Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,983 members, 7,936,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:28 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1111336 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 4:04pm On May 23, 2015
thankyouJesus:
When I saw a lot of mentions, I was scared........glad to be back, but my schedule is not flexible to take the math class.......but I am willing to do justice to math questions.
Where is that what app guy? 080*606174*.
Nb: if you are quoting, please edit my number........ I will take it off in some hours from now.
Glad you are back**to officiate more weddings for me, pastor Thankyo*Jesus** How far?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thankyouJesus(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2015
cassyrooy:
Glad you are back**to officiate more weddings for me, pastor Thankyo*Jesus** How far?
I dey my oga
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thaotech: 5:02pm On May 23, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
*PHYSICS
A Light inextensible string passes over a smooth Pulley and carries masses of 4kg and 3kg at its ends, the masses are released from rest,
find:
1. Their common acceleration
2. Their speed after two seconds
3. The distance travelled at that time(Take g=10m/s^2)

You welcome Bhuumhite, what course?

cc Bhuumhite, Polymath, Dr.Host, Dr.Sage, Whales2020 et al
acceleration =17.14
velocity= 34.28
distance=108.56 not too sure abt the distance .....modified.....kinda made a lapse a = 1.42 v=2.84 and s=5.86....waiting
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Sunmax01(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2015
olatunji21:

Never...S.L Akintola Died before Awolowo... He was killed in d Jan 15 1966 Coup.....The answer is Bode Thomas
That was a guess. Thanks I learnt a new thing from you.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Sunmax01(m): 10:03pm On May 23, 2015
collozzuz:
Max! Quite a while! Hope u can remember me?
Sure, I can remember you. How has been your stay in poly ibadan, i guess you are aspiring to study in UI?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by princedare(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2015
plz i av ND upper credit in computer sci and my olevel is 2sittings 1st sitins ENG c5 math b3 geo b3 phy b3 agric c4 2nd sitina mathb3 econ c4 chem c6 biology D7 no biology in both am u gud to go
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bhuumhite(f): 9:06am On May 24, 2015
DrHost:
did coc ?
nop,dat has been my choice ryt frm tym
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2015
Hello, it seems like nothing could be done to restored this thread,

well, without much waste of time i'd like to be added to the whatsapp group. 08062756698
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Kingdomdaughter(f): 10:14am On May 25, 2015
Pls, i need ui past questions for social science. Dis is my acct rbakinyele@gmail.com. tnks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2015
pls can anyone post the 100 level pharmacy courses for incoming students... thankxz
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by tolaxin(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2015
Hello everyone! I got a link from a student of UI, Morgang, which the post-utme past questions can be downloaded from. I tried posting it here yesterday morning but seun and his cra*y antispERm bots banned me for 24hrs and locked up my post angry

The link was actually not displaying the content on my blackberry browser. Android and PC users here who also need the past question can ping me on whatsapp

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Vcojuro: 8:41pm On May 25, 2015
cassyrooy:
Hello, it seems like nothing could be done to restored this thread,

well, without much waste of time i'd like to be added to the whatsapp group. 08062756698
u have been added to ui whatsapp group
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 25, 2015
Vcojuro:
add Me too please..07030263656
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Vcojuro: 8:56pm On May 25, 2015
thankyouJesus:
When I saw a lot of mentions, I was scared........glad to be back, but my schedule is not flexible to take the math class.......but I am willing to do justice to math questions.
Where is that what app guy? 08096061742.
Nb: if you are quoting, please edit my number........ I will take it off in some hours from now.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Seunvense(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

The analysis above shall be used for grading you during your stay @U.I.
Determines your rating, either a First class, 2nd class etc.

For want of a better word, it determines your CGPA.

