Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,119 members, 7,936,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:16 PM

Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? (1169 Views)

Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2009
Distant relationships can be scary. Do you think it can be managed?
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by oleigh(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2009
Distance relationship does not really mater,it all about trust.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by 190: 5:23am On May 14, 2011
Absoutely Bull crap esp wen the lady in question thinks with her anus

the guy might need to adjust to the situation and if hes nigerian then he would waste no time adjusting undecided
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 5:25am On May 14, 2011
womp! womp! grin grin
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by 190: 5:27am On May 14, 2011
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 5:32am On May 14, 2011
They can be managed.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by 190: 5:36am On May 14, 2011
ogugua88:

They can be managed.

hmmm
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 5:54am On May 14, 2011
O gini? If you quote me, your response should be mind-stimulating and contributing. angry
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by 190: 5:55am On May 14, 2011
^cos im thinkin of how to fire u bak 2 wateva u sayundecided
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 5:59am On May 14, 2011
Take your time lol.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by quoxouq(m): 5:59am On May 14, 2011
truth be told without sentiments
- A man needs his comforter; a woman needs her soulmate. it's uncontrollable if you have to be away from one another for a while. However, if this goes on for an extended period of time then you MUST do all you can to either get together ASAP or you will drift apart (even if you communicate regularly).
We all know this, but some of us are more logical than others. others are emotional.

Been there, done that. Been hurt by one who meant all to me. At the same time I've hurt someone dear to me. Nobody's to blame. BLAME DISTANCE!! It messes a lot of things up.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 6:01am On May 14, 2011
quoxouq:

- A man needs his comforter; a woman needs her soulmate. it's uncontrollable if you have to be away from one another for a while. However, if this goes on for an extended period of time then you MUST do all you can to either get together ASAP or you will drift apart (even if you communicate regularly).
We all know this, but some of us are more logical than others. others are emotional.

Been there, done that. Been hurt by one who meant all to me. At the same time I've hurt someone dear to me. Nobody's to blame. BLAME DISTANCE!! It messes a lot of things up.

true words. cool cool
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by 190: 6:11am On May 14, 2011
quoxouq:

I'm a Logical Logical

esp wen the other party is quite un-reasonable and refused to heed simple warnings undecided
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by IcyIcy(f): 6:14am On May 14, 2011
Love has no price tags,  how to justify its worth? I asked myself the questions multiple times, why keep a distance relationship? Why not go for a local guy or someone of the same culture? I never had "special" likings for dark guys,  why I fall for a black guy 11,000km away? I can't find the answer too,  just followed my heart

Listen to your heart, if you feel the person out there somewhere is what you seek for in a life partner then work towards achieving a future together. Its not an easy love path but I would think when it does succeed, I am sure both will greatly treasure their togetherness. If both parties don't have the same goal, same feelings, understandings etc. even though in the same town relationships wouldn't work out too.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Nobody: 6:25am On May 14, 2011
^^interesting post. cool smiley
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by Tosinville(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2011
Distance relationship? It aint even worth a dime & never would i involve myself or advice someone to indulge in it, i get myself some another chickz straight up when my gf & her family relocate down to another town not to talk of doing online crapz of a thing.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by chamber2(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2011
what exactly do you people mean by distant relationship? For instance, i have been dating my woman for the past four years and left for my Postgrad last yr hoping to go back by February 2012.Is this long distance relationship in its right definition or are we not safe as people have said ? People here are saying long distant relationship don't work, can you please define in simple terms when a relationship is to be classified distant relationship.
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by aminalib(f): 1:05pm On May 14, 2011
I think it can work if you are realistic and willing to put in work, sooner or later someone will have to relocate .
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by GaussS: 10:32pm On May 14, 2011
Icy Icy:

Love has no price tags,  how to justify its worth? I asked myself the questions multiple times, why keep a distance relationship? Why not go for a local guy or someone of the same culture? I never had "special" likings for dark guys,  why I fall for a black guy 11,000km away? I can't find the answer too,  just followed my heart

Listen to your heart, if you feel the person out there somewhere is what you seek for in a life partner then work towards achieving a future together. Its not a easy love path but I would think when it does success, I am sure both will greatly treasure their togetherness. If both parties don't have the same goal, same feelings, understandings etc. even though in the same town relationships wouldn't work out too.
[color=#550000][/color]

true talk, smiley
Re: Distant Relationships; How Worthwhile Is It? by uglyBetty1(f): 11:15pm On May 14, 2011
Hmmm, distance relationship, it depends on how close you are with that person and how the kind of trust trhe two of you have for each other. A friend of mine was involved in one relationship before the guy in question relocated to UK to do his masters.They talked on phone for some time, at least once in a week, then it went into once in 2weeks, from there things changed and at times once in three weeks or so. It takes time, trust and money to keep the realtionship going.

The long and short of is that the guy came back for the dad's burial, only for my friend to realise that she was not the only girl in the guys life and the guy mite not even call her for like 2 to three days. Hmmm, long distance relationship na WHALA TO me, except if you people are married and one has to stay abroad for one reason or the other. It is not worth it

(1) (Reply)

Advise On Absconded Fiancee With Plenty Platonic Boyfriends / Is It Good To Marry Your Friend Formal Girlfriend / Who Is She? Lesbian? Opssss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.