Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,459 members, 7,961,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States (13737 Views)

Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Standing Order Used For Saraki Election A Fake, Say Ex-senators / What Made Nigeria So Populated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:
Pazienza, Ikengawo and tonychristopher, i wish to remind y'all that the Federal Government of Nigeria having seen and studied the irrefutable facts presented by the Ikwerres, duly in its wisdom, proclaimed the Ikwerres a separate entity from the Igbos and entered same into the binding law of the land ascribed as the Constitution of the Federal Republic.

It has been Nationally accepted by all and sundry across Nigeria except regrettably, the Igbos.

Tonto Dike, Uche Okwukwu, Julius Agwu, Duncan Mighty etc you highlighted (without concrete evidence) might have used Igbo tribe out of convenience or most likely under duress.

It is daredevil Igbos like the 3 of u, who coerced them into proclaiming their Igboness.

For failing to accept the decision of a Noble people as we the Ikwerres and having the audacity to affront us over our decision, pazienza, ikengawo and tonychristopher have portrayed themselves as absolutely classless individuals.

A word is enough.

News

That's a new one

Hmmmmm facts ..give me the facts please
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by HopeAtHand: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
tonychristopher:

It will be nice if you can present this your federal government facts for us to see...also it will be nice if you present the ikwere kings position on the facts ...now it will be nice for us to know what the kings in ikwerre said on the igboness of ikwerre

Pls we wait for these

Pazienza knows all about the Benin facts..

Google Akalaka brothers..this is the 21st century, i dnt have to spoonfeed u.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
And by the way, the Federal govt as represented by Gowon and co, were not interested in any historical facts, they were more interested in depriving the core Igbo area of any oil producing territories or any access to the sea, hence Egbema a single town was split into two, with the oil producing villages carved into Rivers state and the then non oil producing part left in the East central, Ndoki and Asa lands were not left out too, with every precaution taken to carve the oil producing parts into Rivers and the non oil producing parts were left in East central. Ikwerre,Ogba and Ekpeye were further south, so were easily carved into Rivers, Ndoni was separated from Anioma and carved into Rivers too.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
The war aim and (final) solution properly speaking
of the entire problem, is to discriminate against the
Igbos and in their own interest. Such discrimination
would include above all the detachment of those
oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region, in
addition, the Igbos' freedom of movement would be
restricted, to prevent their renewed penetration into
other parts, leaving any access to the sea to the
Igbos, is quite out of the question, "(Federal
Nigerian Minister speaking to E. C.
Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa, February
1968).

The above was the fact that guided the balkanization and the granting of ethnic nationalities to Igbo speaking communities south of Egbema, Ndoki and Asa.

It was done to achieve two aims:
1, Permanently deny the rest of Ndiigbo direct access to the sea.

2. Detach the rest of Igboland from the riches of the crude oil in those Igbo speaking communities, to make for easy exploitation of those communities and economic blockade of the rest of Igboland.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Curlieweed: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:
Pazienza, Ikengawo and tonychristopher, i wish to remind y'all that the Federal Government of Nigeria having seen and studied the irrefutable facts presented by the Ikwerres, duly in its wisdom, proclaimed the Ikwerres a separate entity from the Igbos and entered same into the binding law of the land ascribed as the Constitution of the Federal Republic.

It has been Nationally accepted by all and sundry across Nigeria except regrettably, the Igbos.

Tonto Dike, Uche Okwukwu, Julius Agwu, Duncan Mighty etc you highlighted (without concrete evidence) might have used Igbo tribe out of convenience or most likely under duress.

It is daredevil Igbos like the 3 of u, who coerced them into proclaiming their Igboness.

For failing to accept the decision of a Noble people as we the Ikwerres and having the audacity to affront us over our decision, pazienza, ikengawo and tonychristopher have portrayed themselves as absolutely classless individuals.

A word is enough.

