Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,062 members, 7,980,780 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 03:39 AM

Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service - Religion (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service (1556107 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2019

Emmanuel
TEXT: Isaiah 7:10-16

"Therefore the LORD Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14).

This is not a personal name. It is a symbolic name. All the names given to the Messiah include: Wonderful Counsellor, Almighty God, The Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). It is not that Jesus ever bore the name Immanuel but that it indicates His role, bringing God's presence to man. The name Emmanuel or Immanuel is a statement. The meaning is explained in the book of Matthew 1:22,23. The statement "God is with us" describes the nature of Jesus. He is God who became a human being. Matthew showed that the virgin's conception was not something new but that it had been predicted by the prophet Isaiah. God is now with the people to save them as the prophets had predicted.

The name emphasises the deity of Christ. It underlines the fact of Christ's incarnation. It validates the doctrine of the Virgin birth of Jesus. It authenticates the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. And it offers hope and assurance to the believer that God is near and at hand.

Quote: "God is near and at hand."

Chɑllenge: "God is now with His people"

Prɑyer: "Lord, show me Your presence today."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 1:21-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2019

Send Me

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8).

“God can work wonders if He can get suitable men." This statement by the revered apostle of prayers, E. M. Bounds, underscores the fact that God needs men and He needs them urgently. God has a message for mankind. And He needs men and women (boys and girls) to deliver this message. They should be men and women of ability, with gifts and skills which are dedicated for God’s use. They have settled the issue of availability, having offered themselves willingly and unreservedly to God’s service. They are also men of authority, operating in the power of the Holy Spirit which lives in them. Moreover they have courage and boldness in the face of danger. Above all, they are conscious of their accountability to the Judge of all men by doing all to the glory of God.

God is still searching for men and women upon whom He will pour His Spirit and send into the needy world. Are you ready to answer the call of God today? If you are not yet born again, you need to answer the call to salvation before the call to service.

Quote: "Answer the call."

Chɑllenge: "God is searching for youths who will go for Him"

Prɑyer: "Yes, send me."

Further Reɑding: John 20:18-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2019

Wisdom In Danger

"Therefore, they sought again to take Him: but He escaped out of their hand, And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there He abode" (John 10:39, 40).

Every month, 255 Christians are killed, 104 are abducted, 180 Christian women are raped, sexually assaulted or forced into marriage, 66 churches are attacked and 160 Christians are detained without trial and imprisoned. This is the World Watch Report released by Open Door USA for 2018. Persecution of Christians has been a regular phenomenon. According to the report, 215 million Christians experience high levels of persecution in the countries on the world watch list.

What should be a Christian’s response to persecution? Jesus gave an example. When he perceived danger in the neighborhood, he escaped. After Saul’s conversion, he was let down by the wall in a basket when the Jews planned to kill him. The early Church scattered abroad during the second wave of persecution against the Church. During the Cultural Revolution in Communist China, the Church operated underground for many years. In places where religious liberty is restricted and there is hostility against the name of Christ, there is need for caution in the practice of Christianity. Zeal should be matched with understanding, and courage displayed with wisdom and obedience rendered with discretion.

Quote: "There is need for caution."

Chɑllenge: "Match zeal with understanding"

Prɑyer: "Lord, guide me during danger."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 10:16-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY DECEMBER 26, 2019

The Weary, Yet Fighting Dodo
TEXT: 2 Samuel 23:8-21

"He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the Lord wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil" (2 Samuel 23:10).

You can call it grit. You can call it resilience, doggedness or determination. It is an important indispensable principle of success. And that is what Dodo got. He refused to give up until he achieved his goal. He had his eyes on success and would not succumb to weariness. The great American football player and coach, Vince Lombardi, captured it well in his now popular statement, "Winners never quit and quitters never win."There is no other better way to put it.

Success is never given; success is taken. There are many challenges and difficulties on the way to success. If you must achieve your goal, then be ready to fight to finish. Never give up, no matter the obstacles.

