Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,122 members, 7,960,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 04:11 AM

Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? (14172 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / When Dating A Nigerian Man What Should An American Woman Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nubian(m): 3:21am On Mar 27, 2006
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by omogenaija(f): 3:42am On Mar 27, 2006
whats wrong ? why that face ??
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by rikkyjen(m): 4:36am On Mar 27, 2006
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by princeonx: 6:00am On Mar 27, 2006
Sure you don't want to put these in a Disc? cux with all that chapters and parts e go easy pass to watch or listen to! abi?
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Mazi(m): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2006
@papermoon,

Sorry for all the trouble you went thru. If the man were African, he probably would have married you, so you wouldn't have been a mistress for long.

You have to look Africanwards next time you want a married man. grin

Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by pearl2(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2006
That was a truly gripping story.
Dating a married man under any guise despite his lies,is not just wrong, it's a sin against God,yourself,and the man's family.
It's a seed who nobody can say what it would grow to.A honest life experience such as this should serve as a lesson,but would it?
Whatsoever a man/woman sows that he /she would also reap.
Thanks Papermoon.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by ono(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2006
@pearl2: It should. Except in a situation where we are dealing with a stonehearted demon.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by papermoon(f): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2006
@LARGER 20.are you trying to say that if you were caught in the situation you would revenge?, revenge on WHICH girl, ME?, honey, i didnt post my story on there for close-minded "righteous" guns to take a swing at me okay?, i posted it for people GENUINELY caught in the situation to OPEN THEIR MINDS, AND LEARN, i honestly dont know how many times i gotta repeat that.and if you get caught in that situation, go ahead and revenge, OOOPS, i guess that type of thing cant happen to you now,

@OMOGE02863,2CANTANGO,LOVENA,TASNC, glad to know there are still some open minded people out there, thanks guys, thats was the whole point as to why i opened up, and if one girl or guy walks away from a self destructive situation after readin my story then i believe i have achieved something, thanks again guys for the wonderful words.

@NUBIAN, any particular reason for the angry facesor my "story" offended you in any way??.just asking,
@RIKKYJEN, also any reason for the embarrassed faces, i like it when people have things to say they say it,

@MAZI, you are funny, abi o, if he were african, maybe he just might have married me, abeg o, i learnt my lesson, second best is no longer an option with me, and thank GOD, im with someone else now, and we are going stronger by the day, grin

@PRINCE_ONX, ur point is?

@PEARL2, very very true words, everything we do as humans is just planting a seed,be it good or bad, it will always come back at a point, . .and im glad all things turned out they way they did, i have two lovely sons and i couldnt be happier, thanks girl,

@ONO, "stonehearted demon". wink, lets hope a "stonehearted" demon reads this and gets touched in one way or the other, and if not i guess as he/she makes their bed so shall they lay on it,
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by chinani(f): 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2006
@ Papermoon

Now, I hope you're getting this 1st draft ready girl. wink
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by rikkyjen(m): 5:30am On Mar 28, 2006
papermoon, Good job, guess ma smileys were messed up,obviously it was a mistake,i wanted to put the cry smileys.nywayz its been modified.Hmmm,you did a great job and i must commend ur frankness!!!,its rare,i must admit,if people will bring out the skeletons in their cupboard to share with people,no ones is gonna fall in the same doldroms twice
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by pearl2(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2006
Thanks Papermoon,am actually a 'boy'

[quote][/quote]
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by twinstaiye(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2006
Going into a relationship with a married man is a risk in itself. You either go for the cash, for the caring or you go for love. In either two however, it is win or lose. Your story will still not stop others from starting a relationship with a married man, because one man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nightrider: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm

soap opera.( esp the part where you put his dying hand on your tummy) soap opera.
i think you should get a job as a screen writer.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by papermoon(f): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2006
@RIKKYJEN, as usual its always one love grin
@PEARL2, LOL, sorry about the mix up, didnt know you are a man,
@NIGHTRIDER, atimes i honest to GOD wish it were a soap opera, then at the end of each recording i can step off the set and go back to living a life where it was all different but i guess thats how things were just meant to be, wink
@TWINSTAIYE, anyone that wishes to go ahead and date married men/women, its a free world, all i know is that its easy to claim love,cash or caring as your reason, whatever the case, it all comes back.yeah one mans meat is another mans poison, i guess because some steal and get caught and others steal and havent been caught yet, does that make stealing okay??because some fall in the proportion of those that seemingly still have it smooth and havent been caught??
@CHINANI, girl for real, i got this story on a major lockdown, spoke to my mum about putting it out,but she is telling me to hang on till the twins are at an age when i can discuss with them,when i can actually make them understand what happened,and then me and them can decide.my mum thinks it will be unfair of me to just bring out my kids "history" into the open without getting their approval first, what do u think?but all the same, i spend my nights now typing away furiously and getting every detail about the past into order,

