Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,181 members, 7,936,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:45 PM

Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One (3939 Views)

Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by disumusa: 11:56am On Jun 03, 2015
OJUcrook:
Nigeria must divide in Jesus name.
Ibos must go back to iboland
we must actualise Biafra by fire by force
cut it with knife or cutlas
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Jorussia(m): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2015
If the igbos want to leave Nigeria, i urge them to go through the National Assembly and not disturb the fragile peace we are currently in d country. They should go through the same procedure of referendum, as Scotland did.If its Asari dokubo and some arm bearing criminals known as MASSOB, that want to drive d actualisation of Biafra,then Biafra will Nv become s reality.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by OJUcrook: 11:59am On Jun 03, 2015
disumusa:
cut it with knife or cutlas
shut up

ibos are going back to Biafra
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by ITbomb(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
lawflec:
I believe in on nigeria, We should rather make our fedralism stronger granting fiscal autonomy to the component units and on the altetnative when all odds have failed then We should have a confederation.
I sincerely share in your belief
But note that when our fathers decided to stay together, it arrangement was called Federation of Nigeria. It is the unwillingness of the few to return to that confederation status or grant fiscal autonomy that is fueling the call for disintegration as the last resort.
A true Igbo would prefer to stay in the Federation of Nigeria where he can move about the federating units doing his business without visa than the Federal Republic of Nigeria where the fate of millions are decided by strangers in a small cubicle in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Karleb(m): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
If seperation will give us peace then I'm all for it.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by dckelvin(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
lawflec:
bro resorting to blackmail, name calling and infact libel wont help. u should note that to be an igbo man is not a coercive password to pledge allegiance to another union while still enjoying the protection of a higher union.. Nigeria is an indivisible entity and since it was nt discussed at the confab makes it treasonable to pledge allegiance to Biafra... Man steer clear from name calling this a public forum
you just confirmed what i just said now.
you mustn't pledge ur allegiance to biafra.
however. .u are free to be a nigerian while stillbin republic of Biafra.
secondly It is only in ur mind that this Zoo and fraud called nigeria is not divisible.
it will sure divide peacefully or by war .
and instead of it not to divide.
we will have it burn to ashes.
mark my word.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by dckelvin(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
ITbomb:

I sincerely share in your belief
But note that when our fathers decided to stay together, it arrangement was called Federation of Nigeria. It is the unwillingness of the few to return to that confederation status or grant fiscal autonomy that is fueling the call for disintegration as the last resort.
A true Igbo would prefer to stay in the Federation of Nigeria where he can move about the federating units doing his business without visa than the Federal Republic of Nigeria where the fate of millions are decided by strangers in a small cubicle in Abuja
mr man. A true igbo man will never prefer to be in nigeria even if it will cost him moving about or investing outside.
so stop deceiving urself thinking you will convince us.
as far we are concern.
nothing! i repeat, nothing will change our mind.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by SOUPF: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
I want to live long enough to see the day people will put aside their differences and work hand in hand to achieve that state of acceptance of themselves and their surroundings,also known as PEACE. -- Nadia Kelifa quotes..
Why so much hatred in our heart?why cant we live peacefully?we attend our different places of worship,where love and PEACE is preached,we believe there's a supreme being who we are going to give account of our lives to,so why spend so much energy on hating?No tribe can survive alone,we are Nigerians and UNITED WE MUST STAND..
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by lawflec(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
dckelvin:

secondly It is only in ur mind that this Zoo and fraud called nigeria is not divisible.
mark my word.
the statement you just made is treasonable and remember the punishement is capital. death by firing squad. The only way to break according to international standard is through a referendum eg UK. Sudan. USSR.. Bro if nigeria divide u go suffer well ooo cos that small oil u dey luk out for in IMo nd Abia cant sustain us. ebonyi is too poor to contribute anything and SS will not join us without a stake Igbo's way get biz everywhere will have the greatest loss.. Like it happened at the end of the civil war

