Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,013 members, 7,936,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 09:22 AM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61753 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2014
keep 'em coming bro.....with you all the way
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by enomasly: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2014
More
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 19, 2014
good work boss following
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by pricelesslove(f): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ghost mode
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
More please
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Na ba3 dey cause hindrance. We all knw d9ty7 was not like dis b4.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
D9ty7: Na ba3 dey cause hindrance. We all knw d9ty7 was not like dis b4.
I understand boss coz i knw it apnz buh honestly I came hoping to meet an update. Love this story...

PRESUMING WHAT WILL HAPPEN. ..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: I understand boss coz i knw it apnz buh honestly I came hoping to meet an update. Love this story...

PRESUMING WHAT WILL HAPPEN. ..
bros i beg when u go post d episode 7 of I FOUND HER?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Melancholy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hmm, since the show started, have never had the chance to read this story. But now i can attest to this well arranged and interesting story. Even as his politician friends always say; D9ty7 is working....... Lol
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Tina in a dilemna.....

Nice one.....kip'em coming
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Uthman51: bros i beg when u go post d episode 7 of I FOUND HER?

so u dey read am bros?? it don wipe odf thru d nl tsunami buh coz of u I'll search and continue hopefully the week that starts tomorrow.

u can come and ask me questions on my thread

www.nairaland.com/1812935/one-love

sorry D9ty7 for derailing ur thread.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by walewunmi(m): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Temitopedaniels me sef I sight u oh #double twale#
D9ty7 nice work bro bt all dis T T T names sef #tonye,tina and tonia# is getting me confused
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Gideon9947: 1:35am On Jul 20, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:

so u dey read am bros?? it don wipe odf thru d nl tsunami buh coz of u I'll search and continue hopefully the week that starts tomorrow.

u can come and ask me questions on my thread

www.nairaland.com/1812935/one-love

sorry D9ty7 for derailing ur thread.
please sir,do somthing about 'i found her' i'm also a victim of dat beautiful story.Thankz
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 2:57am On Jul 20, 2014
I'M ALSO ENJ0YING THIS T0RY..

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
--continuation--
After everyone had exited the conference room Tina remained on her seat crying as she laid her head on the table.
The door reopened and Tosin a twenty-eight year old married mother of one walked in, she was one of the few lucky ladies in authority.
"Tina, I swear you no try at all." she said even though pidgin is prohibited within the premises.
Tina kept quiet as she raised up her head to see a smiling Tosin hands on her waist.
"Tina, tell me. Whats wrong? What happened to you?" she asked.
"You can't understand." Tina replied.
"Tell me and see if I'll understand or not."
"Am serious." Tina argued.
"Okay. Is it your man? Or are you pregnant?" Tosin asked.
"None of the above." Tina replied smiling at the mention of pregnancy.
"So tell me what is the problem?" Tosin asked.
"Its my mum. She is sick." Tina replied.
"I don't think you should let that affect your work. All the same go and explain to Raymond before he summon you." Tosin explained.
"Okay. I'll go and see him." Tina replied.
"See you at lunch." Tosin said.
"Thank you very much."
Tosin exited the conference and a minute later Tina followed suit.
Lola was listening to music on her computer when Tina entered.
"Welldone." Tina said as she made for her door.
"Tosin." Lola called.
Tosin stopped in her tracks as she turned to look at her secretary.
"Am sorry." Tina said.
Getting a clue to where she was driving at, Tosin nodded her head as she pushed the door knob and walked in.
SOME MINUTES BEFORE LUNCH BREAK
Having cleared her head, Tosin rounded up what she was doing as she walked out of her office and proceeded for Lola's office.
"Hold my calls till after lunch." Tosin said.
"Ok." Lola replied.
Tosin got into the elevator and met another worker as they started a conversation, this is the first time he will be meeting Tosin in person even though he had heard so much about her, her beauty, her charming smile and her display of inefficiency at the departmental meeting.
"See you around later." Tosin said. This time the elevator had come to a halt on the top floor.
"My name is Mike." The man said as he stretched his hands forward.
She walked to where he stood just then her cell phone beeped.
"Hello." She said.
"The CEO's office. Your attention is needed." A lady's voice said.
Tina knew at once that her office must have been called as calls within the premises are restricted to official lines only and personal mobile phones are not used in communicating within the company's premises.
Tina excused herself, as she left Mike to the elevator's entrance and walked towards the Executive wing her heatbeat increasing per millisecond.
THE CEO's OFFICE
Tina walked in to meet Mr Raymond Douglas standing beside the window backing his spacious office. He turned immediately the door clicked open.
"You're here already. So fast!" Raymond said. He was visibly suprised at how fast she was able to reach the top floor.
"I was nearby when I recieved the call." Tina replied.
"Oh! I see." He said.
Afterall, her boss was not a lion. He should be able to understand her current situation and consider her or so she thought.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
--continuation--
Tina sat down comfortably on one of the two chairs that stood in front of Raymond's table.
"Can you tell this committe the reason behind your behaviour in the departmental meeting?"
Tina smiled amusingly, she never knew her boss was a comedian.
"Tell me something i don't know. Are you having personal problems with Clement?" Raymond asked.
"Not at all sir." Tina replied.
"Are you two working together?" He asked.
"Perfectly well sir." Tina replied.
"So tell me why you failed to collect the file before he went on leave. Moreso, I heard you came late today."
"Some personal issues." Tina replied.
"So beautiful people also have personal issues bothering them?" Raymond asked.
Tina blushed.
Just then one of Raymond's phones rang.
"Douglas." He said on picking up.
"Right away sir." he replied after listening for a few seconds.
He dropped the phone and raised up his head to face Tina.
"I have a meeting with our foriegn partners in Abuja. Sheraton to be precise." he explained.
"How do you expect to make it there right away?" Tina asked with concern.
Now she seemed to be getting free with her boss more than she ever imagined.
"The company's aircraft is on the field outside." Raymond replied.
"I don't know we have an aircraft." Tina said.
"Its just a small jet. Or do you want to see it?" he asked.
"I'll like to." Tina replied.
Raymond smiled.
"Lets go then." he said picking up his phones as he went out with Tina after instructing his secretary to take calls on his behalf.
After seeing Raymond off to the airplane field of the company and seeing the Jet for the first time. She took some personal pictures standing near the jet with Raymond, she returned to her office and stood indoors without going out for lunch until the closing hour when the intercom on her table rang.
"Miss Tina." she said.
"Meet me downstairs so I can give you a ride home." the caller said.
Recognising the voice at once to be Mrs Cole, one of the interviewing panel. She cleared her table and picked up necessary things as she exited her office and proceeded to the second floor and signed out before proceeding to the parking lot where Mrs Cole was waiting beside her Toyota Camry. A different car from the one she brought the last time. This time she'll be the one driving herself.
Tina was scared at first thinking Mrs Cole is not good in driving. But she was proved wrong when the old lady expertly backed the car out of the gate and expertly turned onto the road.
Afterall she was wrong to judge a book by its cover.
--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by jaymomma(f): 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tina and Raymond, hmmmmn.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Did you see anything?
jaymomma: Tina and Raymond, hmmmmn.

