Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,885 members, 7,962,870 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. - Culture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (188076 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictorial History Of Northern Nigeria / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:11am On Oct 23, 2008
For Eferrrrry bodi

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 3:11am On Oct 23, 2008
and someone is telling me, people no dey climb mountain cheesy

Nice pics ooo

but nothing go make me go live for village! grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:13am On Oct 23, 2008
After a Swim, a visit to the wildlife museum

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:19am On Oct 23, 2008
Lmao! I thought you are the adventurous type ooh. Wetin do village living? No car horn to wake you up, no next door naming making noise. You will be one with nature, infact your closest neighbour will be. . .

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 3:21am On Oct 23, 2008
Loving the pix kiss kiss kiss

Is that MC and baby jinx? smiley grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:22am On Oct 23, 2008
No lining up at the stores to buy

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:23am On Oct 23, 2008
Beads of iri iri cala cala

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:25am On Oct 23, 2008
*Morenike:

Loving the pix kiss kiss kiss

Is that MC and baby jinx? smiley grin

Lmao! MC ke. . . I just found out he might not be Nigerian talk more of Hausa sef, you want my papa to kaishe ni?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 3:28am On Oct 23, 2008
That's what we hear until she secretly elopes with him

anywhoooooooo, am loving the scenery! I'd love to visit the north one day, but no offense, I cherish my life. Even Lagos scares me!
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 3:34am On Oct 23, 2008
lol

Mehn, that Croc gather ooh. shocked

Mehn, i can live anywhere sha

aqs far as there is internet, good food and proper toilet
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:36am On Oct 23, 2008
Bwahahahahahahaha! I promise you, the North is so peaceful. . . apart from all the killings, I mean. (I kid, I kid). Seriously, though you know how the bad things are always maginified a 1000 times? That's how it is.  

Lagos scares everyone. The first time I visited Lagos, I was traumatized. Everyone was just yayayaya. . . so in your face, no personal space or anything like that. What was even more shocking was the way my mom changed right in front of our eyes, suddenly she was this loud woman. . . shouting all over the place in the car. My younger brother and I were like "What the. . .  shocked? She laughed so hard, she still talks about it today.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:37am On Oct 23, 2008
Gamine:

lol

Mehn, that Croc gather ooh. shocked

Mehn, i can live anywhere sha

aqs far as there is internet, good food and proper toilet

Lol, we will run cable for you through the mud walls. grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by omoge(f): 3:40am On Oct 23, 2008
thanks for my warer fall. seun should organize Nairalanders warer fall swim i will provide free speedo and bikini.

honestly, i long to swim in a fall.

thanks for those hut. i will love to live there someday. that tree in a house looks like a mango tree. am hungry of sheree mango
Gamine, you were in that village and snapped the pix right?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 3:41am On Oct 23, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Bwahahahahahahaha! I promise you, the North is so peaceful. . . apart from all the killings, I mean. (I kid, I kid). Seriously, though you know how the bad things are always maginified a 1000 times? That's how it is.

Lagos scares everyone. The first time I visited Lagos, I was traumatized. Everyone was just yayayaya. . . so in your face, no personal space or anything like that. What was even more shocking was the way my mom changed right in front of our eyes, suddenly she was this loud woman. . . shouting all over the place in the car. My younger brother and I were like "What the. . . shocked? She laughed so hard, she still talks about it today.
lmao!!! Actually, my mom spent a great amount of her yrs in the north, and she can speak hausa.
She lived in Abuja and Zaria, even did her church wedding in Zaria.

Am sorry, but she's always referring to ppl in the north as aboki. lol!

But I've never been to the North. arrrg! angry angry angry tongue

Baby Jinx:

Beads of iri iri cala cala
ohhhhhhhhh, I love beads!!!
esp stone beads.
I dnt like shiny jewelry such as gold or silver etc, but I loveeeeeeee stone beads tongue or beads of any kind.
esp those ileke idi beads cool cool cool My grandma has a bunch of those grin grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 3:43am On Oct 23, 2008
You are all taking about Gurasa, waina and Dambu. I need Fura da NoNo
What is Gurasa or Dambu? or Fura da NONO?

Is it that whitish stuff made from milk, what's it called? warri?

I lovedddd those kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Gamine(f): 3:49am On Oct 23, 2008
@Omoge

yeah i was in the village.

Believe me, it was one man that owned that village

All his wives and children had their own huts

When i tried snappin him, he said no.LOL

The mangoes are frickin cheap

eyah!

@Jinx.

