Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,968 members, 7,960,045 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. (1438 Views)

PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo, Tinubu Others Attended Sen. Mamora's Mum's Funeral / Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. / Olorunimbe Mamora As The Next Lagos State Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Johnnyessence(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2014
All Progressives Cong-ress, APC presidential
candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is in a
dilemma over the choice of a running mate for the
forthcoming presidential contest. Buhari’s dilemma
was said to have been accentuated by the rise in
his ratings after the largely successful convention
which has raised the prospects of a possible APC
led Federal Government thus attracting many more
interests into the choice of a running mate.
Basking in the euphoria of a largely successful
nomination convention, party elders, hours after the
convention Thursday night, went into a meeting in
an undisclosed location in Victoria Island, Lagos
with the issue top on the agenda. Buhari, it was
learnt, was at the meeting but no conclusion was
arrived at.
Many interests, Saturday Vanguard learned, had
emerged to stake a claim for the position or the
right to propose the vice-presidential candidate.
Among them are a national leader of the party,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who had a principal role in
swinging victory towards Buhari at the convention
ground. The Tinubu camp is seriously being
challenged by the camp of the governors who are
insisting on pushing one of their own or
determining who gets the job. Meetings were held
yesterday in Lagos by party stakeholders who
remained in Lagos after the convention to project
their interests on the issue.
A meeting of major stakeholders has been
scheduled for today in Abuja still on the issue.
An APC governor who spoke on the issue yesterday
said the decision would have to reflect geopolitical
considerations in line with the resolution of the
party that party tickets at all levels should reflect
ethno-religious balancing.
It was learned that the earlier assumption that the
choice of a running mate be restricted to the
Southwest was seriously being re-examined with
the South-South now being considered.
Among the persons under consideration from the
Southwest were Senator Olurunnimbe Mamora,
former commissioner of justice in Lagos State,
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and former Governor Kayode
Fayemi.
Governor Babatunde Fashola who is a popular
choice among many stakeholders, is however,
challenged by a resolution of the party on ethno-
religious balancing of the party ticket. Stakeholders
pushing for the Southwest are saying that a
candidate from the region would galvanise the
people of the region to fully come out in support of
the party during the election. That argument is also
said to be re-energizing the prospect of Governor
Fashola with some saying that the Southwest is
unmindful of religion in the determination of
political office holders.
Governors Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and
Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State were the two
persons being mentioned by stakeholders, multiple
sources said yesterday. The projection it was
learned was based on the idea of giving their
South-South region reason not to see that they
have totally lost out in voting out their son,
President Goodluck Jonathan who is the candidate
of the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
Faced with the conflicting desires, the party was at
the weekend still said to be undecided on the
choice of a running mate and sources said a choice
may not be made until the middle of next week. www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/buhari-dilemma-running-mate/#sthash.Imw33wYK.dpuf
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by macpetrus(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2014
Let wait n see..
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Tolexander: 7:13am On Dec 13, 2014
I prefer him choosing his running mate from either the South-East or South-South for him to have more votes from either of the two regions. He doesn't need winning the heart of the Southwesterners with the ticket, the APC governors should be able to do that for him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by holatin(m): 7:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Dis is getting more critical but am Sure it will be resolve.
APC for life
Buhari for President
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by PassingShot(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2014
Fashola or Osinbajo or Mamora will be OK.

Oshiomole will also be a good choice.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by xpac01(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Tolexander:
I prefer him choosing his running mate from either the South-East or South-South for him to have more votes from either of the two regions. He doesn't need winning the heart of the Southwesterners with the ticket, the APC governors should be able to do that for him.
Like Rochas I guess right? For me I could savour the collabo. That dude Rochas has very credible and reliable credentials.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Tolexander: 7:32am On Dec 13, 2014
xpac01:

Like Rochas I guess right? For me I could savour the collabo. That dude Rochas has very credible and reliable credentials.
i prefer Amechi. Rochas is still a good candidate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by ba7man(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2014
So many intelligent minds in APC, choosing one becomes a problem.

Unlike PDP. tongue

I just hope that Tinubu VP is a joke. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Dannylux: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2014
Tolexander:

He won't get anything from South-East. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. He should better hold on to the Southwest. It's just like trying to woo the Northerners by choosing a Northern V. P., How helpful has that been for Jonathan?
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by seanet02: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2014
You don't get it.
Even if Buhari choose the younger brother of Ojukwu or Azikwe, ibos are known to have been brainwashed and will never vote for him. Fashola or Osinbajo will do the deal.
Tolexander:

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Dannylux: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2014
seanet02:
You don't get it.
Even if Buhari choose the younger brother of Ojukwu or Azikwe, ibos are known to have been brainwashed and will never vote for him. Fashola or Osinbajo will do the deal.

I suppose you did the brainwashing Mr. Conspiracy Theorist. Igbos have their opinion, other regions have theirs. And It's Igbo not Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by doctokwus: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2014
Tolexander:
Well said.Aregbesola even wt a paperweight Ribadu as acn candidate last time was able to gv him a landslide in dt state.D sw wt d likes of tinubu wt his stranglehold on area boys,motor park unions and market leaders shud comfortably win d sw for buhari.But I still submit he nids a stubborn, determined and resolute VP as amaechi to make inroads in d other parts of d south.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Tolexander: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2014
seanet02:
You don't get it.
i never meant and said he will have edge over GEJ if a south-eastern running mate is chosen. Try to get me right bro. More votes in the sense that there will be more people in the state or region that will be sympathetic to the running mate. That is enough to increase the vote by units, tenses, hundreds or even thousands.

A student that scored 39% in an exam will defintely understand how invaluable 1 mark is.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by donmalcolm21(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2014
Since he has started showing cluelessness about who he will choose for VP, on behalf of NL I nominate Omenka/barcanista/berem/obiagelli/ngene ukuenu for the VP slot.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by seanet02: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari choosed an ibo as his vice in all the previous elections he has contested for yet at no point did he garner up to 5% of ibos vote.
Tolexander:
i never meant and said he will have edge over GEJ if a south-eastern running mate is chosen. Try to get me right bro. More votes in the sense that there will be more people in the state or region that will be sympathetic to the running mate. That is enough to increase the vote by units, tenses, hundreds or even thousands.

A student that scored 39% in an exam will defintely understand how invaluable 1 mark is.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Tolexander: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2014
seanet02:
Buhari choosed an ibo as his vice in all the previous elections he has contested for yet at no point did he garner up to 5% of ibos vote.
that was then, moreover his 2011 candidacy running mate was a yoruba.

First, we have to consider that next years election now has a potent opposition more than the usual trivial threat posed by the opposition parties on the ruling party in the previous elections.

Second, Buhari's party(ANPP and CPC) had never in any time registered its reasonable presence in the east in the previous contest, unlike now when the region has a governor and parliamentarians in his party.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by Orunto: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2014
It is the Prerogative of Tinubu to choose the VP. The choice really is between Boroffice and Osinbajo but in the circumstances in we are now, Osinbajo will be a better choice.
Re: Buhari To Choose Either Senator Mamora Or Prof. Osinbajo. by mazzi: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Tolexander:
u mean apc governor like amosun and ajimobi that are struggling to retain their seats come next year?hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Visits Akwa Ibom On Tuesday (today) / Boko Haram Leader Imam Shekau Declares Support For Buhari In New Video (watch) / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally LIVE In Maiduguri. Live Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.