Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,072 members, 7,963,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:28 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (973810 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekeoma3650(m): 11:01am On Aug 21
Good morning All

My car is not speeding at all and electrician confirmed to be brainbox issue My electrician removed my car brain box and tried it in another car and same thing happened. That’s why he concluded that is the brain box and he’s saying brain box is 90k and has refused to give me the seller number to call and negotiate . Please how much for brain box in Lagos? How do I know the right one to buy?

04 Camry
4plug
My VIN number: 4T1BE30K84U811777
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kelvinmnet(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22
Hello Guru's in the house.
Please I need your help on my 07 Accord.
My DRL light (American Spec light as we popularly call it) is not working.
The fuse is ok and the bulbs are working fine.
I scanned and got the error code B1079.

Anyone with idea on how to get this fixed?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zub(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23
Hello House. Please I need advice on the correct engine oil and coolant with brand for Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 sport. I don't want to buy wrong oil. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 6:56am On Aug 24
Sheuns:

It’s a gear slippage problem. A sensor inside the gear is faulty. On YouTube it is fixable, but our mechanics here aren’t are careful as those abroad, so they’ll ask you to get a new gearbox.

That’s my advice for you as well. Don’t bother opening the transmission in hope of fixing it, try to save up and get a replacement.
I had a guy fix my gearbox of my 2005 accord. It turned out to be one of the smoothest shifting transmission I've ever owned. So much that, on a normal driving, I don't even know when it shifts into 2.
I e never had a bad experience with this particular guy. The only time it seemed he didn't do well, it turned out to be my ecu that was messing everything up.
I don't recommend transmission overhaul to people cos it is a gamble. But it is a gamble I will always do any day anytime without regrets.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 7:07am On Aug 24
Sheuns:

It can be any of these. Just try save up for a new gear while managing this one. If you decided to go for a fix, they may charge you over 100k and the gear may still pack up after a few weeks.

Also when going to buy the gear, I’ll advise you go with a trusted mechanic to get a decent one. Remember, the gear you’re also buying is used and you can’t be 100% sure how much life it has left in it.
This is exactly why I don't rush into buying a new transmission. It is also a gamble. You spend all that money to get what you are not even sure of. Even if it works, you don't know for how long it will work. You don't know what life is left on the fibres. But overhauling lets you know the internal condition of what you are driving. I normally use the opportunity to change every part that goes down with use, even if it is still usable. That way, you are basically using a new transmission if done well
I've had an experience in my 2000 accord when I changed my transmission 2 times in one month and still didn't have a smooth shift. I just sold the car off. Those transmission sellers will never tell you the truth. And come to think of it, a 2004 Honda Accord is 20years old. Remember that Honda doesn't do new transmission as replacements part. So even the good transmission you got is 20yrs old. What are the chances that it is still very good?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abbeyismo(m): 10:01am On Aug 24
zub:
Hello House. Please I need advice on the correct engine oil and coolant with brand for Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 sport. I don't want to buy wrong oil. Thank you.
5w30 Mobile 1 should be fine sir
As for the coolant you can get hyundia coolant in the market.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:26am On Aug 24
zub:

For all your oil needs contact my signature.. I import oil directly from the USA .....

We have Mobil 1 5w30. That is the correct oil for your 2015 Santa Fe ..... 58k per gallon

We have coolant. it is suitable for your car too

Coolant is 30k .. it is premix no need to add water. You need only 1 gallon. The coolant will last you at least 2yrs .. As long as you maintain the car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27
Macmilla:

This is exactly why I don't rush into buying a new transmission. It is also a gamble. You spend all that money to get what you are not even sure of. Even if it works, you don't know for how long it will work. You don't know what life is left on the fibres. But overhauling lets you know the internal condition of what you are driving. I normally use the opportunity to change every part that goes down with use, even if it is still usable. That way, you are basically using a new transmission if done well
I've had an experience in my 2000 accord when I changed my transmission 2 times in one month and still didn't have a smooth shift. I just sold the car off. Those transmission sellers will never tell you the truth. And come to think of it, a 2004 Honda Accord is 20years old. Remember that Honda doesn't do new transmission as replacements part. So even the good transmission you got is 20yrs old. What are the chances that it is still very good?
I think you mean buying used Transmission not New transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 10:34pm On Aug 27
erico2k2:

I think you mean buying used Transmission not New transmission.
Is there really a "new" transmission? Of course I meant used.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by erico2k2(m): 10:53pm On Aug 27
Macmilla:

Is there really a "new" transmission? Of course I meant used.
ofcos there is a new transmission, if you have the money and means

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 10:28am On Aug 28
erico2k2:

ofcos there is a new transmission, if you have the money and means
Not refurbished? For a 20yr old car? Made by who? Are you sure?
Anyways, I will not argue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phasic: 1:26pm On Aug 28
RIP Gazzuzz embarassed

