Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,487 members, 7,961,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. (939 Views)

Meat Sellers & Police Clash In Ibadan, Police Station Set On Fire This Afternoon / The Arrest Of Hacker, Doctor Michael Williams: Nigerians React / Okada Riders And Police Clash In Ibadan, One Dead, Many Injured. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by databoy247(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2015
The vicinity of the Oba’s Square located in the heart of Benin was on Friday afternoon thrown into turmoil following clash between army and police personnel.

It was gathered that some policemen clashed with a soldier, who had reportedly beaten up a female traffic warden at the Ibiwe junction by Oba Market Road and dragged him to the nearby Oba Market police station.

Following the incident, soldiers loaded in more than 10 Hilux buses stormed the police station, where the army officer was reportedly kept.
There was a near stampede as pandemonium broke out in the ever-busy vicinity following the arrival of the soldiers.

No fewer than 15 persons were reportedly injured in the melee that ensued, even as police fired shots and teargas canisters into the air to
Traffic was halted within the vicinity even as shop owners quickly closed for businesses.

It took about two hours before sanity was restored as the army team were seen departing the police station at about 5:45p.m.
Spokesman of the Army 4 Brigade, Benin, Jonah Unuakhalu, said the army will issue an official statement on the incident while the Public Relations Officer of the Edo State Police Command, Stephen Onwochei, could not be reached for comment.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/army-police-clash-benin
Re: Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by frankay430(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2015
I laff at police
Re: Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by osizi06(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
I pity my dear country.. Boko haram is stil at large and you are here clashing with your fellow security agency...smh
Re: Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by kikilove(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2015
I can imagine the beating the police would get from the army
Re: Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by databoy247(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2015
kikilove:
I can imagine the beating the police would get from the army

hehehehe grin
Re: Army And Police Clash In Benin Over The Arrest Of A Soldier. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2015
Did I hear u say 10Hilux of soji ?? Who win for the fight?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Were Duped Via Facebook / WICKEDNESS!! See What Is Remained Of The Lady Her Police Husband Set On Fire (gr / VIDEO: Man Arrested For Beating Up Elderly Nigerian Woman On London Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.