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by dckelvin(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
lawflec:
the statement you just made is treasonable and remember the punishement is capital. death by firing squad. The only way to break according to international standard is through a referendum eg UK. Sudan. USSR.. Bro if nigeria divide u go suffer well ooo cos that small oil u dey luk out for in IMo nd Abia cant sustain us. ebonyi is too poor to contribute anything and SS will not join us without a stake Igbo's way get biz everywhere will have the greatest loss.. Like it happened at the end of the civil war
referendum doesn't work in africa. go and read the history of those that hav got their independence by war and that is the only thing UN understand.
secondly.there is nothing to suffer if we seccede. and we dont need SS to succeed. we have been doi.ng gr8 without the present off FG.
third i'm from Ebonyi state and we ar not only good in Agrculture but we have Untouched OIL.
and there is nothing like treason.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by zendy: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Jorussia:
If the igbos want to leave Nigeria, i urge them to go through the National Assembly and not disturb the fragile peace we are currently in d country. They should go through the same procedure of referendum, as Scotland did.If its Asari dokubo and some arm bearing criminals known as MASSOB, that want to drive d actualisation of Biafra,then Biafra will Nv become s reality.

What Scotland did is not possible in Nigeria because we do not operate a regional system of Governent like Britain. If the Igbos try to seek a referendum through the National Assembly, the North and Yorubas will vote against it. A UN superviced referendum is the option. The clause in the amalgamation document purportedly says that after 100 years, anyone who wants to go can go. The implication is that as at 1st of January this year, Nigeria became a fraud. If I had the power to divide Nigeria this very day, I would.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Jorussia(m): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
zendy:

What Scotland did is not possible in Nigeria because we do not operate a regional system of Governent like Britain. If the Igbos try to seek a referendum through the National Assembly, the North and Yorubas will vote against it. A UN superviced referendum is the option. The clause in the amalgamation document purportedly says that after 100 years, anyone who wants to go can go. The implication is that as at 1st of January this year, Nigeria became a fraud. If I had the power to divide Nigeria this very day, I would.
Then they should approach UN for a referendum, and stop threatening the nation.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
Imortal001:
I think the better people that can answer this your question are the people that fought the war. inshort go and resurrect the dead of the biafran war and ask them, they will give you a better answer to your question., and ignore all this guys claiming biafra, becos i knw they will comment rubbish.
And what you posted is not rubbish abi? Stup!d lad!! back to the topic, all I want is B I A F R A ! ! !

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Duru1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
lawflec:
I don't know y somepeople wallow in ignorance especially those shouting that nigeria is in a forced marriage. Now, the three regions had the opportunity to divide but our fathers chose to stay. Remember that the eastern region was granted self independence in 1957 nd North 1959. I am an igbo from udi, nd i don't believe in this biafra. I believe in on nigeria, We should rather make our fedralism stronger granting fiscal autonomy to the component units and on the altetnative when all odds have failed then We should have a confederation.

I guess you wallowed in more ignorance than those you accused. There are differences between limited self rule and independence. You seemed to be a dumbass Igbo. Why granting fiscal autonomy when independence will serve better than the goofy autonomy? You simply cannot have federalism in an estate where there is no dominate culture.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Duru1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
Jorussia:

Did the so-called national assembly create the freaking Nigeria? Nigeria is a British contraption and remains to be disintegrated by peaceful means or otherwise. Do not say never to a thing you do not have the control. If Nigeria does not breakup peacefully than there is a room for instantaneously end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Imortal001: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
ekenedegreat:
And what you posted is not rubbish abi? Stup!d lad!! back to the topic, all I want is B I A F R A ! ! !
I knw people like you, only knockout sound fit fent you and you want biafra. action speak louder than typing sheet
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Imortal001:

I knw people like you, only knockout sound fit fent you and you want biafra. action speak louder than typing sheet
must there be a knockout in the quest for freedom?
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by mayorchelsea(m): 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
dckelvin:

mark my word.
To everyone wishing for war in Nigeria to disturb the peace being enjoyed right now,may such never live long before such threat is carried out.What makes you different from radical islamists or ISIS?On Sunday now, you'll likely dress for church, woe unto the people that brought you into this world
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by wirinet(m): 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
MamuzoADUMS:
OPINION POLLS:
With the amalgamation of Nigeria done by Lord
Lugard in 1914 already expired in 2014, pressure
have increased for d separation of Nigeria. The
Ijaws have found a new alliance in Biafra to ensure
that One Nigeria comes to an end and the Sovereign
State of Biafra be formed. The U.N already have
invited d Biafra for the next meeting holding this
month meaning Biafra "the land of the rising sun"
are actually making progress in d quest for their
own nation. Now the question is, would u want
Nigeria to still be one or Nigeria being separated?
You contributions needed please.