To be outstanding in any aspect of your life, you must be resolute and determined. Even the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and only the violent can take it by force. When did Apostle Paul give up? Ah! Not at any time. He finished well. Hear him, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7).

Quote: "Winners never quit."

Chɑllenge: "You must be determined"

Prɑyer: "I will never give up, Lord."

Further Reɑding: Ephesians 6:10-16

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY DECEMBER 27, 2019

A Cry For A Clean Heart
TEXT: Psalm 51:1-19

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

The subject for our devotion this morning is a serious and solemn subject. It is about personal and practical holiness. It is also called purity of heart or entire sanctification. This is an experience that is needed so much today among youths, and indeed, among believers. A source defines holiness as, "the habit of being in one mind with God, according as we find His mind described in the Scriptures. It is the habit of agreeing with God's judgment, hating what He hates, loving what He loves, and measuring everything in this world by the standard of His word. He who most entirely agrees with God, he is the most holy man."

Do you want to attain holiness? Do you feel, this day, a real heart desire to be holy? Would you be a partaker of the divine nature? If your answer is yes, go to Christ who suffered for your sanctification and is willing to help you. Let your heart cry and prayer, like the Psalmist, be, "Create in me a clean heart, O God..." If you must be holy, you must pray for sanctification. You are as holy as you desire to be.

Quote: "You are as holy as you desire to be."

Chɑllenge: "You must pray for sanctification"

Prɑyer: "Sanctify all your people, Lord."

Further Reɑding: John 17:17-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2019
2019 National December Retreat - Day 1: The Uniqueness Of Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmvntvLYGm0
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19am On Dec 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 28, 2019

Winning At The Finish Line
TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:1-8

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course; I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7).

The MDRC (Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation) created by the Ford Foundation in 1974, launched what it termed, The Finish Line: Graduation by Design Project. The aim was to improve college completion rates using behavioural insights. It was borne out of the fact that many college students were unable to complete their courses. Literally, the finish line is a line marking the end of a racecourse. The goal of every athlete is to cross the finish line and win a trophy. The Bible states that the ending of every matter is more important than the beginning thereof (Ecclesiastes 7:8).

Why do people fall away and fall short of reaching the finish line? Some fall short due to discouragement. The difficulties and barriers on the way to success make them fall. Others fail due to indiscipline and indulgence. Some fall away because they could not overcome temptations and distractions from peer pressure. Whether in the race of life, in personal projects or in the Christian journey, strive to reach the finish line. You will win.

Quote: "Strive to reach the finish line."

Chɑllenge: "The end is better"

Prɑyer: "See me through, Lord Jesus."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 24:12-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 29, 2019

You Need The Comforter
TEXT: John 14:12-26

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26).

When Christ was about to complete His mission on earth and return to the Father, He promised to send another Comforter (Paraclete), Who would abide with believers forever. This promise was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit's presence was gloriously manifested. The Holy Spirit is in charge of this Church age and all children of God must invite Him into their hearts. The world is full of troubles that perplex the minds of many. Moreover, there is violent persecution, like the type the early Church went through.

For the children of God, our consolation comes from the Comforter, Who gives us peace in the storm. In times of persecution, failure, pain, bereavement and weakness, you need His comfort. Beloved, do you experience His presence in your life as you ought? To receive the Comforter, you must be born-again and sanctified. With the Comforter's enablement, we can do extraordinary exploits. Today, you can receive Him into your heart through the prayer of faith and He will come to abide with you forever.

Quote: "Sin grieves the Comforter."

Chɑllenge: "Do you recognise the presence of the Comforter as it ought to be?"

Prɑyer: "Father, let the Comforter come and abide with me."

Further Reɑding: John 14:16; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 4:30

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 30, 2019

Why Not Now?
TEXT: Acts 26:1-32

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian" (Acts 26:28).

King Agrippa was almost persuaded to be a Christian when Apostle Paul providentially reached out to him with the gospel, but he failed to repent. He missed God's salvation narrowly. Oh, what a miss! The case of George Mueller was positively different. George had been a terrible sinner from childhood. He admitted that at age ten he was a habitual thief and an expert at cheating. Any time he was caught in his sins, he pretentiously repented to avoid punishment. He grew in his sinful habits. Immorality and lying were among his vices. Soon, he became a drunkard. Even the night his mother died, he staggered through the streets drunk.

