Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,027 members, 7,890,369 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:10 PM

. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / . (960 Views)

Suggestions Needed On Purchase Of Laptop Good For Gaming / Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) / Help, PES 2015 Is Slow On My Laptop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
It can play most games from 2010 and earlier. The only problem you'd come across is RAM; you need to install more if you can.
Most games from that era run fine on 4GB ram so you its not much of a hassle.

About the fan, if your system is not built for gaming it'd suffer due to excessive wear of playing games for long hours. I'd suggest you to ask around for more info on your system's capacity for gaming. If you're using a desktop you have the option to buy extra fans and fit inside the CPU compartment for extra cooling.

If it comes with a dedicated graphics card (yours does), then its certainly made for gaming. Don't worry, enjoy playing games on your system.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
"I'd suggest you to ask around for more info on your system's capacity for gaming." what type of info.. Tell me, and i can check it. But i listed everything above?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:00am On Jan 19, 2015
chistev12:

Mention my moniker next time for instant replies.

Some manufacturers build gaming-specific rigs e.g. ASUS Republic of Gamers, Dell Alienware and XPS. These're built from high quality endurance parts to ensure they deliver similar performance and durability levels as game consoles.

On the other hand some manufacturers build entertainment and sometimes business laptops pre-loaded with high end specifications. These play games just fine but have a weak-link e.g. budget cooling fans that give up after 6 hours of heavy use or slow motherboards which affect games negatively regardless of the high end parts installed.

I'd advice you install games, play them and come to a conlusion anyway as asking more questions might confuse you even further.

(1) (Reply)

Best Games For Old Computer That Can Run In Full Speed / Interested In Buying A Good Psp / Is It True That I Can Get A Faily Used (benjor) Ps2 At Benin Forn 5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.