Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:04 AM

When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? (1338 Views)

Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Akolawole(m): 2:46am On Aug 30, 2006
His name is Patrick Segun Odegbami.

Nigeria's Captain to Espana '82 World Cup Qualifier.

He has again lost the election to Mr Lulu.

Can he ever get the chance?

Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 30, 2006
When is Odegbami going to be NFA chairman?

The day Gani Fawehinmi becomes Nigerian president!
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Akolawole(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2006
Too bad nearly all of us ignore this post.

This is important for Nigeria football but unfortunately we are discussing Chelsea, Arsenal united etc

Loverbwouy, where are you?
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Ugwumba(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2006
@ Akolawole, point is the EPL is run professionally, with little interference from politicians. those who know and live football are in charge, making it exciting.

the Nigerian (is it pepsi or cocacola or globacom now?) league in contrast is run by an NFA that is filled with alhajis', ogbuefis', otunbas' who have no interest in making it any better.

the saving grace is that we usually have the talent on the field to make us appear to be a football superpower (still ranked first in africa and top 20 in the world).

my brother, i no dey worry about things wey go give me undue stress.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2006
i dont know much about nigeria football

Being a former footballer and having a good reputation should make him a very strong contestant but it seems he didnt really do much to get support, maybe he wants it to come naturally

He said the election were free and fair, but after so many funny elections in the past he lost the zeal

I think he should concentrate on private football management, like thta guy in Enyimba Felix * and leave the muddy NFA
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Akolawole(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2006
@Ugumba and LB

The election was open but definitely some money must have exchange hands.

I will blame FIFA for this.

Such electoral settings is not good for our country or Africa in general.

Lets just appoint the Chairman.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Grizzly(m): 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2006
judging from his number of posts, (just 6) i reckon he isnt liked. .
maybe he worked hand in hand with galadima during his tenure, i wouldnt know,
but i'm not sure he will ever be there, better he forgets it,
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by teeroy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2006
Odegbami has been on th NFA board b4. its not as if he's going to perform miracles when he finally gets there. It might just be one big anti-climax afterall if he gets there.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2006
I will blame FIFA for this.

Such electoral settings is not good for our country or Africa in general.

i dont understand what you mean by the setting undecided

the fact that it was open should be good for everybody shouldnt it?
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by otolorin(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2006
again - it was an NFA (s)election in favour of Sani Lulu

Odegbami hasn't got the connection, and the money as well.

b'liv me - 'tmite sound silly, but it wasn't a FREE 'n' FAIR election.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Grizzly(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2006
Of course it isnt silly,
IT wasnt a free and fair election at all,
It was more of, the more u look, the less u see.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by SirKay3(m): 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ Akolawole,

That's going to be the day you sit down inside the mainbowl of the National Stadium, Surulere, to watch CHLESEA play ARSENAL.

Never can he be. Naija politricks for you
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by amodu(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2006
I think it would have been the fittest for the post but unfortunately he didnt get there.

You know what i am curious about this NFA and sport minister, why is it that is only this Hausas that takes over the position, one Hausa going out and another coming in?

Can someone explain to me?
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by kitaun(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2006
My mind tells me that he will never get there and also that its more honorable for him to be trying and not get there than get there and fumble, case study is that of how he could not lead Gateway FC to the promised land, it did not really speak well of him as the Oga of the club basically because the expectations were much but unfortunately he did not deliver cool

Pls i would not like to be mis-quoted i love this man but i doubt if he will ever be there!

@Amodu

Where were you when the likes of Ikhazobo, Obakpolor, Kojo-Williams, Kentebbe and co were made chairmen of the NFA, all being Southerners, abeg stop these tribalistic sentiments and look forward
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:01am On Sep 07, 2006
@Amodu

Where were you when the likes of Ikhazobo, Obakpolor, Kojo-Williams, Kentebbe and co were made chairmen of the NFA, all being Southerners, abeg stop these tribalistic sentiments and look forward

thank you

this is sport

no discrimination plz
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by bolaoni(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2006
If Lulu's "selection" wasn't tribalistic, then I think it is Political. There was a rumour going round b4 the election
that those who are not members of the PDP won't stand any chance of getting any post in the FA. I don't know
which party Odegbami belongs, but it is obvious some people do not want him there.

Looking at precedents, Kodjo Williams was too intelligent for some people and they have to shove him aside for
being too "arrogant" shocked So these same set of people are still in the F.A. and I'm sure they won't be able to cope
with Odegbami, who will want to carry out some reforms when he becomes the Chairman.

I don't know much about Lulu, but I'm sure it will be easy to push him around a little than it will be if Odegbami
happens to be Chairman. These people are not after the development of the game, so they won't like to have
anybody who has the interest of developing Naija Soccer at the helms of affair.

This is not normal, but unfortunately, this is Nigeria where anything goes! cry
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by kitaun(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Bolaoni

Well spoken, but the issue here is that the selection was simply political and it was obvious that Lulu was a government candidate and money had changed hands.Do you believe that there was a businessman (Omokhomion) from the south-south nicknamed "private sector" that is still hollering for Sam John to return his money which was meant to have been used to get delegates to vote him in as Chairman, being assured that he was chairman-elect he made available huge sums of money but at the end of the day the guy did not secure even 1 vote, so disgraceful if you ask me shocked cool
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by Akolawole(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2006
LoverBwoy:

i don't understand what you mean by the setting undecided

the fact that it was open should be good for everybody shouldnt it?

LoverLover

FIFA settings will work in West Not in Africa where money talks in Election.
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by kitaun(m): 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Akola

Well said cool
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by romeo(m): 5:08am On Jul 08, 2007
Is it his birth right? abeg make i hear word for here
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by DrKitaun(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2009
u dey take style promote ur forum abi ? tongue

Kolanut indeed ! cheesy
Re: When Is Odegbami Going To Become Nfa Chairman? by BrigGen: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2009
@ Dr Kitaun

You can still take me up on the KOLANUT offer
Cos i saw this tongue  where you wrote KOLANUT
Must mean you're salivating,right?

(1) (Reply)

Uchebo, 39 Others Make Siasia's F'eagles List (local News) / Katsina Spotlight Clears Players Sign-on Fees / John Mikel Obi Is An Hidden Tressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.