Attending the school of a church ministry could not change him. However, one night, one of his companions took him to a Christian meeting. The programme so peculiarly affected him that he knelt down and surrendered to Christ. He later became a great minister of God.
Are you like King Agrippa, postponing your salvation? Repent now, for tomorrow may be too late. Only one night and George's destiny changed from hell to heaven.

Quote: "Tomorrow may be too late."

Chɑllenge: "Decide for Christ now and turn from your sinful ways"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I repent today, forgive me of all my sins."

Further Reɑding: Acts 26:23-29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Dec 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY DECEMBER 31, 2019

Pray Souls Into Paradise
TEXT: Romans 10:1-21

"Brethren, my hearts desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved" (Romans 10:1).

To pray souls into Paradise, in our context, actually means praying for sinners to be saved. "I was in a city in Missouri for a service one night. I had ministered in music and had also taught the Word. It was time to close the meeting and it was impressed on me to ask those who had loved ones needing salvation to come to the altar area and follow me (audibly) as I led them in prayer of binding and loosing to the benefit of their family and loved ones. We then lifted up our voices to give thanks to God, believing that what we prayed for was ours." This story was narrated by the American gospel singer and minister, David Ingles.

After the Missouri meeting, time went by. Then, one day, he received a letter from a lady who joined in the prayer at that meeting. Since that day, she said, her aging father and mother had been saved. She added, "Further, five of my seven brothers and one of my two sisters have been born again." Wonderful! Prayer works. Pray, pray souls into God's kingdom.

Quote: "Prayer works."

Chɑllenge: "Are any of your loved ones yet unsaved? Pray!"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, save all my family members, in Jesus' name."

Further Reɑding: 1 Timothy 2:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
2019 National December Retreat - Day 2 Faith Clinic: Abundant Life In Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4nLBTdf8U
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 1, 2020

Never Walk Alone
TEXT: Exodus 12:2

"This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you" (Exodus 12:2).

The Lord has brought us into a new year. Praise God! Hallelujah! It is a privilege to enter the New Year, as God has quite a lot for us in the days ahead. God, in our text, told the children of Israel, immediately after their deliverance from the land of Egypt, that, "This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you" (Exodus 12:2). You must walk closely with God this year so that He can accomplish His plans for you. Start the year by giving your life to Christ (if you have not done so), so that you can be enlisted among God's children.

You must approach the New Year with renewed zeal and determination to succeed. Zig Ziglar advises, "What you picture in your mind, your mind will go to work to accomplish. When you change your pictures, you automatically change your performance." This means that you're a product of your thoughts. Walk closely with God and He will help you to grow more higher.

Quote: "Walk closely with God."

Chɑllenge: "Make God your Guide."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to walk closely with You this year."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 121:1-8

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 2, 2020

Sin Can Cause Sickness
TEXT: John 5:6-14

"Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee" (John 5:14).

Does sin alone cause sickness? No. While Gehazi, the young lad that served Prophet Elisha, became leprous because of sin, Elisha's sickness had nothing to do with sin. A man sick of palsy was brought to Jesus by his friends for healing. Before healing him, Jesus first dealt with the root cause of his affliction (Mark 2:1-5). He forgave him his sin.

The message of the Lord Jesus in the text is that sin is the major cause of sickness in the world. Ignorance, carelessness, lack of hygienic living, malnutrition, etc., also cause sicknesses. However, living in sin is an invitation to sicknesses. Incurable diseases like HIV/AIDS, venereal diseases and demonic afflictions have been mostly linked to the sin of immorality. A child of God that goes into lusting, masturbation or formication will suffer affliction from the devil. For this reason, Jesus warned the delivered young man to stay away from sin lest he suffered the worse. Are you into boy-friend and girl-friend relationship? Are you indulging in secret sin? Repent now! Otherwise, the enemy will afflict you with sicknesses.