@Dr.Host, Courses for Physiology, MBBS, Nursing and Physiotherapy 100L

ZOO111: Principles of Animal Biology, 3 Units

CHE157: Physical Chemistry, 4Units

PHY114: Mechanics, 3Units

PHY115: Thermodynamics, 3Units

PHY118: Practicals, 3Units

CHE195: Practicals, 2Units

GES107: Reproductive, Sexual health and HIV, 2Units

BOT174: Plant Physiology, 3Units

Total Units: 23Units

Shall I "Excarvate" for that of Sociology @Cassy?
MBBS student will do all of this excluding BOT174.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mikechibuzor(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
*PHYSICS
A Light inextensible string passes over a smooth Pulley and carries masses of 4kg and 3kg at its ends, the masses are released from rest,
find:
1. Their common acceleration
2. Their speed after two seconds
3. The distance travelled at that time(Take g=10m/s^2)

You welcome Bhuumhite, what course?

cc Bhuumhite, Polymath, Dr.Host, Dr.Sage, Whales2020 et al
*hope i'm not interupting*
1. Their common acceleration should be g=9.8m/second squared or 10 in this regard.
2. V= u + gt
v= 0 + 10*2
v=20m/second.
3. H=ut + 1/2.gtsquared.
H=0 + 20
h=20m
alternatively,
Vsquared=Usqrd + 2gh
20^2=0 + 20h
H=400/20 =20m.
Guys, bear in mind that not everyone has the luxury of owning a whatsapp-enabled phone. Sometimes when i read comments here about the main info or tutorials and suchlike happens in the whatsapp group i get bitter.
For the sake of people like me,bring some of the fun here
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 1:51am On May 26, 2015
I would like to advice all of you to be adequately prepared, read and solve past questions of other university post ume because ui doesnt release theirs. Admission at ui is very competitive, and ui will only pick the best. You have to be veracious and determined, don't lose hope, if you work hard you will gain admission, and if its MBBS(medicine) u are applying for, read like your life depends on it, because the post ume is like a war for MBBS aspirant. Be ready for anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 1:52am On May 26, 2015
Also note, UI will always have supplementary list (second and third list) for admitted students, they could reduce the cut off mark to admit more students, and also lecturers "persons" and other officials "persons" too would be given admission, that's after every person on merit has gotten admission. So if u are wise ,u know what to do.

Plss oooo when I say 80% I meant for MBBS(medicine and surgery) students only, other departments cut off was lower , last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:44am On May 26, 2015
Woah!, its great been back here again...I was forced to go on a Sabbathical by PHCN.

I would go laconic now, brevity is beautiful.

@Bhuumhite, am gunning for Physiology dear, hopefully am gonna leave that department in the fall of 2016.

@Seunvense, your addition was duly noted; ref: "MBBS Students will do all of this excluding BOT174"

@DrHost, baba I don dey miss you ooh!, wetin man go do...

@Cassyrooy, "Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on", (quoted from Words on Marble by Mrs. Jonathan)...I guess Ojukwu had too many wives.
Cc Sir. thankyouJesus...stop officiating his weddings!

@Mikechibuzor, your plight shall be looked into by Sir. PrOton. I like your style of approach but you jumbled up some parameters.

@Polymath, the "FIGHTING-CROONER", how have you been, I know you must be doing great!...you ALMOST dealt with my question, nevertheless.

@thaotech, thanks for attempting the Physics question, you actually amazed me.
----------------------------------------------
Solution to the Physics question.

i) for the 4kg mass moving downwards: 4g-T=4a..........equ 1
for the 3kg moving upwards: T-3g=3a.

After you do the simultaeneos abracadabra, your a=1.43m/s2(common acceleration)

ii) Their speed after 2 seconds
v=u + at
u= 0, body accelerating from rest
a=1.43m/s2
therefore. V=0 + 1.43x 2
V=2.9m/s

iii) The distance each travelled in two seconds:
S= ut + 1/2 at^2
S= 0 + 1/2 at^2
S= 1/2 x 1.43 x 2^2
S=1/2 x 1.43 x 4
S= 2.9m

Post Script: @Dapo777, your advice has been laudable and I really appreciate it. People are jacking, obviously...instilling fear with the words"ui will only pick the best, post ume is like a war" you use aint helping matters!

I filled with trepidation by pessimists when I wanted to write common entrance, Junior WAEC, Senior WAEC, JAMB, Pre-Degree test and FinaL Exam....guess what?...I passed all of them exceedingly well!...U.I is not gonna be an exception for me or anyone on this thread by the Power in the name of Jesus. #Constructive criticism please.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 11:30am On May 26, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
@Cassyrooy, "Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on", (quoted from Words on Marble by Mrs. Jonathan)...I guess Ojukwu had too many wives.
As you can see there is a 00.0000001% chance for that to happen.

