Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,394 members, 7,881,431 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .. (2693 Views)

Scale Of Prefence - Jonathans First Year Vs. Buharis First Year Of Service / See List Of Buharis Ministers / Lai Mohammed Fires Back At FFK- "whats all the noise about Buharis credentials?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2015

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
True to type!
Re: .. by dealslip(f): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Well the message is clear as I have been saying on this forum, the change you seek is in you and not in your government. Do not expect your environment to change if you are not willing to change. You can not save a man from himself if he refuses to change. From Army Officers to Policemen to FRSC to Traffic Officer taking bribes to offenders and non offenders offering bribe, if we change everyone will think twice before embarking on offences. Government officials and corruption should part ways. Fraudsters also voted asking for change, are they willing to give up their fraudulent ways. Irresponsible Fathers were also asking for change. If we cannot handle vices in our private lives, we can not demand honesty from public officials. The new government will not change our attitude to fellow Nigerians. The greed and hatred and division can only stop if we start seeing ourselves as human and not as enemies. Resource control, Economic and Infrastructure development, regulation and Security is their first job, the rest in in our hands. Let us make it work

4 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Change from the top will change every thinking of an average Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: .. by kodded(m): 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
undecided
Re: .. by tinkinjow: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
Where's the message. We, or I know how Buhari speaks and nothing come close to that.

Next please.
...and it may please you to know that 95% of military men are disciplinarians. Even I a "civilian" am one. If am not mistaken your dad may be one too...
Please there's nothing special in being a disciplinarian.
In some spheres it's looked at as a weakness - an inability to get people to tow your line without applying punitive actions. You csn only achieve it while occupying a more powerful and dominant position.

I personally have used my nephews and nieces to gradually get myself out of that mindset
Re: .. by Defcon1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
PUSH1:
Change from the top will change every thinking of an average Nigerian.
I wouldn't bet on that.
Re: .. by bright007(f): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
He is a certificateless dictator
Re: .. by Rajjah(f): 10:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
bright007:
oh dear. See my u re nt up to date. Dose crooky military leaders finally brought his cert out.
Re: .. by Rajjah(f): 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
bright007:
oh dear. Seems u re nt up to date. Dose crooky military leaders finally brought his cert out.

4 Likes

Re: .. by holytribe(m): 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Report just reaching me now from rivers says that one governorship aspirant under the pop has just distributed a huge sum of money to the INEC ad hoc staffs. The money is said to be in huge some of 100 thousand naira each for all presiding officers in portharcourt and 50000 naira each for APO/VP. The report have it was the said Governorship aspirant that gave out the money to the corners and in new notes brought with a Ghana must go bag. The said aspirant has also promised them for more on Thursday and subsequently after the election. It's a confirmed news.

Re: .. by jumobi1(m): 12:15am On Apr 05, 2015
Interesting
Re: .. by Reediano(m): 12:24am On Apr 05, 2015
holytribe:
Report just reaching me now from rivers says that one governorship aspirant under the pop has just distributed a huge sum of money to the INEC ad hoc staffs. The money is said to be in huge some of 100 thousand naira each for all presiding officers in portharcourt and 50000 naira each for APO/VP. The report have it was the said Governorship aspirant that gave out the money to the corners and in new notes brought with a Ghana must go bag. The said aspirant has also promised them for more on Thursday and subsequently after the election. It's a confirmed news.

If the news is true (which am not sure of) why the gift..
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 05, 2015
mike56:
Ladies and gentlemen. My message to you is a more sober one. As Every news outlet now ask itself with respect to every story "how is buhari going to change Nigeria?"

All I suggest is you ask yourself the question. Does your choices and decisions, your ideals and your actions in the interest of national progress or self preservation and greed.

That question is for you alone to answer. Nobody should answer it for you. No Past governmental failures should negatively affect your thoughts in answering this question.

But I would be failing as a concerned citizen if I don't address the need for a rapid change in our actions as Nigerians.

The events of recent weeks may have help to illuminate the power the people possess in a democratic society. But the dimensions of which the people can affect and bring about a positive change in our outlook as a nation is beyond our imagination.

Whatever our hopes maybe for the future. Nigeria's future imposes upon us two requirements of direct consideration. These requirements may seem almost unnecessary in a system where it's necessity has been undermined and it's importance has been disregarded.

I refer first to the need for a change in our outlook and our actions. And to the need for self discipline and unity in our daily lives as a standard.

And I do ask every Nigerian, civilian and military to examine his own standards, responsibilities and way of life. And to recognize the nature of our countries challenge.

In times of trouble, it is customary that even a defunct family must come together based largely upon love and self discipline and yield to the pressures of unity and progress to achieve common good. And I pray we come to together as one to address our nations problems.

It was early in my predecessors regime, that ex president Jonathan remarked upon two notable things necessary to facilitate and bring about a positive change in the affairs of the Nigerian nation. The Nigerian youth and the technological ingenuity of the 21st century namely the internet.

The internet when put to it's utmost limit has reminded mankind of the powerful influence and the wealth of information we can have and access in other to bring about the required change in the course of our future.

It brings the average Nigerians attention to the cries in the Farthest part of a country where normally it could have been ignored if it were years ago. It sounds as the alarm for a failing regime and the trumpet for a prosperous democracy. The hope and danger of one has become the hope and danger of all. In that one world effort to live together in unity and progress, the evolution of the Nigerian people put together with powerful dividends of a prosperous democracy will make every Nigerian who we are really born to be. Courageous, prosperous, Free and independent.

God bless Nigeria

Lalasticlala

http://www.debriefng.com/?p=article&id=134751#bottom134751

He's not ex President. He's the sitting and current President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. Unfortunately.
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 05, 2015
I still didn't see your message oo
Or i'm I missing something.

(1) (Reply)

See The Pastor Who Asked For $60 Million - N12b in Donations To Buy A New Jet! / Saraki’s Arrest: Buhari’s Government Is Chronically Sick – Njiko Igbo Forum / #20 Hilarious Words Patrick Obahiagbon Use To Deceive Nigerians & Its Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.