Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,656 members, 7,962,143 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Mob Killing of Suspected Kidnappers: A Possible Reason - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Killing of Suspected Kidnappers: A Possible Reason (1221 Views)

Photos Of Suspected Thieves Who Were Paraded With Stolen Vehicles In Ondo / Nigerian Hid 15kg Of Suspected Ivory Inside This Tailor-made Vest In Hong Kong / Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mob Killing of Suspected Kidnappers: A Possible Reason by Seun(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2005
Yes, Yes and Yes all what you said is true.

The problem is that when new currency is introduce to circulation, so many people will believe that they can make money by kidnapping the kid.

My believe is that the kidnappers, they sent by somebody, or what do you think about my point, so I will use this opportunity to advice my fellows that if they cut any kidnappers, Please Let's call on the Government to arrest the perpetrators.

Last wek Tuesday, there was incident that happened in Abeokuta in Ogun State at Sabo area, before the inccident happened,In the upper lask week people at Sabo in Abeokuta here said that they caight one kidnapper in there area and they challenged him, after challenging but he refuse to answer, but after some little torture he started confessing and they too him to Police Station. Do you believe that people at Sabo said that the Police released the kidnapper without informing them? Look at that!

This make them to hold a meeting, that if they catch any kidnappers around there premises or in Sabo area in Abeokuta, in the following week which is lask week Tuesday, they caught comfirmed kidnappers in there area which is Sabo in Abeokuta, so without wasting of time the people started beating them seriously and they confessed, and after their confessing they said set fire on to them instantly and burned in arch with the aid of tyre and fire.

So, who do you want blame?

From ola_taiwo.

1 Like

Re: Mob Killing of Suspected Kidnappers: A Possible Reason by Seun(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2005
My Response:
This is an insightful response, and I wil post it on the forum, but maybe the first kidnapper that confessed was not a real kidnaper but only confessed because he was being tortured?

Do you know that if they suspect you and they start torturing you, you will confess to anything they want just so they will leave you alone (and maybe take you to the police)? Do you agree with this?

Further Discussion
I will agree with you that if the police was not corrupt this mob lynching habit may not have developed to this extent.
Re: Mob Killing of Suspected Kidnappers: A Possible Reason by buckeye(m): 5:13am On Mar 19, 2006
Seun:

My Response:
This is an insightful response, and I wil post it on the forum, but maybe the first kidnapper that confessed was not a real kidnaper but only confessed because he was being tortured?

Do you know that if they suspect you and they start torturing you, you will confess to anything they want just so they will leave you alone (and maybe take you to the police)? Do you agree with this?

Further Discussion
I will agree with you that if the police was not corrupt this mob lynching habit may not have developed to this extent.

thats the point , the police are so corrupt that the civilians prefer to do justice on their own.

(1) (Reply)

From Benin To Lagos: Man Detained And Molest A Girl He Met On Facebook For 5days / Nigerian Air Force Begin Taking Delivery Of Helicopter Gunships (PHOTOS) / Man Who Slumped While Jogging In Lagos Yesterday Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.