Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,132 members, 7,936,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:09 PM

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) (6018 Views)

Elder Stateman Ayo Adebanjo On GEJ And BUHARI Candidacy Live On AIT Now! / Would Buhari’s Candidacy Be Disqualified Based On His INEC Application? / For The Supporters Of Buhari Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:
abeg don't insult nigeria with your master's failure to fight corruption, which institutions is gej building with the current status of the efcc and icpc.
Well, GEJ became president only in 2010 but Nigeria gained her independence in 1960. Perhaps you can share with us how the various leaders of Nigeria between 1960 and 2010 "fought corruption"? I would have thought that if we have been fighting corruption since 1960, then by 2010 all forms of corruption must have been eliminated. GEJ would not have had any corruption to fight by now. However, if we have been fighting corruption from 1960 till 2014 without success, then something must be wrong with all of us as a people.

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
ShehuAba: Well shizzle it's unfair for you to abuse the General unfairly, Can't you make your points without abuse?.
barcanista it's either you are not in Nigeria or you don't understand Nigerian politics well. It seems you've forgotten that Nigerians still vote for religious or tribal sentiments.
In contesting against the PDP, the APC really needs a candidate who already has a support base and can pull more votes with the party's hard work. You think just the APC governors can garner those votes neglecting the fact that PDP is very much on ground and has a more popular candidate in GEJ.
Have seen you clamor for kwankwaso in some quarters, well we all know there's a clear difference between the two and we all know who's more popular. The APC have experimented with Ribadu in 2011 and he performed woefully, they won't like to make same mistake this time around with a new candidate.
Unless if PDP is coming with another new candidate apart from GEJ, then APC can do same.
But as it stands now, Buhari is still the only candidate that can give GEJ a run for his money.
I am fully in Nigeria and I am a full blood Nigerian. Is 2015 about just chasing out the PDP and Capturing Power? The APC didn;t Experiment with Ribadu Sir. ACN Presented Ribadu, CPC Presented Buhari and ANPP Presented Ibrahim Shekarau. Had it been Buhari remained in ANPP and allowed for the primaries, the PDP would have had a more formidable oppopsition in 2011.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ojukwu did not start any war. He merely declared independence which he had every right to do since the Nigerian federation was not able to guarantee Igbo lives and property at that time.

He gave Nigeria several weeks to start implementing the Aburi Accord - an agreement he reached with Gowon on a way the massacres of Igbos could be stopped, but Gowon showed no indication that he was going to abide by the accord.

Ojukwu said that Biafra was a border where those running from massacre and genocide could cross and know they were safe.
koboko69:

Maybe if Ojukwu did not start the war...Nigerian would have been a better place. Take it or leave it, that war's multiplier effects is this what is hunting the ibos in particular and the entire nation at a whole. A lot of man power and money were lost in that war. That war also shappened the leadership of this country in a way. Unfortunately u goons have refused to learn from the war and how ur warlord fled Nigeria, u still keep beating the drums of war.

As for Jonathan...rather than try to solve corruption, he has taken corruption to another level. Afterall he came on national tv and said "ordinary stealing people call it corruption" shocked you should be ashamed of your self for supporting such a clueless actor.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Well, you've been searching for a strong incorruptible leader since 1960. Do we have such a person in APC at the moment? I wish you luck in your futile endless search

I know no one but General Buhari as an incorruptible leader. His antecedents speaks volumes as regards this. The search is over for now.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Well, GEJ became president only in 2010 but Nigeria gained her independence in 1960. Perhaps you can share with us how the various leaders of Nigeria between 1960 and 2010 "fought corruption"? I would have thought that if we have been fighting corruption since 1960, then by 2010 all forms of corruption must have been eliminated. GEJ would not have had any corruption to fight by now. However, if we have been fighting corruption from 1960 till 2014 without success, then something must be wrong with all of us as a people.

Spare us ur rants. Instead share specific steps Jonathan has taken to fight it sincerely coupled with him leading by example .
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista:

You actually believe an INDIVIDUAL can kick out corruption in Nigeria? Bros, you'r sitting on a long long thing.

I for one don't believe the President alone can kick out corruption, but the President can influence kicking out corruption (just like what Obj did). It is not only corruption this time but mismanagement and waste.

If it was possible for a president/head of state to single handedly kick out corruption in Nigeria, why hasn't that happened since 1960 till date? Was Nigeria created yesterday? Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?