The day Nigeria expires, we should all break into individual tribes. That was how the British found us. It was the British that forced different tribes into political units. The British signed individual treaties with individual ethnic groups, so the talk of breaking into Biafra or lower Niger is Hogwash. If each individual tribe want to sign treaties with each other forming bigger polititical units, that would be thier perogative.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by blaqoracle: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
lawflec:
I don't know y somepeople wallow in ignorance especially those shouting that nigeria is in a forced marriage. Now, the three regions had the opportunity to divide but our fathers chose to stay. Remember that the eastern region was granted self independence in 1957 nd North 1959. I am an igbo from udi, nd i don't believe in this biafra. I believe in on nigeria, We should rather make our fedralism stronger granting fiscal autonomy to the component units and on the altetnative when all odds have failed then We should have a confederation.
dont bother yourself to explain. biafra died in 1970 and was buried with ojukwu in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Eshinwaju: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
I just want d Igbos to go.....that's all....... cheesy
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Eshinwaju: 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Tydies:
We want Biafra but that fool who calls himself Nnamdi Kanu is not doing it the right way. You don't active anything positive with hate speech.

I like him...let him kontinu....you will soon have ur Biafra...n live happily ever after...you hear.... cheesy
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by lawflec(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Duru1:

I guess you wallowed in more ignorance than those you accused. There are differences between limited self rule and independence. You seemed to be a dumbass Igbo. Why granting fiscal autonomy when independence will serve better than the goofy autonomy? You simply cannot have federalism in an estate where there is no dominate culture.
lol...... Bro u better read your history again.. Wat is the difference btw independence and self rule.. Y do u think that the great Zik of africa refused to support biafra. Nzeogwu was only moved by pity and unwillingly joined the strugggle and got killed.. If Zik Awo and Balewa wanted a disunited nigeria they would have toed the steps of south cameroun that elected to leave.. The spirit of Zik and the ambushed Nzeogwu will never forgive u all If nigeria divides
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by lawflec(m): 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
U can have it bro.. America has no dominant culture neither is Canada Australia and many African countries yet they have a good federalism. Nigeria has only one problem... Leadership and not cultural diversity
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
Clown!!!
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2015
lawflec:

We don't need u to believe in or support Biafra. Wen this nation splits, u can still enter bus n go back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 04, 2015
lawflec:
U can have it bro.. America has no dominant culture neither is Canada Australia and many African countries yet they have a good federalism. Nigeria has only one problem... Leadership and not cultural diversity

u don't see the northerners killing igbos @ will as a problem
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by ozoebuka1(m): 12:34am On Jun 04, 2015
people should read history... we are religious pipo and what's then stopping us from reading Israel's captivity for crying out loud...!!! even some of the Israelis were against the intentions of the Israelis but God didn't spare them when d time came... Exodus.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by bukster(f): 3:29am On Jun 04, 2015
I prefer to stay as one Nation.
We're stronger as one. We have a bigger and more diverse economy, bigger army and greater political influence. If we were to split to smaller countries, it would be easier for foreign countries like China and the USA to control us through neocolonism.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Imortal001: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
ekenedegreat:
must there be a knockout in the quest for freedom?
Make move and stop disturbing people online.
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by vega84(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
This one na country. Abegi separation! #vegatalks
Re: Opinion Polls. Do You Want Nigeria To Separate Or Remain One by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
i dey go biafra charlie kai charlie ,

kai charlie na go i dey go ooo .to biafra land .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Niger Delta Voice Of Peace Begins Transmission From New york / Full Round Moon Having BIAFRA Colours Appeared Round The Sun / Nigerians Displaced From Igboland Are Welcome In Swest Nigeria - Yoruba Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.