Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,984 members, 7,936,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:00 AM

Generation To Generations... - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Generation To Generations... (96161 Views)

The Tenth Generation / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
lenmafon: gudmorning queenxstar, sounds like u are mad at me embarassed pls just try and check first to see what i mean cos i had to read those pages three times.
will u update today? cos i've been hungry since yesterday for more
Haba darling, I'm not angry.

Here is an extract from chapter 19

Just then Kelvin phone rang. 'It's the PM. ' He announced before picking and activating loudspeaker. 'The money was returned back to the vault, I had to ensure it was genuine before calling. '

Katherine shrieked in delight.

'Oh my God...' Olaide placed his palm over his mouth.

'Was that Katherine...? With all due respect Kel, I am not asking for  permission, I am just telling you. I am on my way there, Katherine and I are going to my wife's boutique to pick a dress for the award night. That is the least  I can do to thank her for helping take away that feeling of incompetence that had threatened to overwhelm me.'

'You have my permission.'

Katherine glared at Kelvin with feigned annoyance.

Kelvin burst into laughter and Olaide joined him.

The PM said he was on his way to pick Katherine. It couldn't have been Olaide because he was right there with them.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Katherine came out and leaned at the car, she glanced from the red brick driveway to the everything.else and then up to the top of the building.

'Welcome to my home.' Kelvin told her with a smile and outstretched arms.

'Welcome to my palace would suit better.' She beamed mesmerized. 'This is lovely and magnificent, ' she turned around. 'I wasn't expecting anything less anyway.'

'Thank you. Let's go in.' He extended his hand.

She took a step away from him. 'Must I go in today, I can already imagine what the inside would like. I'll rather go to home.'

'What is this place, hell? ' He facef her with feigned annoyance and managed to put enough irritation in his voice to that effect.

Her jawed dropped in disbelief at his statement that was more like an outburst. Lost of what to say she stared at him. There was definitely something up his sleeves. She sighed wishing she had enough strength to protest. She just wanted to go home.

She saw a dark brown door and head towards it.

He hurried after and took her hand. 'I was only acting up.'

She didn't respond neither did she withdraw her hand.

Few seconds later, he had asked her to sit while he hurried up through one of the two grand stairscase in the large sitting room.

The house was massive, looking more like a mansion as she had told him. Its beauty was  indescribably wonderful to the eye: polished floors which are mirror-like, exquisite choice of paint colours, breathtakingly spectacular interior and exterior design that matched like twins.

She loved the antiques and would have love to a closer look but was tensed and worried. She entwined her palms and directed her attention to the large screen television.

In three minutes, they came in.

Kelvin was hands on his companion shoulders pushing her forward while an elderly woman was behind them.

A smiled formed on her lips as she did comparison with her eyes.

'What do you think of us darl?' Kelvin said as they halted before her.

She stood. 'You two look so much alike, but she look so much like Mr Franklin, same eyes color.'

Kelvin chuckled while Camilla laughed.

'You see, my sister never believes we look alike. ' Kelvin extended a hand to Katherine and drew her close. 'Katherine meet my baby sister, Camilla Sigismund and Cam, meet my darling, a very good friend and SIC assistant director general.'

They hugged each other.

'It's my pleasure to meet you finally, Kel has told me a lot about me.' She loved her, she was so beautiful more like Beyonce with a ebony black hair.

'That am naughty right? ' Camilla pouted and folded her arms.

'Of course not. ' Katherine chuckled. She should be about 23 years of age.

'I've heard so much of you from my brother and the media, you look so lovely in person and I can't help but wonder on how you'll look when you fully recover.'

'Thank you so much.' She beamed.

Kelvin had been so happy at the exchange, he placed a hand on the around the shoulder of the elderly woman. 'Katherine meet my mum in Nigeria, she in charge of the house and also ensures I don't starve.' He rubbed his abdomen. 'Mrs Bridget meet my ...you know all about her. 'He winked at her.

Mrs Bridget laughed understanding him. She opened her arms and Katherine went in for a warm embrace.

'Thank you for all the peppered soup you made me, it worked like magic.' She whispered.

'Thank God dear, I'm happy to meet at last.' Mrs B smiled at her.

'Can you please excuse us? ' He them when they were done exchanging pleasantries.

Camilla took Mum B arm and they left via an adjoining door.

Kelvin led her to a seat and stooped in front of her.

'Katherine you are going to be staying until you feel very much better.'

'Staying as in? '

'Living here.'

'I can't stay here.'

