Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,128 members, 7,936,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:52 PM

Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries (18841 Views)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / We Voted APC Because Of Unpaid Salaries – Benue Workers / Civil Servants Face Bleak Xmas Over Unpaid Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by PassingShot(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2014
yerimastyle:
So many lazy people in this country always blaming the government for their being poor ,Nigeria is a land of opportunity,look for what to do in other to generate income and stop waiting for manner from heaven.

We are talking of employers not paying the employees for close to three months mister.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by AdmiralISAAC(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2014
And some clowns would stil come here and be spillin GEJ til 2099...

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by chukxy44(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
I wish GEJ would spring a surprise and alter the tides but unfortunately nothing of such seems to be happening.

It is really a hard choice come 2015 for those who understand the reality of what the elections stands for.

There is absolutely nothing exciting about GMB who at 72 can not find a younger person to transfer his supposedly ideologies and vision to but even as much as I fear the worst if GMB wins, I guess there is nothing to fear anymore because right now GEJ has clearly shown us the worst government and the level of impunity is heart breaking.

Given, the state of the nation under GEJ, the only sane and brave thing to do is vote for a change.

GMB may not be all that we made to believe but certainly the worst is been experienced already.

He that is down, fears no fall.

Come 2015, let it be Buhari.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Sibabasibaba1: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
I am a federal civil servant currently on study leave abroad. I have received my December salary. I called my sister, a federal civil servant, too. Why is PUNCH roping the FG in when it might be state governments that are saving their money for February 2015 that have not been paid? Yeye dey smell.

And some mofos are already shouting Jonathan.

11 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by rozayx5(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2014
poor oil
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Now this is very bad. cry
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Reference(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2014
oduastates:
Shame all over.
An economy built on oil,patronage and corruption.
Those government workers are a substantial part of the problem
Wasn't it their NLC who sabotaged the occupy movement?
Now they are crying over spilt milk.
What Is the use of all the workers in the ministry of works when all the roads, bridges and buildings are built by half literate Chinese, Lebanese,syrians and Indians?
In the hands of a thieving government, better the workers get a salary else Jonathan would simply have more money to steal.
In the hands of a proper competent government, three-quarter of the civil service ( apart from essential workers) should simply be laid off.

Hmm, partly true, wishful thinking though.
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Marpol: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2014
yerimastyle:
So many lazy people in this country always blaming the government for their being poor ,Nigeria is a land of opportunity,look for what to do in other to generate income and stop waiting for manner from heaven.

Looks like you have problems with comprehension! They are not asking for handouts, they are asking that their salaries being owed since October 2014 be paid. What is being lazy about that?

Will GEJ tell me that his salaries for Oct to Dec has not been paid?

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by kdjo: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2014
this government self

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by AdeniyiA(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2014
upon all these you mean the president would collect his salary and allowances?
seriously these people are only after their own selfish interest angry ,the masses can go and die for all they care..

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Reference(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2014
PassingShot:

We are talking of employers not paying the employees for close to three months mister.
Leave government and look for something better to do. Government contributes next to nothing to the development of the country but is the biggest stumbling block. I don't pity them at all. They are supposed to be the managers of our collective wealth but even the managers cannot pay themselves. They are supposed to plan for the nation but could not anticipate the oil price drop. Is it the vulcanizer along benin-ore highway that will project for them. All they do is to strike and show us pepper over their ambitions and pockets. Damn them, institution killers. Their dry pockets will help keep inflation in check over the holidays.
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by kennethchidi(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Arysexy:
APC hand, voice of punch.

For ur information, I am a federal civil servant, I have recieved December salary plus 13th month.

Bunch of propagandists.
Abeg,which ministry are u under,coz am also a federal civil servant under ministry of health,and we'v not gotten December pay for to dey expect 13th month. So pls name ur ministry pls!

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by PassingShot(m): 10:56am On Dec 19, 2014
Irresponsible government!

Nigeria is not even the only country which relies solely on oil to run her business. Most of the Gulf countries rely absolutely on their earnings from oil to run their economies yet hell is not let loose whenever there is a drop in oil price. Just take a look at UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and many others depending on oil to survive. They have not experienced anything close to what we're going through just because of the pice drop.

The difference between us and those countries lies in the fact that they have very robust reserves running into hundreds of billions of dollars to call upon to cushion effects of such drop in oil price. They have long known that the oil price could come crashing and they have prepared for days like these. But we on the other hand have been wasteful and senseless in handling our own earnings from that same oil.

What this nation has earned in oyel in the last two decades may even surpass what UAE and Qatar have earned in the same period. But take a look at their countries and see how far they've developed them compared to us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by ThimmyWood(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2014
Arysexy:

For ur information, I am a federal civil servant, I have recieved December salary plus 13th month.

Bunch of propagandists.

