Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,231 members, 7,936,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:20 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551124 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by MrIndomie(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2009
wems002:

we are here, whats the update who is going to the embassy for the spring semester,
Wems002 moi grin very soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by curioz: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2009
pls who has applied for masters before and how did it go.pls response are welcome from everyone
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by petee: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
I need some help please.

I have been in the US for nearly 2 years on the J-1 visa. I was privileged enough to receive a sponsorship here and I changed my status successfully to an F-1. I am in college and will be starting very next week.

The problem is in the fact that I have not seen my family in all this time and having them come over is not the same as my going home. The question I have is what are my chances of getting the student visa when I go back to my home country to visit and apply for it? I will have all the necessary documents, my tuition has been paid in full for the year. I have a number of affairs I need to take care of back home too.

I'd appreciate any help guys. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
petee:

I need some help please.

I have been in the US for nearly 2 years on the J-1 visa. I was privileged enough to receive a sponsorship here and I changed my status successfully to an F-1. I am in college and will be starting very next week.

The problem is in the fact that I have not seen my family in all this time and having them come over is not the same as my going home. The question I have is what are my chances of getting the student visa when I go back to my home country to visit and apply for it? I will have all the necessary documents, my tuition has been paid in full for the year. I have a number of affairs I need to take care of back home too.

I'd appreciate any help guys. Thanks
B4 an answer can be given, we need d following infos,
1)for how long is ur visa valid?
2)on wat condition were u granted an F1 visa?
If ur visa is still valid ,i dnt think u need to apply frm ur home country if per adventure u go home.Or perhaps I dont understand u clearly
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by petee: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
1) My visa has expired, my status in the country is still legal. I can be in the country as long as I am enrolled in school full time, which I am.

2) There were no conditions to my change in status from the J-1 to the F-1 except that I must complete a minimum of 12 credits per semester.

You do not get a visa when you change your status - your legal status in the country changes. You can not be issued a visa unless you are outside of the country. I just want to know if my chances of getting the actual visa are good if I go home and apply for it there.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
petee:

1) My visa has expired, my status in the country is still legal. I can be in the country as long as I am enrolled in school full time, which I am.

2) There were no conditions to my change in status from the J-1 to the F-1 except that I must complete a minimum of 12 credits per semester.

You do not get a visa when you change your status - your legal status in the country changes. You can not be issued a visa unless you are outside of the country. I just want to know if my chances of getting the actual visa are good if I go home and apply for it there.

What happened to the foreign residence requirement for J-1 visas. Has it been cancelled? Or is it for M-1? I can't really remember.
I know there used to be a clause that you had to go back to your country for a year or 2 before you can be allowed to change status.
Anyway, lets assume it doesn't apply in your case.

To be frank with you, it's a 50:50 chance. Consulars usually frown at people who go for certain things and then change their status.
Make sure there is a concrete reason for the course you have chosen to study and then appear for the interview. You will have a good chance if you also have good evidence to show that you will return upon completion of your studies. i.e do you own companies, land and stuff like that in naija that will make you return.
You know you've already betrayed their trust by changing stauts instead of returning home.
My advise, stay in the U.S and finish your course juh. You've been seeing your family ur entire life. t
There is nothing to miss about naija. I know cos i'm beginning to regret moving back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotayo01: 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
@petee, go to canada and renew your visa. i have 2 brothers and 4 friends there, they renew their visas before coming home
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotayo01: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
i help in geting admissions to universities in the united states without toefl or sat. that is what was how i got admission for my brothers and friends studying in the united states today. you can confirm from necthacker he knows that too.

@nethacker hi its me Tony in abuja. How far, hope you getting the answers to the questions? hope you making the answers stay and be in you.