'My sister is here, Mum B is here besides, I wouldn't dare try something I know God won't approve.'

'What's wrong with my house? '

'Loneliness Sweetie, that is what is wrong with it. You are going to stress yourself at home and you don't need those. You can have as much privacy as you need here.'

'There is no need for all that because I can't stay, I want my house. ' She stood. 'I'll hail a cab.'

He stood to face her. 'This is not about what you want damn it Katherine! ' His voice rose exasperated. 'This is about what you need, what you need to recover! What you need so I don't have to sleep on a camp bed in the hospital once more! '

'It's gets better doesn't it. ' She muttered and sat with a palm under her chin and her eyes on the rug.

'Kathy, this all for  you. Please...'.He stooped before her once more

'Can I be left to think about this? ' She glance at his face.

'Not after I've showed you your room.' Before she could protest,  he stood, took both hands and helped her to her feet.

Katherine rolled her eyes. She glanced around for something detachable she could use to flog him.

As soon as she entered the room, a mini suitcase on the inviting bed caught her attention because it was familiar.

Kelvin leaned at the door frame and crossed her legs with a knowing smile.

She unzipped it and lo and behold, the clothing inside were familiar, not just familiar they were hers!
She gasped horrified. 'You went to my house and went you through my stuffs!'

'I closed my eyes most of the time.'

She used a palm to close her face and the other to clutch her chest. 'I think am going to die of cardiac arrest.' She screamed and burst into sobs.

He covered the distance in between and threw his arms around her. 'I am anticardiac arrest.' He declared.

'Silly you, there is no such thing as an anti cardiac arrest!' She shrieked and then picked a pillow and begin to let out her embarrassment on him.

5 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Jesusbaby93(f): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wow! I can't help smiling...
Well done jare Queenstar, u are indeed a star!
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Pooh lovely kath n kel,romantic grin
Re: Generation To Generations... by Hameenat94(f): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Let my thoughts come 2 pass oh btw these 2 ks... Wonderful work dear
Re: Generation To Generations... by sebak(f): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tnx dear, more ink2 ur pen... waiting patiently 4 d nxt update.
Re: Generation To Generations... by pweeeetychi: 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
i am waiting for the wedding day, they so fit perfectly
Re: Generation To Generations... by kadiriafolasade: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Weldone Queen.....lovely update.
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
am following this story lovingly.

wonderful update
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:20am On Sep 11, 2014
Jesusbaby93: Wow! I can't help smiling...
Well done jare Queenstar, u are indeed a star!
It's a honor to make you smile dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2014
Candis009: Pooh lovely kath n kel,romantic grin
Yea... yea.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:23am On Sep 11, 2014
Hameenat94: Let my thoughts come 2 pass oh btw these 2 ks... Wonderful work dear
I join my hope with yours dearest.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2014
sebak: Tnx dear, more ink2 ur pen... waiting patiently 4 d nxt update.
Thank you dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2014
pweeeetychi: i am waiting for the wedding day, they so fit perfectly
Gist me more dear.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2014
kadiriafolasade: Weldone Queen.....lovely update.
Thank you darling.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2014
boladex1: am following this story lovingly.

wonderful update
Thank you my loving Bola.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2014
Royal darlings of mine I have a question for you, what do you think is Katherine age?
Re: Generation To Generations... by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Queenxstar: Royal darlings of mine I have a question for you, what do you think is Katherine age?
I think she is in her twenties
Re: Generation To Generations... by lenmafon: 8:44am On Sep 11, 2014
queenxstar sorry for the stress of making u rewrite dat part, a big thanks and i understand now. he was speaking thru the phone. thanks for being patient with me. kathy will be btwn 22 - 24 years smiley
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2014
I know y u not winning writer of d months and I don't care. you are so far my writer of the YEAR. BEAUTIFUL update and work as well
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Queenxstar: Royal darlings of mine I have a question for you, what do you think is Katherine age?
between 24-26
Re: Generation To Generations... by hassan85(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2014
between 24-26years old
Re: Generation To Generations... by monimine: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Hummmmmmmm. i cant stop smiling. i have read it twice this morning. i just want to say well done. and hope they will eventually become one. am a silent reader anyway but dis episode is sooo loving. Queenstar well done.
Re: Generation To Generations... by monimine: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2014
she should be between 20-24years.
Re: Generation To Generations... by kadiriafolasade: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2014
I think Katerine should b in her early twenties.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
I don't want ranges dearies, I need a specific figure.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2014

Camilla and Katherine were seated in the sitting room, Camilla was watching the nollywood movie showing on television while Katherine was reading a movie she had collected from Kelvin's library.

