Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,863 members, 7,889,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (904 Views)

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Beautifulme4me: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Throughout in church today. i kept thinking about this. the bible said we should forgive those who wrong us, why didn't God himself forgive Adam and eve when the fail in the garden of Eden? ok, Jesus is representing Adam now since through him the slavery that came through Adam was abolish, what happen to the curses that God place on man? because even if you are born again or not, those curses still work. example: painful labour for women. struggles to feed, death and all that.
my question is this: Dose God really completely forgive sin?
why is it so hard for God to forgive Adam. i know they did not ask for forgiveness. but now, we have Jesus in our life, we ask for forgiveness of sins every day, yet we still face those curses?
bible scholars in the house, pls put me through here.

6 Likes

Re: . by tobtap: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
God forgave them....God only pronounced the consequence of sin to them...remember that the reward of sin is death....shalom
Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
still not clear
Re: . by Alwaystrue(f): 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Beautifulme4me: Throughout in church today. i kept thinking about this. the bible said we should forgive those who wrong us, why didn't God himself forgive Adam and eve when the fail in the garden of Eden?
Hello @beautifulme4me,
Despite the fact that they didn't ask for forgiveness, they simply suffered consequences of their actions. God wasn't joking when he said they would die if they ate of the tree. He is faithful to His word and has integrity. He still clothed them when they felt naked.
His forgiveness was the plan for the coming of the saviour to the world anyway.

Beautifulme4me: Ok, Jesus is representing Adam now since through him the slavery that came through Adam was abolish, what happen to the curses that God place on man? because even if you are born again or not, those curses still work. example: painful labour for women. struggles to feed, death and all that.
my question is this: Dose God really completely forgive sin?
why is it so hard for God to forgive Adam. i know they did not ask for forgiveness. but now, we have Jesus in our life, we ask for forgiveness of sins every day, yet we still face those curses?
bible scholars in the house, pls put me through here.
Christians who do the will of the Lord can't be cursed.
You need to also realise that Jesus death of the cross was to create the bridge of Man to God that was severed at the time Adam sinned.
The redemption of the soul is progressive and many times depends on how we possess it.

However our world still has principalities and powers who rule and have natural laws in this world and continuing in sin will make the Christian subject to those laws.
That is why it's possible for a prisoner on deatg row to accept Christ but still be killed for the sins he committed physically even though God has accepted him. Just like the thief on the cross.

The truth of the matter is no more does man have a ready made garden of Eden for him.
Now he has to decree and declare the victory that Christ has won for him. Now divine principles are followed most times to access the blessings in God. Remember Satan is very much in operation trying to tempt and destroy, if Jesus experienced this on earth then expect to go through same but with His help. Let's still discuss.
Re: . by nonen(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Christians who do the will of the Lord can't be cursed. However our world still has principalities and powers who rule and have natural laws in this world and continuing in sin will make the Christian subject to those laws.

The truth of the matter is no more does man have a ready made garden of Eden for him.
Now he has to decree and declare the victory that Christ has won for him. Now divine principles are followed most times to access the blessings in God. Remember Satan is very much in operation trying to tempt and destroy, if Jesus experienced this on earth then expect to go through same but with His help. Let's still discuss. [/quote]

Ironical statement. You said Christians who do the will of God can't be cursed and you ended up citing the example of Jesus suffering.

The truth I've learnt from the Bible is this:
Adam and Eve sinned against God and there's a penalty stated before them before they sinned, therefore if they don't face the penalty, God becomes a liar.

Right in the Garden of Eden, God made a provision for descendants of Adam and Eve to fulfill His original desire for mankind, which is filling up the earth with righteous persons and righteousness. There He foretold the coming of Jesus as the ransom for what Adam and Eve lost.

Humans, both righteous and unrighteous, will continue to suffer from the effects of Adams sin because satan the devil rules this world, and it'll continue until God's Kingdom, which Jesus Christ asked us to pray for finally comes.

Where the worry should be is: what is keeping the Kingdom from coming? The answer is still found in the Bible. They include:

God's Patience
God's love

Note however that the increasing lawlessness and immorality is a sign that the Kingdom is near. So we're all urged to get ready for the Take Over by the Heavenly Kingdom.
Re: . by Alwaystrue(f): 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
@nonen,
The suffering of Christ was preordained and part of the redemptive plan. Jesus chose to go through with it. He experienced similar temptation as Adam but didn't sin.

You basically ssummed up what I said anyway in your post. Thanks.
Re: . by Gombs(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alwaystrue:
Hello @beautifulme4me,
Despite the fact that they didn't ask for forgiveness, they simply suffered consequences of their actions. God wasn't joking when he said they would die if they ate of the tree. He is faithful to His word and has integrity. He still clothed them when they felt naked.
His forgiveness was the plan for the coming of the saviour to the world anyway.

