Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,013 members, 7,936,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 09:27 AM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61754 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Oga Duro.... Where art thou?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please come and update D9ty7 you are really starving us abeg now
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Bro. D9ty7, hope there isn't any problem??
It's been a while.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
--continuation--
A few minutes into their conversation Mrs Bianca Douglas and her son came into the living room.
"Ah ah ah! Who am I seeing?" Mrs Douglas said.
"Good evening mum." Atinuke greeted her mother going down on her knees.
"How are you? How is Abuja?" Mrs Douglas asked at once.
"Am fine mum and you." Atinuke replied.
"As you can see am fine too."
"Black brother." Atinuke said facing her big brother.
Raymond pretended as if he didn't hear her as he moved towards his sister with a clenched fist.
"Mummy tell him o. Am no longer that teenager he could punch anyhow." Atinuke said running to their mother for cover.
"Come for a hug my prodigal sister." Raymond said as mother and daughter including Tina bursted into laughter.
They chatted for a few minutes before Raymond announced that they are leaving. All through their conversation Mrs Douglas made sure that she didn't direct her words to Tina and Tina on the other hand made she had no eye contact with her.
A few minutes later Raymond backed out his car as he began driving towards his own apartment.
"What did mummy discuss with you the other time? Is it about me?" Tina asked breaking the silence that has taken over the drive back home.
"Its about you truely." Raymond replied as he expertly swerved the car off the tarred road inside the Douglas estate into the tiled road that led to his gate.
Tina was visibly shaken the moment she heard their discussion was about her.
"So what did she say...." She said amidst a shaky voice.
"Mum was angry that I have no plans for us, no plans for your mum and siblings." Raymond replied.
"Plans as in?"
"She expected me to have at least set up an apartment for your family inside the estate now that we are one big family." Raymond replied.
Tina thought for a few seconds, someone who barely accepted her into their family wants his son to set up a place for her family. She gave up on the thought with the belive that time would tell. This time Raymond had parked the car in just before the entrance.
"Welcome Oga." The security man greeted.
"Hey! Haruna." Raymond said throwing the car key at the security man who at once knew what to do. He was expected to park the car properly in the garage and bring the key inside.
"Keep the key with you." Raymond said as he walked in with Tina. The security man barely took notice of Tina.
Immediately they got inside Raymond started tearing off her clothes in a hurry and it took Tina a minute to understand what was happening as she adjusted just in time.
They ended up going to bed after three rounds of hot sex without their dinner.
Raymond woke up later in the midnight around 1am as he went to the kitchen to prepare something for them to eat.
"You should have woken me up." Tina said when he set the food tray on the bed.
"I want my queen to take some rest."
"That's very romantic of you." she replied as they started munching toast bread and milk.
Twenty minutes later Tina was fast asleep.
--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
Oga D9ty7 I hope dc not all 4 2day? anyway txns 4 d meal sha.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmm...
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Melancholy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ehen... Oya continue nau!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Tear her cloth bawo? Pls modify dat post
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hameenat94: Tear her cloth bawo? Pls modify dat post
yea, Raymond tore her cloth(as in, he hurriedly pull off her clothes) and other things happened wink

We all know what happened in that scene, ma'am.
...does he need to modify that?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2014
--continuation--
The next morning Raymond walked into the bedroom for the third time since he woke up to find Tina still lying on the bed.
He ignored her as he walked towards his shoe closet, picked up an italian suede and sat down on a stood to put it on.
"Sweet love." Raymond said tapping her lightly.
Tina opened her eyes.
"Its morning already?"
"Aren't you going to work?" He asked.
"Baby am weak." Tina replied trying to sit up.
Raymond scrutinized her for a few seconds.
"You know how you can fix yourself a breakfast, don't you? Am off." Raymond said pecking her as he carried his briefcase and walked out of the room.
Tina slept off the moment Raymond walked out only to be woken up two hours later by her ringing phone.
It was a strange number.
"Hello." She said sitting up.
"Tina?" The caller asked.
"Yeah. And who is this?" Tina asked in return.
"I'll be with you shortly." The caller said hanging up. Throwing her into further confusion and to say she couldn't place the voice.
