Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,176 members, 7,960,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu (793 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / Buhari And Saraki Still Not On Speaking Terms Despite Praying Together -thecable / I Know For A Fact That Saraki Worships Tinubu — Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by aproko247: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Celebrated media mogul, Dele Momodu, in a recent interview, explained why he threw his weight behind the senate presidency of former Kwara State governor, Bukola Saraki, who is now a Senator, against the wish of the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu. Excerpt;

Your thoughts about President Muhammadu Buhari seems to have changed compared to before he assumed office, why I am surprised at your comment because I have never changed. I am the biggest supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari today. All I have done is to tell the president what people are saying outside, that is my job.

We don’t tell our leaders the truth. I told former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, the truth throughout his tenure. This is detailed in my forthcoming book, titled, ‘Pendulum, a book of prophesy’. Everything I told President Jonathan happened. I owe that to our president too today. Once you become the president in Nigeria, people stop telling you the truth. They only tell you what you want to hear. I am a stakeholder in this government.

I wonder what would have happened to me if the PDP had returned to power. I was already under constant threat. I received threat messages. I had to name all the numbers anonymous because they were all attacking me for supporting Buhari. I didn’t support the president because I wanted anything from him. I supported him because I believed at this time of our lives, we need a father-figure, what I called the Mandela- option in Nigeria. And I thought Buhari, as a man of integrity, of impeccable character, fits that bill.

But, three months after the election, Nigerians are getting impatient because most of them cannot wait for even one second. I was the first to write an article titled, ’In Search Of Patience’, telling the people to exercise patience with the man. But being patient does not mean we should fold our arms indefinitely. There are things that can still be done.

I found a proverb somewhere which says ‘the meat of antelope tastes very good, but while it is cooking, we can still make do with groundnut’. While we are waiting for that big action, some things must keep us going, whether popcorn, ice cream or something. If the National Assembly, within some minutes, approved about 15 Special Advisers; so, what is stopping us from picking our National Security Adviser, if we have to change the one there now.

How about the Chief of Staff, the Principal Secretary, the Secretary to the Federal Government? The longer it takes, the longer the tension, and also the longer the pressure on Mr President. I want the president to know that if they begin to put pressure on him, things may begin to fall apart. Had it been some things are already in place, I am sure the tension would have reduced.

Read concluding part of the interview here: www.aproko247.com/2015/07/15/saraki-still-worships-tinubu-dele-momodu/
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by omowolewa: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2015
Tinubu be God?!
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by Ridwanna(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Iffa hear
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by ramdris(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2015
That's none of my business.
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by maverickdude(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2015
irunmole to n mu weedgrin

he b demi-god
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by oluwafemi113(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay
Re: Saraki Still Worships Tinubu—dele Momodu by sammyj: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2015
Saraki will always be Saraki. !!!!

(1) (Reply)

Video- Plane Lands On Highway Filled With Cars In America!! / Petition: Senate Mulls Suspension Of Marafa, Hunkuyi, 4 Others / Enugu State Approves Paternity Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.