Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,994 members, 7,936,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:21 AM

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard (85901 Views)

APGA Sweeps House Of Assembly Polls In Anambra- Thisday / Ambode Wins Lagos Governorship Election, Succeeds Fashola / Results From Enugu Presidential And Nat. Assembly Polls - Vanguard Ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by zoomzu(f): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
VANHELLSING:

^^^^^
We aren't strangers in Southwest, so nothing they will bring to the table today that we haven't seen or encountered before. We are not cowards like you people.

Mark my words, we will show you we own lagos, our Obas have absolute authority over our affairs. That's our culture, jimichukwu will regret disrespecting our traditional institution

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Cwaya(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
Controlled:

if it was Yoruba people....that the eze said dat about.....I can assure u 100%...that they would not have even paid attention to it...they would have laffed it off....but Igbos....always big story...so yorubas like to laff @their expense.... grin

Buhahahaahaha

I can see how you guys are laughing it off.

Goto Alaba/balogun market and see if any igbo man cares about any shit called politics if not his money.

We were on our own oo, una oba carry mouth dey follow us.
Why the empty threats when you know you cant do anything.

Nna go sleep biko, i wan go chill for Lagoon park.
Join me if you wish tongue tongue grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Walelavender(m): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
Oh my God! This is the 6th thread I will open in this section to check election results. All what I end up reading is tribal bigotry. What is going on in this politics section. All the bigots, una well so? Please stop all this stupid obsession.
Anyway who is leading? Ambo or JK?

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by hidee20(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

It's not South South oil. Nigerian tools/workers are used to retrieve the oil.

If Lagos is no man's land, thent he oil belongs to us all.

I usually dont comment on tribal post but got the following to say

1) even the federal allocation is shared based on where the resources are located that's why the SS/SE states receives more than osun and Ogun state,if we are one Nigeria why cant the money be shared equally?

2) a whole ministry is been set-up and funded from the federal purse for the NIGER DELTA,why?.If its cause they are under-developed then what are their state government using the "too much" federal and internal generated funds for? OR the environmental pollution in the area,the host communities and various NGOs had taken those oil firms to international courts and won millions of dollars as compensation.

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by ademoladeji(m): 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
jsea:

Mumu does buhari has certificate??.........And yet he's d president elect of Nigeria....u betta commot dat mumu pix sharp sharp

Me n you get issue before ni as you dey call me mumu?
Have I talked abt sm1 have certificate or not?
Please, don't insult me oooooo
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Cwaya(m): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
nairapolice:

Keep your mouth seal boss, you ppl always claim u r the lost tribe of Isreal and that u dont have a home. Infact u must have gotten lost when u were being led home from egypt because of yo waywardness. and ibos havegot no fucking money cos when the time is ripe to pursue u na, we will seize yo money and auction yo properties d way we did for ghana

hahahahahahaha..

Nairapolice abi KoboMopol

As for Lost tribe of israel, I dont care about that because i didnt bear witness to that neither do my father or grandfather. I'm Igbo and purely Igbo.

Coming to the Pursue matter, we are waiting for you in the Lagoon to come drive us. tongue tongue grin grin

YOU CAN'T DO ANY SHIT!! tongue tongue
Even your Tinubu and oba no fit pursue us so long as Nigeria is concerned tongue tongue

and ibos havegot no fucking money cos when the time is ripe to pursue u na, we will seize yo money and auction yo properties d way we did for ghana
Imagine, you are hoping on our money and properties to sell grin grin .. chaii, no dey fall your people hand naa. embarassed

Ntoiiiii !!!! tongue tongue tongue

Seriously, from what some of you post here una dey fall hand for nairaland, my yoruba friends dont reason this way, they are cool guys.

#PROUDLYIGBO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Bola4mi(f): 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ambooooo,we neva com
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Ilekeh(f): 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
hidee20:

I usually dont comment on tribal post but got the following to say

1) even the federal allocation is shared based on where the resources are located that's why the SS/SE states receives more than osun and Ogun state,if we are one Nigeria why cant the money be shared equally?

2) a whole ministry is been set-up and funded from the federal purse for the NIGER DELTA,why?.If its cause they are under-developed then what are their state government using the "too much" federal and internal generated funds for? OR the environmental pollution in the area,the host communities and various NGOs had taken those oil firms to international courts and won millions of dollars as compensation.