anyhoo, anyone who wants to learn fine, anyone who doesnt wanna learn, fine, as i said before, as we all make our beds so shall we lay on it,

that aside, how was your day people??
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by cutiepie18(f): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2006
wow ~tears with moi reading ur story.gurl i don't even know wat to say,but dat shyt be getting on my nerves with married man trying to stalk teenage gurlz like they are some senseless animal i mean come on now they probably have a daughther our age or a little younger how would they feel finding out someone is doing that to their daughter,datz y i don't be trusting none of those naija married men i mean some of them are kool don't get me wrong but most of them are just plain nasty~ .
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by CalabarMan(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Papermoon, Wow that is a hot gist.

To tell you the truth girls dating married men is actually the norm for "runs" girls on our campuses, every runs girl has a collection of married men she dates and visits on alternating weekends, I know this because most of my friends are married and a great number of them have "smallees" by the side. I am quite sure there are a lot of such girls on this site but being the nigerians they are, would rather pretend, become hypocrites and condemn those who do it. How many of our campus girls can actually afford the cloths and luxury items then have in their rooms. Single guys don't spend very much money on girls but married men would spare no expenses to make a girl comfortable. Anyway I hope some would learn from your gist.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by larger20(m): 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2006
CalabarMan:

@Papermoon, Wow that is a hot gist.

To tell you the truth girls dating married men is actually the norm for "runs" girls on our campuses, every runs girl has a collection of married men she dates and visits on alternating weekends, I know this because most of my friends are married and a great number of them have "smallees" by the side. I am quite sure there are a lot of such girls on this site but being the nigerians they are, would rather pretend, become hypocrites and condemn those who do it. How many of our campus girls can actually afford the cloths and luxury items then have in their rooms. Single guys don't spend very much money on girls but married men would spare no expenses to make a girl comfortable. Anyway I hope some would learn from your gist.

I agree with everything u said,
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by chinani(f): 2:48am On Mar 29, 2006
That's an important decision. I almost NEVER listen to my mom, but if your mom is your adviser and ya'll are close then I think you should listen to her. Everyone needs and/or has someone who's close enough to know what's best and yet can see things we can't b/c they're different. Yeah. But, you can always write now b/c drafts can take more time than expected. And then there's the "in laws" (your deceased's family). Honestly by the time you write it and then fend off any lawsuits (though I knock on wood they sound like a tough bunch who aren't keen on you), you're boys might have boys. Hopefully not.
But never forget how you feel about the subject. A subject like this & a life like yours, ppl are gonna hate whether your sons are 7 or 77. Some ppl always have something to say. A few months ago Anderson Cooper seemed half impressed and half embarrassed when he was asked about his mother (Gloria Vanderbilt's) memoir/autobio & Anderson's in his 40s now. It comes w/ the territory; it's part of being human. I'd just walk w/ my eyes open. Listen to your mother. And if the feelings/yearning to publish it sooner persists then you know that that is what you truly want.
Do what's best for you b/c what's best for you is best for your boys.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by baby4u2(f): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2006
madam one question though. if the guy married u, would u have still been regreting what u did?
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nightrider: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2006
baby4u2:

madam one question though. if the guy married u, would u have still been regreting what u did?

fantastic question
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by papermoon(f): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2006
@BABY4U2, a man who said to me he had a marriage to work on OBVIOUSLY had no plans of marriage.and even if by any stroke of ill luck i had gone ahead to marry him, some of us happen to develop a conscience along the way, and i know i would at some stage have stepped back and asses what i had done.because in all reality,and no matter how nice i might have wanted to cushion it and sugar coat it,if i had married him i sure as hell must have contributed to the break up of his first marriage, and men like that only ever upgrade their wives with seasons, last i heard,his new fiancee is a 21 year old "face of the moment" . so i just wonder if things were still okay,probability we might be married,and then he will visit another fundraiser,and meet another model/actress/celebutante or whatever.AND THEN START DATING HER?IN THAT INSTANCE,HOW DARE I CRY FOUL PLAY the yorubas have exactly the proverb for it, something about the cane used in disciplining the first wife,that the second/new wife has hers somewhere near, (i cant really remember).I AM GLAD TO THE HIGHEST HEAVENS THINGS CRUMBLED THE WAY THEY DID, grin

