Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,223 members, 7,936,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:33 PM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket (42923 Views)

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by abdulwastecx(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
rhymz:
Obviously, from the way you write, it is clear you are still a kid that probably was too young to understand the political madness that greeted the Buhari government. Buhari has nothing of worth to offer leadership at any level in this country besides flaunting his self-cultivated piety and false messianic posture. In terms of intelligence, Jonathan is better, charisma, Jonathan is better. Qualifications , Jonathan is better. Tolerance and temperament, Jonathan is better. Achievements as leaders, Jonathan is better.
I challenge you to Point to one major project or initiative of the Buhari administration, you will be hard pressed to find anything he did that is worth mentioning besides stupefying and alarming rate if human rights abuses, despotic and mafia trial style of executing so-called dissidents and lining his pockets with our money.

Buhari is a lower and not fit for any leadership in a sane society.

seriously, I don't know how old you are but it quit disgraceful to attack a fellow like that... I made a point, if you want counter it, yiu ront have ti abusive to do that.

I'm in my late twenties and consider myself an adult with all the needed knowledge to take part in a civil debate.

Jonathan was never more qualified than buhari in anyway. are you talking about his third class degree in zoology?

Jonathan was a poor fellow with no leadership quality with below average intellect. The obvious he won last presidential election was down to his ethnicity and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
rhymz:
many of you just like to write sentimental nonsense just because you want to support a stance. Which sector of Nigeria was improved during the Buhari and Idiagbon led regime. You call the very undemocratic and mafia style of leadership they use an improvement, many of you lots need to move to Iran and the likes where you are regulated and curtailed by the religious whims and caprice of some sheik or royal despot.

Yes, Their style of leadership was a bit hard, but guess what?? IT WORKED.
so, since all the others have been trying, what exactly has improved again ..... nothing
things are actually getting worse.

Nigeria needs strong men in office, not weaklings with no clue.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Objektive: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE

Blueboy0402:
Just because it is politics, some people will come to a faceless forum like this and type trash. For goodness sake Nigeria is not properly structured. You can see and even feel the injustice in our national life. Inasmuch as I prefer competence over any other thing, unfortunately it is not so in this country. To all those promoting muslim-muslim ticket, what will you say about quota system? what will you say about federal character? is it only now that you will remember competence? As a nation, we did not remember competence when a child scores 230 in an examination but was not given admission but another child scores 2 and was offered admission into our unity schools; we did not scream competence!

I am not a fan of Obasanjo but the old man said the biter truth. Some of us may not like what he said but that is the sad reality in Nigeria. If we are talking about competence, let it reflect in all our national life. Obasanjo has hit the nail on the head, let those who have ears hear!
sarutobie:

you dey mind the political toddlers on this forum? what injustice surpasses that of the quota system that this contraption of a country has practiced for decades? where a boy in anambra scores 200 in an examination but is rejected because some boy from adamawa who cant even write his name has been offered his slot in a unity school! all these e-activists with a 1mb capacity brain sef..
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by rhymz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bororojo:

Yes, Their style of leadership was a bit hard, but guess what?? IT WORKED.
so, since all the others have been trying, what exactly has improved again ..... nothing
things are actually getting worse.

Nigeria needs strong men in office, not weaklings with no clue.

it worked? What Worked? Is it not shameful that people can excuse BUHARI's Mediocre performance as a leader and quickly jump to criticize an average Joe. You lot that like to shout competence just do not see the irony of using BUHARI as an example to cite.

In my earlier post I threw a challenge, I said outline The man's achievement both as a military head of state and as the chairman of PTF, a cesspit of corruption he helped Abacha manage.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Suntzung: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
Suntzung:
OBJ is still a PDP Agent! APC be very careful with him, he is working against his fellow Yuruba man Fashola (Muslim) who in this calculation slated
to be the next president after THE Buhari's 4 years of cleaning, recovery and normalizing NIGERIA from the rascal criminal thugs that have infested, wounded and almost ground NIGERIA. BUHARI = TAFAWA BALEWA same philosophy and charisma vote 4 him NIGERIA'S GLORY WOULD BE RESTORED TO ATB era……………
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by jennygovy(f): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2014
I tought OBj is a PDP man, what concerns him with APC affairs. If they should allow muslim-muslim to run, I think it is more advantage to my amiable presido GEJ.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 30, 2014
I foresee Buhari's chances of winning the presidency seat so narrow if not impossible. Considering the rate at which campaign for a Christian leader is going in churches with so much money being secretly shared among the Christian leaders these days.. I wish APC can restrategize and present a Christian candidate.. Christians will vote Buhari out and that might set back APC's 2015 ambition.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by tolustx(m): 3:24am On Oct 30, 2014
IBKCan:
This is a no issue. We want good government, it doesn't matter if we have Muslim Muslim or Christian Christian. We should move away from primordial sentiments foisted upon our national consciousness by anachronistic, tribal, ethnic or religious beliefs. We need to move on. The freest and farrest election we ever had in Nigeria in 1993 was won by Muslim Muslim. The IBB military cabal cancelled it for other sinister motives. I rest my case.
Na so so grmmar u jst dey spill for here. E be lyk say u sef wan contest abi? Maybe 4 house of rep. Or senate
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by rhymz(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2014
All these pretenders claiming Religion does not matter think we are all fools.
I have a question for you all, if religion does not matter to the so-called progressives then why does region matter in who represent the party for the Presidential elections, apparently the space is reserved for only northerners and you sit in your hypocritical arm chair and preach to us about how Nigerians should grow beyond religious sentiments. You all are full of bullshyte and you know it.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by unknown247: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2014
You are not a christian