Nigeria Leaders in the past were not sincere about corruption. No one is blaming Jonathan for Nigeria's Ancestral woes but there are lots of things he could have done in tackling them. He may not do all(No one expects him to) but the ones that comes to his attention should be tackled.

My guy, the SOLUTION to the problems in Nigeria lie in making necessary STRUCTURAL CHANGES and building STRONG INSTITUTIONS.

I agree with you. The Constitution and Political Structures need serious changes. The Constitution and Electoral act should permit for Independent candidacy rather than tie an aspirant to the Aprons of political parties for instance. unfortunately, the President hasn't thought it wise to put motion in progress for such changes....Please don't mention the Confab because it is not different from what was held in 2005.

You guys in APC should not insult our intelligence with your gibberish

No one is insulting your intelligence. The PDP has been in Power since 1999 and we are still revolving in a circle. Our needs of 1999 are same as today. Unfortunately, the incumbent was elected on PDP's platform so he must share from the failures of his predecessors and also himself.
Ok, so you believe Nigeria leaders in the past 5 decades have not been sincere BUT suddenly you expect a sincere leader to emerge in 2015? But what magic will that happen?

Bros, nations are not developed by "sincere" leaders. Nations are developed by putting up SYSTEMS and STRUCTURES that work for the greater majority.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by olapluto(m): 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
WHy Buhari candidacy will sell in 2015
1. Buhari is the ONLY Strong, honest, humble,smart and patriotic Nigeria capable of getting enough votes to massacre PDP.
2. Buhari as a retired general has all it takes to confront Nigeria's biggest security threat of Boko Haram. As a patriotic Nigeria who understands what it takes to have pride and gallantry in the army, Buhari will not need to sack generals yearly to crush Boko Haram. He alone can draft a plan in his office to smash BH to pieces in a short time.
3. The soldiers' morale will be at an all time high if Buhari comes in. Anticorruption will make the generals sit up. Currently, we only painfully read the lamentations of our soldiers on the pages of newspapers and online. So far, the PDP led government is yet to address these issues.
4. Buhari is needed to set the ground for the Nigerian messiah. I sensed from the OP's argument that he wants a 'new generation' president. However, if such a person (e.g Fashola) should become a president now, the problems of NIgeria will consume him in no time. The same problems have swallowed GEJ. In fact, GEJ was swallowed even before he was sworn in. All he's doing now is patching things that alway burst out after each patch. Forget about his NEPA privatisation, SURE-P, etc. GEJ is out of depth.

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

I know no one but General Buhari as an incorruptible leader. His antecedents speaks volumes as regards this. The search is over for now.
But Buhari is one of the past leaders of this country. Buhari had an opportunity in 1983 to prove his incorruptible and messiahnic nature but he failed WOEFULLY. He couldn't even sustain a govt for up to 2 years. Yeye dey smell!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
for some of you, Nigeria never work. You have come to accept mediocrity as your benchmark, Nigeria was once rated above china and Brazil, go and read history, learn about which government was corrupt and those that were doing well.

You can't even compare the level of corruption today with say 2004.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dp
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
But Buhari is one of the past leaders of this country. Buhari had an opportunity in 1983 to prove his incorruptible and messiahnic nature but he failed WOEFULLY. He couldn't even sustain a govt for up to 2 years. Yeye dey smell!
this guy na wa for you, how many minutes does it take to distroy anti corruption programmes, how many days did it take gej to bury the efcc?
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

And how did he fail woefully as regards corruption? Av u consulted ur elders who I believe are better enlightened about this issue? Insincerefool, tell another lie.
Still waiting for u to highlight specific steps from Jonathan to fight the scourge or none exist shocked shocked
Yes the evil genius IBB forced him bloodlessly out and since he isn't the type desperate for power, he went to his farm.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by omenka(m): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Faun:

Coming from a blockhead who made this dumb comment as a result of his shocking inability to comprehend a common speech, I'm not the least bit surprised. Your mother is the cretin who didn't abort you when she had the chance.

Now, thicko, let me help you out of your misery.
Read slowly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa-Fulani

That is a term THEY have chosen to call themselves, not me. That is what they insist they are.
Now, the next time a hungry, dirty animal like you chooses to throw insults at people over the internet, just bear in your little mind, that there will always be someone who does it better.
Animal.
Degenerate illiterate oozing ignorance since 1500BC cheesycheesy

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
olapluto WHy Buhari candidacy will sell in 2015
1. Buhari is the ONLY Strong, honest, humble,smart and patriotic Nigeria capable of getting enough votes to massacre PDP.

i so Disagree. He is NOT the only one.