I don't know (or care) if Ikwerres are Igbos or not but it's regrettable that an adult from the SS doesn't understand why Rivers State was created. Even Asari, a proud Ijaw man understand's that your state was created for the same reason that the apartheid regime in South Africa created several "black homelands" or more accurately Bantustans, namely to divide the strength of the Eastern Region and thwart the aspirations of the Igbo.

That's also the reason I'm disappointed in my Igbo brothers who are busy insulting themselves over the Bantustans of Imo, Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi arguing over arbitrary lines drawn on a map by greedy enemy soldiers. If I may ask Ikengawo, what makes Awo-Mmama different from any of the towns in southern Anambra, linguistically or culturally? I'm just disappointed in y'all.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
Curlieweed:

I don't know (or care) if Ikwerres are Igbos or not but it's regrettable that an adult from the SS doesn't understand why Rivers State was created. Even Asari, a proud Ijaw man understand's that your state was created for the same reason that the apartheid regime in South Africa created several "black homelands" or more accurately Bantustans, namely to divide the strength of the Eastern Region and thwart the aspirations of the Igbo.

That's also the reason I'm disappointed in my Igbo brothers who are busy insulting themselves over the Bantustans of Imo, Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi arguing over arbitrary lines drawn on a map by greedy enemy soldiers. If I may ask Ikengawo, what makes Awo-Mmama different from any of the towns in southern Anambra, linguistically or culturally? I'm just disappointed in y'all.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Yea, Akalaka(destiny), the Bini man so ashamed of his Bini heritage that he goes by an Igbo name Akalaka.

His inferiority complex and hatred for his Bini culture was too much that he went further to give his sons Igbo names of Akpa Ohia( Bush bag) that gave rise to Ekpeye tribe and Ogba that gave rise to the Ogba tribe. And his sons and their descendants now worship Igbo gods, answer Igbo names, use Igbo market days, etc.

Akalaka must be a worthless Bini man, to do such, don't you think so?
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Curlieweed: 11:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Yea, Akalaka(destiny), the Bini man so ashamed of his Bini heritage that he goes by an Igbo name Akalaka.

His inferiority complex and hatred for his Bini culture was too much that he went further to give his sons Igbo names of Akpa Ohia( Bush bag) that gave rise to Ekpeye tribe and Ogba that gave rise to the Ogba tribe. And his sons and their descendants now worship Igbo gods, answer Igbo names, use Igbo market days, etc.

My Bro,

These argument gives a false sense of importance to some people. Of what importance is it if Ikwerre are Igbo or not?

What do you need them to be Igbo for? How does Ikwerre saying they're Igbo benefit us? I don't understand? If they say they're Benin, then take their word for it.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Curlieweed:

My Bro,
These argument gives a false sense of importance to some people. Of what importance is it if Ikwerre are Igbo or not?
What do you need them to be Igbo for? How does Ikwerre saying they're Igbo benefit us? I don't understand? If they say they're Benin, then take their word for it.

I understand you nwanne, but I had always maintained that Ikwerre is not indispensable to the Igbo nation, and that with or without them, Republic of Alaigbo would still be great, they offer nothing we don't already have,but sometimes I just have to make sure that facts don't get twisted, for the sake of the future generation.

Ikwerre can exist independent of the Igbo nation, but they must not be allowed to twist historical facts to achieve that, facts must remain sacrosanct.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Oh that's funny ...you have alibi now

But akalaka is not a Benin name ..I am asking ..where they lost in transit
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by HopeAtHand: 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
Curlieweed:

My Bro,

We just want to be left alone..the Igbo toga is unwanted by us.

Ikwerres have been negotiating their econimic and political destiny seamlessly since our liberation from Igbos decades ago..we realise the fact that there are some cultural and linguistic similarities but we arent the same.

We are happy for Igbo achievements in different fields of endeavour and spur Igbos to forge on, but forge you must witout us..It is what is is.Igbos need first to sort their internal unity and then allow other smaller groups to naturally align themselves to Igbos, and not the other way round.

