Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,650 members, 7,962,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1301134 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
UPDATE: Patty Jerkins has confirmed that she has WW3 and Amazon spin off already mapped out.

She is truly a hard working woman.

@pu7pl3, this logo reminds me of the 80's - 90's WWF logo. I guess they got the inspiration from WW back then. Lol

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
UPDATE: Zack synder is the executive producer of The Batman movie directed by Matt Reeves.

This to me is an indication that this movie is fully connected to the DCEU.

Well, let's watch as it unfolds
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
NeededGist:

Its a trailer chill for the movie first na
trailer wetin? Ok. Let me n0t hear johans0n use a russian accent in the actual film, that's when my own craziness will start, lol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
pu7pl3:

Dude klopp endorsed that picture smiley
lol. Zidane's own has nafdac cens0red number.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
UPDATE: Zack synder is the executive producer of The Batman movie directed by Matt Reeves.

it's the same thing with him being listed for aquaman and chris n0lan being listed in MOS and BvS. Probably becos of c0ntract n0t that he has any influence in it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
I say a very big thank you to Brazil for the successful CCXP event and making DC BoP and WW84 a memorable experience.

Special thanks to WB for being the first studio to do a live stream for viewers round the world for such event cool

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
I pray to see Nubia and Medusa in WW3

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
Minemrys:

it's the same thing with him being listed for aquaman and chris n0lan being listed in MOS and BvS. Probably becos of c0ntract n0t that he has any influence in it.
How can someone be an executive producer in a movie without having any influence on the movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
acekhalifa:

How can someone be an executive producer in a movie without having any influence on the movie?

An executive producer doesn't have any say or influence in the movie.

The position is more of an acknowledgement for his previous work in casting, building the universe (DCEU), and his previous films which the Batman movie will be connected to
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
UPDATE: Patty Jerkins has confirmed that she has WW3 and Amazon spin off already mapped out.

She is truly a hard working woman.

@pu7pl3, this logo reminds me of the 80's - 90's WWF logo. I guess they got the inspiration from WW back then. Lol

That's true...it's the same logo...and they are saying the score would also be dope with the 80's music vibes

I said it before,that Amazon movie will really slap and I think it's a way to kinda appeal to the she fans..but will it be cannon to DCEU too?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

The position is more of an acknowledgement for his previous work in casting, building the universe (DCEU), and his previous films which the Batman movie will be connected to

An executive producer doesn't have say in the technical aspects of filmmaking but he does oversee the the work of a producer on a movie. He(Zack Snyder) is more like a representative of WB to oversee the production of The Batman. I don't think WB will go as far as giving him the role of executive for just because his previous work in the dceu.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Atleast we can get snyderbots back on board for that one

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:08am On Dec 10, 2019
acekhalifa:

Did Ben Affleck have any influence on Justice League? Okay, what was Chris N0lan's influence on BvS? These are c0ntractual stuffs be that they c0ntribute or influence the film. They may just be credited just becos of one reas0n or the other. Snyder was listed as an exec in aquaman, but aquaman bore no snyder-ish influence. Thekingishere made menti0n of s0mething like this himself. How aquaman was so different fr0m any snyder visi0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:11am On Dec 10, 2019
pu7pl3:

Atleast we can get snyderbots back on board for that one
i d0n't remember said snyderbots fl0oding here after aquaman's release. Chin up, snyder is just being listed cos of c0ntract issues just as j0ss whed0n wasn't credited for directing Jl.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:16am On Dec 10, 2019
acekhalifa:

An executive producer doesn't have say in the technical aspects of filmmaking but he does oversee the the work of a producer on a movie. He(Zack Snyder) is more like a representative of WB to oversee the production of The Batman. I don't think WB will go as far as giving him the role of executive for just because his previous work in the dceu.
oga, i can assure u s0mething, snyder aint doing jack on the batman. Just as n0lan did n0thing on M0s or BvS. His name's only there cos of c0ntractual stuff. Maybe to include him in the pay cut if the film bec0mes a mega hit. WB ditched snyder remember? This is either a publicity m0ve or c0ntractual. The real exec are Reeves, Charles Roven and s0me other pers0n n0t snyder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:19am On Dec 10, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

and, it could be becos it's rather a c0ntractual agreement btw the studio and snyder prior to producti0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 7:03am On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