Quote: "Sin is the major cause of sicknesses."

Chɑllenge: "Stay away from sin."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from all sins."

Further Reɑding: John 5:6-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 03, 2020

Fear Of Failure?
TEXT: Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

Sue Towey, writing on _Impact of Fear and Anxiety,_ defines fear as, "a human emotion that is triggered by a perceived threat." According to him, when people live in constant fear, they can become incapacitated. Fear is said to be capable of weakening our immune system and impairing formation of long term memories. It is so, because, it causes damage to certain parts of the brain and interrupts some processes.

Fear of failure is an invitation to failure itself. Fear gives strength to failure; it paralyses initiatives, abilities and shatters dreams. It is an acceptance of defeat in any undertaking. God's children should not fret or fear because greater is Christ in them than their fears. They are not alone in their challenges. Whether in their exams, to gain admission into an institution of higher learning or to regain lost health, the God of all possibilities has promised to help, and that right early. God's children should believe and confess their victory through Christ in every undertaking. If, like Paul, they fully rely on Him, victory is certain.

Quote: "Fear is an invitation to failure."

Chɑllenge: "Jesus in me is greater than all my challenges."

Prɑyer: "I reject fear in Jesus' name."

Further Reɑding: Philippians 4:10-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JANUARY 04, 2020

Making Your Mother Glad
TEXT: Proverbs 23:24, 25

"The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice" (Proverbs 23:24, 25).

"What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin," declared Henry Ward Beecher. A Christian minister recalled with admiration, watching a loving mother sing multiple awe-evoking tunes of folk music and rhymes to rock her baby to sleep. Besides, she often secretly interceded for her baby, prophesying the word of God into its life. Mothers are truly a special breed.

Yes, both fathers and mothers help in the upbringing of the children, but mothers have a unique role. Hear Spencer W. Kimball, "We plead with fathers to return to your little kingdoms, and, with kindness, justice, proper discipline, and love, to inspire your family. We appeal to mothers to help create that happy relationship." When children cooperate with father and mother, sounds of joy will never cease in the home.

Unfortunately, many young people grow up despising such invaluable investments by their mothers, exhibiting tendencies towards ungodliness, instead. But, wiser youths would rather honour their mothers, extolling their motherly virtues always.

Quote: "Mothers are truly a special breed."

Chɑllenge: "Show an act of gratitude to your mother today."

Prɑyer: "O God' teach me to honour and appreciate my mother."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 31:1-9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JANUARY 5, 2020

Simple Steps To Salvation
TEXT: Romans 10:5-13

"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:10).

A preacher has rightly reasoned that, "Many people spun the message of salvation across the world because no cost is attached to it." So it is. A lot of people - adults, youths and children - have rejected the gift of salvation for ages, simply because it is free.

Though the steps to salvation are as simple as A B C, Satan makes sinners to believe that they have to work for it. He tells them to engage in religious activities that cannot set them free from sin. They are made to go to the riverside for cleansing, embark on pilgrimage, marathon fasting or to give alms to the poor, do confirmation, etc., to obtain salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God. It is not of works. What are the simple steps to salvation? A - acknowledge your sins and accept that Jesus died for your sins. B - believe on the Lord Jesus and His atoning blood. C - confess your sins to God, forsake them and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Jesus has fully paid the price for our salvation.

Quote: "Jesus has fully paid the price for our salvation."

Chɑllenge: "You can take the simple steps now."

Prɑyer: "Lord, set the captives of sin free."

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jan 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 6, 2020

God's Empowering Grace
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10

"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Grace has been aptly described as "God's riches at Christ's expense." Grace is the unmerited favour of God on the undeserving. God's grace support, strength and power to His faithful children to accomplish various tasks, overcome sin, opposition and to make heaven at last.

The text today reveals the source of Paul's strength for victory. It shows the source of his array of successes in the ministry despite persecutions, trials, temptations and weakness in the body that stood ferociously against his determination to realise the heavenly vision of winning souls and making heaven. The primary of God's grace for success and breakthrough is a key lesson for all believers in Christ as shown in our Bible text above.