LOL, thank God there is Wireless!
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 3:58am On Oct 23, 2008
@ Omoge
Ohhhh my God! Mango! We had a no man's gona at the back of our house, so all the kids on our streets used to go there for mangos and you know how the sweet and fresh ones are always at the top, right? Well of course, who else will be the fearless tree climber, if not me? My brothers used to be so proud that I could climb trees, race bikes and all that good stuff. I still have some scars on my body from falling down. . . after falling, I will pluck leave, wipe my blood off. . . seat under the tree and enjoy the unwashed mangos with my friends. When I get hope, I will be complaining of the serious stomach pains and body ache. . . Aaaah! fun times grin grin grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 4:11am On Oct 23, 2008
*Morenike:

lmao!!! Actually, my mom spent a great amount of her years in the north, and she can speak hausa.
She lived in Abuja and Zaria, even did her church wedding in Zaria.

Am sorry, but she's always referring to people in the north as aboki. lol!

But I've never been to the North. arrrg! angry angry angry tongue
ohhhhhhhhh, I love beads!!!
esp stone beads.
I dnt like shiny jewelry such as gold or silver etc, but I loveeeeeeee stone beads tongue or beads of any kind.
esp those ileke idi beads cool cool cool My grandma has a bunch of those grin grin

You even have history with the North and not just any part. . . my part. This is why you gotta visit, seriously. Don't worry about the Aboki stuff. . . everyone calls Hausa people that. At least it's not Omo Mola/Mala. . . like my cousins call us. LMAO!

I am not a big fan of beads. . . not with my kind of activity. Shiny jewelry, especially silver Bangles are more my style. I have about 23 on, right now. I've had this particular set for almost 6-7 years.

@ Gamine
Wireless ke?  Won't we need a receiving tower for that or are you forgetting this is village? We plan on running the cables all the way from the city. . . I just placed an order for 2 million feet cable oh.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 4:16am On Oct 23, 2008
You're from Zaria? Cooooooooooooooool smiley

Bangels!! omg! I dnt know how you ppl can wear those! they're so uncomfortable!!
It annoys me!! esp with the amnt of noise it makes.
The only jewelry I've been wearing for the past months are my earrings grin Nothing else! undecided

You still didn't answer my question na:
*Morenike:

What is Gurasa or Dambu? or Fura da NONO?

Is it that whitish stuff made from milk, what's it called? warri abi na wura?

I lovedddd those kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by KarmaMod(f): 4:19am On Oct 23, 2008
Yesterday she was from Kaduna. Tomorrow from Zambia

O ga for this international baby  tongue
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 4:21am On Oct 23, 2008
lmao!! se tooto ni, baby jinx?

baby jinx comes to me as a cat's name! jinxy jinx lol grin grin
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 4:37am On Oct 23, 2008
Rotflmao! Karmamod,  I've always said my grandmama was from Kaduna. . . Zaria.

Zambia ko, Zimbabwe ni. . . . Lmao! You slay me.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 4:56am On Oct 23, 2008
Ruby, this is Gurasa. . . it's flat bread.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/103745_Khubz_jpgd44a2eec711a9423edef29e1c0ad3b13

Fura de nunu is the drink they carry around in the calabash

www.nairaland.com/attachments/104408_19_jpge89666feb714ab9c3946f28f00c5d8c4

I don't know if Waina is like wara. . . but it is made with rice, yeast and something they call Kanwa, I don't know what the english name is. I'll try to find picture of it.
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 5:46am On Oct 23, 2008
Ruby, Kawan is Potash. . .
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Zambia ko, Zimbabwe ni. . . . Lmao! You slay me.

Sorry Off topic:

I was in Lusaka last year quite a nice place to visit. I did not enter deep into Zimbabwe but i was at the boarder.

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2008
Still off topic

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 10:07am On Oct 23, 2008
Still off topic

Still at the boarder

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Phemour: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2008
@MC USMAN, are u frm Dutse?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by MCUsman(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2008
PHEMOUR:

@MC USMAN, are u frm Dutse?

Gida Dubu to be precise. WHO U ?
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by Morenike3(f): 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2008
Na gode, baby jinx wink

@post

Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 4:34am On Oct 24, 2008
@ Morenike
Awww! Renny, that last picture is sooooo freaking cute. kiss

@ Usman
Usman, where exactly are you that you can't get past the borders? cheesy
Re: Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. by BabyJinx: 4:35am On Oct 24, 2008
Beauty in Aging

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Beautiful Faces Of Africa / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.