Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,618 members, 7,962,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Change Nigeria Network, 'the CNN'- The Pilot Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Change Nigeria Network, 'the CNN'- The Pilot Programme (322 Views)

Meet 15yrs Old Kimberly Anyadike On Cnn- The Youngest Black Female Pilot (video) / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) / The Change Nigeria Network, 'the CNN'- The Pilot Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Change Nigeria Network, 'the CNN'- The Pilot Programme by debaj10: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
THIS PILOT IS THE FIRST PART OF A LARGE-SCALE, NATIONWIDE PROJECT

"The CNN" is my initiative for us all to bypass partisan politics, our prejudices and personal ambitions- and channel our collective energies towards practical, 'grassroots" solutions (yes, I used the term) to our myriad problems; by each one of us COMMITTING our time and energy to the changes we want to see- but with a twist:
We will each be contributing answers to problems in our IMMEDIATE community: the very place we can have the greatest impact on, rather than shouting into the wind at Abuja. This is a direct challenge to all Nairalanders to 'put your money where your mouth is'. Or to put it bluntly in this case, put up your hand (to be counted), or shut up your mouth!

Our focus will be on the LGA council, vis-a-vis power, street lighting, roads, security, providing amenities, drainage, dispute resolution, refuse/sewage disposal, education and community-based social welfare programmes. After all, if you don't hold those you voted for to account, who will do it for you?

Once the groups begin to take shape we'll see how to take small community projects to successful completion and how to REALLY empower those in need.

So here's how it goes:
(Please Note- this pilot is for Lagos only)
1. In your profile: Name your Local Government Area of residence.
2. Create a thread for your LGA, as follows-
'LGA-Ikeja'.
- The first person to do the first two above for his/her LGA gets N200 recharge card from me, so kindly send me a pm. But there's a caveat!
You must commit to becoming the de facto 'mod' of the thread.
3. Each new LGA group member- starting with the mod- should provide the following: Initials, Phone number, Town of residence (in the LGA), a Minimum Time Commitment (from 7 hours/week); as follows-
Jb, 08012345678, TOR- Alausa, MTC- 10hrs/wk.
4. Invite your neighbours to join you in discussing and solving your community's problems.
5. Take your discussions global via social media (whatsapp, facebook, twitter, bbm, instagram, google+)- to benefit/involve your neighbours who travelled 'in the abroad'!
The only question is-
Do YOU commit to this programme?

(1) (Reply)

Newsscroll Today / Properties For Sale In Port Harcourt: / Police Arrest Aregbesola’s Ex-aide For 29-year-old Lover’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.