@CALABARMAN, one of the most honest replies i have read so far.you are right, if a lot of people quit being such hypocrites and open up more,then we would have less judgemental people.even as i write,i got cousins in universities in nigeria who think following aristos is the deal, and when i tell them to chill they think im just crying cus i spilt my own milk ages ago, but guess what, more often than not they always get out of it burnt,and then think they have been cheated(and im like are these girls nuts),some change,but others get so accustomed to the lifestyle they had been exposed to that they just cannot walk away from the easy life a loaded married man can offer. thanks for such a deep way of looking at things.

@CHINANI, girl are you psychic??my exact situation, from the "inlaws", to people who are just willing to hate and wear the garb of judge and jury everytime.but i know as long as i still have breath in me,this story will see light of day. grin
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by gem87(f): 7:50pm On Mar 29, 2006
dating a married man is not illegal but immoral nut it's wrong no matter how u look at it. because the lady won't like it if her husband ws cheatin as well
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by larger20(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2006
gem87:

dating a married man is not illegal but immoral nut it's wrong no matter how u look at it. because the lady won't like it if her husband ws cheatin as well

It is illegal in the united states to date married people but people ignore it anyways. If u decide to start catching, u will catch all the married men and women in the united , visit true.com

http://www.true.com/magazine/saferdating_prosecute.htm
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by beyunce(f): 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2006
Am sure you know already that dating a married man is wrong.
As i have said before no matter the circumstances that were dere, there were also chances to leave the relationship.
YOU ALL SHOULD NT FORGET KARMA EXIST
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by gem87(f): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2006
i agree with beyunce, i just can't consider it acceptable
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by idiotboop(f): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2006
UNbelievable, TOTALLY unbelievable.

One of you is lying and i suspect its the man. He was probably a Binman feeding you a load of garbage.
Wake up and smell the coffee, don't you know that men will say you look like anybody if it means getting a leg over?
Unless you're telling porkies because alot of your story don't add up.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nightrider: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2006
well i'm not sure sha, i think i've read a post somewhere else wher she said she loved her twins. so the story might be true. but it's so dramatic it's like a soap opera( especially that part of the dying hand on the tummy) grin

but as they say" truth is stranger than fiction
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by idiotboop(f): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2006
@nightrider all i mean is maggi and pepper dey inside.

£20,000 to pay off major news media in London? doubt it very much. if he is Italian multi millionaire and the affair was of media interest to the people of the UUK then i ddon'tthink £20 grand would do a good job of silencing them. The Beckhams can't even do that with all their money.

It's all the bits in between that don't up and sound like she's bigging herself up. Good story , too many discrepancies. See too often in this nairaland some people tell tales that leave you speechless. People want to show how much their daddies earn, how they are so gangster,how they are so fineeee, how they are so rich, how they are so this and that. Someone said once''people say i am aje butter'' in their post, all i could say to myself was if she was, she won't need to say it. Don't get me wrong some are real rich and all that. But we Nigerians like to act like what we not, i see it when i go to Nigeria on holiday people going round rubbing peopl's noses in their western gear. It all bullocks. Living beyond your means.

Be real is what i say, humility goes a long way.Nigerians are obsessed with material things. Some smart person is going to say may be i am poor or ''hating'', angryhate that word. far from it. As long as I got good health, happiness, friends, family and satisfaction within yourself i am a happy bunny. Too much preoccupation with status its boring.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nightrider: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm, true talk but then agian what has she got to gain by bigging herself up. Nobody knows her here. the web is anonymous. And if she does have twins and she named them in her story then maybe it's true cuz why would she lie with her twins names in it.

