Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,637 members, 7,962,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" (1466 Views)

Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others / Oprah Winfrey Has 3 Months To Live Due To Cancer Infection? / Oprah Winfrey Has 12 Weeks To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by sexyLeamon(f): 4:53am On Mar 10, 2009
Related News
Articles
Pros urge Chris to sing sorry song
Rihanna and Chris Brown book, tour rumors untrue - sources
Rihanna torn in two on testifying
Brown is formally charged, but starlet might not sing
Report: Attacks on Rihanna were increasingly violent
Oprah Winfrey has a message for pop princess Rihanna, who prosecutors say was beaten to a pulp last month by boyfriend Chris Brown: "He will hit you again."

Former Manhattan sex-crimes prosecutor Linda Fairstein's warning is starker: He also could kill you.

Fairstein compared the fist-happy crooner to O.J. Simpson, who repeatedly beat his wife without consequence before she was slain in 1994.

Rihanna's reported reconciliation with Brown after her Feb. 8 pummeling sparked an outpouring of debate, controversy and motherly advice.

"Love doesn't hurt," Winfrey said on her show Friday, while announcing she will dedicate a program this week to discussing domestic violence.

"I want to do a show about it, dedicated to all the Rihannas of the world."

Speaking directly into the camera, Winfrey said, "If a man hits you once, he will hit you again. He will hit you again."

Sex crimes expert Fairstein warned Rihanna - as 21-year-old Barbadian singer Robyn Rihanna Fenty is known - that she risks not just another bloodying, but her very life.

"Many of the circumstances in her case were like the early warning signs in the O.J. Simpson case," Fairstein said.

She pointed to several "red flags" that suggest Rihanna could be in the same danger as Nicole Brown Simpson was 15 years ago, getting hit repeatedly but not pressing charges and then reconciling with the former running back.

The allegation that Chris Brown choked Rihanna while saying "Now I'm really going to kill you" is a particularly bad sign, Fairstein said.

"Choking behavior is a very interesting factor. It's hands on, face-to-face. It's a very intimate type of violence," she said.

New police techniques that assess an offender's potential lethality based on a list of warning factors should be used in this case, Fairstein said.

The Daily News reported this weekend that Rihanna is torn about whether to testify against Brown next month.

According to a police affidavit, the couple began squabbling after Rihanna found a text message from one of Brown's ex-girlfriends on his cell phone as they were driving through Hollywood.

Brown then allegedly punched her repeatedly, tried to push her out of the car, bashed her head against the window, bit her ear and fingers, and choked her until she nearly passed out.

Brown, 19, entered no plea last week to two felony charges of assault and making criminal threats. He is out on $50,000 bail and returns to court April 6; his celebrity lawyer, Mark Geragos, is reportedly trying to work out a plea deal.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 10, 2009
who cares? Is Oprah herself a paragorn of marital virtue?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Sissy3(f): 7:29am On Mar 10, 2009
davidylan:

who cares? Is Oprah herself a paragorn of marital virtue?

lol she is not just dat many pple listen to her when she speaks esp. women

@ topic

only Rhianna can decide wot she want eventually , oprah n co should just zip their mouth, she has already disappointed many folks by going back 2 chris so she might as well live her life undecided
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by chiogo(f): 9:44pm On Mar 10, 2009
Last time I checked, Rihanna and chris brown are not 'married'. So, what do you mean by is Oprah a paragon of marital value? At least she's smart enough to know that it's better to not be in a relationship than be in an abusive one.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tope2000(f): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2009
chiogo:

Last time I checked, Rihanna and chris brown are not 'married'. So, what do you mean by is Oprah a paragon of marital value? At least she's smart enough to know that it's better to not be in a relationship than be in an abusive one.

excatly. . . . and by God he will hit her again
im sure that wasnt the first time undecided
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by MrCrackles(m): 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2009
tope2000:

excatly. . . . and by God he will hit her again
im sure that wasnt the first time undecided

The first time was at your house, in London! tongue
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tope2000(f): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

The first time was at your house, in London! tongue

nope it was in urs in oxford. . . remember u told me tongue
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by osisi2(f): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2009
Any woman  (especially an unmarried one) that goes back to a man that hits her is a fool

