Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,146 members, 7,936,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 04:18 PM

16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari (1263 Views)

Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard / Nigerian Students In China Endorse Buhari (photo) / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
No fewer than sixteen political parties in Ekiti
State have endorsed the All Progressives
Congress presidential candidate, Muhammadu
Buhari for the presidential poll on Saturday.
The parties also passed a vote of confidence in
the Chairman of the Independent National
Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, to
conduct a free, fair and credible poll.
The Chairman of the African Democratic
Congress, Mr Tunji Ogunmola, who spoke on
behalf of the parties, at a press conference in
Ado Ekiti on Thursday, said only Buhari, among
the candidates, could deliver the Nigeria’s
economy from the shackle of corruption and
insecurity.
He said the task of rebuilding the nation was
onerous but could be achieved if Nigerians
keyed into the ‘change’ message which Buhari
had brought.
Ogunmola decried the level of insecurity and
corruption under President Goodluck
Jonathan’s current government.
He said, “We have thrown our weight behind
Gen. Buhari in the interest of all Nigerians to
salvage , liberate and rebuild the country.
“We, therefore, look forward to ensuring the
resounding victory of Gen. Buhari, who will
break the yoke of insecurity in the country.
“We appeal to eligible voters to actively
participate peacefully in these elections and
protect the sanctity of the electoral process,
devoid of rancor and acrimony since election is
a passing phase.
“We call on candidates of all political parties to
remember the peace accord signed during the
stakeholders’ meeting held recently and
discourage their followers from participating
in thuggery and politics of bloodshed.
“We, however, express concerns over
indiscriminate arrest of opposition leaders in
the state by the PDP-led government.”
Ogunmola said such action could cause
violence in the state if it continues unchecked.
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by kodded(m): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
source?
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by absoluteSuccess: 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Miracle about to happen.
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Braggante(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Just like you, I'm also interested in Nigerian development. I wish for a time when our nation will leave the title of a mere developing country. I wish for a time when our green passport will not be an invitation to undeserved suspicion and embarrassment at foreign airports. For a time when economic growth will truly reflect in the lives of the common people. I wish for a time when we can be proud to be Nigerians.
On the other hand, I, like you love the comfort of continuity, the security of the familiar and tranquility of repetition.
But truth be told, there is something terribly wrong with this country. Corruption is destroying our economy and so is insecurity, unemployment and lack of power supply, infrastructural neglect, to name a few. The economic gains remain in the pocket of the few at the top, while you and I scramble for what is left. Some of us point fingers and accuse the government of not doing enough. But if we are looking for the guilty, we need only look into a mirror.

Four years ago, we voted for good luck and not PDP, we were carried away with the facade of innocence and fresh alternative this government enticed us with. We hoped and waited. Now it is obvious that Goodluck Jonathan cannot do better for us than he is doing now, despite the myriad of propaganda that conspires to rob us of our reason and corrupt our common sense. Worse still, the media has become a tool to broadcast falsehood with the hope of blurring the truth, and deceiving us. The truth however is on obvious on the faces of the impoverished homeless men and women on the streets, on our scanty dinner plates, in the minds of the jobless youths used as political thugs. In the tragedy that has become of our once great nation.

A few hours from today, we have another opportunity to correct this damning error called PDP.
But if you've seen nothing, If the crimes of this present government remain unknown to you, I suggest you allow the 28th of March, to pass unnoticed. But if you see what i see, if you feel as I feel, and if you seek as I seek, then I ask you to join me on Saturday, at your polling station with your PVC, to vote GMB/PYO, and together we shall give PDP a 28th of March that shall never ever be forgot.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by justjify(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
16 parties, But only mentioned one. What happened to the remaining 15? This kind report self get K-Leg angry
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
How many have office outside Abuja?
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by sehin79(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Mogidi: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ will win Ekiti, the Fayose effect can't be underestimated.

1 Like

Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
Braggante:
Just like you, I'm also interested in Nigerian development. I wish for a time when our nation will leave the title of a mere developing country. I wish for a time when our green passport will not be an invitation to undeserved suspicion and embarrassment at foreign airports. For a time when economic growth will truly reflect in the lives of the common people. I wish for a time when we can be proud to be Nigerians.
On the other hand, I, like you love the comfort of continuity, the security of the familiar and tranquility of repetition.
But truth be told, there is something terribly wrong with this country. Corruption is destroying our economy and so is insecurity, unemployment and lack of power supply, infrastructural neglect, to name a few. The economic gains remain in the pocket of the few at the top, while you and I scramble for what is left. Some of us point fingers and accuse the government of not doing enough. But if we are looking for the guilty, we need only look into a mirror.

Four years ago, we voted for good luck and not PDP, we were carried away with the facade of innocence and fresh alternative this government enticed us with. We hoped and waited. Now it is obvious that Goodluck Jonathan cannot do better for us than he is doing now, despite the myriad of propaganda that conspires to rob us of our reason and corrupt our common sense. Worse still, the media has become a tool to broadcast falsehood with the hope of blurring the truth, and deceiving us. The truth however is on obvious on the faces of the impoverished homeless men and women on the streets, on our scanty dinner plates, in the minds of the jobless youths used as political thugs. In the tragedy that has become of our once great nation.

A few hours from today, we have another opportunity to correct this damning error called PDP.
But if you've seen nothing, If the crimes of this present government remain unknown to you, I suggest you allow the 28th of March, to pass unnoticed. But if you see what i see, if you feel as I feel, and if you seek as I seek, then I ask you to join me on Saturday, at your polling station with your PVC, to vote GMB/PYO, and together we shall give PDP a 28th of March that shall never ever be forgot.
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:
GEJ will win Ekiti, the Fayose effect can't be underestimated.

And ondo, ogun, Lagos and oyo

Osun is a close call

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by bewla(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
wait is b4 our eyes now
Re: 16 Political Parties Endorse Buhari by POPdecorator: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
More still coming sai buhari

(1) (Reply)

Police-woman Asleep On Election Duty! / I Wonder How A Certain Dude Is Feeling Right Now / Americans React To The News Of Buhari's Win On Yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.