Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,128 members, 7,936,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:55 PM

Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? (812 Views)

Here Is The Best 5 Relationship Advice I Ever Took / Plz Ur Opinions/advice Are Needed In This Matter/case / Relationship Advice For 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? by dabrats(f): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2015
Are You in a Controlling Relationship?
Have you lost yourself in your relationship?
Who were you before your relationship? Today, who are you? Are you the same person you were before you got into your relationship? Do you still do the things you love that make you happy or have you been transformed into who your partner wants you to be?

These are some warning signs to look out for. Ask yourself:
– Do I have to ask for permission before I do anything?
– Does my partner see my needs as important? Or does my partner downplay what’s important to me?
– Does my partner constantly threaten me with the “Do this or I will leave you” when things are not going their way?
– When I turn down sexual attempts, is my partner’s response similar to “If you don’t want to do it, I will find someone else that will”?
– Am I always at fault?
– Am I always doing all the apologizing or apologizing for something?
– Am I constantly being told how to dress, what to do, how to live?
– Does my partner have episodes of intense anger towards me sometimes?
– Does my partner use money and lavish gifts in order to make me stay?
Best-Universal-Remote-Controls-Updated
If you were meant to be controlled, you would have come with a remote. Love is more powerful than control. Relationships are more valuable than ownership. You must trust your partner. How do you trust an owner not to treat his object bad? Do you always treat the things you own right? You are not an object; therefore, you must not be objectified. A relationship without trust is like staring at an empty jar of honey. You can stare at it, hold it, but you will never enjoy its sweetness. Respect is everything. Respect is not control. Control is about power. No human being should be given such authority over your life. You are the architect of your own life.
Sometimes, people lose themselves in relationships. Being with a person should not change you…at least not negatively. Your partner should enjoy you when you are yourself. You are nobody’s puppet. Friendship is the most important element of any relationship. Same as building a house, friendship should be the solid foundation of your relationship.
Ever been in a controlling relationship or know someone in one? Feel free to share your experience so someone can learn from it
Remember, love yourself and each other

http://chynaduru..com/2015/01/relationship-advice-are-you-remote.html
Re: Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2015
K
Re: Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? by Tymax(m): 8:06am On Jan 12, 2015
Remote control... Lol grin
*singing* "She hold my remooooooooote o! Na so she dey control me, she dey condition me.... grin
Re: Relationship Advice: Are You A Remote Control? by chingydaboss(m): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2015
Nd if I refuse to share mine?

THREAD CLOSED

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Men Find Unattractive / Hmmm: Lady Got Proposed To On Vals Day With A Helicopter / An Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.