Did Ben Affleck have any influence on Justice League? Okay, what was Chris N0lan's influence on BvS? These are c0ntractual stuffs be that they c0ntribute or influence the film. They may just be credited just becos of one reas0n or the other. Snyder was listed as an exec in aquaman, but aquaman bore no snyder-ish influence. Thekingishere made menti0n of s0mething like this himself. How aquaman was so different fr0m any snyder visi0n.
What kinda influence are you talking about here?
If it's having control over the artistic and dramatic aspects of a movie, then it's outside the jurisdiction of an exec producer. It is the sole job of a director. That's why the director is always credited for a movie's success or failure.
The exec producer contribution to a movie is that he sees to the timely completion of a movie's production, ensures it stays within budget and it is line with the artistic and technical standards of the distribution company.
You can't just credit somebody with the role of an exec and make them do nothing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

oga, i can assure u s0mething, snyder aint doing jack on the batman. Just as n0lan did n0thing on M0s or BvS. His name's only there cos of c0ntractual stuff. Maybe to include him in the pay cut if the film bec0mes a mega hit. WB ditched snyder remember? This is either a publicity m0ve or c0ntractual. The real exec are Reeves, Charles Roven and s0me other pers0n n0t snyder.
Lmao. How tf can you tell that Nolan didn't do his job as an exec on BvS and MoS? what makes you so sure that he will do nothing and that Charles Roven and co. are the "real" execs and Snyder not one even when he is being given the same job as them?
WB sacked Snyder as a director. What's stopping them on assigning other roles to him? If he's on a contract with WB, then he's bound to the terms of the contract. A company won't hire you for a job and make you do nothing just because of your previous job with them which they sacked you or because of sentiments.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2019
acekhalifa:

What kinda influence are you talking about here?
If it's having control over the artistic and dramatic aspects of a movie, then it's outside the jurisdiction of an exec producer. It is the sole job of a director. That's why the director is always credited for a movie's success or failure.
The exec producer contribution to a movie is that he sees to the timely completion of a movie's production, ensures it stays within budget and it is line with the artistic and technical standards of the distribution company.
You can't just credit somebody with the role of an exec and make them do nothing.

and i boldly tell u, snyder is doing n0ne of this just as n0lan did n0thing on M0s or BvS. I just told u, the real execs are Matt Reeves and the studio link Charles Roven. Snyder being linked has n0thing to do with any of what u said. And mind u, Execs can dictate what gets cut or reshot in the film. They are literally the studio representatives and that of the director. Snyder's name is just listed, same way Joss Whed0n wasn't credited for directing Justice League. Bro, i did a course in the university regarding film producti0n. And trust me, snyder's inclusi0n has m0re to do with c0ntract.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2019
acekhalifa:

Lmao. How tf can you tell that Nolan didn't do his job as an exec on BvS and MoS? what makes you so sure that he will do nothing and that Charles Roven and co. are the "real" execs and Snyder not one even when he is being given the same job as them?
WB sacked Snyder as a director. What's stopping them on assigning other roles to him? If he's on a contract with WB, then he's bound to the terms of the contract. A company won't hire you for a job and make you do nothing just because of your previous job with them which they sacked you or because of sentiments.

google how many times chris n0lan visited the sets of MOS OR bvS. And mind u, during MOS, Nolan was busy with TDKR and during it's producti0n was gearing for an0ther m0vie Interstellar. And aquaman had snyder listd as an exec wasn't it? But Zack never visited the set. He didn't engage in pr0m0ti0n like exec producerz do in films. And neither did N0lan. But guess what, deborah snyder was captured on set for both films many times, she did pr0m0ti0ns for them. Bro, try understand film making, publicity and marketing. N0lan's name was added for publicity sake. Snyder's name also has s0mething to do with publicity and c0ntract cos prior to n0w, he's always been creditd as an Exec for films such as flash, SS, Aquaman, WW and Batman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

and i boldly tell u, snyder is doing n0ne of this just as n0lan did n0thing on M0s or BvS. I just told u, the real execs are Matt Reeves and the studio link Charles Roven. Snyder being linked has n0thing to do with any of what u said. And mind u, Execs can dictate what gets cut or reshot in the film. They are literally the studio representatives and that of the director. Snyder's name is just listed, same way Joss Whed0n wasn't credited for directing Justice League. Bro, i did a course in the university regarding film producti0n. And trust me, snyder's inclusi0n has m0re to do with c0ntract.
Minemrys:

At the bolded, making sure a movie stays in line with the artistic and technical standard with respect to what the studio wants already covers that.
I don hear you sha..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:
Hulk616, why is Natasha Romanoff using an American accent in her h0me town for godsake? Ha! Why? Just why? Even angelina jolie used a russian accent in salt when within her fellow russian sleeper agents.
i gave you the answer before.
you be bothered with steve being alive and potential presence of homosexuals in DC movies
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

google how many times chris n0lan visited the sets of MOS OR bvS. And mind u, during MOS, Nolan was busy with TDKR and during it's producti0n was gearing for an0ther m0vie Interstellar. And aquaman had snyder listd as an exec wasn't it? But Zack never visited the set. He didn't engage in pr0m0ti0n like exec producerz do in films. And neither did N0lan. But guess what, deborah snyder was captured on set for both films many times, she did pr0m0ti0ns for them. Bro, try understand film making, publicity and marketing. N0lan's name was added for publicity sake. Snyder's name also has s0mething to do with publicity and c0ntract cos prior to n0w, he's always been creditd as an Exec for films such as flash, SS, Aquaman, WW and Batman.

