Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,823 members, 7,962,679 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc (7209 Views)

Hnd Or Bsc, Not A Factor For A Better Career. / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Basic Medical Science In Nigeria - The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by Hndholder(m): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
nate logo compared with yaba/ ibadan poly logo

Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by blesdman(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ hnd hOLDER
yoU TOO mUCH O. tHANKS FOR YOUR EDUCATIVE PIECE ON THIS THREAD. i AM A b.tECH HOLDER. hOWEVER i REALLY GET PISSED OFF WITH THE DISCRIMINATION FACED BY HND HOLDERS. I ACTUALLY THINK THAT THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF SOME SORT OF SHORTSIGHTEDNESS AND MYOPIC REASONING OF THOSE IN AUTHORITIES OR EVEN OUR CIVIL FOLKS IN HAVING TO UTTERLY DISREGARD THE TECHNOLOGIST.
I BELIEVE IN CONCURRENT ENGINEERING WHERE EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES HIS PIECE TO A PROJECT.
MY BROTHER, I THINK WHAT WE ARE PRESENTLY FACING IS A FAULTY MINDSET ON EDUCATION. EDUCATION IS SEEN AS A MEANS FOR ACQUISITION OF 'PAPER CERTIFICATION OF SKILL', WHEREAS ACTUAL OBJECTIVE SHOULD BE ACQUISTION OF SKILL, WHILE THE CERTIFICATE IS A BYPRODUCT. WE REALLY NEED AN ATTITUDINAL AND FUNDAMENTAL RETHOUGHT ON OUR EDUCATION VALUES. THAT'S MY SUBMISSION
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by KGREAT(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2009
I have HND from Yabatech, but people with BSC and B Eng reports to me in my office (an international oil and Gas Company in Port Harcourt), In fact some of my subordinates graduated before me but I was promoted to be their boss, the truth of the matter is this, if you have HND you need to prove to the world the stuff you are made of  and be prayerful , but you can reach any level you want to attain in your carrier if you don’t allow inferiority complex to kill your aspiration in life. A school of thought believed that 87% of BSC holders will never learn any new thing as an improvement to their academic qualification after their graduation (they fail to know that this is the secret of success in life). Continual improvement is the real secret of long-lasting success! HND is good and BSC is good .Your mindset determines how far you go. Cheers
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by Hndholder(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2009
The truth is bitter
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by ishmael(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2009
@HND-holder
nigerians are funny. NBTE are visiting universities/colleges in Uk and are partnering with them for nigerian HND holders to do Msc programs directly without going thru PGD, which they agree with. My question is, why cant NBTE partner with nigerian universities first to allow HND holders go in for Msc programs directly. How many nigerians can be able to go to Europe to do Msc??
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by Hndholder(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2009
Nigerian universities look fake. They have alot to cover, to produce quality B.Tech degree in Nigerian polytechnics we need non bias lecturers. So we have to produce our own type of lecturers.
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by ishmael(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hnd-holder:

Nigerian universities look fake. They have alot to cover, to produce quality B.Tech degree in Nigerian polytechnics we need non bias lecturers. So we have to produce our own type of lecturers.

but they are the ones reigning in the country today and their products making noise up and down. with the number of universities and university graduates that we have in nigeria ghana just overtook us. na wa ooo.
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by Hndholder(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
Nigeria is said to be a leading nation in the consumption of the end products of other nations technological exertions. In fact, virtually everything except air is imported,
Nigeria needs skilled manual workers as never before. Some young Nigerians refuse to become bricklayers, Fiona Ledger a BBC reporter in Lagos saw it all, and he knew that communications, electricity and power are crying out for upgrading and better maintenance. But the idea of a vocational education is looked down upon by many young people
So they join in purchasing certificate called degree
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by ishmael(m): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2009
Hnd-holder:

Nigeria is said to be a leading nation in the consumption of the end products of other nations technological exertions. In fact, virtually everything except air is imported,
Nigeria needs skilled manual workers as never before. Some young Nigerians refuse to become bricklayers, Fiona Ledger a BBC reporter in Lagos saw it all, and he knew that communications, electricity and power are crying out for upgrading and better maintenance. But the idea of a vocational education is looked down upon by many young people
So they join in purchasing certificate called degree

i weep for Nigeria. Ghana is ahead of us now, their polytechnics are already awarding degrees.
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by Hndholder(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2009
Executive Secretary of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Dr. Nuru Yakubu, has said there is no going back on the decision of the Federal Government to allow the nation's polytechnics award degrees in science and technology. Thus, the Bachelors of Technology Degrees from the Polytechnics is expected to possess all of the practical skills of the HND but with more in-depth theoretical underpinning knowledge of the field of study,Under the new dispensation, he said the National Diploma (ND) would be retained and all entrants to the B. Tech programme would be required to have a relevant ND in addition to five credits at the SSCE level. Besides, Yakubu disclosed that only the polytechnics with adequate availability of human and material resources, as well as experience in running an accredited HND programme would be given approval to commence the B. Tech programme by his Board.
Re: Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc by xanders(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
HND holder thumbs up.  smiley what differenciates the bricklayer from the medical doctor or the civil engineer? the fact is each and every one (doctrs, stone masons, carpenters, etc) is a vital tool in the great loom of his/her respective field. only when the bricklayer or stone mason, electrician, carpenter even bus driver, can be looked upon with pride and treated as such, only then will a new dawn have set in this country. why?, because my friends, then the governors, senators, and rural leaders will realise that they are leaders of leaders, not leaders of followers, and all such leaders will learn to act accordingly in carrying out of their leadership roles

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Candel Company Ltd / Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will / Professional Accountants, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.