'Have you been to Nigeria before? ' Katherine had a finger between the closed novel on her lap.

'Twice. ' She replied and sat up from the sofa bed she had been lying on. 'Anytime I am on vacation, I make sure coming to Nigeria is part of my plans even if it is for few days so I could see my brother. He is usually excited when I come because my mum and elder sister have phobia of travelling down here. '

'You don't say.'

'If my hear this, she is going to seal my life forever.' Her brows creased. 'It is just that I don't know what they have against the country, not even considering Kelly. In as much I hear his voice over the phone, I long always to see him knowing his more of an introvert.'

'Love ones should always be love ones and distance should not be a barrier. When the distance barrier is bridged, we shouldn't think twice before we cross over. Those moments should always be cherished.' She expantiated, in an attempt to change the path was taking she asked, 'What language do you interprete in the United Nations.'

'Espanol officially. ' She smiled. 'It all depends really.'

Katherine looked at her closely because of the tone of her response. 'Cam, how many language can you speak? '

Camilla laughed. 'Katherine, what's your guess?' She forked a couple of sliced cucumber.

'Three, four.' Katherine shrugged.

She smiled. 'I can speak ten languages. '

'Ten languages? ' She gasped and shifted to the edge of the sofa. 'You are joking!' She was baffled.

'I can speak Espanol, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Italian and French.' She beamed. 'It is only my colleagues that don't go -you're joking!'

'Wow! That's fabulous!' Her eyes shone in pure delight.

She munched. 'I can speak English also.' Camilla added and chuckled. 'Those are languages that when you pull me out of bed and ask me questions in any of those languages, I will be able to reply.'

'Mmmm hmm... that is wonderful! How are you able to achieve that? '

'When I told you I can speak those languages, I also mean writing them. For me, I consider speaking a language with inability to write it incomplete and I don't blow my trumpet on that basis. So there are other languages I can speak properly but can't write well yet. How am I able to achieve that? ' She paused momentarily. 'I believe strongly it is a talent from God. When I determined to become a linguist in high school, I decided to learn, speak and write at least a language every year.'

Katherine had admiration for her. 'I've got lot of respect for you, those are the likes of statement I hear from people that thrills me.'

'Thank you Katherine.'

'I know such determination has ups and downs but what level do you intend taking that to? ' She sipped from the tumbler of pineapple juice.

' I honor invites to interpret for some ministers of the Gospel. I look forward to that point in my life in which I will be able to communicate with anybody from any part of the world.'

'What a wonderful dream to have! How I love you Camilla! I pray God grant to you your heart desires.'

'Amen.' Camilla stood with her saucer and went to perched on the arm of her saucer. 'What's your dream ma'am? ' She handed the saucer, 'Have some.'

'For as long as I remain in SIC and any other place God will have be, I am going to do as much as I can to take it to the top, promote unity among others and make the world a better place.' She munched cucumber.

'My daddy will be so proud of you. I pray God give you all the wisdom. Will you be able to take a stroll outside the gate?'

'I will if Mum B will come with us. So in case I feel faint, I will have two support.' She looked down at the saucer.

'I concur.' She placed an arm around her shoulders. 'I bought you some things.'

'Really?' Katherine smiled up at her.

+++

2 Likes

Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2014
monimine: Hummmmmmmm. i cant stop smiling. i have read it twice this morning. i just want to say well done. and hope they will eventually become one. am a silent reader anyway but dis episode is sooo loving. Queenstar well done.
Welcome to the family Sweetie, please don't go back to silent mode.
Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
in as much i always like your update its always too short.

am not satistfied with this food oooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
hassan85: I know y u not winning writer of d months and I don't care. you are so far my writer of the YEAR. BEAUTIFUL update and work as well
I am winning yet because those who believe I deserve it are not voting. I cannot vote myself. Thank you Hassan.

1 Like

Re: Generation To Generations... by boladex1: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
sorry i have never voted before, but you really need to update a long one regularly and
just copy the example of winners. we have be on this story for a long time but see how far we have gone.

i pray for more strength for you.
Re: Generation To Generations... by Queenxstar(f): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
boladex1: sorry i have never voted before, but you really need to update a long one regularly and
just copy the example of winners. we have be on this story for a long time but see how far we have gone.

i pray for more strength for you.
Noted but cannot be granted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / A Story: Broken Vows / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.