Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,228 members, 7,960,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

What's In Cigarette Smoke? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's In Cigarette Smoke? (1071 Views)

Top-10 Factors To Smoke Cigarettes That Is Electric / 250 Substances In Cigarette Harmful To Your Lungs / Benefits, Difference Of Smoking Weed And Cigarette. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's In Cigarette Smoke? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hope you’ve got a strong stomach because the answer is really gross. Ready for it?

Ok, so imagine breathing in flea powder, nail polish remover and floor cleaner all at the same time. But there’s far more: cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals and 69 of these are known to cause cancer. Even if you don't smoke you can still get sick from these poisonous chemicals just by breathing in other people's smoke.

When you smoke a cigarette, you breathe in some of the following:

Tar a black, sticky substance that contains many poisonous chemical such as: ammonia (found in floor and window cleaner), toluene (found in industrial solvents) and acetone (found in paint stripper and nail polish remover)
nicotine , the addictive drug in tobacco
carbon monoxide , a poisonous gas that reduces the amount of oxygen taken up by a person's red blood cells
hydrogen cyanide , the poison used in gas chambers during World War ll
metals, including lead, nickel, arsenic (white ant poison) and cadmium (used in car batteries)
pesticides such as methoprene (found in flea powder). Other chemicals such as benzene (found in petrol) and naphthalene (found in mothballs) are also in tobacco smoke.

[img]http://www.oxygen.org.au/images/Secrets_they_keep_poster_June_2011.bmp[/img]

What's in cigarettes vs. What's in cigarette smoke

Feeling confused? There is a difference between 'what's in cigarettes' and 'what's in cigarette smoke'. The bulk of chemicals and poisons found in cigarette smoke is a direct result from burning the tobacco in its natural form. However the tobacco industry also adds chemicals and poisons to the tobacco during its manufacture for a range of purposes.

The purposes of additives are to:

*Improve the manufacturing of tobacco products eg. chemicals are added to make tobacco less brittle
*Increase the shelf life
*Control the rate the tobacco burns
*Speed up the delivery of nicotine to the brain
improve the flavour and reduce the harsh taste....

For those that smoke, This should give you a clue of what you inhale into your system... Desist from smoking please.. It ain't good at all

http://www.oxygen.org.au/hardfacts/whats-in-cigarette-smoke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by pinkycute(f): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nice writeup @Op

Modify****** what about electronic cigarette What damage those it caused

tongue
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by kestolove95(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
Sumtin must kill a man..so I need lighter...I want to light my benso and hedges
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Nice writeup @Op

Thanks Ma'am

Ah hope yhu don't Smoke?

Na joke ah dhey ooo grin
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Sumtin must kill a man..so I need lighter...I want to light my benso and hedges

Okay sir

Lemmeee get yhu one

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLLPLxwd1bvYDoNWUNcaMY7RPPbFu_86SCOprl3Jq9APz7-XdNTw[/img]

Oya carry ya cigar come
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by pinkycute(f): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
grin grin

JayKayMaybachz:

Thanks Ma'am

Ah hope yhu don't Smoke?

Na joke ah dhey ooo grin
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by kestolove95(m): 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Okay sir

Lemmeee get yhu one

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLLPLxwd1bvYDoNWUNcaMY7RPPbFu_86SCOprl3Jq9APz7-XdNTw[/img] hahahaah...ur head dey dia..dix one na ril member o

Oya carry ya cigar come
Re: What's In Cigarette Smoke? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Good one op thanks, I encourage you to share more smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help Please! PLEASE! / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / 6 Signs Of Liver Disease Most People Ignore,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.