Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:03 AM

Ebola In The Church? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola In The Church? (786 Views)

Ebola In Abuja ? / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola In The Church? by igbokwesampson(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Its a known fact that in our churches during the either church service or Mass celebration by the Catholics, there is usually a section reserved for exchanging of greetings mostly through handshake and hug, popularly referred to as " offer of peace " as used by the catholics, now I ask, given the recent outbreak of the deadly Ebola Virus and its easy spread especially through contact( I.e Handshakes ) is it still safe to continue this practice in our churches? If yes what are they measures to put in place in order to protect members? If no, how can it be replaced or what other alternatives exist? Our church should be a place for protection not Destruction of members, A stitch in time they saves nine.

1 Like

Re: Ebola In The Church? by Jellyjust: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
A vital observation, infact am just coming back from 9.30am mass and during the time of "" the sign of peace I was skeptical , only managed to shake 4persons directly before even as it seems unavoidable to shake over 20person that extended their hands to shake me. I just hope our church leader will not brush it off with excuse like" the holy spirit will protect his people".
Re: Ebola In The Church? by Jellyjust: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
May God help his people sha
Re: Ebola In The Church? by Meestique: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hehe..! Why should u be scared of common 'ebola' in the house of the Great Physician?

1 Like

Re: Ebola In The Church? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ignorance is a sin, brothers you can't get Ebola from a healthy person (during the incubation period).
You can only contact the virus from a sick person ie when the symptoms is visible.
Re: Ebola In The Church? by igbokwesampson(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
phatjoe50: Ignorance is a sin, brothers you can't get Ebola from a healthy person (during the incubation period).
You can only contact the virus from a sick person ie when the symptoms is visible.
my dear this is dependent on the type of contactooooo , no go there, if one have first contact withan infected person he/she is sure to get infected between even very sick person does go to church too and do participate in this ritual of exchange of peace, u can never tell only being proactive boss
Re: Ebola In The Church? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
igbokwesampson: my dear this is dependent on the type of contactooooo , no go there, if one have first contact withan infected person he/she is sure to get infected between even very sick person does go to church too and do participate in this ritual of exchange of peace, u can never tell only being proactive boss

Ehhhh!!! When you see a sick person stay away na, but no that you can't get it from an infected healthy person.
Re: Ebola In The Church? by igbokwesampson(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
phatjoe50:
Ehhhh!!! When you see a sick person stay away na, but no that you can't get it from an infected healthy person.
Thanks Boss
Re: Ebola In The Church? by Affable0709(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
l thought about it too. its unavoidable when they 'extend' their hands.. but God watches his people.

(1) (Reply)

Daris Sanitary Pad Causes Death,true Or Hoax / Ebola Could Be Airborne ! ! ! Find Out How - Canadian Scientists / Ebola: 2 Additional Cases In Nigeria !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.