One thing I have learnt in life is never to take some set of people seriously and also try to ignore..... so bros I go behave like say I no see your comment at all.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Arysexy(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2014
kennethchidi:

Abeg,which ministry are u under,coz am also a federal civil servant under ministry of health,and we'v not gotten December pay for to dey expect 13th month. So pls name ur ministry pls!

Am in power sector, guy hold ur head of accounts responsible.

Salary alert entered my phone this Tuesday.
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Reference(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2014
Marpol:

Looks like you have problems with comprehension! They are not asking for handouts, they are asking that their salaries being owed since October 2014 be paid. What is being lazy about that?

Will GEJ tell me that his salaries for Oct to Dec has not been paid?

Then let them resign na. They collect over 70 percent of the national budget not minding that they are only 5 percent of the population. Wetin concern me with low oil price. The ones they chop left, right and centre from the populace no do them.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Marpol: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Reference:

Then let them resign na. They collect over 70 percent of the national budget not minding that they are only 5 percent of the population. Wetin concern me with low oil price. The ones they chop left, right and centre from the populace no do them.

We are talking about CIVIL SERVANTS and not legislators please.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by betterabia: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2014
But they have money to spend on re-election
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Stamfordking(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2014
ikweremilitant:
so mallam bature, tel me you are blaming gej 4d crash in d oil prices,you are also blaming him 4 nijas dependence on crude,or blame hm 4 lack of true fedralism that wil booast individual state economy?d reason why apc is never a better option is becos u people dont know when to crictisice and hw to do it.

Hear yourself out, bro, we are talking hunger, you are talking about criticism.
Devil no go do leg-over with my life.
GEJ OUT!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by PassingShot(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Reference:
Leave government and look for something better to do. Government contributes next to nothing to the development of the country but is the biggest stumbling block. I don't pity them at all. They are supposed to be the managers of our collective wealth but even the managers cannot pay themselves. They are supposed to plan for the nation but could not anticipate the oil price drop. Is it the vulcanizer along benin-ore highway that will project for them. All they do is to strike and show us pepper over their ambitions and pockets. Damn them, institution killers. Their dry pockets will help keep inflation in check over the holidays.

I agree with you. You only need to see my other post on this same thread to know that I do. Bur we can't still blame the workers for the government's failure to manage our commonwealth judiciously.
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by anonimi: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2014
I guess it does not matter if the states controlled by Buhari's Association of Pretending Crooks, APC are also owing even MORE months salaries, or does it

https://www.nairaland.com/1983122/fashola-owes-workers-18-months

Yet another example below =>

dipopooo:
Some idi*t n f**ls here ar shoutin GEJ. Gov Aregbesola(APC) of osun state is owning his workers n pensioners almost 4 months salaries OYES cadets inclusive.

https://www.nairaland.com/2051766/civil-servants-face-bleak-christmas#29017628

For how long shall we remain MUMUS shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Yeske2(m): 11:14am On Dec 19, 2014
When we shout this government is bereft of ideas, his minders bounce around. Was the FG and especially aunty Okonji not aware of the US shale oil bonanza? Yet they went spending like no tomorrow. Our foreign reserve depleted and nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by kennethchidi(m): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2014
Arysexy:

Am in power sector, guy hold ur head of accounts responsible.

Salary alert entered my phone this Tuesday.
Toh.......we've not been paid,and we have been drafted under the IPPIS tn,so dnt know if ur own ministry is paid with IPPIS.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by naijasaints: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2014
I have said the problem we have is corruption.Wheres is the 20B$ that sanusi said is missing?its obvious we can no longer functiin properly due to corruption.
Buhari 2015

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by BlackHuman(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2014
yerimastyle:
Are u crazy?- didn't dey work for their money?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2014
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by InvertedHammer: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2014
/
Politicians are not Fr. Xmas.

The bags of rice and cash you received during campaigns...don't you think the money has to be recovered somehow?

Be informed that there is no free lunch. The gifts/cash you receive during campaigns are salaries/welfare cheques in advance.

Vote wisely!!!

\
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Timothy3113(m): 11:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Arysexy:

Bunch of propagandists.
uncle dey didnt say all, dey sed most. Most
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Bruteforce101: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2014
Arysexy:

Bunch of propagandists.

They are talking of real civil servant not paid PDP workers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Timothy3113(m): 11:41am On Dec 19, 2014
striiid3:
Jonathan is going to win the election because he is a CIA Puppet. Boko Haram will continue and become more deadly . Nigeria will split by September 2016.
your votes do not count.

Buhari is going to die on July 17 2019
please, are you a pastor, alfa or herbalist. Hope dis prediction is nt true
Re: Civil Servants Face Bleak Christmas Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Why? diaris God o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workers Humiliate Saraki, Dogara, Ngige The Labour Minister In Abuja On May Day / Benue Killings: If FG Can’t Protect Us, We Will Raise An Army - Unongo / Mobolaji Johnson: Achievements Of The First Governor Of Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.