Not to dissuade you i'd like to let every aspirant know that whomever that chooses to join the whatsapp group(s) does so at his own peril, spending the last 14hrs there is more than enough to see through the soul of the group, it's a gang of madmen(pardon my tongue), that seem less motivated to read but rather use the platform to socialize.

I no wan carry matter for head no mean say i no go talk wetin i see.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2015
cassyrooy:

Not to dissuade you i'd like to let every aspirant know that whomever that chooses to join the whatsapp group(s) does so at his own peril, spending the last 14hrs there is more than enough to see through the soul of the group, it's a gang of madmen(pardon my tongue), that seem less motivated to read but rather use the platform to socialize.

I comment my reserve!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
Tholuwaniey i see you.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by thaotech: 6:45pm On May 26, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
Woah!, its great been back here again...I was forced to go on a Sabbathical by PHCN.

I would go laconic now, brevity is beautiful.

@Bhuumhite, am gunning for Physiology dear, hopefully am gonna leave that department in the fall of 2016.

@Seunvense, your addition was duly noted; ref: "MBBS Students will do all of this excluding BOT174"

@DrHost, baba I don dey miss you ooh!, wetin man go do...

@Mikechibuzor, your plight shall be looked into by Sir. PrOton. I like your style of approach but you jumbled up some parameters.

@Polymath, the "FIGHTING-CROONER", how have you been, I know you must be doing great!...you ALMOST dealt with my question, nevertheless.

@thaotech, thanks for attempting the Physics question, you actually amazed me.
----------------------------------------------
Solution to the Physics question.

i) for the 4kg mass moving downwards: 4g-T=4a..........equ 1
for the 3kg moving upwards: T-3g=3a.

After you do the simultaeneos abracadabra, your a=1.43m/s2(common acceleration)

ii) Their speed after 2 seconds
v=u + at
u= 0, body accelerating from rest
a=1.43m/s2
therefore. V=0 + 1.43x 2
V=2.9m/s

iii) The distance each travelled in two seconds:
S= ut + 1/2 at^2
S= 0 + 1/2 at^2
S= 1/2 x 1.43 x 2^2
S=1/2 x 1.43 x 4
S= 2.9m

Post Script: @Dapo777, your advice has been laudable and I really appreciate it. People are jacking, obviously...instilling fear with the words"ui will only pick the best, post ume is like a war" you use aint helping matters!

I filled with trepidation by pessimists when I wanted to write common entrance, Junior WAEC, Senior WAEC, JAMB, Pre-Degree test and FinaL Exam....guess what?...I passed all of them exceedingly well!...U.I is not gonna be an exception for me or anyone on this thread by the Power in the name of Jesus. #Constructive criticism please.
cool boss
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by DrHost: 10:00pm On May 26, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

I comment my reserve!
oga mi, that physics question I the direct formular should be (m1+m2)a=m2g-m1gsinΘ according to lamlad do that method is also useful but can be confusing.......
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:22am On May 27, 2015
DrHost:
oga mi, that physics question I the direct formular should be (m1+m2)a=m2g-m1gsinΘ according to lamlad do that method is also useful but can be confusing.......
No oooo!, the time you include MgsinΘ you have something like an inclined plane.

There will be a mass on the inclined plane and another mass hanging at the end of the inclined plane.

T-m1gsinΘ=m1a............eq1 and;
m2g-T=m2a..............eq2

please no go mix am up...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:24am On May 27, 2015
thaotech:
cool boss
Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mikechibuzor(m): 7:27am On May 27, 2015
That was the first time i saw a question like that. Its so true we learn everyday.
Thanks horpeyemmi66 but what parameters? Were you talking about the physics question?
Sincerely,i'm a bit not sure. The masses were hanging on a pulley,kind of, and was both released. Is their acceleration not supposed to be influenced by gravity?
If you dont mind,i'd like some clarification. Thanks again
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Pr0ton: 7:46am On May 27, 2015
cassyrooy:
What? Shebi na when you come for that your gig for that area na im you see me when i wan go garri!

This math guy

ThankyouJesus

where the hell he's been?
Bros come back na, missing your class!

The science peeps should solve physics, chemistry, biology.

The Art/Social Sciences should master Literature, Government and Economics.

We are Greatest UITES and not 'Boring, Boring Chelsea'!

