Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,065 members, 7,960,409 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? (7112 Views)

The Secret Behind Storing Yams So It Doesn't Grow Moulds / Reach The Moderator Here - Complaints~ Feedbacks~ Suggestions / Suggestions For Nigerian Salty Snacks Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by AmakaOne(f): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2008
I bought a lot and I mean a lot of peeper, and it tends to dehydrate and shrivel after a while in the fridge.

Any one got any suggestions about how to keep it.

Hot sauce recipes will be welcome

Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by princessk1: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2008
i always wrap mine in old newspapers with no moisture den airtight in plastic bags before storing in fridge
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by omoge(f): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2008
i blend mine and freeze.

Amaka you love that hot pepper smiley. same here i can't cook without habernero (atarodo sub) o. am so used to hot stews now. 5 tomatoes 3 or more habaneros lol grin
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by omoge(f): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2008
there is something i do also.

buy large amount of the hot rodo or habenaros pepper
blend them to a very smooth paste with or without onion.
now heat oil and then fry the smooth paste till all the water is dried out. make sure it is not burnt.
store in a plastic bowl for addition to your meals whenever you want it.

it is also good way if others are sharing your meal. you cook without pepper and then use the hot sauce on yours alone.
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by AmakaOne(f): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2008
@omoge

I love pepper o!
I must have it on almost everything.
I think I will try your last suggestion and make the hot sauce to keep.

yummy!
Thank u!
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by Leilah(f): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2008
i freeze them just as they are.
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by nila07: 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2008
same for me, I just freeze them. or a make this pepper sauce:
blend them with fresh tomato, a small onion and a small cube of maggi. then I sautee a teaspoon of tomatoe paste in a tiny bit of oil, then add the blend. let it sautee together for a few minute in a closed pot. because if you open it, you know whats gonna happen to your nose and eyes! then if you want you can add a few drops of white vinegar.
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by mohawkchic(f): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2008
~I wash,seal & freeze them in a zip-it plastic . . . it can stay in freezer for ever!! grin then sometimes i make pepper gravy by blending pepper ,then season & fry w/ a few drops of olive oil . . .i only eat that with Rice & fish . . yum yum . . . i store the rest of the pepper gravy in the fridge!!
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by rubi(f): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2008
I blend mine and steam it a little to take out the water then put it in plastic container finally in freezer
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by AmakaOne(f): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2008
@posters  kiss

Thank you ladies for all your great suggestions.

@omoge I tried your suggestion last night. Great stuff. I am using it tonight.

I still have about half a basket of habaneros  left ( that's what u get for going crazy at the farmers market).
I will try the rest of the suggestions tonight.

thanks again all of you
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by MrCrackles(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2008
i suggest stuffing the peppers into a pant!
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by tosinadeda: 3:22am On Nov 28, 2008
MrCrackles:

abi undecided
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by AmakaOne(f): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2008
MrCrackles:

your pant abi? angry

your own no get equal o!!
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by Hauwa1: 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2008
what a great storage place for habernero pepper smiley, Brash pant :O

just store it in there and we all stand and watch what comes next smiley
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by Cayon(f): 2:47am On Dec 24, 2008
WHERE IS THIS LADY (AMAKAONE)?

I AM LOOKING FOR A RECIPE SIMILIAR TO SORREL SHE POSTED SOME TIME AGO. ITS MADE FROM HIBISCUS FLOWERS AND IS RED. I WROTE DOWN THE RECIPE BUT I CANT FIND IT.
I'VE SEARCHED EVERY THREAD AND CAN'T FIND. INSTEAD OF MAKING SORREL I WANT TO MAKE THAT DRINK INSTEAD - SINCE I AM HAVING HAVE SOME NIGERIANS OVER FOR XMAS.

PEACE
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:18am On Dec 24, 2008
Most people i know just blend it with a Little chicken broth and salt and then freeze it, in separate container, . . . . .

Bring ;em out and thaw before use and u are good to go, it could last for a Long as six months at this rate, wink
Re: Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? by gozzilla(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2008
@cayon
The hibiscus leaf is zobo. So search for zobo in nairaland you will find plenty suggestions.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! / 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} / Can Anyone Export Nigeria Food To South Africa For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.