Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,011 members, 7,960,214 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date (15131 Views)

College Student Breaks Down In Tears After Been Brutally Raped By A Girl(video) / Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Bigsteveg(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
tommiebuck: hey NLs, been ghosting since bt wana comment now, must ladies push? wat if dey give moral support with words, i wont push the car o, he owns d car and he shld knw how to sort out the prob. if the prob is not solved, its either we call a cab or go back home. not all ladies av the power to push you shld know, and its not ladies thing to push too. not in support of ladies sittin and not showin concern o, bt dont condemn those who didnt push, mind their reasons for not pushing. i stand to be correctd if wrong bt not to be insulted. toddles wink
Excuse me, must ladies push? Are u really serious? It's like asking must u sit down in the car when it works? U and ur guy are going somewhere, the car breaks down and ure telling me, must u push? No, no need to push.
And u said u can offer some other form of support, like what, gossiping? Hell no.

U don say u stand to be corrected, I for yab u o cos what u typed not only piss me off but gave me stomach ache. #chai

U can offer to help, if na only the two of u dey, u will have to push o but if there are men aroundn who help, then fine. Afterall na u he dey carry comot.

1 Like

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
tommiebuck: hey NLs, been ghosting since bt wana comment now, must ladies push? wat if dey give moral support with words, i wont push the car o, he owns d car and he shld knw how to sort out the prob. if the prob is not solved, its either we call a cab or go back home. not all ladies av the power to push you shld know, and its not ladies thing to push too. not in support of ladies sittin and not showin concern o, bt dont condemn those who didnt push, mind their reasons for not pushing. i stand to be correctd if wrong bt not to be insulted. toddles wink
well, the girls were my colleagues, no love interests. However, one of them i kinda used to have a crush on. She just got back from the UK and it was like a get together. But, she's married now though...I kinda think it was like a Jasmine Aladdin thing, and Aladdin never made his move...but fairy tale no dey work for naija or does it?!!

2 Likes

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by haibe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: and I don't care! I'm jus statin d facts

ok
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by haibe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: and I don't care! I'm jus statin d facts
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by tolutweety(m): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

5 Years, 5 Cars.. grin

Okay! Now hear this:: No 'EXPERIENCED' driver would ever say; They can pick up 'ALL' signs of a problem with their car.

Example: I drive my car to the Bank... Park and stroll inside.. Get paid and come back to my car. Enter and put the key and No response. grin

My Dry cell Battery that came with the car that has been okay just dies.

Moral lesson:: Until the day Mechanical Adavantage is 100%, Every mechanical device is susceptible to failure without warning. #FACT!!!!

Dont Thank Me... Thank Physics.. cool

As I was typing this message:: Someones brand new car just stalled on the road because a fuse just blew out or their fan belt just cut..

Dint wana comment...Buh ur knowledge of physics made me do.

Every mechanical device (moving object) is susceptible to breakdown without warning!! Gbam.

*chop knuckle *
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Ryabcool(m): 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
datalossvictim1: But if the woman tries to help now you men will be like angry what do you know, go and sit down, its a mans job , you don't have strength angry

grin but I like to help out oo cheesy

Op sorry about your experience smiley hope you didn't get beaten up embarassed
Its really not about whether she does anything. Its about whether she tried to help. Its better for her to try and help and get declined than just standing there looking like lucozade.

OP, for real if that happens to me. I won't chase her and her friends away. I'd take them out to where we're having lunch and just PRAY to God that they behave like gluttons and ORDER ANYTHING ORDERABLE. When the bill comes up, i'd just pay for myself and start to leave. If they ask me why i didn't pay their's, i'd just smile and ask them; "If you couldn't help me try and fix the car while i was pushing and struggling with it, why should i help sort your bills?"... If them like, let them scream "a real man wouldn't do this.", na for them pocket. I have ataraxia, so i don't have time for unneccesary bullshît.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by pinkshell(f): 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
To me, It aint embarassing for a car to break down, for chrissake it is an automobile n can dvelope a mechanical fault anytime.(Mayb it because I own 1)

But seriously, dose gals r damn silly(dats if d op isn't xaguratin), dey cld av taken dia dead weit off d seats, if dey were nt willing to help.
Hehehe@ messangers frm heaven(tallesty u vex pass d person wey d tin apen to #lol)

Tallesty1: @Emboldened: They are not wife materials

If they don't come down and push the car then there is no way they are gonna continue with me when it starts, even if they are messengers from heaven.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by zurine(f): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
wow
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
I had a date one day like that, way back when I was in school.He came visiting all the way from Jos.He was on his way to warri.I descided to see him off in his car to the next town before returning back to school along side my friend.Unfortunately, the car refused to start.Funny enough we were in front of the girls hostel.Na so we come down push car jejerly o ;DTrust babes nau, see laugh that day ehn.Really funny and embarrassing.I send anybody,when I got back, I just bone face.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Isk(f): 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
gmyguy: Have you ever had that embarrassing experience when you are taking some lady friends out and your car messes up. Mine occurred last year. It was so embarrassing. The car broke down on Awolowo way Ikoyi, after picking up a friend from Apapa. It was so horrible. I had to push the car off the road myself with 2 lady friends who didn't lay a finger to help comfortable seated snuggly. And GEJ was coming to Ikoyi that day, had this policemen i blocked when it broke down, threatening to beat me up. How was yours?...have since gotten a more reliable car
omg I rotfl when i read this. What an ordeal. O my.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by freecocoa(f): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Chiamaka01:

The fact that the two girls refused to help the man out and even added to his workload just reminded me of some feminist chants, so, there. Happy now?
Na wa o, I just weak walai, so 2 women refusing to help a man reminds you of feminism, you must be the smartest person alive, being able to mix grease and sand into a perfect dissolution.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by iyisco2001(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
gmyguy: Have you ever had that embarrassing experience when you are taking some lady friends out and your car messes up. Mine occurred last year. It was so embarrassing. The car broke down on Awolowo way Ikoyi, after picking up a friend from Apapa. It was so horrible. I had to push the car off the road myself with 2 lady friends who didn't lay a finger to help comfortable seated snuggly. And GEJ was coming to Ikoyi that day, had this policemen i blocked when it broke down, threatening to beat me up. How was yours?...have since gotten a more reliable car
Na sign from heaven, mission is to be aborted. She be waste of money and time. grin
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Vince09: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Giving them tfair for what na
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by iyisco2001(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
gmyguy: well, the girls were my colleagues, no love interests. However, one of them i kinda used to have a crush on. She just got back from the UK and it was like a get together. But, she's married now though...I kinda think it was like a Jasmine Aladdin thing, and Aladdin never made his move...but fairy tale no dey work for naija or does it?!!
Na u suffer yourself biko, cos of Toto. Married woman kpekus
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by promire2004(f): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
No biggie. It can happen to anybody. A car is an automobile. If human beings have flaws, how much more an automobile. Life na jeje oooo. Trying to impress someone puts us in very difficult situations. Be yourself. #in Lagbaja's voice, "put a smile on your face no matter the condition yeeeeyeeee"
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
I've never taken a ride with a guy with faulty car(whose car breaks down on d way) but honestly u can't blame d Lady for not pushing d car with u cos u didn't ask her to, besides its quite unladylike to push car joor
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by simdam500(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
gmyguy: thats why i decided to sell the car...it was just serviced....as in engine overhauled sef...i wake up in a bugatti now
cry
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by simdam500(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Haryoryhemie: I've never taken a ride with a guy with faulty car(whose car breaks down on d way) but honestly u can't blame d Lady for not pushing d car with u cos u didn't ask her to, besides its quite unladylike to push car joor
but it ladylike to sit comfortable in a car she didn't save up with d guy to get
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Odilafta: There is only one car that never breaks down or fails and it's legedizbenz

grin grin grin, you have an amazing sense of humor.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by tete7000(m): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
You are lucky LASTMA didn't meet you there to tow the vehicle to their yard. You for see wheeeen
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
piagetskinner: If I cannot get a mechanic to fix it...na to carry bike or enter bus...or better still, forget about the damn date#make everybody go him house
lmaooo
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Three7Ty9:

grin grin grin, you have an amazing sense of humor.

It's a pleasure smiley .Thanks
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by tonychristopher: 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
I Hate It When A Car Breaks Down And The Woman Seats...I Thank His Goodness That God Has Given Me A Humble And Pretty Woman...I Was Stuck In Traffic And MyKick Messed Up In A Pond...I Rolled Up Pushed My Car My Wife Put Her Leg In Mud Helped Roll The Car It Started...I JusLoved Her Again

Bought Her Another Sexy Shoe

But My Car Doesn't Mess Up...Thanking Lord For that

2 Likes

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSbAZQ6Bn0

you can jam this while enjoying my thread...lol
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by deavicky(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: Imagine d nonsense. I would definitely help my man, if his car breaks down
common get away you too fine u cannot push moto
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by marieolae(f): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
deavicky: common get away you too fine u cannot push moto
lol u tinkk? I can push truck sef
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 16, 2014
piagetskinner:
Lol...I keep wondering where they got that lame quote "what a man can do, a woman can do better"undecided I guess a woman can do better by looking helplessly
It should be have been. What a man can do puts a woman in trouble.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 16, 2014
mindworx:

Awwwh, dats so nice..

Ok, i have a 1986 Mitsubishi Galant. Its a carburetor engine, but it doesn't do 'slow' in traffic.

I can take you out on a date ... Dont worry, u wont need to push.. u'll just help me suck the fuel from the pipe and spread it on the carburetor while i pump the clutch pedal
grin
Bad Boy aka Badolee grin grin
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 16, 2014
There were both good and bad outcomes from this incident: Although this incident might have left you foreverly embarrassed by this situation, it also saved you a lot of stress from wooing the girl, cos you know her unwillingness to join in with pushing the car, revealed a very crucial part of who she is...So you should be happy that there was a positive side to this unfortunate event.
Maybe you should try staging such invent the next time you go out on a date...It might help indicate whether or not the next girl is worth your time and money. grin wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Haryoryhemie: I've never taken a ride with a guy with faulty car(whose car breaks down on d way) but honestly u can't blame d Lady for not pushing d car with u cos u didn't ask her to, besides its quite unladylike to push car joor
Says who? If na she and her mama dey inside motor when d motor break down, she no go assist her mama push car abi?
So long as we have female mechanics,then it's not unladylike to push a car. A friend's sister once changed a flat tire in my presence.
Re: When Your Car Breaks Down On A Date by tommiebuck(f): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=Bigsteveg]
Excuse me, must ladies push? Are u really serious? It's like asking must u sit down in the car when it works? U and ur guy are going somewhere, the car breaks down and ure telling me, must u push? No, no need to push.
And u said u can offer some other form of support, like what, gossiping? Hell no.

U don say u stand to be corrected, I for yab u o cos what u typed not only piss me off but gave me stomach ache. #chai

U can offer to help, if na only the two of u dey, u will have to push o but if there are men aroundn who help, then fine. Afterall na u he dey carry comot. for real, i wont push the car, its d guys tin to do it, its like me cookin in d kitchen, and dere kum a flop and den waitin for his help cos we wana eat togeda.]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your 1st Experience With A Commercial Sex Worker Aka "Olosho" / Which Nigerian Tribe Is The Most Sex Appealing? / Secondary School Female Students Seen Twerking Inside The Class.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.