2. Buhari as a retired general has all it takes to confront Nigeria's biggest security threat of Boko Haram. As a patriotic Nigeria who understands what it takes to have pride and gallantry in the army, Buhari will not need to sack generals yearly to crush Boko Haram. He alone can draft a plan in his office to smash BH to pieces in a short time.

Was Obj not a General? What happened to the ND Militancy?

3. The soldiers' morale will be at an all time high if Buhari comes in. Anticorruption will make the generals sit up. Currently, we only painfully read the lamentations of our soldiers on the pages of newspapers and online. So far, the PDP led government is yet to address these issues.

Spare us dude. We need a Democrat not a Military Head of State. Inasmuch as I am in agreement of improved soldier's welfare, that is not our only primary problem.

4. Buhari is needed to set the ground for the Nigerian messiah. I sensed from the OP's argument that he wants a 'new generation' president. However, if such a person (e.g Fashola) should become a president now, the problems of NIgeria will consume him in no time. The same problems have swallowed GEJ. In fact, GEJ was swallowed even before he was sworn in. All he's doing now is patching things that alway burst out after each patch. Forget about his NEPA privatisation, SURE-P, etc. GEJ is out of depth.

I don't see Buhari as the long awaited messiah. What makes you think that he is needed to "set the ground"? Is he a forerunner?

Please tackle the Original points. Thanks

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:
Apc isn't about Buhari's ambition instead if apc through democratic means wants buhari to take the ticket so be it. Nothing on ground currently suggests that all others will step down for him so why ur fears?
so on point!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Ok, so you believe Nigeria leaders in the past 5 decades have not been sincere BUT suddenly you expect a sincere leader to emerge in 2015? But what magic will that happen?

Bros, nations are not developed by "sincere" leaders. Nations are developed by putting up SYSTEMS and STRUCTURES that work for the greater majority.
In essence are you saying that we should continue with mediocrity? Who will change the system? Is it not the responsibility of the incumbent?
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Faun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: Degenerate illiterate oozing ignorance since 1500BC cheesycheesy

Classless bottom-feeder oozing stupiidity since Adam's first errection.
Have you read that link, or would you like a family member to help you out? wink

13 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
[s]
GenBuhari: Ojukwu did not start any war. He merely declared independence which he had every right to do since the Nigerian federation was not able to guarantee Igbo lives and property at that time.

He gave Nigeria several weeks to start implementing the Aburi Accord - an agreement he reached with Gowon on a way the massacres of Igbos could be stopped, but Gowon showed no indication that he was going to abide by the accord.

Ojukwu said that Biafra was a border where those running from massacre and genocide could cross and know they were safe.
[/s]

Plz dont give have baked info. The problem started with the igbos, they only started crying foul when they played the dirty game first. The two major political leaders of the north, the prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and the Premier of the northern region, Sir Ahmadu Bello were executed by Major Nzeogwu. Also murdered was Sir Ahmadu Bello's wife. This was after an unsuccessful coup which later paved way for ironsi. It is called a failed coup cos Ironsi rallied the military against the coup plotters but didnt take them to trial. The other event that also fuelled the so-called "Igbo conspiracy" was the killing of Northern leaders, and the killing of the Colonel Shodeinde's pregnant wife by the coup executioners. The coup executioners were mostly igbo. This was what brought the problem in the first place. The baggers claiming Buhari truncated a Democratic government have forgotten that the first military coup in the history of Nigeria was carried out by the Igbos. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by olapluto(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: olapluto WHy Buhari candidacy will sell in 2015

i so Disagree. He is NOT the only one.

Was Obj not a General? What happened to the ND Militancy?

Spare us dude. We need a Democrat not a Military Head of State. Inasmuch as I am in agreement of improved soldier's welfare, that is not our only primary problem.

I don't see Buhari as the long awaited messiah. What makes you think that he is needed to "set the ground"? Is he a forerunner?

Please tackle the Original points. Thanks
At this junction, my discussion ends (all your points have been tackled sensibly here already). You do not need to agree with me mate. At the end of the day, you have only one vote, and I have same number. As for me and my family, NO to PDP and YES to Buhari.
If you have anyone who can gather as much votes as Buhari at this moment, please mention it.

Lastly..If you're the only one agreeing with yourself while you disagree with every other person, what does that make you?

