Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,505 members, 7,961,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

Man Sentenced To 8 Years Jail Term For Breaking Baby Daughter's Limb - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To 8 Years Jail Term For Breaking Baby Daughter's Limb (510 Views)

South African Thief Half-Buried For Breaking Into A House (Photos) / Nigerian Footballer Francis Oderah Sentenced To 8 Yrs In Prison For Drug Traffic / Banker Sentenced To 39-Year Jail Term For Stealing N33m From A Dead Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To 8 Years Jail Term For Breaking Baby Daughter's Limb by Jayclinics(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Man sentenced to jail
A Connecticut man convicted of breaking his 4-month-old daughter's arms, legs and ribs was sentenced to eight years in prison on Wednesday June 24th, and ordered to take anger management classes and undergo a complete mental evaluation."You are either evil and a monster or very, very ill,” the trial judge Maria Kahn told the man, Morice Wilkerson, 26, during a hearing in Superior Court in Bridgeport. Wilkerson broke down in tears as he was removed from the courtroom, and relatives also wailed and sobbed.

Wilkerson was convicted last month of third degree assault & risk of injury to a minor, after bringing the infant to a hospital in 2012 with all four limbs and two ribs broken.

He and his wife, Stephanie Kearney, had attempted to explain their daughter's multiple injuries by saying they were the results of various accidents, like rolling over while asleep, and genetic fragility.
Kearney, 25, was found not guilty of any crimes.

Before he was sentenced, Wilkerson pleaded with the judge for leniency, saying "I love my family and I would never do anything to hurt them."

Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Margaret Kelley urged a significant sentence, arguing the girl's injuries could cause a crooked leg and stunted growth.

"This is one of the most troubling cases the state has ever prosecuted because of the severity of the injuries to such a young child," Kelley told the judge.

The judge sentenced Wilkerson to 10 years, with two years suspended.

The girl is now in the custody of the Department of Children and Families and will be adopted.

http://www.mixtgist.com/2015/06/man-sentenced-to-8-years-jail-term-for.html
Re: Man Sentenced To 8 Years Jail Term For Breaking Baby Daughter's Limb by jumper524(m): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
I feel for the girl
Re: Man Sentenced To 8 Years Jail Term For Breaking Baby Daughter's Limb by oloriooko(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
I think the man must be an evil monster

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Cameroon Depots 450 Nigerians / Radio Presenter Shot To Death While On Air / The Outbreak Of World War Three By Terrorists' Is Near - Iranian Official Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.