Copied from SCREENCRUSH SITE.

Though Christopher Nolan executive produced Batman vs. Superman, he didn’t have much involvement in the film and took a backseat after being highly active as a producer on Man of Steel. But the Dark Knight director did have some input on the newest Batman movie, including one of the film’s most crucial scenes.

MAJOR spoilers for Batman vs. Superman ahead

Batman vs. Superman director Zack Snyder spoke to Collider and revealed that as they were having conversations about whether or not to kill off Superman at the end of the film, it was actually Nolan himself who gave them the approval to go for it.

It was pretty early, and [Christopher] Nolan and I had long conversation about it, a really great, sort of philosophical conversation about it. He was really cool because he played an amazing devil’s advocate about why not to do it, and then in the end was like, ‘No you’re right, it’s better to do it.’

So, what was Snyder’s reasoning for killing off Superman that convinced Christopher Nolan to sign off on it?

One of the big things I wanted to make sure of was that as we went into Justice League, Bruce Wayne was the one who was gathering the Justice League. I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important. And with Superman around it’s kinda hard, because Superman’s Superman so it’s kinda hard for Bruce to be like, ‘Yeah I wanna put a Justice League together’. It’s like, ‘Okay, but maybe Superman should be doing that.

Snyder says an early version of the script instead had it where Superman was frozen and shot into space, which may have been a little bit too much Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. He also says that when he told the studio of his plans, they were initially reluctant, but that he told them he would subtitle the film Dawn of Justice to hint to people that Superman wasn’t going to stay dead for long.

It will be interesting to see, going forward, what involvement, if any, Christopher Nolan has with the future of the DC Cinematic Universe. Considering he’s about to begin filming on Dunkirk, while Snyder is filming Justice League, we’d guess not much involvement at all.

I DON'T THINK STUDIOS WILL PAY YOU FOR DOING NOTHING JUST LIKE THAT.

Read More: Christopher Nolan’s Contribution to ‘Batman vs. Superman’ | https://screencrush.com/zack-snyder-christopher-nolan-batman-vs-superman/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2019
SMUAG:

Copied from SCREENCRUSH SITE.

I DON'T THINK STUDIOS WILL PAY YOU FOR DOING NOTHING JUST LIKE THAT.

Read More: Christopher Nolan’s Contribution to ‘Batman vs. Superman’ | https://screencrush.com/zack-snyder-christopher-nolan-batman-vs-superman/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Thank you! How can someone be employed to do nothing? Just because Nolan and Snyder weren't captured on set doesn't mean they did nothing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2019
acekhalifa:

Thank you! How can someone be employed to do nothing? Just because Nolan and Snyder weren't captured on set doesn't mean they did nothing.

Synder is not employed as executive producer, rather he is mentioned/recognized/honoured as as executive producer because of his previous work in the DCEU and since The Batman will be tied to it and some of Snyder's previous work, he will be recognized as an executive producer.

That doesn't mean he has an input in the current movie. He will be paid as an executive producer because of his previous work. It is in his contract, and WB will have to honor that.

This is an article for Aquaman explaining what the executive producer is all about.

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-zack-snyder-producer-credit/amp/

In the same way comic book writers get credits when their characters are used, even if they didn't contribute to the script, the executive producer credit is often used to recognize a creative's contributions to a character in earlier films
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
hulk616:
i gave you the answer before.
you be bothered with steve being alive and potential presence of homosexuals in DC movies
lol, gam0ra says hi. And capt marvel's straight?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Synder is not employed as executive producer, rather he is mentioned/recognized/honoured as as executive producer because of his previous work in the DCEU and since The Batman will be tied to it and some of Snyder's previous work, he will be recognized as an executive producer.

That doesn't mean he has an input in the current movie. He will be paid as an executive producer because of his previous work. It is in his contract, and WB will have to honor that.

This is an article for Aquaman explaining what the executive producer is all about.

Stan Lee is a huge example
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

lol, gam0ra says hi. And capt marvel's straight?
yes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

i still d0n't kn0w why these guys are arguing this thing. Charles Roven is the actual exec in this. Snyder is there on c0ntract.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
pu7pl3:

Stan Lee is a huge example
grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
hulk616:
yes
keep watching. With the hairstyle they d0nned on her in endgame, it obvious the intenti0n is making her Bi or Gay.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Minemrys:

keep watching. With the hairstyle they d0nned on her in endgame, it obvious the intenti0n is making her Bi or Gay.
you are very wrong, that hairstyle is not gay angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.