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:
for some of you, Nigeria never work. You have come to accept mediocrity as your benchmark, Nigeria was once rated above china and Brazil, go and read history, learn about which government was corrupt and those that were doing well.

You can't even compare the level of corruption today with say 2004.
Well, you cannot turn facts on its head. Nigeria started off with countries like China, Brazil, etc but they left us long time ago because while China, Brazil, et al were making progress, your country was retrogressing. It was not in 2010 (when GEJ became president of Nigeria) that Brazil and China overtook Nigeria. In fact, leaders of Nigeria in the 80s, such as your master Buhari, should be blamed for allowing countries like Brazil and China overtake Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
olapluto:
At this junction, my discussion ends (all your points have been tackled sensibly here already). You do not need to agree with me mate. At the end of the day, you have only one vote, and I have same number. As for me and my family, NO to PDP and YES to Buhari.
If you have anyone who can gather as much votes as Buhari at this moment, please mention it.

Lastly..If you're the only one agreeing with yourself while you disagree with every other person, what does that make you?

I have to assume that you have decided on Buhari even before opening the Thread. Well Done...

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

And how did he fail woefully as regards corruption? Av u consulted ur elders who I believe are better enlightened about this issue? Insincerefool, tell another lie.
Still waiting for u to highlight specific steps from Jonathan to fight the scourge or none exist shocked shocked
Yes the evil genius IBB forced him bloodlessly out and since he isn't the type desperate for power, he went to his farm.
Yes, your master Buhari failed woefully in all the parameters of leadership. In fact, the woes of Nigeria today could all be traced to actions and inactions of the past leaders of Nigeria, including Buhari. He not only truncated a democratic rule but made matters worse by ushering Nigeria into over 18 years of DARK military dictatorship with NOTHING to show.

All the performing governors of the Second republic, including Jakande, were swept away in a senseless military coup. Imagine what Lagos would have been like today if the Lagos metro rail started by Jakande in the 80s was completed in those days. Imagine if Jakande had the vision to start such project in the 80s how much more subsequent democratically elected governors of Lagos would have done if the system was not truncated by power thirsty Buhari and his gang.

If you look at the bigger picture, you'll see that Buhari's 2 year rule in the 80s was a massive failure.

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere Nigerian pls i beg of you, sometimes leave people to wallow in their misery and self deceit. They can quote all the articles and journals and anything they wish to quote. Hell, they can even write an history textbook. We don't bloody care. Its same cankerworms in APC that were in PDP apart from a few. To hell with all their assertions.

If only all the past presidents were able to do half of what Jonathan is doing... and this is despite tackling terrorism head on, caused still by the same cankerworms with the "i must rule" mentality.... Nigeria would have been better than it is.

Honestly what did they forget in Aso Rock that they want to collect . Thieves.

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Yes, your master Buhari failed woefully in all the parameters of leadership. In fact, the woes of Nigeria today could all be traced to actions and inactions of the past leaders of Nigeria, including Buhari. He not only truncated a democratic rule but made matters worse by ushering Nigeria into over 18 years of DARK military dictatorship with NOTHING to show.

All the performing governors of the Second republic, including Jakande, were swept away in a senseless military coup. Imagine what Lagos would have been like today if the Lagos metro rail started by Jakande in the 80s was completed in those days. Imagine if Jakande had the vision to start such project in the 80s how much more subsequent democratically elected governors of Lagos would have done if the system was not truncated by power thirsty Buhari and his gang.

If you look at the bigger picture, you'll see that Buhari's 2 year rule in the 80s was a massive failure.

grin grin grin grin

Insincerefool, debating with u on this issue surely will be a waste of my time so i wont even start it. grin grin To u he failed, so be it however am interested in the present. Tell me what Jonathan is doing differently away from the staus quo. Lets start with the almighty corruption? hat specific step is Jonathan taking to critically fight it? ho is he leading by example to curtail such?
U seems not to have any clue as regards this?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
olapluto:

Chief Barcanista, this is a challenge to u. Lets stop talking vaguely here and go to specifics.
Names, Names, Names and Names.
we need names.
QED.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ShehuAba(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Barcanista you said some people have already made up their mind about Buhari, while you have also made up your mind against him.
Now, let's accept that Buhari is not the Messiah,
Who are your purported messiahs.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Unfortunately, the "Comrades" don't seem to look at merit in this case. As for the 1983 Coup, bros come on, it will be unfair no exonerate Buhari. He was "named" Head of State and Sit tight on power which was Unconstitutional. Instead of putting motion in place to hand power over to Civilian like Obasanjo did. Buhari wasn't elected as far as my memory can serve