Checking the number once again she discovered that it looked exactly the same way just like Raymond's. The only difference was the last two digits, apart from that every other thing is the same.
"Maybe its Atinuke." Tina concluded as she got up even though she is still feeling weak and headed for the bathroom to wash her face.
She came out a few minutes later looking model-ish with her black hair tied to a pony tail. She headed for the sitting room, did some little cleaning on the rarely used electronics and the quality leather chairs. She switched on the music player and the song that came to play was Drunk in love by Beyonce. She was humming to the song as she did the cleaning.
Just then the doorbell rang.
"Yes? Am coming" She said as she walked towards the door.
She pushed the door open and saw Atinuke in her natural state(no make up) looking beautiful.
"Good morning." Atinuke greeted.
"Good morning." Tina replied.
"Can I come in?" She asked.
It was then Tina realised she was blocking the door way.
She smiled as she stepped aside to let come inside.
THIRTY MINUTES LATER
The two ladies were gossipping about everything they could think of, fashion, music, cars, men, relationships to mention a few.
"I thought you said you wanted to fix yourself a breakfast?"
"Yeah." Tina replied.
"Lemme go and get dressed. So we'll go shopping together." Atinuke said as she slipped out of the kitchen.
Tina started preparing what to eat. She had it in mind to make rice but so she doesn't keep Atinuke waiting, she decided to make potato chips to go with fried egg.
Just when she settled down to eat on the kitchen table the doorbell rang.
"Yes? Am coming." She said as she put on her flip flops and ran to the sitting room to open the door.
"Good morning ma." She stammered as she greeted Mrs Douglas.
"Will you at least step aside?" Mrs Douglas said as she walked in rudely.
Tina took the behaviour in good faith as she followed her mother in law to be.
"So you are Raymond's girlfriend?" She asked.
"Y....ess Ma." Tina replied stuttering.
Mrs Douglas sat down on the three seater couch which was littered with a plate of Ice cream and nylon of pop corn consumed by Atinuke.
"Don't you think you should go get job?" Mrs Douglas asked.
Tina knew where the conversation will lead to so she kept her calm.
"You see my son Raymond is engaged to a beautiful lady. The daughter of the state's deputy governor. So you stand no chance." Mrs Douglas announced.
Tina still kept quiet counting her fingers.
"I'll give you five million naira. Go and start something with it and leave my son to mingle with people of his class."
"But mum I love Raymond." Tina said for the first time since the conversation began.
"I know you do but you are a nobody. Imagine just because you got the opportunity to sleep here for a night you littered this expensive couch with the packs of this expensive ice cream." Mrs Douglas said.
Tina wanted to talk that it was her daughter who littered the couch but she decided against it.
"I'll be back here in the evening and I don't expect to meet you. I'll have the money wired to your account and don't be suprised I knew you account number."
"I don't need your money." Tina replied sharply.
"You'll regret ever talking to me like that you slut."
Tina sat on the floor and let the tears flow freely.
"Is it a crime to be poor. Everyone can't be rich. My God." she cried.
And a few minutes later Atinuke came in to meet Tina in a heartbroken state.
"Sister Tina am set." she called.
"Am not going anymore."
"I know this is the handiwork of mum and I've expressed my displeasure to her. Raymond will do something once he returns. So please lets go.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2014
You guys have been my major source of inspiration.... Your comments have been d driving force and I really appreciate y'all.
@Hameenat94- I guess dammy has answered that.
@Dammygoody- Thanks for coming to my rescue.
@Darus5- You too like update o.
@Melancholy- I yaf continued o.
@Uthman51- U reserving ur comments I guess.
I really appreciate you guys and those who had commented before yesterday. I love y'all.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Emzypaz(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Welldone d9ty7 so you can write romance this much? No wonder Tolani is growing fond of you.... Lol, dnt mind me.
More updates pls.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by moseph(f): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2014
D9ty7 more knowledge to your brain.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Emzypaz its beta I dnt see u o....
Emzypaz: Welldone d9ty7 so you can write romance this much? No wonder Tolani is growing fond of you.... Lol, dnt mind me.