Ask yourself: what are your governors doing with their state allocations? What has Nigerian millitants done with their amnesty money? Asari Dokubo uses his money to develop Benin (the country).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Badebim(f): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Sai Ambode shocked
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
VANHELLSING:

Shut up Bastard, so because igbos are in yoruba land they shouldn't make their own choice between 2 yoruba contestants?. It's obvious u are a bloody Bastard & a coward cos igbos are not know to be follow follow......Anu ofia

Nna, biko wayo na! You didn't have to descend lower by calling me names unjustifiably (in my view). You read me wrongly my friend. I didn't mean to say that Igbos should be denied the choice of making a pick from the candidates seeking election as Governor of Lagos State. What I deprecate is for the Igbo to
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Badebim(f): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
Sai Ambode shocked shocked cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Smooyis(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
hardbody:

You just defined balderdash.

I have them in my state and i never for once thought i was doing them a favour. Infact my house in the villa was completely tiled by a yoruba guy. I respect his hardwork and sincerety. I treat him as a human and a Nigerian. Are you guys this backward? If you think this way in Nigeria that we all own why would it be possible for me to buy land and build in Ghana? a project which is currently ongoing? Like i said, every bit of trash you mentioned out there was paid for. I plan on having yorubas as my tenants soon. Live with it, our relationship is symbiotic. I even date your girls and they are happy because the relationship is mutual. Grow up boy.

Let me add for good measure that as i type this i am drinking beer in a yoruba owned shop and i am paying. I am also buying beer for some of my guys here who are yoruba so what d heck?
Whao. You dont have to take all these comments wit seriousness. Many youths here are jusr having fun engaging in unproductive tribal yabbies. At the end we will meet in churches and workplaces and pretend as if nothing happened. I believe there are many under aged igbos and yorubas who derive so much fun in tribal discourse such as this just as we both do to Ghana and Cameroun in football.
Mutual respect and trust is all we need to build a Lagos of our pride.

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by hidee20(m): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Ask yourself: what are your governors doing with their state allocations? What has Nigerian millitants done with their amnesty money? Asari Dokubo uses his money to develop Benin (the country).

hello,think u have to read my post again.I just point out some observation although am in support of you on this.

*i see myself as a Nigeria before seeing myself as a yoruba boy*
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by graciandubuisi(f): 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=odeotito post=32615058][/quote]

Be sure I can't be threatened by your "longevity" stuff cos anything my siblings complain about over there be sure of reprisals down here. He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by SlyCharlie(m): 12:03am On Apr 12, 2015
Hit this link for lagos elections update REALTIME. https://mobile.twitter.com/TerfaTG ....with released results so far Ambode is in the lead!
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by SlyCharlie(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2015
BREAKING: SOMOLU LGA APC 19850 (57.43%) PDP 14509
(41.97%) #LagosDecides
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by SlyCharlie(m): 12:07am On Apr 12, 2015
BREAKING: SURULERE LGA APC 12041 (51.31%) PDP 11016
(46.94%) #LagosDecides
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by VANHELLSING: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2015
zoomzu:

Mark my words, we will show you we own lagos, our Obas have absolute authority over our affairs. That's our culture, jimichukwu will regret disrespecting our traditional institution
^^^
JK or anybody did not disrespect your traditional institution, rather ur Oba over stepped his boundary & hence attracted insult from his subjects.
And by the way, this iS 21century, ur Obas are not gods that can't be questioned or corrected when they go wrong, even are gods are tackled this days.
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by meshinoye(m): 1:42am On Apr 12, 2015
Let stop this madness! We are brothers. Nobody will perish in Lagoon. I dont pray for tribal war in Lagos.
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by gloriana(f): 2:58am On Apr 12, 2015
odeotito:
Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another! Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that impression
I hope we r all thinking straight here. Everyone has a right to vote for whoever he or she wishes to vote for. Weda d igbos voted for ambode or jimi, r they not both yorubas? Whoever d oba supports is his problem so y drag d igbos into it n turning d whole tin into an ethnic war. See, dis is politics n d oba's display is just one of their political tricks. They all av hidden agendas n they alone knws wat doz agendas r. Let's stop killing ourselves over notin because dey r all fightin for their selfish interest. Just go n tink of how to promote ur hustle is d only advice I can give. D change we seek in nigeria begins with loving ur neighbour not buhari, goodluck, ambode or jimi.
#loveurneighbour