God's grace empowers you to overcome life's challenges. To enjoy this grace, we must live a righteous, faithful, dutiful and prayerful life like Apostle Paul. God's grace is like fuel; it fires the engine in our soul, spirit and body to run to triumph. Your strength isn't sufficient to carry you through. Never stop to seek the grace of God.

Quote: "Your strength isn't sufficient carry you."

Chɑllenge: "Grace helps to accomplish great tasks."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to follow through."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 7, 2020

A Universal Question
TEXT: Jeremiah 13:19-27

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil" (Jeremiah 13:23).

The two age-long sayings, "An Ethiopian cannot change the colour of his skin" and "A leopard cannot take away it's spots, " express the ancient belief that things cannot change their corrupt nature. Human beings cannot also change their sinful nature. Billy Graham declared: "After many thousands of years of so-called human progress, education, science and culture, we are amazed to discover that man is capable of the same old sins."

The children of Israel that God sent Prophet Jeremiah to warn of their sins were known for their stubbornness and disobedience. He was even imprisoned for warning them about the regretful consequences of their idolatry, prostitution, oppression of the poor, etc. Many youths today are stubborn and disobedient like they were. God be praised that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from every sin. Are you naughty and stubborn? The stubborn, whether youths or adults, cannot make heaven. Let the blood of the lamb of God cleanse every spot of sin from your heart. Don't linger in the camp of the sinning youths. Give your heart to Jesus now.

Quote: "The blood of Jesus cleanses from every sin."

Chɑllenge: "Are you naughty and stubborn?"

Prɑyer: "Wash me, O lamb of God."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49am On Jan 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2020

Risk In Lusting After Riches
TEXT: 1 Timothy 6:6-14

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some converted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (1 Timothy 6:10).

A Nigerian businessman, on Social Media, lamented his ordeal in the hands of "Yahoo boys" after escaping from their hideout: "Yahoo boys are scanners, who have subjected many people to pains. They are heartless people, who should not be spared by the law."

Many youths currently wail in jail and some have met untimely death because they want to become instant billionaires by all means. The desire to get rich quick makes them to indulge in many evil practices. A number of them are into ritual murders, robbery, cultism, drug trafficking, prostitution, internet frauds, etc. There are adults also who engage in corruptive practices because of money.

God expects His children to be engaged in godly and productive labour. True riches without sorrow comes from God. Christian youths should not emulate the ungodly means of getting rich lest they end up in sorrows like the 'Yahoo boys.' They should rather share the gospel with them. It is only the new birth experience in Christ that can set them free from the love of money and it's grievous consequences.

Quote: "Be engaged in godly and productive labour."

Chɑllenge: "True riches without sorrow comes from God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, lead me into true riches."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 9, 2020

Road To Re-Unification - 1
TEXT: Genesis 45:1-8

"And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence" (Genesis 45:3).

"The evils that men do live after them," says, William Shakespeare. The revered Lord of the Egyptians, and second in command to Pharaoh, eventually disclosed his identity to his brethren as seen in today's Bible text. He was the Joseph they hated, maltreated and sold into slavery. His brethren were shocked.

According to Matthew Henry, "A guilty conscience needs no accuser or tormentor but itself."

The lessons from Joseph's story are:

1. We should not connive with anybody to do evil like Joseph's brethren did.
2. Our God never fails to deliver the faithful ones in trouble. Joseph's brothers thought all was over, that their concealed wickedness against their innocent brother had gone into oblivion. But the omnipotent and omniscient God overruled them.
3. Joseph showed his love for his father and his longing to reunite with him.
4. Joseph's brethren were troubled because of their sin. It is a sign of remorse that leads to repentance for forgiveness and unification.

Is your conscience troubled by a hidden sin? God knows about it all. To unite with God, repent and give your life to Jesus.

Quote: "Remorse that leads to repentance."

