, it is clear that this is not really about the Chicago police but about your case, maybe being one of the few out there but you somehow push it as the GENERAL case, which it is NOT.

And like I mentioned earlier, you may need to go get your head washed in the river or something. Police always on your neck, is, according to tradition signs of some bad vibes on your person.

lol
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

like i said yesterday you and kobojunkie approach the issues of the world with the uptight rigid perspective off a geek. all black and white and no shades of grey inbetween like WTF KINDA ANSWER IS WELL YOU SHOULDNT PARK ANYWHERE WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL ? do you guys even live in this world we live in ? are you guys alive ? because yall sound like stiffs. this is real life HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO everything doesnt always go according to plan, stuff happens, stuff beyond your control, like ya light might die on you or you have a job interview that is supposed to last 30 minutes and you feed the meter for an hour ( because it wouldnt let you feed it for more than that time period ) and somehow you overshoot the hour and run out and there is ticket sitting on ya car, stuff happens but i guess arguing with you guys is like arguing with a bunch of stiff guys whose life is so regimented that nothing ever goes out of place. abeggggg make better people come make i get real discussion with folks who know what it is like to live in the real world.  grin grin make una comot for road make i see better people

OH NOW we are GEEKS? Great!! I applaud the police for tagging your butt!!! and I hope they suck even more from your corny butt to pay for good roads and the train I ride daily to work. LMAO!!!

better go ask your village people who tag you with juju. Telling me the real world is where people break the law and expect to get away with it. Now it all makes sense. No wonder you have yet to state actual factual from page one on here. Living in YOUR REAL WORLD, now it all makes sense.!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2008
you know how many times i try to go into a shop to get something quick but i have being driving round the block for like 30 minutes because no parking spot is open and then all off a sudden you are like MEN FORK THIS LEMME PARK HERE REAL QUICK AND RUN INSIDE AND GET THIS STUFF and then you quickly park illegally and run inside to get what you need. i guess stuff like that never happens to regimented PERFECT LIFE having folk like yall. cheesy arguing with kobojunkie is like arguing with a brick. never again lol grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OH NOW we are GEEKS? Great!! I applaud the police for tagging your butt!!! and I hope they suck even more from your corny butt to pay for good roads and the train I ride daily to work. LMAO!!!

better go ask your village people who tag you with juju. Telling me the real world is where people break the law and expect to get away with it. Now it all makes sense. No wonder you have yet to state actual factual from page one on here. Living in YOUR REAL WORLD, now it all makes sense.!!

u sure cracking me up
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

you know how many times i try to go into a shop to get something quick but i have being driving round the block for like 30 minutes because no parking spot is open and then all off a sudden you are like MEN FORK THIS LEMME PARK HERE REAL QUICK AND RUN INSIDE AND GET THIS STUFF and then you quickly park illegally and run inside to get what you need. i guess stuff like that never happens to regimented PERFECT LIFE having folk like yall. cheesy arguing with kobojunkie is like arguing with a brick. never again lol grin

and do u know now long the popo have been sitting there looking for cars to tag, and u park ur car illegally, and they say F8uck it let us tag this begro, my guy, all we saying is, if it is not right dont do it, else, you will pay for it.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2008
At least thank God na jst tagging, they will soon, start towing ur car, cos i am sure if they run a report on u for tickets, you will flood their screen.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

YOU no even serious. I am here. I dey take train to even go exercise in the park, You dey here complaining? Are you and that car of yours inseparable?  See me see wahala. You live in a city with great public transit system, you dey complain about how you have to park your PRECIOUS car illegally to go to pick something from the store. Dude, I deal with the same but I drive around to find good parking spot still. Geez, we had to drive around GAY central for over an hour to find place to park last weekend as well. It is what happens when you live in a city with so many cars. You still have to obey the law.

Infact, tell me your car license number. I go call popo, tell them say you be illegal parker so make them they check your car every 30 minutes. Free money for the city right there. LMAO!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OH NOW we are GEEKS? Great!! I applaud the police for tagging your butt!!! and I hope they suck even more from your corny butt to pay for good roads [size=14pt]and the train I ride daily to work.[/size] LMAO!!!

i see what the problem is now. you cant relate because you cant drive and dont drive lol be sitting on the bus and train with all off chicagos nut jobs and broke folks  cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

i see what the problem is now. you can't relate because you can't drive and don't drive lol be sitting on the bus and train with all off chicagos nut jobs and broke folks cheesy cheesy

u sure not reading him right, all he is saying is park the car sometimes and take the better way, safe on gas and safe the planet too.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

u sure cracking me up
it sure dont take alot to crack you up. are you a simpleton by any chance ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2008
buzugee:

i see what the problem is now. you can't relate because you can't drive and don't drive lol be sitting on the bus and train with all off chicagos nut jobs and broke folks  cheesy cheesy

Dude, here is the equation.

1) Gas is over $4 a gallon
2) Parking in the city is about $25 a day
3) Even at that price it is scarce
4) Driving in traffic takes about an hour and a half if you are not careful

When you put two and two together, you realize that when living in a city like Chicago that has great public transport system, taking the train is not a bad idea. I not only save money but save myself the headache of looking for parking space every day. I drive my car around on the weekends when I have to. Take the train one day and see the caliber of people who ride the train, and you may understand why trying to put people who choose to ride the train down is not really a good idea. All that ego crap we dey carry as naija no apply here.

Parking your car at the train station is only $30 bucks a month.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

u sure not reading him right, all he is saying is park the car sometimes and take the better way, safe on gas and safe the planet too.
dude my moves are multidimensional. train can never work for me. i will have to change train like 10 times in a day for my runs. totally not worth the hassle. trains in chi go unilateral.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2008
@Buzugee!

Na by force say make you live oyinbo land ni?Abeg carry your kaya go NIgeria joo,make we hear word for hear ohh! or beha still go back to your gated community grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Dude, here is the equation.

1) Gas is over $4 a gallon
2) Parking in the city is about $25 a day
3) Even at that price it is scarce
4) Driving in traffic takes about an hour and a half if you are not careful

When you put two and two together, you realize that when living in a city like Chicago that has great public transport system, taking the train is not a bad idea. I not only save money but save myself the headache of looking for parking space every day. I drive my car around on the weekends when I have to. Take the train one day and see the caliber of people who ride the train, and you may understand why trying to put people who choose to ride the train down is not really a good idea. All that ego crap we dey carry as naija no apply here.

Parking your car at the train station is only $30 bucks a month. i haer ya but in a day i have about 10 or more places to go ranging from as far as hyde park to evanston. and lincoln park, wicker park old town etc. train or bus will never work for me. its not a naija thing at all. the buses only go up and down one street.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2008
train and bus cannot work for me. my waka in a day too plenty.  grin anyway sha i wan see if them fit give me CAPS sticker make i put am for boot. so when popo see me then go know say i dey support them. lol  grin who get CAPS sticker HOLLA AT YA BOY
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2008
ty4real:

@Buzugee!

Na by force say make you live oyinbo land ni?Abeg carry your kaya go NIgeria joo,make we hear word for hear ohh! or beha still go back to your gated community grin grin grin grin grin
you aint gotta ask me twice  grin grin grin i dey pack potmato as we dey speak sef. make i enta gidi make i dey chop suya while you dey chop casserole and black pudding  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari In India / Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.