Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,168 members, 7,936,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:33 PM

Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? (1116 Views)

Singer D'banj Still Has Contract With Globacom / Dasukigate: Alibaba & Gbenga Adeyinka Joke In Front Of Buhari (Video) / WTF! What On Earth Is D'banj Doing With This Female Fan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by Dpackage: 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
After the split between Don Jazzy and D'banj, a lot of Nigerian music fans have always said that D'banj career is dead, while others have said the young man is not relevant in the Nigeria music industry, so today we try to analyse if D'banj is still relevant in the music scene in Nigeria, or is era is no more in the musical scene..

Dbanj is every artists dream, He is constantly in our face and he has been breaking boundaries away from Nigeria, Africa but to the world. He is the first Nigerian Artist to get signed to Kanye West and even have him on his Oliver twist video, and other good music label mate, Big Sean, Pusha T and others.

D'banj have gotten himself different major distribution deals, he got himself Universal Records in Africa, Mercury Records in the Uk. None of the Nigerian artist had done anything like this, D'banj should be respected in the Nigeria music scene, you cannot write the Nigerian music history without writing 2 pages about D'banj. He still signed a deal with one of the biggest telecommunication company in Africa, Globalcom, the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote endorsed him and also he is working on a campaign with Bill Gates.

Do you know Oliver Twist is one of the most played songs outside of Nigeria by any UK radio. The whole of Europe, USA were all dancing to the Oliver Twist song.He is one of the pioneers of Nigerian music, he placed it on the map. #FactOnly. He also brought Good music crew to Nigeria, Pusha T, Big Sean, and other artists like 2Chainz and the TV reality star, Amber Rose.

Read my verdict here : http:///kCOuFE

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by tobtap: 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
DBANJ IS STILL VERY RELEVANT AND HIS MUSIC HAS EVOLVED...HE IS INTO MUSIC BUSINESS NOT JUST MUSIC...HE HAS WON MORE AWARDS AND STILL CHARGE HIGHER PERFORMANCE FEES THAN ANY ARTIST IN MAVINS ...AND NO ARTIST IN MAVINS/OR DON-JAZZY ARTISTS HAS WON ANY MAJOR AWARD SINCE THE BREAK-UP OF MO-HITS.NO KNOWN SUCCESSFUL ARTIST STICK TO ONE PRODUCER FOR EVER...U NEED TO UPGRADE OR CHANGE ONCE IN A WHILE...THAT WHILE U SEE P-SQUARE AND TU-FACE USING DIFFERENT PRODUCERS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
DONJAZZY IS OBVIOUSLY GOOD,BUT OUT OF OVER 100 SONGS PRODUCED SINCE MO-HIT BREAK UP,HE ONLY HAS LIKE 3 OR 4 HITS AMONG THEM....D'PRINCE AND DR SID ALBUM WERE OBVIOUS FLOPS AND ONLY TIWA SAVAGE SEEMS TO BE MAKING HEADWAY AMONG THEM....BACK TO D'BANJ......HE HAS MORE INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION AND AWARDS THAN ANY OTHER NAIJA ARTIST AROUND...SO PLEASE GIVE HIM DUE HONOR ON THAT..THANKS