Room, let me know if anyone is intersted in studying in the usa without toefl or sat, the spring semester admission is now on.

holla me if you interested on 0-7-0-2-9--2-9-7-9-6-9
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
omotayo01:

@petee, go to canada and renew your visa. i have 2 brothers and 4 friends there, they renew their visas before coming home

Don't give advise that will Bleep him/her up. He is not renewing an F-1 visa. His status is F-1 in the states but he left Naija with a J-1 visa. He will have to apply as a new F-1 visa applicant with an i-94 in the U.s.
I know of people who were denied renewals in Mexico and Canada. If that happens, you can't go back to the states, you'll have to go back to naija.

omotayo01:

i help in geting admissions to universities in the united states without toefl or sat. that is what was how i got admission for my brothers and friends studying in the united states today. you can confirm from necthacker he knows that too.

@nethacker hi its me Tony in abuja. How far, hope you getting the answers to the questions? hope you making the answers stay and be in you.

Room, let me know if anyone is intersted in studying in the usa without toefl or sat, the spring semester admission is now on.

holla me if you interested on 0-7-0-2-9--2-9-7-9-6-9

Why do they need to contact you. If you finished secondary school, you should be able to use the best tool on the internet www.google.com
Better yet, go to www.petersons.com to check for all the schools in the U.S and their requirements.
You don't need nobody trying to get money from you. OKAY
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by petee: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2009
Thank you everyone.

A-town, I appreciate your advice. I do have assets that require me to return home after I complete my studies. The rule you are speaking about is 212 (E). The two year rule does not apply to me - this is stated on the visa. I feel I have a good chance of getting issued the visa - I have never been denied a single visa and have had a number of visas to the US before and have always obeyed their rules.

Omotayo01 - Plenty of people have said I should do that, but if I were a consular, I would be reluctant on issuing a visa in a third country (a country other than your home country).

Being in the US is not at all more important than my spending time with my family. My college counselor is helping me put a package together, my sponsor and I are set. I will get it. Thank you. Btw, I am from SA guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2009
petee:

Thank you everyone.

A-town, I appreciate your advice. I do have assets that require me to return home after I complete my studies. The rule you are speaking about is 212 (E). The two year rule does not apply to me - this is stated on the visa. I feel I have a good chance of getting issued the visa - I have never been denied a single visa and have had a number of visas to the US before and have always obeyed their rules.

Omotayo01 - Plenty of people have said I should do that, but if I were a consular, I would be reluctant on issuing a visa in a third country (a country other than your home country).

Being in the US is not at all more important than my spending time with my family. My college counselor is helping me put a package together, my sponsor and I are set. I will get it. Thank you. Btw, I am from SA guys.

Okay, you should have indicated you were South African from the get go. What are you still waiting for.!!!!Book that flight home already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
While the visas are also stringent in SA for SAns it's definitely not as bad as Naija. You're good to go.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2009
arrived in chicago yst, will be doing my transfer asap, thanks everyone, remember dreamz come tru,

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by curioz: 11:22am On Sep 01, 2009
@dreamz701 how was your visa interview pls share
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
curioz:

@dreamz701 how was your visa interview pls share
Goto previous post on this section to see interview tips examples.
dreamz701:

arrived in chicago yst, will be doing my transfer asap, thanks everyone, remember dreamz come tru,
How yanky dey treat u.i knw say u no go get d time to dey come NL again embarassed pele grin congrats bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by MOM1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Dreamz701, Yankee dreamzzzzz for real bro!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
hi peeps
still watch this thread regularly.
great contributions.
just wanna wish guys/gurls luck
expecting u peeps soonest
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
peeps for the 2010 spring semester,where art thou? grin how far hv u gone regarding I-20 issuance?lets hear it here wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cesc4(m): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2009
hi fellow nlanders,
am also plannin 4 spring 2010 and and i av applied to 4 schls already hopin to get admission.in fact i av gotten admssion in a schl but hopin to get a beta one all in us though
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotayo01: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2009
A-TOWN, i guess u need to understand or do i say grow? i am not forcing anyone. You have got to understand the fact that there are people that wants things to be done for them. If you dont fall into that category, i guess u just relax.

Of course anyone can go online there and get it. But not all know how to communicate nd gather the requirements.