Please, keep your house in order.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

I understand you nwanne, but I had always maintained that Ikwerre is not indispensable to the Igbo nation, and that with or without them, Republic of Alaigbo would still be great, they offer nothing we don't already have,but sometimes I just have to make sure that facts don't get twisted, for the sake of the future generation.

Ikwerre can exist independent of the Igbo nation, but they must not be allowed to twist historical facts to achieve that, facts must remain sacrosanct.

They are expendable ...they are not important
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Curlieweed: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Thanks Bro. I understand, it's just tiresome. The funny thing is that a former counsel for MASSOB is Ikwerre. The man wanted to skin me alive with his mouth when I told him he wasn't Igbo. He basically said that those of us from the Igbo heartland don't understand the cost of being Igbo. He said that since my people from Nkwerre never had to flee their homes during the civil war, how would we understand what they went through.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Ikwerres have been negotiating their econimic and political destiny seamlessly since our liberation from Igbos decades ago..we realise the fact that there are some cultural and linguistic similarities but we arent the same.

We are happy for Igbo achievements in different fields of endeavour and spur Igbos to forge on, but forge you must witout us..It is what is is.Igbos need first to sort their internal unity and then allow other smaller groups to naturally align themselves to Igbos, and not the other way round.

Stop using we ...use I ..my in law is an ikwerre and he has not been anti Igbo

Now tell me any ikwerre king that said that they are not Igbo

Now we are waiting foe your so called government identifying ikwerre as a new kid tribe on the block

Now also back these with historical viefiable fact
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Our house is in order its your house that has been raised by hate and abused by foreigner

Tell me one ikwerre man that owns an oil drilling firm or well I will give you two from my Nnewi south village ...so now whose house is in order

Go drink kiakia biko
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

They are just confused ...so confused

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:
The war aim and (final) solution properly speaking
of the entire problem, is to discriminate against the
Igbos and in their own interest. Such discrimination
would include above all the detachment of those
oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region, in
addition, the Igbos' freedom of movement would be
restricted, to prevent their renewed penetration into
other parts, leaving any access to the sea to the
Igbos, is quite out of the question, "(Federal
Nigerian Minister speaking to E. C.
Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa, February
1968).

The above was the fact that guided the balkanization and the granting of ethnic nationalities to Igbo speaking communities south of Egbema, Ndoki and Asa.

It was done to achieve two aims:
1, Permanently deny the rest of Ndiigbo direct access to the sea.

2. Detach the rest of Igboland from the riches of the crude oil in those Igbo speaking communities, to make for easy exploitation of those communities and economic blockade of the rest of Igboland.

They have successes in this

Look at the south south Igbo like ikwerre go to their villages ..you will see deprivations

They are shame to Igbo

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

You seem to have added my name to your post because you believe a thread that lists every single igbo state is about myself or anambra.
Again, it's only anambra that is fighting everyone as we speak.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Dreambeat: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

Thank you very much for your analysis.For me I come from a town in Imo that has a common boundary with a town in Anambra,we have very similar dialect to an extent that when people from these respective towns speak, you hardly notice the difference.Someone somewhere will come to tell me that I am from Imo while this other town is in Anambra or expect me to quarrel with people from this town just because they are from 'Anambra' while I am from 'Imo'.What nonsense.I have said this several times on this forum,Igbos are one!Lets not allow these artificial boundaries divide us.Yes,sometimes brothers may disagree but let us not allow the resultant anger to go too far, to the detriment of our unity.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2014
pazienza:

Nnaa,you be Idenmili guy and we are known to be proud and rich in culture.
Now,I wanna know why the heck you care about what an Ikwerre man thinks or do ?
Why do you care ? I wanna know....Nnaa,rapu ndia aka,ejim Olisa ayo yi.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 12:30am On Dec 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

Thanks Bro. I understand, it's just tiresome. The funny thing is that a former counsel for MASSOB is Ikwerre. The man wanted to skin me alive with his mouth when I told him he wasn't Igbo. He basically said that those of us from the Igbo heartland don't understand the cost of being Igbo. He said that since my people from Nkwerre never had to flee their homes during the civil war, how would we understand what they went through.

