Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,410 members, 7,961,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:58 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (299774 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2008
Chelsea Football Club can confirm it has agreed terms with Lokomotiv Moscow for the transfer of Branislav Ivanovic. A work permit application has also been successful for the player.

The transfer is now subject to the agreement of personal terms and passing of the medical

It's official. He's Landed. I was beginning to think we won't get him anymore especially when he started to have problems with his work permit since he hasn't played up to 70% of international matches for his country but he's given a work permit based on exceptional talent. He is here and he is ready to fire on.

Welcome to the Bridge.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by slimnike(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
This signing is not proper. We have enough defenders already. What a waste of money.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2008
slimnike:

This signing is not proper. We have enough defenders already. What a waste of money.

That's not true.  You need to understand club policy and decisions before you jump to conclusions like that. Also it is not about having enough defenders, it is about having quality defenders.

Secondly, you also have to inquire about the player before you conclude it's a waste of money. What if he's better than John Terry? So be it.

Back to club decison, Paulo ferreira is in the last year of his contract and the club has not renewed his contract . . . he is leaving in the summer. Belletti though is playing well is 31, 32 this year. . . that is very old for a defender in the premiership.

Tottenham are preparing an 8million pound bid for ben-haim(remember ben came on a free). Ok the club says why not allow him go and bring in a player better than him for the same transfer fee 8 million? Then pay him the same wages ben haim got or even less since he is coming from a lower league and he is younger, 23.  Nice move

Ferreira leaves in the summer and belletti is old, safest thing is bring in a player in the winter . . . he acts as an understudy and in six months time he is used to the premiership. Better than bringing him in the summer when fereira has gone and Ben is gone and belletti has burned all his energy in d season and suddenly you want him to play and get it right. So you see why he was signed.

And less I forget this guy can play throughout the defense line i.e RB,CB and LB which make him a Gallas. every team needs a Gallas.

Good signing, good foresight, good signing. . . . who says Grant can't manage?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by slimnike(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2008
One of the major problem we have in Chelsea is lack of player consitency. That was what they said when they wanted to sign Boularouz of blessed memory, that he can play anywhere around the back four. Where is he today? Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. We should just leave the defenders alone.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2008
slimnike:

One of the major problem we have in Chelsea is lack of player consitency. That was what they said when they wanted to sign Boularouz of blessed memory, that he can play anywhere around the back four. Where is he today? Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. We should just leave the defenders alone.

You can't run a football club like that. Because you bought an angel you don't know and then he truned out to be a devil then you become Market shy. No way. You continue to try. Manchester United won the league last season with in-form Saha, Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes. Guess what they spent over 60million pounds in the summer. It is not normal for champions to spend like that in the summer but they did. Because they keep trying to make the squad better.

Player consistency is great thing but it does not happen on its own. Left to the players alone they will sit down cross their legs and think they are the best in their positions and nothing can be done about it. That's where new players come in. It's not only about having a bloated squad, it's also about competion.

Passion could make a player have consistency. Competiton makes consistency last. New players bring in competition.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by AJITERU: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2008
You guys should not win nothing less than three trophies this season if not I'll regard you guys as ,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2008
nateevs:

Back to club decison, Paulo ferreira is in the last year of his contract and the club has not renewed his contract . . . he is leaving in the summer. Belletti though is playing well is 31, 32 this year. . . that is very old for a defender in the premiership. shocked shocked

that aint soo true
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2008
nateevs:

Player consistency is great thing but it does not happen on its own. Left to the players alone they will sit down cross their legs and think they are the best in their positions and nothing can be done about it. That's where new players come in. It's not only about having a bloated squad, it's also about competion.

Passion could make a player have consistency. Competiton makes consistency last. New players bring in competition.

understand uhere, but presently i think there'seven over-competition n that squad now.

NEW players might bring in competition but sometimes, they also need time to 'jell' with the team or otherwise, one would see an INDIVIDUAListic game rather thatn a TEAM game
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2008
Mustay:

that aint soo true

Mustay, I am a real belletti fan but I do not mistake his abilities. He is a great attacker but not so great on the defence, players like Ashley young, Rayn Babel, Agbonlahor will beat him flawlessly. so when I say he is old for the premiership. It is true. 

Mustay:

understand uhere, but presently i think there'seven over-competition n that squad now.