What i do is just to get the o level of candidates, all they do is to seat back and just wait for their admission and I-20 get to them by me,

this is gotten from very good schools.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
Nethaker if u get to read this please we need to talk on some issues ASAP.U can cal me on 08068093540 or my email add oyewolejose@yahoo.com.
U can also drop ur email add here.i try 2 check ur email add on ur profile but is hidden.pls it is urgent and important.plsssssssssssssssss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yankeeboys: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
Hello Uche M ,
please give me the contact detail of the man in cotonu so that i can call him and pay pay SEVIS FEES.
YOU CAN mail me with bodmasade@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
omotayo01:

A-TOWN, i guess u need to understand or do i say grow? i am not forcing anyone. You have got to understand the fact that there are people that wants things to be done for them. If you dont fall into that category, i guess u just relax.

Of course anyone can go online there and get it. But not all know how to communicate nd gather the requirements.

What i do is just to get the o level of candidates, all they do is to seat back and just wait for their admission and I-20 get to them by me,

this is gotten from very good schools.

Anyone that does not know how to communicate and gather requirements has no business applying to study in the U.S in the first place
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 1:01am On Sep 09, 2009
pls do u guys know of any school in the US that accept WAEC without SAT,TOEFL et al.pls i need one urgently i want to apply for Spring 2010.
I dont have time abeg.
u can reach me on 08068093540 or oyewolejose@yahoo.com.Nethacker,A=tOWN and others pls help.i tried google but it was shit
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

pls do u guys know of any school in the US that accept WAEC without SAT,TOEFL et al.pls i need one urgently i want to apply for Spring 2010.
I dont have time abeg.
u can reach me on 08068093540 or oyewolejose@yahoo.com.Nethacker,A=tOWN and others pls help.i  tried google but it was shit

Stop being a Lazy puss. Go to www.petersons.com and do the research yourself. If you cant do research to get schools, i doubt you have genuine intentions. You just want to leave naija for any school in the US. This kind of desperation will show in your application to the embassy and may result in a refusal. Im sure you went to secondary school, right? Do the damn research and stop being lazy. You want people to help you choose a school for you.  angry If you have time to come to nairaland.com, you should have time to research
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

I dont have time abeg.
u can reach me on 08068093540 or oyewolejose@yahoo.com.Nethacker,A=tOWN and others pls help.i  tried google but it was shit

@mr. oyewole, the answer to your question is NO, WE DO NOT KNOW of any school in the US that accepts WAEC without SAT,TOEFL et al 
shikena
grin cheesy grin
but seriously, don't let yourself get confused  by mr. omotayo01. I stand to be corrected but there is no such thing as US admission without some form of standardized exams atleast TOEFL.

if you have the time to post on nairaland, u ll definitely have the time to check petersons as A-town suggested.
cool

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cesc4(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
there are enough unis dat i knw in us that admit people with waec only without sat and toefl.4 ur info they are good schools though
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cesc4(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2009
some us schl do exempt nigerians from toefl and tell you sat is optional ok.some also say b3 in waec can satisfy ur english proficiency while some also can give you admission without toefl and wen u get admission u will write english placemet test in the school.finish
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
cesc4:

there are enough unis dat i knw in us that admit people with waec only without sat and toefl.4 your info they are good schools though

@cesc4
I believe this thread is meant to share ideas
Can you please mention some of these universities you know so that we may all benefit, u never can tell, maybe that's just what somebody has been waiting for
cheesy wink  undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cesc4(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2009
wichita state uni,cleveland state uni(ohio) etc let me share a story with you my friend went to yankee on visitation den wen he got there he visitd a schl and went to their admissions office to ask for admission requirement and ask the officer if he needed toefl den the officer told him dat as long as he has a credit or distinction in waec he will be exempted for toefl and dat sat is optional(4 scholarship purpose) den the officer told him since he was able to communicate with him he wont av any problem listenin to lectures in class also dat toefl is usually requested in order to confirm dat an intl student can communicate well in english even though in the schl web they said toefl is compulsory for intl student, i will also share my own personal experience withchu shortly.thank(may u all av fun @gongo aso et all nlanders)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.