Yea, Uche Okwukwu is a special breed of Ikwerre, perhaps his legal background allowed him to rationally dissect the lies Relechi Ramadi and his co travellers had been regurgitating as Ikwerre history.

Well,my town people equally had to flee my town when Onitsha fell, so it wasn't peculiar to Ikwerre, the Egyptian air patrols were ruthless in levelling down homes and market places, my family barely survived the onslaught, so we all survived Biafra with scars, but the scars are not enough reason for us to deny who we are, for even if we do, the world would always remind us.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,you be Idenmili guy and we are known to be proud and rich in culture.
Now,I wanna know why the heck you care about what an Ikwerre man thinks or do ?
Why do you care ? I wanna know....Nnaa,rapu ndia aka,ejim Olisa ayo yi.

Idennaa, I don't just care about the Ikwerres, I care about all Igbo speaking tribes irrespective of what they think about themselves, I believe in the unity of all Igbo speaking people under one nation, The republic of Alaigbo, is a dream for me.

But I also know that not all Igbo speaking people must be part of this nation. There are proud Igbo people amongst the Ikwerres, for their sake, I won't give up on the Ikwerres yet, if a day comes when not even a single proud Igbo man can be found amongst the Ikwerres, then I would stop caring.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2014
pazienza:

Idennaa, I don't just care about the Ikwerres, I care about all Igbo speaking tribes irrespective of what they think about themselves, I believe in the unity of all Igbo speaking people under one nation, The republic of Alaigbo, is a dream for me.

But I also know that not all Igbo speaking people must be part of this nation. There are proud Igbo people amongst the Ikwerres, for their sake, I won't give up on the Ikwerres yet, if a day comes when not even a single proud Igbo man can be found amongst the Ikwerres, then I would stop caring.

Gbam

Otua

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Kingsley1000(m): 5:22am On Dec 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

Gbam

Otua
Guy forget about ikwerre folks,even some parts of anioma(delta igbo),i've spoke with a couple of them and they said they aint igbos
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by tonychristopher: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2014
Kingsley1000:
Guy forget about ikwerre folks,even some parts of anioma(delta igbo),i've spoke with a couple of them and they said they aint igbos

They are very few and I have not seen one ikwerre man this year here in Lagos

They are a disgrace
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by emmysoftyou: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

dnt be disappointed bro,
among the wise ikwerre,there must be a fool,ikwerre is my homeland,anambra nd imo is also my homeland,biafra has no state yet,
forget what that ikwerreman said here abt my pple,
ikwerres re igbos,and we cant stop answering igbönames because of our local dialet is stil igbo..
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by emmysoftyou: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2014
HopeAtHand:

boi shut up,etche,obioakpo,and egbema dont believed in this unproven fact,
eventho u belief in akalaka,did akalaka walked to an empty land without pple living there or around there b4?
yu must be high,
do we speak any of benin in our local languages?
yu must be low iQ.
nxt time speak 4 yursef and dnt say we ikwerres.
yu re lucky i appear on this thread late.
After first page..
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by NPComplete: 7:50am On Dec 10, 2014
These bitter Igbo no go make us hear word. If Aniomas and Ikwerres don't want to associate with u, why don't u give it a rest? Why the desperation to force people to be with u? Yet u run around claiming Nigeria is nothing without u. Since u are so indispensable shouldn't u be less concerned. The irony of Igbo logic.
If people are denying u left right and center, there must be something u are doing wrong. If u have actually spent the energy u have in boasting and claiming phantom ownership and development of other people's lands into actually developing ur lands and uniting ur people, maybe we won't be having this conversations all the time.
Imagine a united and developed south east that is actually and economic power where numerous industries thrive and people flock to the south east like igbos are flocking to Lagos, do u think even some Yoruba let alone Anioma and Ilwerre won't start claiming they were born in the southeast and also should be entitled to the benefits like Igbo are claiming Lagos today?
Listen, if u develop ur land to its actual potential u wont be so desperate to attach people to urself. If u reduce clannishness and greed and unite urself u can then expect unity from outsiders. The more u try to force urself on others the more desperate and greedy u look and people will keep rejecting u. Make no mistake, most Aniomas will reject being Igbo when push comes to shove.
Until u guys learn diplomacy and strategy, u will keep doing things like it was done in the sixties and the result will remain the same; complete denial and rejection.

