Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,001 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4730621 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (3759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Building design and construction is about field experience and science of construction. I want to say this here. Clients should try as much as possible to engage the right hands on building because it's an expensive venture of which when the wrong things are done, regrets are weigh to many to bear.

If not for the group rules I would rather use pictures to always explain my points where necessary. I have been opportune to be in the building industry for over 5yrs now with 5 ongoing projects this year and currently working on.

Having done these types of foundation this year alone, I have a deep knowledge of what and what you need to know when building. It's good to have seen good guys who have good stuff to offer in the thread too. It's a good thing for us all.

Am happy to state here too that I have been working for two Nairalanders this year and am still on their project. Duplex all.

Feel free to quote or ask me questions where you need clarification on the building and construction industry. You are always welcomed. I have done building on these areas.

- Hard Soil - Pad and strip foundation
- Loose Soil - Raft Foundation
- Very swampy Soil - Composite foundation of Pad, Strip and Raft combined.

And so much more. My profile would show you most of my works listed here. If only admins permit I would use pictures to explain your questions when they come.

Thanks for your time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:28am On Jul 27, 2018
Building Design and construction at its peak
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2018
Dennis3D:
3rd Project this Year:
Project Location: Gbagada - Lagos State.

3 Bedroom Duplex in a very swampy site.
But look at how far we have gone...
Oga na wa for u ooo
U no get conscience? haba
See how u are flooding this thread with advert. U registered your id just last year, if everyone had advertised in this manner, this thread would have long been forgotten. The sanity in this thread is as a result of zero tolerance for advert.

Often times i wonder if u people can't adhere to simple rules on a public platform where u source for clients, how will u now adhere to complicated specifications on site where u are alone & in charge...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2018
mufutau55:

May be when you login before I did and you see the advert, but when I login and see the advert; I delete it pronto. So may be we have a timing issue. If you still see the advert now, please quote it here for me to see. I do not favor anyone on this thread.
I no dey vex and rudeness is not part of me. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Kdesigntech:
Do you want to build sharp sharp building within your budget without any delay, our approach is very simple with maximum space management and cost control to a very ridiculous amount.
We manage your design in a Unique manner, and good designs for very affordable prices. We also build and finish your houses at top quality workmanship. our designs are always unique, so we always advise to handle the project personally. Action the say, speaks louder than words

architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and stamp concrete (both polish & unpolish) for your landscape, 3D epoxy floor, wall panels and solving general building problems.

email: info@kdesigntech.com
Tel; 08035857204, 08141869662

@Hajji Mufu, this above is the advert l am referring to. it is still there on page 1006.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2018
Sorry about that.
Rubbiish:

Oga na wa for u ooo
See how u are flooding this thread with advert. U registered your id just last year, if everyone had advertised in this manner, this thread would have long been forgotten. The sanity in this thread is as a result of zero tolerance for advert.

Often times i wonder if u people can't adhere to simple rules on a public platform where u source for clients, how will u now adhere to complicated specifications on site where u are alone & in charge...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2018
And for the records. In as much as I respect your opinion, I wouldn't take any insolent word from you.

Rubbiish:

Oga na wa for u ooo

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2018
Aventures:
This rather sounds rude. This is a free forum, courtesy matters a lot.

Wetin dey do this one? You wan cry more than the bereaved? .

What is rude in me stating my observation about an advert? Pin-point the rude part of my statement and let others judge.
Did the person l addressed it to say l was rude to him? Which one is your own or you just wan blow grammar?

You better stay on your lane and dont derail this thread, abeg.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2018
redcliff:
Hello House who has an idea how much per sqm of POP and wall screeding costs these days? who can recommend someone who is good at his trade for me. thanks.
I have someone i can recommend just call me on 0906919327
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2018
smallsmall:

@Hajji Mufu, this above is the advert l am referring to. it is still there on page 1006.

Thank you. I just saw some of them as I logged in now and I have deleted them pronto. I have been trying my best to keep this thread clean from advertisers. I have looked from Page 1005 to present Page 1007 and I don't see it anymore. Please let me know if you still see any. Thanks.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2018
Dennis3D:
And for the records. In as much as I respect your opinion, I wouldn't take any insolent word from you.

Please stop posting your project work here. Open your own thread. Direct or indirect advert is not permitted here.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
mufutau55:

Thank you. I just saw some of them as I logged in now and I have deleted them pronto. I have been trying my best to keep this thread clean from advertisers.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
A friend wants to buy this plot of land, I advised him against it. What do you think? Is this land worth it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:

I have someone i can recommend just call me on 0906919327

please can you drop the information i asked for here so that other people can benefit from it too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2018
presiade:
A friend wants to buy this plot of land, I advised him against it. What do you think? Is this land worth it?