Christians who do the will of the Lord can't be cursed.
You need to also realise that Jesus death of the cross was to create the bridge of Man to God that was severed at the time Adam sinned.
The redemption of the soul is progressive and many times depends on how we possess it.

However our world still has principalities and powers who rule and have natural laws in this world and continuing in sin will make the Christian subject to those laws.
That is why it's possible for a prisoner on deatg row to accept Christ but still be killed for the sins he committed physically even though God has accepted him. Just like the thief on the cross.

Now he has to decree and declare the victory that Christ has won for him. Now divine principles are followed most times to access the blessings in God. Remember Satan is very much in operation trying to tempt and destroy, if Jesus experienced this on earth then expect to go through same but with His help. Let's still discuss.

*Standing Ovation

Op, even if they asked for forgiveness, they couldn't have gotten it. Why? What they needed then was remission of sin, not forgiveness, Sin became their very nature the moment they sold out to the devil... for the Bible declares that who you obey is master over u...they obeyed the devil, and he became master over mankind, with a terrible rule and principles. That was why God gave a prophesy saying the seed of the woman would bruise the hesdmof the serpent...from then on, God carefully chose and crafted a way for the saviour to come. Noah looked like he was gonna be the man, but after the flood, noah sold out too...but thank God for faithful Abraham.

The saviour took that long to come because of the disobedience of the children of Israel..but he finally came! Halleluiah

And yes, if u r not born again, u are under that curse...if u r born again, u can be subject to that curse if u don't lay hold of your inheritance

Gal 4:2
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

...no more ready made eden....
That's why we have to study the Scriptures, for Jesus is the Word, know the Word n u will know God...Speak in tongues...lay hold of what's yours, take back what the devil stole from you.

4 Likes

Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 3:34am On Aug 04, 2014
thanks all. am really getting cleared now. @Gomb, u be pastor abi? ur write up was inspiring.
Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 4:21am On Aug 04, 2014
Re: . by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2014
Beautifulme4me: [quote author=Gombs

And yes, if u r not born again, u are under that curse...if u r born again, u can be subject to that curse if u don't lay hold of your inheritance
@Gomba Sir, how can you explain this. Does it mean that Jesus himself who is the word could not remit the sins thereby canceling those curses? born again Christians still suffer all those curses. example: there is still painful labour for every woman and all that. i know God forgave Adam and Eve from your elaboration above. that's why he thought of alternative way of bringing man back to himself through Jesus.
should i now conclude that God's pronunciation in the garden of Eden, is beyond what Jesus came to Remit?
Jesus has come to take us back to God, but could not remove those curses?

Jesus paid the full price on that cross, and said It is Finished. Remember, when Mary wanted to touch Him after His resurrection, He said
John 20 KJV
 17  Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

We have been made right with God that’s why Jesus said "my Father and Your Father..." , meaning we have all Christ has now, and Jesus was/is not ashamed to call us brethren. So, if u are born again, u are a new specie, u never existed before, u have no past, for u can no longer be traced to Adam, but to Jesus. You are no longer under the curse, but hey! If you don’t discover who and what u are, you will live like mere men, and surely under the curse mere men go through, for the Bible declared, my people perish, not for lack of money, or job, or health, but for lack of knowledge of God’s Word.

As pertaining the painful labour, it is not every woman as u said, u see why we need teach and not just only preach? those who knew and understood they can't go through such gave birth without pains...you thought the Hebrew women's story was fictional? Those folks didn’t have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them as we do today, u can imagine how so much better ours with the Holy Spirit can be.
Women in labour don't have to experience pain during labour. However, it is based on the revelation knowledge of our superior life in Christ. I've seen women give birth without pain.

And, I'm not a pastor, but I'm a Bible study Class teacher, who's made up his mind to be like the Berean Christians. smiley
Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks @Gombs. pls what does Berean Christian mean?
Re: . by Gombs(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Beautifulme4me: Thanks @Gombs. pls what does Berean Christian mean?

smiley
Acts 17:10-11 KJV
And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

These (the Bereans) were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: . by Beautifulme4me: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2014
thanks

1 Like

Re: . by Wizemmanuel(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Who are you to question his authority . Didnt christ died for you already then why doubting his love and forgiveness . For he said i will have mercy no whom i will have mercy and will have compassion on whom i will have compassion. If God didnt love us did you think he will come and died for us.

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Bokos / Bed Undefiled; A Most Read By All! / Conversation Between Satan And God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.