NEW players might bring in competition but sometimes, they also need time to 'jell' with the team or otherwise, one would see an INDIVIDUAListic game rather thatn a TEAM game

Actually, when I said competition, I meant older players will understand that they are not indispensible.  I hadn't touched the topic of jelling.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrStein(m): 12:42am On Jan 17, 2008
I find this disturbing! Drogba sent a come-and-get-me plea to Barcelona to well come and get him! How could he deprecate himself by asking to leave a club that not only patiently waited for him to find his game,but also put him on the pedestal of world class players!

Barcelona would welcome the Chelsea Hero, but there's a slight problem.Who the heck is he going to substitute? Eto'o? Henry? Ronaldinho? Deco? Xavi? Iniesta? Messi? Oh I get it! He would be the star striker for the Barcelona reserve team, silly of me to think the attacking maestro would not thrive in Barca. (You detect a whiff of whiplash, don't you?)

Pardon me my Chelsea compadres, but  I do hope Didier would not take a decision that could omit his existence in Chelsea folklore, but whatever happens all i can say is-Thanks for the memories Mr. Drogba
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lailai2(m): 1:50am On Jan 17, 2008
barca is a part of the culture clubs, chelsea is not
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dapsycool(m): 6:20am On Jan 17, 2008
Lai lai your id is self explanatory
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dapsycool(m): 6:21am On Jan 17, 2008
Lai lai your id is self explanatory
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2008
drogba leaving has stopped bothering me !
who cares if he doesn't come back after the ANC . it's never going to stop the club from playing football !
let him keep running his mouth angry
on the other had, it'll really be interesting to see who comes up with his transfer fee.
drogba don't look like one who'd leave for less than 30mil; how many people are going to pay over 30mil for him let's wait and see.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by coolkaboom(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2008
wormed-up, nateevs,
don't get me wrong, i never claimed Anelka was Spectacularly better.it's and established fact that Berbatov is special (if Spurs ever contemplated selling him, they'd be lookin 4 twice anelka-money) and i did mention i prefered him to Anelka too.but on d day, Anelka gave a good acct of himself , and i hav said i pray he continues to make nonesense of d form books.

emphasis on Prayer.even if he aint better, may he continue to outperform d others.he's our man now, bye bye to logical analysis.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by coolkaboom(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
HUMM, I quite welcome the new signing. i hope he works out perfectly but i am a little apprehensive about how he may fir in.i am also not so big on players who lay claim to being masters of all positions in d back 4.if we specifically needed a right full-back, why not go for the best available player in that position (danny alves of sevilla?) rather than someone who has RFB as an addendum to his CV.

i quite like Bellleti and he may be older than d likes of agbonlahor , but experience is priceless and he has often times demonstrated a keen ability to out-think them.i believe he has done enough this season to earn our trust and respect, age not-with-standing.

ferreira, touchy subject.i do admire his composure, but i think he never did manage to live up to d confidence Mourinho heaped on his shoulders.atimes, essien and even young lassana diara were preffered to him as RFB.i do wish him well.i pray we dont make d mistake of sellin him to a club that can hurt us like we sold gallas to arsenal.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
cool,
ivanovic, if he lives up to form and fitness, will always be better than a defined FB.
see how priceless essien was to us last season ? we need someone who can do that at the back.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
As long as he is a good defender, no prob,
Belleti can be converted to 7.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by coolkaboom(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
dont lets press d self-destruct button, disgruntled or happy, Drogba is an awesome asset 4 chelski and only our worst detractors would say to hell with him.granted that he may hav an ego d size of a huge pumpkin, but he has perhaps earned d right to be a bit arrogant.a drogba and anelka patnership will drive fear into any defence line.

even if he wants to leave, he has a contract to honor, and since d initialburst up, no one can question his loyalty to d cause.as a true professional, hes put aside his misgivings and soldiered on in an exemplary fashion.he still bleeds blue, lets hope he stays on beyond next season.even if he goes, we must get mad pepper for him.then get someone to fill his humongous shoes.

word.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2008
news trickling in says chelsea have been assigned the role of paying capello's wages.

expect us to be fined anytime a player asks any of the official, "how are ya ! "

widows might or assigned contribution ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ritchboy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2008
wormedup:

news trickling in says chelsea have been assigned the role of paying capello's wages.

expect us to be fined anytime a player asks any of the official, "how are ya ! "

widows might or assigned contribution ?

i dont get it
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2008
What the guy is saying is that, the rate in which FA fined CHELSEa this days is just frustrating & annoying. a time will come when non of chelsea player will talk to refree anymore.
ritchboy:

i don't get it
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by sagitarius(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2008
;d
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2008
Well if drogba desires to leave, then he leaves. It won't stop football at the club. There are several players that can deliver and also several up coming youngsters.