Chɑllenge: "God is eager to deliver His own from troubles"

Prɑyer: "Deliver me from every trouble, Lord."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2020
2019 National December Retreat - Day 2: Prayer And Fasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BauvwVG6_l0
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 10, 2020

Road To Re-Unification - 2
TEXT: Genesis 45:8-15

"Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life" (Genesis 45: 5).

The narrative today has been well summarised in the scripture: "Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.Be not overcoming evil, but overcome evil with good."

The tone of forgiveness rings loud and clear in our Bible text. God's children must not revenge because vengeance belongs unto God.Unlike many leaders in authority today who use their exalted position to witch-hunt those who have earlier offended them, Joseph pacified his trembling and grief-stricken brothers who feared that he would pay then back in their own coin. I have allayed their fear that their mischief was a design by God to help them in future. Children of God are to use every opportunity and privilege they have to help others. The best way to preserve the lives of those who use their position to oppress others from eternal perdition is to preach the gospel to them. Do not retaliate but forgive like Joseph, otherwise, you will cry forever in hell with your offenders.

Quote: "Do not retaliate but forgive."

Chɑllenge: "Care for the dying"

Prɑyer: "O God, make me a preserver of lives."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JANUARY 11, 2020

Road To Re-Unification - 3
TEXT: Genesis 45:8-16

"So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and He hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout the land of Egypt" (Genesis 45:8).

The story of Joseph is akin to the story of a child that was thrown into the garbage by her wicked mother. She threw the unwanted child away only to be discovered by a wealthy woman who had done everything possible to have her own child but to no avail. The child was given good education and later became the best ruler that ever governed his people.

Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery because of envy. But the Almighty God, seeing Joseph's faithfulness, turned the adversity to prosperity. In today's Bible text, Joseph made it clear to his brothers that it was God's design to allow him undergo such a cruel maltreatment from them to secure their future. Nobody or challenge can destroy a child of destiny. There are youths today finding it difficult in their studies because of persecution. There are others who have lost their parents to war or religion extremism. The setbacks are just the stepping stones to the realisation of God's plan for them if they can hold fast to God like Joseph. They will become rulers tomorrow.

Quote: "Nobody or challenge can destroy a child of destiny."

Chɑllenge: "Man proposes, God disposes"

Prɑyer: "Lift me up, Lord!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33am On Jan 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JANUARY 12, 2020

Road To Re-Unification - 4
TEXT: Genesis 46:28-34

"And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while" (Genesis 46:29).

Operation Desert storm was declared on Iraq in 1990 following the annexation of the oil-rich kingdom of kuwait by Saddam Hussein. At the end of the fierce battle in which the Iraqi soldiers were dislodged and sent out of Kuwait, the gallant American troops returned home into waiting arms of their joyous spouses with pomp and fanfare.

Joseph was the favourite of his father among twelve sons. He mourned when his envious brethren brought the deceitful report that Joseph had been killed by beasts in the wilderness. Our text marks the joyous final meeting of Jacob with his son, Joseph, after many years of separation. Joseph fell on the neck of his father and she'd tears of joy. He prepared a befitting chariot to carry his aged father. The reunion of the father with his son is a reminder of the joyous moment when the saints will be with their Lord at the marriage Supper of the Lamb. To partake in the marriage Supper, adequate preparation is needed to meet the Lord either through rapture or death. Prepare to meet your Lord.

Quote: "Prepare to meet your Lord."

Chɑllenge: "All's well that ends well"

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep my feet on the Solid Rock."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 13, 2020

It Is True God Said It
TEXT: Number 23:19-23

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Number 23:19)

Some school girls were playing on the field when one of them suddenly screamed. The little girl threw a picture to her mates and bluntly declared: "I'm gonna ride on this type of sport bike to celebrate my birthday." "It's not possible!" to shouted mate. That type of bike isn't available on the local market. My dad promised me and l believe. He has never lied to me. That settles the matter, "the little girl replied her mates."