I qualified it because there are married women who stay because of the kids or because they have no financial support (sad)
But here is a young women who probably makes my annual salary in a 48 hours
why on earth would she stay with this loser who beat her to a pulp ?
Stupid girl
Tells you what kind of family upbringing she had
what a pity!
she and her useless umbrella ella ella eh eh eh
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Hauwa1: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
chiogo and tope2000, i was abt to ask too. Oprah is right, sometime women allow some men to mess them up because of love. oh yeah love indeed.

glad Oprah plan to do a show abt the Robyns out there. she has every right to help talk sense into Robyn and other battered but stay with him women.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Skywalker5(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2009
Wetin b una own self?
Is Rihanna Complaining?
Let this people be .
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tope2000(f): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2009
**osisi:

Any woman  (especially an unmarried one) that goes back to a man that hits her is a fool

I qualified it because there are married women who stay because of the kids or because they have no financial support (sad)
But here is a young women who probably makes my annual salary in a 48 hours
why on earth would she stay with this loser who beat her to a pulp ?
Stupid girl
Tells you what kind of family upbringing she had

what a pity!
she and her useless umbrella

i wonder
lmao . . . .@ useless umbrella ella ella eh eh grin cheesy

*Hauwa*:

chiogo and tope2000, i was abt to ask too. Oprah is right, sometime women allow some men to mess them up because of love. oh yeah love indeed.
glad Oprah plan to do a show abt the Robyns out there. she has every right to help talk sense into Robyn and other battered but stay with him women.

gbam wink
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Hauwa1: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2009
na our own because na man dey beat a girl like us shocked
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by osisi2(f): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
I asked my daughter to delete all her songs from her Ipod.
thankfully she was already thinking about that.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Hauwa1: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
lol osisi the umbrella didn't protect her against the rain of slap and punch from the boy. he even went as far as biting her. such a bulldog
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Skywalker5(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
**osisi:

Haba

E reach that 1?

Wahala wa oooooooooooo
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tope2000(f): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2009
**osisi:

Oh lawd
I deleted all chris brown songs on mine too grin
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by MrCrackles(m): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2009
tope2000:

Oh lawd
I deleted all chris brown songs on mine too grin

Tope na lie! cheesy
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by osisi2(f): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2009
*Hauwa*:

lol osisi the umbrella didn't protect her against the rain of slap and punch from the boy. he even went as far as biting her. such a bulldog

Imagine?
I can understand someone making you so mad that you slap them but repeated punches,banging her head on things,choking her then biting her
the man is useless
see as im yellow like paw paw
that one na man?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tope2000(f): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Tope na lie! cheesy

lol. . . wetin? the boy dey disgut me jare sad
cant stand his voice in my ears
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by chiogo(f): 12:05am On Mar 11, 2009
Haha y'all are crazy. I skip their songs when listening to my ipod now, don't have the time to delete 'em yet. cheesy
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by tpia: 12:39am On Mar 11, 2009
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by sexyLeamon(f): 5:16am On Mar 11, 2009
**osisi:

is that so? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by uzwu: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
Rihanna is such a dumb head. I used t admire her but now i detest her more than a plague. Can't she get a better guy. The chris Brown self is not fine not to talk of cute. He is fair for ?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by spikedcylinder: 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2009
Before this whole brouhaha, what was there to admire in Rihanna?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Before this whole brouhaha, what was there to admire in Rihanna?

no such thing as bad publicity in showbiz. . .
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by simmy(m): 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
Oprah should shut the fu-ck up. If all we've heard about chris and rihanna is true then it just proves that most women will stay with a man she thinks she loves no matter what he does
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by dplo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
hmmmm
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by Pepeye(f): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
totally unacceptable and uncivilized behaviour
Doesn’t deserve a second chance

Oprah so right once more
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by StephenP(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
As much as I don't like Oprah, I have to admit, she is right.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by xavier3(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
i guess chris brown is tired of rihanna and just nids space, all he had 2do was break up wit her not beat her black and blue.

oprah is just looking for TV ratings nothing more, i guess dats why she couldn't pass up such a topic as rihanna's situation
Re: Oprah Winfrey Has A Warning For Rihanna: Chris Brown "will Hit You Again" by demystify(f): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2009
Better put **osisi

(1) (Reply)

Akon Shuts Down Mall In Charlotte, Nc / I Am Happy She Died – A Lady Reacts To Goldie’s Death / Pictures Of Linda Ikeji At Tiwa Savage Album Listening Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.