Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,084 members, 7,963,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:39 PM

Honey," I Love Burned Toast." - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Honey," I Love Burned Toast." (676 Views)

I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / “I Married My Boyfriend Who Infected Me With HIV Because I Love Him” —woman Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honey," I Love Burned Toast." by igbinigiejeff(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
When I was a kid, my Mom liked to cook food and every now & then I remember she used to cook for us. One night in particular when she had made dinner after a long hard day at work, Mom placed a plate of bread jam and extremely burned toast in front of my dad. I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt toast. But Dad just ate his toast and asked me how was my day at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember I heard Mom apologizing to dad for burning the toast. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned toast." Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she was really tired. And besides, A burnt toast never hurts anyone but harsh words do!" You know, life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. What I've learned over the years, is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each other?s differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right and have compassion for the ones who don't. ENJOY LIFE NOW. Have a beautiful day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honey," I Love Burned Toast." by chocolateme(f): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Inspirational there.. smiley
Re: Honey," I Love Burned Toast." by eleojo23: 2:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Real maturity at work.
Some men would have made a fuss about the burnt toast (and such men may not even know how to make a toast without burning it!)

If a man learns to handle situations like this with such maturity, his wife will always respect him unless she's possessed by an evil spirit!
Re: Honey," I Love Burned Toast." by igbinigiejeff(m): 3:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Very True!
Re: Honey," I Love Burned Toast." by Emmyk(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable Allowing Your Wife To Work As Marketer In Real Estate Firm? / A Father's Word To His Daughter / Who Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.