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by gloriana(f): 3:24am On Apr 12, 2015
chrisbaba1:
[size=17pt]I don't mean to be tribalistic... But on a real I think its time Yoruba let igbos understand (non violently) that they are accommodated in lagos does not mean they own it... This is the sad transition igbos have gradually forged us to take because of the impunity of many towards the yorubas, our land (figuratively traditions, politics) and culture.... That welcoming accomodating host nonesense has to be re-evaluated to preserve our identity as they preserve theirs every where in the east....... If regards of our land nd culture won't be given then why remain so tolerant? [/size]
I don't understand y these yoruba children are crying blood o. That somebody begd d igbos for their votes, is it a crime? Dat d igbos voted for who dey like, is a crime? Afterall they were both beggin for pples vote. Moreover both candidate are yorubas. Let me ask u, if d igbos had voted for ambode, would it av made dem worth more than wat dey r worth? It just goes to show how shallow ur sense of reasonin is. An addage says, wat a child cannot see even if he climbs to d top of a tree, d old man sees it even while sittin. D igbos askd to b on their own so many years ago even b4 u were born, u pple refused cryin one nigeria yet u look for d slightest opportunity to kill ur next door neighbour. The change we seek in nigeria begins with loving ur neighbour. Forget jimi, forget ambode cos dey r all fightin for their self interest.
#luvurneighbour

2 Likes

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Shubbylee(m): 6:20am On Apr 12, 2015
akthedream:
do you resemble Alameisigha by any chance?...I am not even sure about the spelling cos I don't care about that...Igbo should settle the OSU thing before people start taking them seriously...how can you tell me one igbo part can not marry the other?...how can you tell me that a part of Igbo are OUTCAST?....that's is very bad ..this is year 2015...and you claim its a christain land...that is part of the reason you guys can't live together in your land...rather you scatter yourselves and disturb the peace of other peaceful tribes...giving the peaceful Edos bad names....

just so we're clear!! I'M NOT AN IGBO MAN....Kapish?
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by iykedare(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

Were Yorubas the one that called "Lagos no man's land'?

At first I was shocked and dismayed at the Oba's utterance. But Igbos used his utterance to insult the Yorubas, Yoruba culture and Yoruba traditional throne. They used this opportunity to get revenge for the loss of the presidential election.

The detribalised Yorubas are only becoming aware. When they wake up ehn.......

You are right on this one. The ibos should have just ignored the oba since he wasn't speaking on the behalf of most yorubas.

Ikekeh, you are not one of the detribalized yorubas, are you?

Being born of ibo father and Yoruba mother, will you guys still send me to the lagoon?

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Shubbylee:

just so we're clear!! I'M NOT AN IGBO MAN....Kapish?
its all about Igbo...not SS and SE ...hope you can comprehend that..
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
odeotito:
Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another! Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that impression

I was getting impressed by your comment until I got to the part where host community was mentioned. if they are been hosted by the Yoruba's' that means they are still guest and yet Nigerians. if we must fight tribalism, we must fight it to the core. Agbaje was not right in using "tribe" as a political propaganda neither is the Oba right in his comment. Two wrong can't amount to a right. Fight tribalism!!!! one Nigeria I stand

1 Like

Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Billyonaire:
I do not blame those Isiala Ngwa people, they are NOT cannibals, some of you guys in the SW, the way you open your mouths when you speak might have made them think you are from one sweet Orangutan specie. Do you resemble OBJ by any means ?
do you resemble Alameisigha by any chance?...I am
not even sure about the spelling cos I don't care
about that...Igbo should settle the OSU thing before
people start taking them seriously...how can you tell
me one igbo part can not marry the other?...how can
you tell me that a part of Igbo are OUTCAST?....that's
is very bad ..this is year 2015...and you claim its a
christain land...that is part of the reason you guys
can't live together in your land...rather you scatter
yourselves and disturb the peace of other peaceful
tribes...giving the peaceful Edos bad names....
Re: Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard by Shubbylee(m): 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Air-Conditioned Building Where ‘Prisoner’ AbdulRasheed Maina Lives / Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) / The Moment Ebelechukwu Obiano Called Bianca Ojukwu 'Ashawo' (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.