Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,969 members, 7,936,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics (729 Views)

5 Challenges A Young Nigerian Will Overcome To Join Politics / IPOB Should Join Politics / See What A Man Did To His Wife Because She Wants To Join Politics(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by Iamoilprince(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Am from South Eastern part of Nigeria, am about to complete my Masters degree and currently doing a mini job. I have interest in politics. I feel the igbos are not getting it right and i strongly believe that i have what it takes to be a good politician. I know i shall rule this country some day, infact am looking at 2027.

Guys please advise me on how to go about it. Am thinking of even relocating to abj. Or do I need to move to my state of origin ?

One thing am scared of is the kind of politics that would involve Blood or belonging to any cult group Am very much a Believer and cant see myself doing such.

Nairalanders pls advise me.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by PilotOz(m): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Thats nice... I for onw have political ambitions.. Well u have to start frm the bottom.. i mean rock bottom... Ur educational background will surely give u an edge.. Join a local meeting in ur neighbourhood... You must have seen a party secetariat or any community meeting with heavy presence of politics... Offer to be their secetary for a start, do lots of writing for them, They'll value u when u write minutes, prepare speech for influential figures, and all... Be consistent, And knw hw things r beign done... Engage urself in comunity work. EG if the street transformer gets bad, bring ideas in which it can be repaire either by house to house donation or going to PHCN... Be active with the community, let them knw u can be trusted.. With this, ppl will always recommend u.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by nairalife2013(m): 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
Haha I just dey leave u just dey come, well, I wish u goodluck!
Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by Tearg1: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
I am based in the UK, and I was thinking of doing thesame. here is my advice..

first, you have to create your own path into the political arena... and don't start off being loyal to all sorts of humans, because it affects your credibility. Rather, find a worthy cause in the community and begin to rally for it. it must be something that either empowers the society, or fixes it, for instance, Rape has become rife in our community, if you begin to campaign against it and campaign for women that will touch all minds and souls.

secondly, volunteering for the party itself is a good start... APC for instance will be surely a good platform to start on. and before you know it, you can do a project that will make the governor look Good, thats when your name will begin to ring bells...

study chris Ngige for instance, the way he came into politics was really treacherous, however he had to ensure that the projects he executed we that which benefits the community and thats how he built his name.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by PilotOz(m): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Then u can start discussing ur plans with those at the helm of affairs... Many A-list poiticians will visit ur secetariat or comunity meeting soliciting for votes, etc. offer to campaign for them. As long as they r trust worthy. Im sure if u're consistent, one Politician will endorse u for his party.. as a party member... Then cotinue the good work... speak to them on wat u can do.. let them knw u're educated and u r dedicated to the cause.. Humility takes ppl places... ur consistency might just give u a quick rise frm beign just a party member to beign endorsed and recommended for a chairman role, frm there ur chances of beign nominated for local govt chairman gets higher. As long as ur are credible and ur past records and works shws who u are as an upright man. Engage ursef more with politics, become more knowledgeable, use ur own funds to do the little things u can maybe by providing chairs and other things for ur first community meeting. Be more consistent, and u might just win local govt chairman (as long as the community u helped in ensuring thier transformer works kws u, nd r willing to vote for u...

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by Precioussilas10: 11:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
My brother,politics in Nigeria is a very dirty game where your political opponent is perceived as an enemy.For you to survive the political atmosphere in Nigeria,you must be spiritually strong.In other words,you must acquire supernatural powers or belong to one cult.Do not be swayed by the open display of this carefree attitude by these politicians.In the privacy of their own thoughts,they regret joining these societies.I'm in no way trying to weaken your political ambition and to think you have a dream as lofty as ruling the nation someday,then definitely you must need these powers...If you want to kickoff your political career,it's always advisable to start from your community unless you have someone to connect you straight up but even at that,your kind gestures in your community will speak volumes for you.
Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by Wendyslim(f): 11:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tor. Weldone and gud luck
Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by major466(m): 11:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
You don't need to join politics, you are already in it. Politics is everywhere.
For you to be a good politician, you need to develop your own hard-core principles and morals based on your beliefs and code of conduct. These will become your guiding principles. It will make you unique as you dive into the mucky waters of public politics.
Re: I Need Ur Advise! I Want To Join Politics by Iamoilprince(m): 12:29am On Apr 05, 2015
Wow! I really appreciate you all for ur contribution. Am very very very grateful.

I will put everything into consideration. I havent been to my home town in a long time, but i think its about that time i travel often to contribute my own quota.

@pilotOZ, i will do what you said asap.
@tearg1, nice one. Qute educative. I grabbed a point.
@preciossilas10, am a believer. The cult thing can never be an option. Am a strong RCCG member, and i fear God. I would like to be among the few people that are successful in African politics without belonging into any cult.

Starting from my community tend to be the most suggested idea and that will be my starting point.

More ideas will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

After 16yrs Does Lagos Want To Remain An Opposition State? / Buhari: My Worry / Wike Signed A Letter For Me In His Office As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.