Muscomide:
Obasanjo may be a sage but he does not have sole repository of wisdom. If true, I am very disappointed in his intervention. Regrettably, we seem to have allowed religion to creep into our politics and public life. Ethnicity and religion should not be a yardstick for determining the most qualified appointee but performance and content of character. I am Christian but I really do not give a damn whether public officer is Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Efik, Edo, etc, gay, straight, bisexual, Christian, Muslim, animist, traditional worshipper, etc, etc. OBJ does not always know it all. APC sacrificing their best candidate at the altar of religion is akin to Argentina not playing with Messi because of his faith or Brazil not selecting Neymar because he is Catholic/Christian, or may be even Portugal not fielding a fit Ronaldo.
Only an unpatriotic Nigerian will deny that a Buhari/Fashola candidature will be formidable. Obasanjo is just a hypocrite. Did being Christian prevent him from being corrupt whilst in power? Is it Christian to have sex with one's daughter-in-law as Obasanjo has been alleged to have done? When Abacha/IBB stashed millions of dollars in foreign banks, is that what the Koran teaches?
OBJ should not pull the wool over our eyes, abeg!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by EOS(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Religion should not be a criteria in choosing our leaders.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by rhymz(m): 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
EOS:
Religion should not be a criteria in choosing our leaders.
with the same mouth use am tell your APC that region should not matter if you are sincere..... How is BUHARI more qualified than the likes of Fashola, Adams, Okorocha and the likes.... If not for regional bias why will it all come down to choosing a serial loser or nobody..... Schemes!!!!!!
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Kellygold(f): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
1.2kva Inverter and new battery for only N65,000. Free deliver and Installation.
Call 08023706037

Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by SenatorJames(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Theultimate:
Former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo has warned political parties not to toy with the idea of selecting a Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket in the upcoming election.

The former Nigerian leader was tacitly referring to an interview granted by the likely presidential candidate of the All Progressives congress where he stated that he was not opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

In a brief press statement, Obasanjo said it will be absurd for any party to make the costly mistake of choosing both top candidates of their party from the same religious background.

More here: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/26/former-president-olusegun-obasanjo-cautions-apc-about-muslim-muslim-ticket
Oro agba.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by SenatorJames(m): 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ryabcool:
Now that we have Christian and Muslim as President and VP, what effect has it had on the country?

Forget Religion and vote for COMPETENCE!
I understand you brother, but the problem is our politicians had brain washed Nigerians, to believe that religion and ethnics is the major requirements to decide who to vote for. If not, northerners will not be clamouring for Muslim president in 2015, and Ijaw people singing second term support for GEJ.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by Theultimate(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
tolustx:
That man is a pincipality. APC leaders even had a meeting wit him in his house in abeokuta abt a month ago.
I didn't believe Tinubu cld visit Obasanjo. They were avin challenges wit candidates naa ni o. Obasanjo leading Nigeria since 1999.
Should he still be leading?
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Cautions APC About Muslim-muslim Ticket by ehix89(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chommieblaq:
Baba is right, religion is taken very serious in Nigeria. An average northern will never vote for a Christian, I have stayed in the north for a very long tym and I know how they regard Christian, kogi Muslim will Neva vote for a Christian ,talk more of a Hausa man, same thing applies to the southerners, they will Not vote for a Muslim, some might even vote, but northerners will Neva. #fact#
hello chioma,,,sori I had to go tru a vry old post to drop my numb so u cld add me on whatsapp,cldnt connect wif u on ur mail...dunno hw awkward dis might seems to u buh lets jzt gv it a trial,love cld be found in strangest of places.....08030803380 plz drop a msge so I cld txt bck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) / Buhari Arriving At The Waterkloof Airforce Base For AU Summit (photos) / Fact Check: Did Kashim Shettima Have Breakfast With Armed Bandits In Borno?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.