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
D9ty7: Did you see anything?
Not at all.....i just smell a strong chemistry.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nice one D9ty7, I think you made a mistake, you wrote Tosin in stead of Tina especially in the penultimate update, the lunch break section.......
I also smell a strong physics, sorry chemistry between those two- Tina and Raymond....
Welldone
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by jaymomma(f): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
D9ty7: Did you see anything?

I didn't c anything o but I smell sumtin
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Dinocarex(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Been following u.. Nice piece of work. Since ure opened to constructive criticism. Would like to make a correction. *Aeroplane area* yl talking abt Douglas' aircraft should be changed to Helipad.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
jaymomma:

I didn't c anything o but I smell sumtin
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Great work Duro.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
it seems those people smelling n seeing or feeling both chemistry physics n biology forgot the 1st few chapters of this post Where they went for the introduction n so on
BTW D9ty7 continue jare I de follow follow
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Danpersie31(m): 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
d9ty we are making progress. ride on.just make d updates nw more consistent ..b careful wit d Tina,tosin& tonye naming.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
hmmmm gat me speachless
more grease
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 5:22am On Jul 21, 2014
snowprince07:

hmmmm gat me sperchless
more grease

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=Kaymania][/quote]★error in typing connection grin
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
--continuation--
The journey back from office was a very boring one. As much as Mrs Cole tried to bring up a conversation, Tina was not interested in one as she was replying in monosyllabic words.
"Tina, is there any problem?" she asked.
Tina sighed before giving her the usual "Nothing" reply.
"I don't believe you. I don't think its right if you hide things from me. We are friends and I believe sharing problems solves it halfway." Mrs Cole preached.
Tina nodded her head knowingly.
"So tell me. What's the matter?"
"Its my mum. She's sick and am not financially bouyant enough to pay the bills." Tina explained.
"How much are you asked to pay?" she asked.
"Two hundred and fifty thousand naira. And at least fifty percent must be paid upfront." She explained.
"Are you in a hurry to go home now?" She asked.
"Not really ma. Am actually headed for the hospital." Tina replied.
"If you'll give me some minutes of your time. Lets go to the bank."
Tina thanked her as she pulled out of the road onto the popular bank road.
"I'll be back in a minute." Mrs Cole said as she got out of the car and walked into the bank.
Tina waited for her in the car and a few minutes later she re-emerged from within the bank.
"Have it." Mrs Cole said handing a small tied parcel to her.
"Thank you very much ma."
"That's two hundred and fifty thousand Naira. I'll give you a hundred thousand tomorrow so you can balance up."
"I really appreciate your kind gesture ma."
"Its nothing. What are friends for?"
Tina continued to thank her until she got to where she is supposed to drop near the hospital junction.
Even though she didn't hear Mrs Cole talk about her returning the money, she immediately put it at the back of her mind that first thing at the end of the month, she must return part of the money.
She got to the hospital a few minutes later and first of all went to see the doctor, she settled the payment and urged the doctor to begin treatment in earnest. Then she proceeded to check on her mother in her ward but was suprised to see her kid sister, Gloria and her kid brother Francis with her mother.
"What are you too doing here?" Tina asked.
"Am here to see mama." Francis replied.
"You should have stayed back in school and let Gloria do the running around." Tina said.
"No aunty. I'll leave very soon. I have tests tomorrow." Francis replied.
This time their mother had woken up.
"Mama." Tina said.
"How are you my daughter?" she asked.
"Am fine. Hope you are getting better now?"
"We thank God. When did you arrive?"
jsut then she started gasping for breath and losing it gradually.
"Doctor." Francis shouted as he ran out of the ward in search of the doctor.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by jaymomma(f): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Huh? Duro, what re u trying to say? Will Tina's mum die?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Guys, am sorry I won't be able to update for a few days. Am presently not in the city of Ibadan. I'll be back on wednesday. So update can resume on thursday. But we can get one update tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian.. / The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.