Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,225 members, 7,936,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili (3094 Views)

I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by PhockPhockMan: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
It is not my fault that you don't know who Madam Due Process is/was
I know her more than you, she's a hypocrite, a political jobber. Barcanista, show me the link of what that woman did or said during the time kidnappers was terrorizing the whole of South East. She did nothing for her people during the time they need her activism most because nobody will pay her.
Do you know how much she's receiving from international donor agencies and APC?
Integrity gbakwa oku.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Lawalemi(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
Story for her barber. Forming saint! Gerout woman

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
wirinet:

The question you need to find out;
What was the legitimate salary and allowances of a minister during Obasanjo's era?
What were the total expenditure obligations of Mrs Ezekwelisi - Bills, Childrens's school fees and upkeep and family obligations.
What are her own personal needs- Leisure, clothing and jewelries, etc.

And finally, how long was she a minister?

I now see why ministers and public officials need to embezzle as fast as possible when they get to office. The expectations of friends, family and the masses is unrealistic.

question you need to ask are:
What kind of house was her mother living in at the time?
How much is the rent?
Where did her mother live following her inability to pay the rent? Was she homeless as a result?

It`s not just enough to tell us she couldn't pay the rent, she should have provided answers to the questions I asked above so we could be better judges.

3 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Mekateka: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
Haba! Aunty you can lie o

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by gtrust: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
wirinet:

What is the total package for a minister? What is the basic salary plus allowances? A minster who does not create a scheme for defrauding the government or the people cannot afford to build a small house for anybody.

She was appointed as Vice President of the World Bank after serving as a minster of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I wonder why you TAN hacks cannot get your facts right.

Stop blabbing!!
House anywhere in Nigeria will cost 5 million Naira!!!
Minister in Nigeria on "normal salary" is 7th highest nation-wide!!!

What is your point

What is her point

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by UnknownT: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
If you believe this, you can believe that Obasanjo married only 1 wife. Even if she never stole a kobo as a minister, her basic salary and allowances will be enough to pay her mom's rent, unless d mom was living in heaven. Kai! And i know many people clapped for her when she dropped this lie during the church programme. Abi she think say we resemble Chibok people wey she go lie like dis give us. Lol! This lie just dey boil me here seriously gringrin

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by seangy4konji: 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
God punish you ma

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by opiaoku: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Shame no dey catch you? You accept this trash of a lie as truth? OH MY GOD.

Na now you know say barcanista na illiterate that only knows how to use Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by LeStylo: 3:53am On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:
One of the few decent Public Servant Nigeria ever had. Those who know her calls her "Madam Due Process".

Yup. I met her for the first time early 2005 in her village at Nkpor in Anambra state. I was shocked her children (the twins) attend a FGC! And the son was in UNN then.

It's sad that our society has so corrupted our thinking. And our education is best qualified as a distraction to keep us away from roaming the streets than adding to our sensibilities. We have lost a sense of responsibility, purpose and history. We're a trackless generation. Sad!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Onmason(m): 4:45am On Nov 15, 2014
Each time one of these clowns speak, I get more convinced than ever that Nigeria is a comedy stage .....and I keep asking God, why did you create me a Nigerian? Why not a different punishment?? Well so under which of the bridges was the old woman sleeping

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Genius100: 5:02am On Nov 15, 2014
She is one of the few honest public officials in the history of Nigeria. She also could not repay her US student loans when she was minister. El Rufai had to go to obasanjo and refused to leave his office till OBJ gave El Rufai $10,000 to give to Oby for part of her student loan....

1 Like

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by blexxonmak(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2014
jide53:
A former Minister for Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili has said that she could not afford to pay her mother’s rent while serving in government.

Nnidi wee mezia!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar's Daughters' Wedding / Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. / APC Opposed Efforts To Save Money during the last administration - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.