5 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by emmysoftyou: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

My Bro,

see bro ikwerres re important,wether few or some denied their igbo identity or not,what i know is that,
not the few can separate me frm my homeland wich is igbos..
Some Indigene of equitorial guinea speak igbos as a major language in equatoria guinea,they might not be important to yu,but to those who travel for business purposes,it s important to them,how ?
the igbo indigene of equatoria guinea speak igbo as native dialect while spanish is their official language,so if u dnt undstand spanish,yu need an igbo indigene in equatoria guinea to help you communicate as a broda to u.
that s why hausas re linquistically respected..
so ikwerres re important,igbos are not claiming our lands,but unity must be achieved until the trumpet blow
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by emmysoftyou: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2014
pazienza:

@bold one,they re nt indispendable to igbo nation,accepted but speaking igbo languages makes the homeland of ikwerre very important in that aspect,
if anything happen,and the name is mention then igbos is in danger.
i read a book how an anioma man called chukwuma nzeogwu plan a coup in nigeria,today it s an igbo coup,the rest is history,abi.
@ bold 3/2 ,the fact according to yu must not be twisted,thanks for the consistent enlightenment towards my deluded brothers from ikwerres.

I remain faithful to the entire igboland cool
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by HopeAtHand: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2014
I dnt reply anyone while im at work..When i return you all will have your exact responses.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by 3dankey(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2014
kettykin:
The south east economic team should include the following in their shopping list for the next government.

1 . concessions of the onitsha port
2. The construction of the Aba sea port
3. The construction of the Aba mega mall
4. Construction of big foundry in Aba and Onitsha for steel and non steel and rehabilitation of Aba steel complex to roll out flat sheet metals
5. Large scale diary farm hosting about 10000 milk cows and churning out about 150000 litres of milk daily for the eastern market
6. Rapid urbanization of Enugu and owerri
7. Linking the east with broadband Internet and connection to the international gateway via t transatlantic cable in the biafran bight

I did not want to comment on this thread before I saw ur post. This is the best post I have seen so far from someone that have his people in mind.

Sorry to say this,but we do not have leaders in the east. Right from when the colonial masters were around,leaders in every region (east,west & north) try to see what they can get for their people.

I am sure that even APC knowns that south east nigeria is for GEJ,but what can we boost of from following GEJ. Pls I don't want somebody to come and tell me ENUGU Airport or 2nd Niger bridge that will be tolled when it is completed but Lagos/Ibadan road and Abj/Lokoja road which cost more than 2nd niger bridge will not be tolled.

Our leaders have failed us,look at how the immigration woman was removed even when we all know that northerners and westerners heading government agencies do worst things. We have failed to utilize our new found superior electoral votes and instead have wasted 4years of having a president that is close to south east.

Look at how the onitsha port was abandoned,Geometric power plant that can change the face of industrialization in the east being frustrated, Onitsha - Enugu road nothing 4 close to 4years now and so many things too numerous to mention.

Those things listed above have the capacity to change South East Nigeria forever,but we do not have the leaders to achieve it 4nw and this is the only opportunity that we have.

Also pls let us stop comparing which state is more superior in the east,cos when gowon was bombing the east during the civil war he did not do it based on which state is more superior. The civil war would have served as a bond to hold us together in unity regardless of our political differences.
Lastly I am not blaming Gej for anything but our leaders have all failed us. Nuff said already, thank you my brothers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's Historic USA Visit Watch - Live Thread / Nigeria’s Warplanes Consume 1.9Million Litres Of Fuel Monthly / Pictures From Anambra Man Of Year 2021 Awards: Ozigbo, Chicason, E-Money Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.