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kelvinmnet(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28
Phasic:
RIP Gazzuzz embarassed

??
This is an expensive joke oooo, abeg!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Artistree: 2:02pm On Aug 28
Unfortunately it is not. Gazzuzz is dead...
kelvinmnet:

??
This is an expensive joke oooo, abeg!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthrelatedjo: 4:23pm On Aug 28
Ahhhhh
Y na...not this time gazzuz
Rip boss

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Emzedz: 4:43pm On Aug 28
Is it true.. gazzuzzz?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by erico2k2(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28
Macmilla:

Not refurbished? For a 20yr old car? Made by who? Are you sure?
Anyways, I will not argue.
A 20 year old car will def be refurbished with brand new parts. But for a much newer car it might be new.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by erico2k2(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28
Artistree:
Unfortunatel it is not. Gazzuzz is dead...
What happened to him? shocked shocked
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 5:47pm On Aug 28
Someone should tell me this is not true pls cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28
What happened to gazzuzz? cry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Exousiang01(m): 9:28pm On Aug 28
We are greatfull for the time he had with us
He was and He is a Nairaland Legend
R.I.P Boss

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Exousiang01(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28
Kingdemu:
Someone should tell me this is not true pls cry cry cry cry cry cry
Unfortunately he is.
No official statement from the family yet tho
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kingdemu: 10:15pm On Aug 28
Exousiang01:

Unfortunately he is.
No official statement from the family yet tho
May God rest his soul. Gazzuzz was indeed a good man. He touched a lot of lives, mine inclusive, in the very short stay he had with us. He'll surely be missed.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Change4dbeta: 11:48pm On Aug 28
What a great loss,such a great fellow,.May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
GAZZUZZ rest well.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fujiyama: 3:19am On Aug 29
sad

This thread hits differently now.

Journey well, Gazuzz.

Journey well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by codemaster2much: 7:47am On Aug 29
Macmilla:

I had a guy fix my gearbox of my 2005 accord. It turned out to be one of the smoothest shifting transmission I've ever owned. So much that, on a normal driving, I don't even know when it shifts into 2.
I e never had a bad experience with this particular guy. The only time it seemed he didn't do well, it turned out to be my ecu that was messing everything up.
I don't recommend transmission overhaul to people cos it is a gamble. But it is a gamble I will always do any day anytime without regrets.

Please can you share the gear guys number with me?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:08am On Aug 29
Gazzuzz was a good man, a selfless, detribalised Nigerian!
Your loss is an irreplaceable one and we all will greatly miss you.
May your gentle sound rest peacefully in eternity🙏🙏🙏

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 10:06am On Aug 29
codemaster2much:

Please can you share the gear guys number with me?
What are the chances that you are in Niger state?
Sharing the number is not the problem, but his location is.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by spawnx: 12:57am On Aug 30
Is Gazuzz really gone? Got car advices from him and fixed my car. This is so sad. May the Holy Spirit comfort the family at this time

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KEYSERSOZE(m): 9:18am On Aug 30
kaziem:

I hope this response is not too late.

You have done a good job with the transmission oil change (which is one of the first steps to solve a transmission problem)

The only thing you failed to do after the transmission oil change is transmission reset/adaptive reset. The transmission ECU (memory) has stored this problem in its memory during the period when your car was experiencing the shudder. This has to be wiped off the memory and allow to relearn.
If not, the issue will persist even if you change the whole gear (except if the transmission ECU/module is replaced with a new one with empty/correct memory).

I believe there is a standard relearning procedure for your car. Please search for the relearning procedure and follow it keenly.

I had a similar issue with my 2010 Camry in Nov 2023. I flushed the transmission and did the transmission adaptive reset with my Techstream device. The shudder disappeared and never return till date.

Contact Gazzuzz, he can help with the transmission adaptive reset and stuffs

All the best.

I have done everything except the Adaptive reset...
How car you help with the programming?

Thank you sir @kaziem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KEYSERSOZE(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30
Baldmarv:
My 2006 Toyota Camry i4 has a shudder with the following characteristics:
1. Vibrations start at around 50m/hr or 80km/hr.
2. Happens only on light throttle.
3. It goes away if I let off the throttle or press Down and it shifts to a lower gear.
4. Only happens after 5th gear when the rpm drops below 2000.

My suspicion is a faulty torque converter for the following reasons:

1. If I turn off Over Drive, limiting the transmission to 4 gears it never vibrates.
2. I’ve dropped the pan, cleaned and actually flushed the transmission fluid with T-IV. And it made no difference; so I know it’s not a fluid issue.
3. My tires are new and balanced
4. Car runs smoothly at same speed it usually vibrates when I turn off OD.
5. My engine mounts and shafts are tight with no clucks when I engage drive or reverse.

Please gurus am I on the right track? Your contributions will be greatly appreciated! If I am on the right track, how do I know a good replacement TC?

Am having similar issues

How were you eventually able to solve this issue?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.