Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,720 members, 7,962,329 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” (4742 Views)

18 Interesting Pictures From The Past You’ve Probably Not Seen Before / 18 Strangest Animals You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. Penis Snake? WTH! / What Is The Most Important Lesson You’ve Learned In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by temhab(f): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
It's google(guuguu) not google(gorgu) : tongue

2 Likes

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by halmeyd(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Op sharap! Ur burnt left-yanch dia! My oxford dictionary sound-test prönounced doz words d normal 9ja way (waifai, intanet,lawl, etc)...Once agn ur burnt left yanch dia!

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by halmeyd(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
temhab:
konfaaaaaamu ni....
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by kelvindim(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
@OP, so tell me...

Who you help ??!!!! undecided
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Superstar007(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
Op is high on crack.

Kindly Vote[url=nairaland.com/nabsprada]Nabsprada[/url] for miss Nairaland 2014. She really needs your support. Thanks as you do so
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Superstar007(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
temhab:

It's "tenherb" not "termharp" tongue
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Sanguine(f): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
Unnnnhhhhh-ninininininini. OMG! I just can't stop laughing. Chai! Wetin man pickin nor go read ontop this Nairaland. Unnnnhhhh-nininininininin...
Biko OP, how do we pronunce 'Lmao', 'rotf', etc... Unnnhhhh-nininininini. Hehehehehe.
This one na real comic relief. Hahahahah.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by temhab(f): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Superstar007:

It's "tenherb" not "termharp" tongue
Lol Temhab not tenherb

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Superstar007(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
temhab:

Lol Temhab not tenherb

Lolzz. . You win so what's the meaning of temhab?
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Unionised(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Abajosax007:
Mind blowing, I know. It’s going to take some adjusting. You might even want to practice it in front of your mirror for a while. Now, I don’t want to overwhelm you, but we here at Slacktory have uncovered a few more words that we have all been
mispronouncing.
INTERNET: Did you know it is pronounced Eye-nternet, not Enter-net? This makes a lot of sense because the Internet is something you look at with your eyes, not enter with your
body.
Wi-Fi: While everyone thinks Wi-Fi is pronounced Why-Fy, it is actually pronounced wiffy. This is derived from the fact that most Wi-Fi hotspots are pretty iffy. Meme: Internet elitists will try to claim this word is pronounced meem, like the word gene. The truth is the word is pronounced Memmay, because it
sounds French and is just funnier.
URL: Most people will spell out this word saying U R L. Truth is it should be pronounced Earl, after the founder of Unified Resource Locations, Url Webbington III. VLOGGING: It is commonly believed that Vlogging is a variation of blogging, and is therefore pronounced the same way. But vlogging was originally used to describe the logging of many Vs, an abbreviation of videos. The correct pronunciation is Vee-Logging.
IP ADDRESS: It’s not eye pee address, as we all so vulgarly say. It’s pronounced Ip and was named after the famous martial artist Ip Man. Fun
fact: the very first IP address contains the birthdate, weight, and favorite numbers of Ip Man. LOL: Perhaps the most used and therefore the most mispronounced word in the eye-nternet vernacular.
LOL is not to be spelled out or
pronounced “lawl” or “lowell”. It is pronounced as “Unnnhhh-ninininini”
with the “Unnnhhh” real low and guttural and the “ninininini” like a high trill — as begrudgingly and maliciously ratified in a 1989 Usenet thread by users who had long since rejected spoken language.

JOKER!!!!

Right?

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by temhab(f): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Superstar007:

Lolzz. . You win so what's the meaning of temhab?
Temidayo so you may check my profile for the rest smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by bobbymishark(m): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
5 PDP members die in boat accident in Bayelsa

source: http://bobbymishark..com/2014/11/photos-5-pdp-members-die-in-boat.html
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Superstar007(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
temhab:

Temidayo so you may check my profile for the rest smiley

Oh! I see. So it's an abbreviation of your full name. Cool cool
Can you do me a favour?
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by akinsadeez(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
I think this post is just sacarstic. The lol part gave it away.
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by nwaobitex: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wetin consign me
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by kilokeys(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
do i get free data for pronouncing correctly?
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Who is dis idiat
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Just wanted to point out that the username of the person viewing this thread is really the best comment you can give. grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi...Help win a contest please!!!! Two of my articles were accepted for a contest. The title is d JPMS writing contest... Please u may read, share, like, tweet and email (the like, share, tweet and email buttons are on the top of d article pages jux after d title of d articles ) the articles directly from d link below..These are d articles..
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deleterious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/

http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/an-open-letter-to-all-medical-school-aspirants-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-path-of-medicine/
Ur vote counts.
Thanks a lot for ur understanding..
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by temhab(f): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Superstar007:

Oh! I see. So it's an abbreviation of your full name. Cool cool
Can you do me a favour?
OK...

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by iphex(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
AbdH:

Please, don't make him explain better. Enough of the confusion.

Unnnhhh nininini!

U got me laughing. Unnnhhh nininini!, Whatever! This is pure madness
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by iphex(m): 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
I think this post is just sacarstic. The lol part gave it away.

Unnnhhh nininini! grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Superstar007(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
temhab:

OK...

Alright. Kindly Vote[url=nairaland.com/nabsprada]NABSPRADA[/url] for miss Nairaland 2014. The competition will be starting on the 5th of this month (i.e from Wednesday). She really needs your support. Thanks as you do so
Can you do that?

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by AbdH: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
iphex:

U got me laughing. Unnnhhh nininini!, Whatever! This is pure madness

grin
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by BreezyRita(f): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
AbdH:

Please, don't make him explain better. Enough of the confusion.

Unnnhhh nininini!
gringrin
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Esdb:
ori n fo e
lolz. Dan ubanka
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Esdb(m): 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Abajosax007:
lolz. Dan ubanka
lolz elekoro goyin
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Esdb:
lolz elekoro goyin
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by blank(f): 12:23am On Nov 04, 2014
danthamccoy:
Nonsense. Blatant lies.

Where is your sense of humor? Can't you see that it's tongue in cheek?

1 Like

Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by Efostick(m): 12:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Op go back tew school....stop posting err'thinq yhu see on the "eye-nternet": uhnnnn ninininini grin moreover wifi is pronounced /waɪfaɪ/ ....i guess yhu got it from this link http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/06/why-fi-or-wiffy-how-americans-pronounce-techs-most-common-terms/373082/&sa=U&ei=6RJYVKiOK-XnsASRmYDYBw&ved=0CCoQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNHFV7j8GTBW1b4Gup9gdqbOP8Q3UA .....yhu shuda read well....it says the way most people pronounce it...
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:04am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: 7 Internet Words You’ve Been Mispronouncing Like “GIF” by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:05am On Nov 04, 2014
Rubbish!

Was expecting something educating. Disappointed.
All i can see is someone trying so hard to make FP

Save the WiFi, the rest is just rubbish.
Internet was formed from the combination of Inter and Net, like when you are pronouncing inter house sport, do u say eye nter house sport?

Well, your pronounciation might be right in your view, but its wrong. Look at it again.

And please, d title of your post is misleading, u didn't mention anything about GIF

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Rankings Of Nigerian Universities / University Of Ilorin Latest 2010/2011 Admission Cut Off Mark / Jamb Utme 2011 Examination Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.