well like you say sha maggi and pepper fit dey inside to prop it up. but basically i'm sure most of it or almost all of it is true.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by papermoon(f): 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2006
@BETTYBOOP, interesting how someone who knows zilch about me or where im coming from decides to take it upon herself to belittle or make light of where im coming from or what i have been through.where do you want me to start to begin to tell you what the UK media is all about?or maybe if i tell you my boyfriend happens to be an accountant to a lot of the STARS(that might be maggi and pepper too abi??)and because he happens to be that accountant, i can get on here and tell you zillions of stories of the dirty things the celebrities actually happen to HIDE.(AND BECAUSE THEY HIDE IT THAT MAKES THEM LESS IMPORTANT?)YOU MEASURE CELEBVILLE BY THE BECKHAMSmaybe what you fail to realise is that people would rather read about the beckhams than foreign spoilt italian millionaire playing around, or you think ALL you read in the papers is where it ends and begins in the shameless world of the rich?? so if some irritating pesky HUNGRY journalist can be bribed with that amount of money that IM using to BIG myself up, and everyone gets happy, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY "some come online to tell tales that leave you speechless??
GIRL, DO YOU EVEN KNOW MEwhen i effing get on nairaland to share my own PERSONAL experience that i LIVE WITH EVERYDAY, its not for doubting thomases like you to belittle, GOT THAT??OR DO I NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF??
IF YOU ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO GET ON THE INTERNET TO COOK SOUPS FILLED WITH MAGGI AND PEPPER, THEN GOOD ON YOU, BUT SWEETHEART DONT PUT THAT ON ME,
i didnt have to mention my twins names??or is it until the friend that recommended nairaland to me gets online to CONFIRM MY MAGGI AND PEPPER STORY that you will then choose to believe??
maybe you go around doing that, you know, bigging yourself up, making up stories, but in all honesty thats your cup of hot brew,
when i mention stuff like,i tried to commit suicide,i been in rehab,i tried coke and lost my job, i dont see you getting on there and having a little tiff over it.(is it because those stories might not have had enough maggi and pepper)how typical, and DO I COME ACROSS AS THICK TO YOU??would i come on the internet and play the darkest periods of my life to total strangers.waste my time that could be spent doing something else like hanging with my precious sons, its even weird that you would think such sickos exist on here.
if im trying to stir s&*t by posting a controversial story thats different, but if i choose to tell what ive been through then do me a favour, either you read,let some bits of it sink or swim,give a constructive reply,or hush the heck up(no hard feelings of course wink
anybody reading my posts across this nairaland site would realise im one of the most open persons you can come across, if somethings about me,or i believe some other person would gain from it, i let it out.
how interesting also for YOU to notice DISCREPANCIES in MY own LIFE STORY?wow, next time i need to write something concerning ME, i just might holla at you to help me EDIT, or what do u think.
i dont need to get on nairaland to BIG myself up and make myslef to be who or what i am not.in whatever i am or have reached, im damn proud.and as long as i havent come up in your mug to BOAST or SHOW-OFF something i think that word BIG-UP in this situation is actually a very silly word to use, dont you think??

as i always say, theres something my mum always says, atimes bettyboop, if you dont have anything to say its better to keep quiet and be assumed a dum-dum than to open up and confirm all suspicions. grin

as for me, i can take a lot of things, but when it comes to making light of some things that mean a lot to me, i aint having none of that.
but hey girl, i dont blame you, at least if i wasnt too FORWARD as to post my story,u wouldnt have CONTRIBUTED SO WISELY.
and next time, just to make you happy, before i post any other post concerning my life or what not, ill get some people who know me to CONFIRM,AND TASTE THE WEB-SOUP SO THEN THEY WILL PASS IT ON TO U AND LET YOU KNOW ITS WITHOUT TOO MUCH MAGGI AND PEPPER.
HAVE A LOVELY DAY

@NIGHTRIDER, thanks exactly, why would i lie about THE BACKGROUND OF MY TWO INNOCENT BOYS??someone please help me ask miss smarty pants?? .thanks for that little should i say vote of confidence. grin
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by papermoon(f): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2006
@NIGHTRIDER, also i guess having my baby father put his hand on my belly is soap operaso what if i was posting a reply concerning maybe death??and i mentioned say when i lost my dad and after i fainted and woke up, and went in to see his dead body,i yelled at the doctor to please wake him up for me because i still had something to tell him, WOULD THAT QUALIFY AS SOAP OPERA ??or is it the fact that it was an affair/love/babies that was involved that made it a soap opera??guns on here are funny i swear, have a lovely day night rider.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by ramono(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2006
@PAPERMOON please cool down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Tell A Girl Its Over Without Hurting Her / Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? / Things Women Do Better Than Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.