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by pojophilius(m): 1:14am On Mar 12, 2015
tobtap:
DBANJ IS STILL VERY RELEVANT AND HIS MUSIC HAS EVOLVED...HE IS INTO MUSIC BUSINESS NOT JUST MUSIC...HE HAS WON MORE AWARDS AND STILL CHARGE HIGHER PERFORMANCE FEES THAN ANY ARTIST IN MAVINS ...AND NO ARTIST IN MAVINS/OR DON-JAZZY ARTISTS HAS WON ANY MAJOR AWARD SINCE THE BREAK-UP OF MO-HITS.NO KNOWN SUCCESSFUL ARTIST STICK TO ONE PRODUCER FOR EVER...U NEED TO UPGRADE OR CHANGE ONCE IN A WHILE...THAT WHILE U SEE P-SQUARE AND TU-FACE USING DIFFERENT PRODUCERS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
DONJAZZY IS OBVIOUSLY GOOD,BUT OUT OF OVER 100 SONGS PRODUCED SINCE MO-HIT BREAK UP,HE ONLY HAS LIKE 3 OR 4 HITS AMONG THEM....D'PRINCE AND DR SID ALBUM WERE OBVIOUS FLOPS AND ONLY TIWA SAVAGE SEEMS TO BE MAKING HEADWAY AMONG THEM....BACK TO D'BANJ......HE HAS MORE INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION AND AWARDS THAN ANY OTHER NAIJA ARTIST AROUND...SO PLEASE GIVE HIM DUE HONOR ON THAT..THANKS
Bro,tz obvious u r high on garri...,,so,,3 awards dat mavins claimed @ d last headies award na fake,tiwa's two awards dat she won @ d last MAMA na fake too??,bro goan sleep,I love dbanj die but bro dapo is gone musically,imagine an upcoming artiste singing all dbanj's recent songs with dat wack voice,u go like am,I'm sure dat d'banj's top 20 songs in his career,@least 18 of dem will be produced by donjazzy..let's call a SPADE a SPADE nd a HoE a HoE,d'banj is gone musically,,he is a joke!!!fnx to packaging tho..
Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 12, 2015
He's got you talking, innit? EOD.
Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by Rotimi47: 3:45am On Mar 12, 2015
pojophilius:

Bro,tz obvious u r high on garri...,,so,,3 awards dat mavins claimed @ d last headies award na fake,tiwa's two awards dat she won @ d last MAMA na fake too??,bro goan sleep,I love dbanj die but bro dapo is gone musically,imagine an upcoming artiste singing all dbanj's recent songs with dat wack voice,u go like am,I'm sure dat d'banj's top 20 songs in his career,@least 18 of dem will be produced by donjazzy..let's call a SPADE a SPADE nd a HoE a HoE,d'banj is gone musically,,he is a joke!!!fnx to packaging tho..
I believe you are high on rusty damage musical equipments because haters like you always fail to be objective, you never look at the reality on ground; B'banj have evolved after the break up of Mo'hit, he has won more awards, did collaborations that were above average, performed at African Nations Cup,multiple endorsements not cheap endorsements but endorsement that comes from muti national companies. Abeg get a life! The guy is also into several business that will yield good return ad time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by IamOpemipo(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2015
Rotimi47:
I believe you are high on rusty damage musical equipments because haters like you always fail to be objective, you never look at the reality on ground; B'banj have evolved after the break up of Mo'hit, he has won more awards, did collaborations that were above average, performed at African Nations Cup,multiple endorsements not cheap endorsements but endorsement that comes from muti national companies. Abeg get a life! The guy is also into several business that will yield good return ad time goes on.

Y u wastin energy on dat niggi! Dude is high on jazzy sperm fluid..

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by tobtap: 9:32am On Mar 12, 2015
pojophilius:

well,that my opinion...thanks for sharing urs...u dont have to insult me to make ur point...peace
Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by pojophilius(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
Rotimi47:
U r clueless!!!,d question begs for d'banj's performance musically,,,wetin be ma own wif him other biznez,u dy talk collaboration,which collaboration d'banj has done since his solo life dat hitna u go temme sey he dy win awards,person fail,u dy talk sey he get handwritting,,,mind u,I'm not hating,I'm just bn sincere,,,u cnt like him like I do,,,d'banj is gone musically,suck dat bro,bfor u turn yasef into a nuisance....
Re: Is D'banj Still Relevant Or A Joke In Nigerian Music Scene? by pojophilius(m): 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
tobtap:

well,that my opinion...thanks for sharing urs...u dont have to insult me to make ur point...peace
U dnt av to lie to make ur point also,,,,issokay tho

(1) (Reply)

[photo] Sean Tizzle Gets Huge Angel Of Life Tattoo / Fetty Wap Announces Trap Queen Afro Remix With Davido, Wizkid And Ice Prince / Occultic Home Of Horror Where 3500 Weapons Were Found-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.