More updates pls.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thank you for the update D9ty7 but Tina should have expected things won't go on smoothly b4.keep up the good work
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Dc rich women sef alwys talking of classic without remember even their bakground. If I'm Raymond,I'll mad at her. My Oga D9ty7 a day without reading ur thread is nt completed 4me sha,txns 4 d gud wok keep up...following.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 6:40am On Aug 05, 2014
guys lets hook ourselves on whatsapp.... my number z 08166920449
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Ghostmode deactivated..following ardently..kip up d gudwrk D9ty7
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2014
--continuation--
Raymond was driving at a relatively slow pace back from work. He was in no hurry to reach home as he took his time to take bends and patiently waited for pedestrians to cross the road.
He let his mind wander as he remembered the conversation he had with his mother the day he took Tina home.
"Raymond look at me, I am your mother and you are my son. You can't marry that girl." Bianca said.
"Mum can you give me a reason why I can't marry her?" He asked.
"Thank you. You see girls like this are after your money, she is a noobody and she deserves to marry someone of her own calibre." Bianca explained.
"Mum if she is after my money she ought to have been making demands but there has been nothing of such since I started seeing her." Raymond replied.
"Its the plan. She wants to win your trust first." she replied.
"I trust her she can't do that."
"I know many girls that are willing to marry you. Senator Iyiola's daughter is there for you to pick, the deputy governor is there for you but you choosed to marry a girl from the gutter."
"Mum save it. Like you were the president's daughter when you got married to dad. Aren't you secretary back then?" Raymond asked angrily.
Her son's outburst caught her off balance and she lacked what it takes to counter her son.
"Go on and marry her but no while am alive will you marry that wretched thing." Mrs Douglas said as she walked out on her son who was still fuming in anger.
The conversation he had with his mother came flashing and he smiled remembering how his mother's face changed when he asked her if she was the president's daughter when she got married to his father.
This time Raymond had gotten to the estate gate. The policemen assisting the Douglas' security men saluted him and he drove inside.
"Welcome oga." Haruna greeted immediately he alighted from the car.
"Haruna how you doing?"
"Oga small madam say make I give you this fafer." The hausa man said calling 'P' 'F'
Raymond knew at once that what he meant by small madam was Tina.
Raymond collected the envelop and walked in, he read the letter as he walked in.
In the letter Tina explained extensively why she had to go citing reasons that her mum needed her urgently and she also explained that she is no longer interested in her job.
Raymond was suprised as he exited the house.
"Haruna."
"Yes oga."
"Where did she say she was going?"
"Oga I no know o. All I see was that Big Madam came and shouted on her. Then small madam left after that crying." The hausa man explained in the best of his ability.
Raymond needed no soothsayer to tell him that his mum had come to drive his girlfriend away. At once he started boiling in rage. He walked back into the house, picked up his car key and exited the house. He drove out of the compound towards his parent's apartment.
Its high time he unleashed his anger on his mother who thinks money is everything.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2014
Hmm...nyc update but sha we will always need more.#teamolivertwist
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2014
Txns 4 dc meal u make my day.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Thank you Raymond for standing by Tina but warn that your mum wella o make she no trepass again o.well done sire
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
seunviju: Thank you Raymond for standing by Tina but warn that your mum wella o make she no trepass again o.well done sire
Seunviju I d see u watup?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
I really want to know the followers of my stories better so add me on whatsapp via 08166920449.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
cnt remmber the no of tyms of tyms av refreshed is page...Oga D9ty7, pls kum n update oo
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Darus05: Seunviju I d see u watup?
am okay Darus and am sure you are good too huh?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Raymond's mum has forgotten her root.
Splendid work Duro.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
seunviju: am okay Darus and am sure you are good too huh?
Yes o... jst chilli by nd u no sleep u stil d view dc thread? anyway nice 2 knw u ar ok.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by arabaribiti(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
am following you bumber to bumber
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Where are you @ naw,let us know when you will be updating and how many times it will be naw.you are starving us with update naw D9ty7.Abegi biko
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
D9ty7

where art thou, Boss?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by famola(m): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
GOOD WORK PLEAS KEEP IT UP,PEAS UPDATE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian.. / The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.