Truly, the little girl rode to school on the bike to celebrate her birthday to the admiration of her doubtful friends. Her dad had procured it during one of his trips abroad and kept it away from home. It was to be presented to her on her birthday. Faith in God turns impossibility to possibility. Jehovah is a God of integrity and what He says is always credible as today's Bible text states. Whatever God promises, He is able to do. God has promised His children good success, good health, protection, deliverance, favour, guidance, etc. and His promises are Yes and Amen.

Quote: "Faith in God turns impossibility to possibility."

Chɑllenge: "His promises are Yes and Amen"

Prɑyer: "Lord, let my trust rest in thee."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
2019 National December Retreat - Day 2 Bible Teaching- Conquering Giants through Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g60rLLSNrtw
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34am On Jan 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 14, 2020

Make A Good Choice
TEXT: Deuteronomy 11: 26-28

"Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day" (Deuteronomy 11: 26,27)

According to John L Mason, "A faithful life is not the result of chance. It is the result of right choices." Therefore, making good choice in any situation in life depends largely on the individual and hence the need to seek counsel from knowledgeable God-fearing people before any choice is made. Biblical figures like Joseph and Moses made a right choices in Egypt and God blessed them. So did Ruth in relocating to Bethlehem-Judah with Naomi.

The text today shows the external counsel of God to mankind. It presents the two main alternatives on earth to man, blessing and curse, life and death, heaven and hell, and compassionately counsels him to choose blessing. Apostle Peter counselled the sinful ones in his days. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19). If you are living in sin, make haste and make the best choice now. Repent of your sins. Your choice will determine your eternal destiny.

Quote: "Your choice will determine your eternal destiny."

Chɑllenge: "Decision determine destiny"

Prɑyer: "Guide me to make right choices, Lord."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
2019 National December Retreat - Day 2 Revival Session - Tested, Trusting and Triumphant in Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRDZZy4aw3I
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 15, 2020

The Ingenious Inventor - 1
TEXT: Genesis 1:12-16

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also" (Genesis 1:16).

Electricity is a form of energy that produces light. Michael Faraday carried out extensive research that led to his invention of electric motor in 1821. Many other scientists like Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, etc. built on his invention to give the world electricity that is enjoyed today in homes and offices. But electricity is nothing compared to the great lights invented by God.

Different scientists spent hundreds of years to invent electricity, while researchers are still ongoing to provide other means for electricity for people and industries. Despite all the efforts, electricity is still erratic and in short supply in many nations. Today's Bible text extol the wonder of God's creation. His inventions are flawless and incomparable. His great lights, the sun, moon and the stars, cover the whole earth and have never ceased to supply light and illumination from the beginning of creation. What an ingenious inventor! Also, His Son is the Light of the world. His gospel light sets free from the darkness of sin and hell. Are you still groping in the darkness of sin?

Quote: "His gospel light sets free from sin."

Chɑllenge: "God is the most ingenious inventor"

Prɑyer: "Make me to be creative, Lord."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
2019 National December Retreat - Day 3 Faith Clinic: ​The Healing Stripes of Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MciDj72uS8g
Re: Higher Everyday — Special Qualities For Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 16, 2020

The Ingenious Inventor - 2
TEXT: Genesis 1: 26-29

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:27).

Charles Darwin's theory of evolution sounds funny to human reasoning. Evolution is said to be a change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. From this, evolutionists say that man evolved from apes (ape-like creatures) over the centuries. The claim is both a fallacy and a fantasy from a corrupt mind. Otherwise, all the apes in the world would have since transformed into humans.

The most credible and reliable book ever written perfectly records the creation of man. The Holy Bible provides the detailed account of the creation of all things by the Almighty God. He made man in His own image. Boys and girls should not believe any misleading teaching. Really, man must have been created by a Supreme Being called God. He kitted man with a super intelligent brain. Man is just copying his Maker in making baffling inventions in science, technology, communications, health, etc. However, he is foolishly going into transgender. God's children possess His nature and can do exploits. The Almighty God is the most ingenious Inventor. You can become an inventor of good things.

Quote: "The nature of God is in all His children."

Chɑllenge: "Who are you copying?"

Prɑyer: "Father, make me an inventor of good things."

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (118) (Reply)

Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.