Seriously, what grade did you drop out from? Or is it that youve got mental issues, or what? I have schooled you on this topic, earlier today, severally. Still, like a Billy-Goat, you ran over here to create another thread spewing unbelievable ignorance and outright untruths. Its a waste of time discussing with you I see. Shouldnt you be somewhere on the beach with your fellow losers listening to Dbanj and smoking weed laced with cocaine??
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Well, you cannot turn facts on its head. Nigeria started off with countries like China, Brazil, etc but they left us long time ago because while China, Brazil, et al were making progress, your country was retrogressing. It was not in 2010 (when GEJ became president of Nigeria) that Brazil and China overtook Nigeria. In fact, leaders of Nigeria in the 80s, such as your master Buhari, should be blamed for allowing countries like Brazil and China overtake Nigeria

I honestly do not know why people waste their time even arguing with you or quoting you (like Im doing now). The best approach to tackle you should be to let you debate yourself. I have told you, since you claim to be a medical doctor: POST A PICTURE OF YOUR FACE WITH A PLACARD WITH YOUR NL NAME WRITTEN ON IT and if you dont look poverty-stricken I promise to pay you whatever you deem fair up to $3000!

You are a loser and it shows with every post you drop on here.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: APC is an Institution that can use its goodwill to garner votes for its candidate. It shouldn't be a Buhari Vs PDP. If APC is all about Buhari's Ambition then it is not worth to be taken serious. The APC has working Governors and leaders that has the Potential to garner votes if well marketed.

When I read statements like these, It is so easy to realize that you do not even understand your problem in that country. The sad thing is you will waste your youth (in)directly encouraging corruption and by the time you realize your folly itd be too late, youll be too old and your kids wouldve been the slaves of the children of the men you praise today for too long. You will hope that they fight on your behalf so your final days can have a smoother transition, but it wont be so because you have already raised them with the mentality you had at their age... and the cycle of Boss and Slave continues.

You are setting yourself and your future generations up, BIG TIME, and you cant even see it.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: I am fully in Nigeria and I am a full blood Nigerian. Is 2015 about just chasing out the PDP and Capturing Power? The APC didn;t Experiment with Ribadu Sir. ACN Presented Ribadu, CPC Presented Buhari and ANPP Presented Ibrahim Shekarau. Had it been Buhari remained in ANPP and allowed for the primaries, the PDP would have had a more formidable oppopsition in 2011.

With all due respect to the right to your opinion,the bolded shows most of the points you have marshalled are due to straight-forward thinking which doesn't apply in Nigeria's setting

If you dont know and must know,Buhari and his loyalists knew for a fact that the PDP had infilterated ANPP just like they did AD before Tinubu pulled out to form AC/ACN and was massively funding Shekarau et al to stand up to Buhari and if need be ridicule him by making sure things are skewed against him in the party. There was no way PDP will not massively induce the ANPP delegates to vote against Buhari in the event of a kangaroo primaries

If you dont know that these things happen in our body polity then i am afraid you have not yet began to know that there are things which happen in the inner sanctum which are not even privy to the media

Sometimes i laugh at people like you who just shout that parties must conduct Primaries as if such is an end unto itself......The PDP is ever ready to spend the last kobo to cause discomfiture in the camp of perceived enemies

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
Before you were blaming Ojukwu, now you are blaming Igbos
which one is it?
koboko69: [s][/s]

Plz dont give have baked info. The problem started with the igbos, they only started crying foul when they played the dirty game first. The two major political leaders of the north, the prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and the Premier of the northern region, Sir Ahmadu Bello were executed by Major Nzeogwu. Also murdered was Sir Ahmadu Bello's wife. This was after an unsuccessful coup which later paved way for ironsi. It is called a failed coup cos Ironsi rallied the military against the coup plotters but didnt take them to trial. The other event that also fuelled the so-called "Igbo conspiracy" was the killing of Northern leaders, and the killing of the Colonel Shodeinde's pregnant wife by the coup executioners. The coup executioners were mostly igbo. This was what brought the problem in the first place. The baggers claiming Buhari truncated a Democratic government have forgotten that the first military coup in the history of Nigeria was carried out by the Igbos. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Nigerian Men Who Own Private Jets / Osun Workers Write Oyetola, Demand Payment Of Salary Arrears / “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.