At the beginning Pr0ton was on fire, holamacy, bhuumhite, horpeyemmi66, augster, i myself, kingjay18, mockinjay, t33jay18 and other unmentioned monikers was sun-hot and we were leading but now every weed we took along the way, their seed have started germinating and need to be remove.

Those that couldn't smoke moved to whatsapp, it is utmostly painful that this once unassailable thread has become the caricature of what it was few months ago, more influx of ghost reader but little of contributions.

This page used to be my homepage, but honestly i'm removing it in no time!

We were a family!

...Almost everytime I pick up my phone to come here, I'm always distracted by those whatsapp messages. What more? Horpeyemmi66 keeps scaring me off with his a-level-like Physics questions. I should think I'm back now. No. NL is my first love. I'll never leave her. But then, you've got case with me.

augster:
i no even sabi wetin I go read sef

Baba, same here. I just started getting along with Physics, recently.

Ron9ja:
its true that ui dnt accept awaitin result@prOton.

Sorry bro. I replied you very late. I'd would have replied you earlier if you had spelt my moniker correctly; changing the O to 0. Same goes to horpeyemmi66.

I'm not sure of the answer to give to your question. FrancisTony should be of help.

horpeyemmi66:

Why you talking 'bout morbid stuffs? It is an app not an Undertaker!...#MedicalSociology??

grin grin

tolaxin:
Hello everyone! I got a link from a student of UI, Morgang, which the post-utme past questions can be downloaded from. I tried posting it here yesterday morning but seun and his cra*y antispERm bots banned me for 24hrs and locked up my post angry

The link was actually not displaying the content on my blackberry browser. Android and PC users here who also need the past question can ping me on whatsapp

Kindly post the link here.

horpeyemmi66:

That guy again? What plight this time?

cassyrooy:

Apparently, you have no idea of what the group is like. The other day you joined you were only after the girls there. I think that's what gives you the impression of we being "less motivated to read but rather use the platform to socialize." You brought the nonsense. Even ogunsinamayowa who doesn't spend much time in the group wouldn't come up with such dimwitted idea. Rather stay silent of what you're obviously ignorant of than making up stupid talk that only gives you a strain of inanity. I was right associating you with weeders afterall. Now you've got a self-acclaimed name, madman. Bravo.(pardon my tongue)
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2015
mikechibuzor:
That was the first time i saw a question like that. Its so true we learn everyday.
Thanks horpeyemmi66 but what parameters? Were you talking about the physics question?
Sincerely,i'm a bit not sure. The masses were hanging on a pulley,kind of, and was both released. Is their acceleration not supposed to be influenced by gravity?
If you dont mind,i'd like some clarification. Thanks again

Ok, I'd try,
In that question, there are two masses hanging from the Pulley at both ends. Masses 4kg and 3kg.

Mass 4kg is obviously larger than 3kg....so the Mass 4kg accelerates downwards with an acceleration a, and the 3kg mass will accelerate upwards with thesame acceleration. So with Newton's second law, you can find the Tension T, in the string and the acceleration a.

So for the mass 4kg accelerating downwards, the forces acting on it are its weight acting downwards and tension T acting upwards so you have to subtract the tension from its weight, i.e

M2g-T=F
M2g-T=ma
(4 x 10)-T=4a
40-T=4a....equ 2

Using the same considerations for mass m1 the tension must be greater than he weight so you subtract its weight from its tension, the resultant force is

T-M1g=F
T-(30 x 10)=ma
T-30=3a...................eq 1

when you solve simultaeneously you can obtain Tension T and common acceleration a.

NB: The tension T is the same through out the length of the string.

Hope this has done justice?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Pr0ton: 8:05am On May 27, 2015
- A fire engine lifts 103 kg of water per minute through a vertical height of 40 m and discharges it through the nozzle with a speed of 6 m s-1 Calculate:

i.. the work done per minute in lifting the water,
ii.. the work done per minute in giving the water the nozzle velocity, and
iii.. the minimum power of the engine, in kilowatts, required to work the pump (Take g = 10 m s-2 ).
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:06am On May 27, 2015
Ron9ja:
its true that ui dnt accept awaitin result@prOton.
LOL! Is this a question or an answer?

Anyway, UI accept awaiting result but it must be ready on D-day of clearance.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.