It depends on what he wants to use it for and also how busy the road is.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

It depends on what he wants to use it for and also how busy the road is.

He intends to use it for residential purpose. It's located off the main road. So would you say it's ok? It's the geometry of the plot that I personally don't like.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Noted Admin.

mufutau55:

Please stop posting your project work here. Open your own thread. Direct or indirect advert is not permitted here.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Now that's why you need a professional and experienced architect to design something that would change your view over the land. As far as am concerned. What am seeing can enter Duplex with very good car park spaces and recreational areas.

I have worked on more irregular shaped land and have done well in them.

The records are there to see.

presiade:

He intends to use it for residential purpose. It's located off the main road. So would you say it's ok? It's the geometry of the plot that I personally don't like.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goldiano(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello... Pls I need urgent help on covering of a three bedroom flat... I need intellectual guidance on type of roofing sheet to use (either sumo or any that of quality whose price is less than #18,000... Also, I want the breakdown of woods that I would need for doing the roofing of that same three bedroom flat... I currently stays in bodija, ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
Dennis3D:
Now that's why you need a professional and experienced architect to design something that would change your view over the land. As far as am concerned. What am seeing can enter Duplex with very good car park spaces and recreational areas.

I have worked on more irregular shaped land and have done well in them.

The records are there to see.

My view is that if a regular-shaped plot is available, why go with that odd one? sincerely, would you put your money on that land?? Just questions that I would like answered.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
Cost - they often come cheaper if properly negotiated
Value - you will likely get better value per sqm
Uniqueness - rare opportunity to erect a non-conventional structure
Availability - your view has a big "IF". On the other hand, if it is a prime/location of choice and not many plots available, then sure you may have to grab what is available provided it works for you.

This irregularly shaped plot is exactly some client/architect's dream. Like @Dennis3D already mentioned, a good architect will turn this around into a dream structure. for example you can tuck in a pool or playground into that smaller corner.

presiade:

My view is that if a regular-shaped plot is available, why go with that odd one? sincerely, would you put your money on that land?? Just questions that I would like answered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
megacontrol:
Cost - they often come cheaper if properly negotiated
Value - you will likely get better value per sqm
Uniqueness - rare opportunity to erect a non-conventional structure
Availability - your view has a big "IF". On the other hand, if it is a prime/location of choice and not many plots available, then sure you may have to grab what is available provided it works for you.

This irregularly shaped plot is exactly some client/architect's dream. Like someone already mentioned, a good architect will turn this around into a dream structure. for example you can tuck in a pool or playground into that smaller corner.

Alright thank you for your insight. Without doubt you would put your money down for such plot located in a fast-developing neighborhood. I would tell him. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2018
I love to write with facts and figures and more practical.
Like I said before I just went through my phone archive now to bring out a client from Nairaland here too that have a similar shape of land. I was able to design a Duplex on it and as we speak am currently doing the construction too in Gbagada Lagos state on Pile.

See the image below...

presiade:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2018
Am in PH currently. And am doing exactly this type of foundation for a one storey am building. You might want to contact me from my details below for more information.

PH Soil bearing capacity is not too strong so in this area. New GRA. I used an isolated Pad with Ground Beam to carry the block works. Other details of construction can be shared with any client that have a similar soil.

Malevonent:

superb analysis, @house, i need the contact of someone who would help me do a soil test for my project in ph, rivers state.
would also like to know the norml charge

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:14am On Jul 28, 2018
presiade:
The land is too narrow....They are always difficult to plan for future use. U will have lot of unusable space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by presiade(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Dennis3D:
I love to write with facts and figures and more practical.
Like I said before I just went through my phone archive now to bring out a client from Nairaland here too that have a similar shape of land. I was able to design a Duplex on it and as we speak am currently doing the construction too in Gbagada Lagos state on Pile.

See the image below...

That's my point- land utility would be low, as you have in your design. He intends to build a main building and a boys-quarters but such land would not permit that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2018
If he is ready. Let's start up with the design.

presiade:

That's my point- land utility would be low, as you have in your design. He intends to build a main building and a boys-quarters but such land would not permit that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2018
Please Fellow Nairalanders,

Can anyone assist me with a contact person who works in Agege Lagos state building development authority. I need to get an approval for a proposed project to take place in Oko Oba.

I would be following up on the thread for a contact pls.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) ... (3759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beframia, Blessedsunny2(m), nighov2024 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.