If he wants to leave then we better sell him this season and not the next. . . if we do we could cash in as much as 30million pounds. Plus the guy has really been value.

Anyways I heard we were talking to Milan and Barca about a straight swap for Messi or Kaka depending on which of them wants him.

My question is what if Real want him? Who do we get from them? ooops!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ritchboy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
why would milan or barca swap a 25 year old kaka(world player of the year) or a 20 year old messi(2nd best behind kaka) for a 29 or is it 30 year old drogba who migh flop?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by coolkaboom(m): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2008
@nateevs,

interesting picture u draw here.

nobody fits d battling ram drogba-esque mantra that didier epitomises but, now that he is no longer a man-utd player, i must confess i've always admired Van-Nistelroy for his finishing prowess.i dont think he's worth 30 mill though, maybe van plus plenty pepper.

same thing with messi, he's not quite d finnished article.i doubt he ever will because he lacks d physique to play consistently in a physically charged league.these premiership defenders will ensure he spends quality time with d medics.if it must happen, messi plus plenty pepper.

kaka?now, that's a promising scenario and any squad would be blessed to hav him.i doubt Milan would let him go.if mourinho is their coach-designate, u can be doubly sure he wont be moving nowhere near stamford bridge.besides, he is not a striker and we will need someone with proven goal-scoring prowess.

the only player that interests me is Eetoo of barca.he'll definitely score goals in any league.injuries have plagued him recently but a fit again eeto is a sure-banker.barca will be mad to sell him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cougar: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2008
ritchboy:

why would milan or barca swap a 25 year old kaka(world player of the year) or a 20 year old messi(2nd best behind kaka) for a 29 or is it 30 year old drogba who migh flop?

because chelsea is super-rich they can afford to get any player they want as long as a club is ready to sell. they got shevchenko, they can get anyone.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
ritchboy:

Because Milan do not have in-form strikers. Do you know what position they are in the league? They are 11th. You might say but they have just played 15 as opposed to other teams that have played 18. well cool, guess what? . . . they are 25 points behind league leaders inter.

Well that tells you is a world footballer without a good stirker only makes you a mid table team.

Having said tht. . . I am not saying either Milan or Barca will make such move. I am just saying they need strikers.

Cougar:

because chelsea is super-rich they can afford to get any player they want as long as a club is ready to sell. they got shevchenko, they can get anyone.

Well Chelsea is not rich. RA is rich.

@Coolkaboom

If drogba is not worth 30million, then we should sell him right now as he won't worth near what he is worth by the next season. Maybe I'm wrong. I am just taking a clue from Arsenal and selling Thierry Henry a season too late.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2008
:p
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2008
Hi all, came across news that Newcastle's new boss Keagan wants Shawn Wright Philips immediately. Wouldn't that take a short 'weight' off Chelsea's shoulders?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
tocdee:

Hi all, came across news that Newcastle's new boss Keagan wants Shawn Wright Philips immediately. Wouldn't that take a short 'weight' off Chelsea's shoulders?

Ummmmmmhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by seunbballo(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
They are worse than barbarians!!! I wouldn't call them anything better than a Dwarf!! They make too much noise about their team. Just play the game and get a result for your team rather than competing with the fans of other clubs. They do the same here in London-more worse. I almost punched a passer-by while walking on the street before he pleaded. He saw me put on a CHELSEA face cap and he chanted saying: You Pussy Holes.
He was lucky!!!
If any ARSENAL fan has problems with CHELSEA club, they should settle it when playing in the stadium with CHELSEA home or away. And chant whatever insult of bullshit they wanna say.
But when u are out of the stadium, its all over, put your hatred in your pocket and wait for another tie with CHELSEA. Rather than provoking fans or people who just wear CHELSEA's Merchandise for fun.

Be Very Careful-Gunners Fans(Its only a Game)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.